New X-Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fox in the Chicken Coop

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A Fox in the Chicken Coop Empty A Fox in the Chicken Coop

Post by Black Widow Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:24 pm

It had taken Kiara several days to finally locate where Zoe was staying. She made sure to note the address so she could pass that information along to Ray. She had managed to also get Zoe's cell phone number. Using Jayden's voice she convinced Zoe to meet "him" at a particular address that day at noon under the guise of talking about what had happened and trying to patch things up. Zoe was unfamiliar with the address, but drove there, only to discover it was an abandoned warehouse. Kiara was lying in wait and ambushed Zoe as soon as she walked in the door. She used a tranquilizer on her and then tied her to a chair and gagged her. She then assumed her form and took her car. She drove to the mansion. She hoped she could avoid having to engage with too many of the people there, especially Jayden. She just wanted to get down to the sub-basement and start copying computer files and taking pictures of everything that was down there. She parked the car and got out and walked inside...

OOC-I'm thinking that what gives her away is that she calls Jayden something like "sweetie" and she has never done that before. I would assume he would already be suspicious by that time though.

Black Widow
Admin

https://new-x-men.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Fox in the Chicken Coop Empty Re: A Fox in the Chicken Coop

Post by VoltKimo Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:13 pm

OOC: I'd imagine the scent would give her away to Jayden or does Zoe wear perfumes. I think he'd be too distracted by her being nice to him again if thats the route she goes with

IC:

Azari was assisting his father down in the subbasement in one of the extra finalzing the sensory deprivation room for Jasmine and other students to utilize. Kai and Kamea and Kimo were in the backyard with their newborns enjoying each others company. They all knew eventually Kai and Sorina would return to the islands after all. Both had taken to fatherhood rather quickly. So when Kiara entered there wasn't many people around to question her.

Jayden was getting out of the bathroom and stopped seeing the empty room. He and James were on uneasy speaking terms, mostly because Kai had actually followed up on his threats and trapped both of them in earth until they relented. James would reach out to Zoe eventaully and ask if she'd consider hearing him out and letting him apologize again. Until then Jayden remained doubtful she would take him back. He rubbed his head and decided to get himself something to drink down in the kitchen.

He stepped down on the main level nad began to head to the kitchen when he spotted Zoe. His heart leapt up but he resisted the urge to run over. She was still most likely mad at him so he felt a slow approach was best. "Zoe?" He called making his way over.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:25 pm

OOC-Ooo…her scent, that's a good idea.

IC-Kiara had just made it over to the elevator when she suddenly heard someone coming down the stairs. She quickly pressed the "down" button and heard the elevator come up to the main level. The doors opened and she was about to step on when she heard Zoe's name being called. Looking over she saw Jayden and she cursed quietly. She remembered that they weren't at a good place in their relationship and decided to play that card. She glanced at Jayden, but didn't really look at him.

"I'm just here to get a few things," she said as an explanation as to why she was there.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:11 pm

OOC-just wanted to be sure you saw that I started a new thread on the Avengers board

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:09 pm

IC:

Jayden's remaining hope was dashed when 'Zoe' dismissed him saying she was only grabbing a few things here. He was going to give her her space but he remembered what Kai said. He shook his head, "No wait.. we have to talk about this. you can't...i know i messed up Zoe." He said feeling some determination.

"I shoudln't have pushed you away i know that but i'm working on it please give me another chance. if not for me then for our kid." Jayden said dropping that bomb.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:26 pm

Kiara tried to keep her expression neutral when she discovered Zoe was pregnant. She had had no idea. She had already taken a huge risk by kidnapping Zoe, but with her being pregnant she knew that these people were going to be less likely to just let it go.

"I...I'm really tired Sweetie. Can we talk tomorrow?"

At this point Jayden's senses may have alerted him that something was wrong. First of all, Zoe never called him "Sweetie". But second, now that he was close to her he would have breathed in some of her scent and quickly realized that it wasn't Zoe...

She started to step onto the elevator...

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:31 pm

Jayden was too distracted by what was happening to notice there was a new scent. Not to mention it was coming from 'Zoe'. when she called him sweetie his confusion was obvious and he that scent hit him. He took a few sniffs and his eyes focused hard on her. "Wait..." He said reaching out to grab her hand. He planned on taking a deep breath just to make sure but he was confident this wasn't Zoe.

"I think we need to talk now." His tone growing a bit more aggressive

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:04 pm

Kiara quickly realized age had screwed up and she needed to think...fast. With a growl, she twisted her wrist free of his grasp in one quick motion and then punched him hard. She dashed onto the elevator and the doors closed before he could get on. She rode the elevator down to the sub-basement and knew she had little time to waste. She quickly began down the hallway, looking into whatever rooms she could.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:22 pm

Jayden lost his grip on Kiara and his head jerked when she punched it. He simply turned his head feeling his neck pop. He drew a claw out thinking of just dropping down onto the lift but didn't want to cause considerable damage to the building. Afterall there were only few exits out of the subbasement. He turned and ran to inform Storm they had intruder.

Forge had put on the final touches one of hte new beds and walked to the computer to begin testing it. The bed was to close up around the individual but not too tightly sealing away the outside world. Azari watched as the bed closed up and he checked the connections. There were panels inside for the user to open and close the bed at will along with manual controls for both in and outside. The door opened up and Azari stood spotting Zoe.

His eyes seemed to flicker over her body, something everyone had gotten used to over the years, "Hello Zoe.." Azari said surprised she was back at the mansion. did she make up with Jayden?"

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:43 pm

Ororo was in her study looking over a few documents when Jayden burst in. She could tell immediately that something was wrong, judging from the look on his face. She stood up, sensing that she was going to need to spring into action quickly.

"What is it Jayden?"

Kiara had pulled out her phone and had begun snapping pictures of anything she saw that was of possible interest to outside organizations. She knew her time was running out and she would need to make a quick exit, but she wanted to find the fabled "Cerebro" machine. She opened up a door to a room that she hoped might be housing it, but instead saw two men working on...a bed? The bed appeared to close and there were connections, wiring, and buttons. It clearly was not an ordinary bed, but her mind couldn't even fathom what it might be used for. She wanted to slip out quietly, but the younger of the two men stood up. She found him quite handsome with his intense blue eyes.

"Oh hello...sorry to have disturbed you. I was looking for Jayden..."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:23 pm

Jayden caught his breath, "We have a shapechanger that looks like Zoe. She just went down into hte subbasement." he said. He grew fearful then as he realized that Zoe could be in trouble. IT wouldn't do well if the person you're copying is still out there. HE dug out his phone and thought of just calling Andrew to ask if Zoe was in the house.

Azari wiped his hands off and approached 'Zoe', "Nothing to apologize for. are things alright now between you and Jayden?" He asked. Seeing as he was close to her family he had a vested interest in her well being. And seeing how she was looking for Jayden things must be going well. "He might be in the danger room." Azari said but wasn't sure. Jayden would have gotten someone to set up a training session.

He looked into her eyes thinking something was different. "Have you..changed something?" Azari asked unaware of who he was talking to. His eyes focusing on every little detail

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:33 pm

Upon learning that there was a shapeshifter in the building, Ororo immediately sprang into action. "Call Andrew and Alex. Figure out if Zoe is with them or when they last saw her. If this person is in the subbasement they are using her form to spy on us."

Ororo then used her earpiece to notify Forge of the situation. She didn't want to use the intercom and alert the intruder. They needed to take this person alive if possible to figure out where Zoe was. "Forge...we have a situation. There is a shapeshifter in the subbasement who has assumed Zoe's form."

Kiara began to sense from the way the other man was looking at her that they were on to her and she began to back away. She then turned and fled down the hallway.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:57 pm

Jayden nodded and looked through his phone and paled when he realized he didnt have Andrew's number. Instead he dialed up Alex's hoping she could reach out to him to confirm if Zoe was alright.

Forge heard Ororo's voice and regretabbly looked over to 'Zoe'. Seeing her back away he got up. "I have visual. Azari, its a shapeshifter." He said. Azari looked to his father and looked back to Kiara as she stepped away and began to run. He breathed out and stepped out into the hallway in a casual manner.

"Miss, the system will lock down this level in a matter of moments you have no where to run. Please dont run i have a full schedule." Azari said. "How troublesome..." He said going after Kiara. He realized she may have been taking pictures and they would have to confiscate it. True to his word the alarm began to sound and the subbasement would begin his lockdown procedures.

OOC: So did we want her to escape??

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:06 pm

Alex was with Andrew at the house. Since they momentarily had the house to themselves they were on the couch making out pretty heavily as things began to escalate. Alex pulled back and grinned at Andrew. "How about we move back to the bedroom?"

However, before he could even respond her cell phone began to ring. At first she thought about not answering it, but she knew it could be work. She gave her husband an apologetic look and picked up her phone. She was surprised to see it was Jayden who was calling.

"Hi Jayden."

Kiara, who was still in Zoe's form, looked back at Azari. She suddenly heard the alarms and she began to panic. She heard the other man approach and she made a move. She pulled out her handgun and got an arm around Azari's neck and pointed the gun at his head as she looked at the other man.

"I'll tell you where Zoe is if you agree that I will walk out of here. Otherwise, I will kill him."

OOC-Yes, this is the only way I could think of for her to get out of there. She, Ray, and Caleb are going to become problems for them I'm thinking. I'm also still thinking that she is going to kill Kylie.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:31 pm

Andrew had seen that Zoe had left the house for the day and he was going to take advantage of it knoiwng that Alex was home for the day as well. So he was rather happy to find she had the same thing in mind. When Alex took the lead about going back to the bedroom he leaned up to just preemptively undo his belt when that phone went off. He leaned back on his haunches his body obviously hot and ready to go. When Alex greeted Jayden his shoulder slumped.

"Just want to sex up my wife why is this so difficult." Andrew sighed rubbing his head. He looked down at himself hoping it wasn't anything major it would take some time to get himself to calm down.

Hearing Alex's voice Jayden spoke up, "Hi, sorry to bother you is Zoe there?" He said. He shook his head, "Sorry its serious, theres a shapeshifter here that's taken her appearance is Alex in teh house with you guys?" Jayden asked hoping she was safe.

Forge rushed out into the hallway and stopped seeing Azari had been apprehended. If Kiara were to focus on Azari's pulse she would find him to be stone cold calm. Azari hadn't anticipated such movements from Kiara and froze seeing her gun. He kept his hands up presenting no threat to her. He looked to his father motioning that he was alright.

"Alright lets just stay calm." Forge said. He heard out her demand and wasn't about to risk his son and Zoe by doing something heroic. Azari paid close attention to Kiara's voice trying to determine anything he could use to id her. His hand brushed against her arm also in an attempt to figure out her mutation. He had no expereince with shape shifters and made a note to fix that.

"I'll go willingly. I assume that means you have Zoe somewhere safe. How will we know you will release her?" Azari asked. Not in an attempt to hold her up but he wasn't going to take her word. "I assume you are here on a scouting mission? information perhaps?"

OOC: Thought it was Caleb that was going to shoot Kylie. Had a thought that maybe Azari goes with as a show of good faith or did we want Jayden to track Zoe down? I've forgotten and too lazy to go looking lol

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:42 pm

OOC-I think we had talked about Kiara doing it, but it could also be Caleb. I think Zoe would have her phone on her so they would be able to track her. Kiara isn't going to take Azari far...just far enough to where she is off the property and can make a run for it.

IC-Alex could hear the uncertainty in Jayden's voice and knew something was seriously wrong. So when she heard that a shapeshifter had taken Zoe's appearance fear gripped her immediately. "No, she isn't here. She went out this morning. Did this person do something to her?"

Kiara kept the gun pointed at Azari's head. The muzzle was right up against his skull and it would be evident to Forge that she would kill him. "I just want to get out of here. Get me off the property and I will let you go. Your friend still has her cell phone on her. I'm sure you can track her. She's unharmed...just tranquilized. Do I have your word that I will leave her safely?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:58 pm

OOC: I just figure whoever does it might be killed. Have it in my head Kimo gets to that point but cant pull the trigger so Andrew does it but we'll play it by ear.

IC:

Jayden wasn't sure and he didnt have any answers. "I dont know. I know we have the shapeshifter in the subbasement. I"m sure Ororo and Forge will think of something." he said wanting to run down there now and confront Kiara.

Azari kept still not doubting that Kiara would kill him. It would be foolish but she was rather trapped down here and desperate. Sensing the same Forge backed off. "Alright, you have my word." Forge said. "Let me get on the elevator and head up first just to make sure no one tries anything." He said not wanting anyone to take risks.

"Jayden would be a concern. you have kidnapped his wife after all." Azari said trying to keep things light and friendly. "How long can you hold that form?" He asked curious. Forge overrode the lockdown and the elevator started up again.

"I'll send it back down soon as i've cleared out the hallway no one will get in your way." Forge said doing his best to remain calm.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:09 pm

OOC-That actually makes sense. Maybe what happens is that Kylie injures or nearly kills Kiara, setting Caleb off and he kills her because of that.

IC-Alex hung up the phone and looked at Andrew with fear in her eyes. "Zoe's missing. A shapeshifter has taken on her form in order to infiltrate the mansion."

Kiara maintained her form and kept the gun level at Azari's head. Her grip on him was tight. She was glad when the older man agreed to let her go. She could sense he was being truthful, but she didn't relax. She would keep Azari as he hostage as long as she needed to.

"I can hold any form for as long as I need to. You're not going to cause me to slip up and reveal my true form so you best shut up."

Lani and the rest of her family had heard the alarms going off and came inside. She knew that Azari had been down in the subbasement with his father and so she grew concerned when only Forge came up. "Where's Azari? What's going on?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:23 pm

OOC: Oh perfect that works for me

IC:

Andrew got up from Alex and put his belt bakc into place. "Ok, we'll head to the mansion." He said his mind switching to father mode immediately. Running off wouldn't help so going to the others to find out more info was their only option. "They'll be able to better assess what the next step shoudl be." He said helping her up.

Azari could feel Kiara wasn't letting up on her grip on him. Doing his best he tried to look at her to see if she had to concentrate to keep her form or not but if she were to get irritated with him moving he would cease immediately. "I'm merely curious. Aside from another mutant by the name of Mystique i haven't heard another of shapeshifter." he said. He wanted to keep her talking at the very least to see if her voice changed.

"I find you a fascination." He admitted truthfully. Azari loved learning new things and well here was something new. He heard the elevator ding once, "He's arrived on the ground floor. it should just be a moment more for it to come back down." Azari said wanting to make her at ease.

Forge stepped off the elevator and was glad he did come up first. "Alright everyone. There is a hostage situation. I need everyone to move back down the hallway away from the elevator and the front door. Azari is fine and is safe so long as we give them room." Forge said. "In exchange for the shapeshifters safety she'll release Zoe. It's in our best interest to let her walk out the door." Forge advised. Kai looked to Lani knowing she would be upset.

"We'll give her space, if she's being reasonable theres no cause for us to be concerned." He said backing off. Kamea huffed keeping a tight grip on his bat but backed off. Since Jasmine's rescue Kamea's relationship with Azari had changed drastically. He had accepted him as a brother and wasn't keen on letting someone threaten a family member. Seeing as the boys were backing up Forge sent the elevator back down

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:38 pm

Alex nodded and tried to remain calm. It was difficult, knowing that her daughter was in danger, but she couldn't allow herself to assume the worst. Her first instinct was to call Mariah, but she quickly remembered that she was on a mission with Steve and Sam and it was not known when they would return. She texted James, however, to alert him to the situation.

Kiara smirked a little when Azari admitted his fascination with her. "Well, I'm extremely powerful. The only person I allow to 'study me' is my fiancé. He's also a very powerful mutant. We're not people to be messed with." What she hadn't realized was that her voice had slipped just slightly, allowing her Irish accent to come through just for a second. She heard the elevator come back down and when the doors opened she forced Azari to walk with her inside. As the elevator reached the main floor and the doors opened, she stuck her head out slightly and looked around and only saw Forge, but could sense others were around. For Lani, it was nearly impossible to watch her husband being held hostage and not do anything. Kylie had to put her arm around her in order to keep her there. She sensed that any movement from any of them might cause this shapeshifter to take drastic action and kill Azari.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:47 pm

James was just lounging in the apartment when he received the text. Figuring the same thing he would amke his way to the mansion.

Azari tried to take another look thinking he spotted the smirk. He made a mental note that she responded to praise. She mentions powerful twice, play to her ego he thought. "You would have to be. I'm under the assumption you and your friends are not Brotherhood." He said. A reasonable theory as the Brotherhood had seemingly dissolved. "To make out in the world you must be powerful, you're fiance even more so." he said taking notice of her accent slip. Azari did not resist Kiara and walked into the elevator with her.

He would ahve to reexamine himself there was a part of him that was enjoying this little event. Forge remained still as the elevator doors opened. He visibly relaxed seeing that Azari was alright. "Would you like me to step out first?" Azari asked Kiara. "The exit would be to our left, if anyone has shown up they would surely be on our right some distance away."

"He's correct. No body will come near." Forge said giving his word.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:59 pm

Kiara, like Ray, did have a big ego. Since the partnership they had formed she had become much more confident and enjoyed the benefits they had reaped. She had made a few mistakes today by underestimating these mutants, but had gotten some information so it wasn't a total loss.

"We're the New Brotherhood and we have friends in high places so I would watch your backs," she threatened as she forced him off the elevator. She began to head towards the left, but tightened her grip on him when he asked if she wanted him to step out first. "We'll go together."

They got outside and then they made their way off the property. It was only then that she released him. She kept the gun pointed at him though. "Your friend is at 1105 Maple Street on the main floor in the last room on the left."

She then made him walk back onto the property and out of her sight before she fled.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:06 pm

Azari took in as much information as she was willing to give as they made their way out of the mansion and off the property. He followed her commands and once she gave him the last directive he followed them with no protest. Once he heard her footsteps as she fled he lowered his hands and looked the way he came. Very fascinating he thought before heading back to the mansion as if he was returning from a walk. New questions came to mind and her threats that he had earlier dismissed seemed more genuiene. The facility she most likely took pictures of would be of no benefit to some layman.

He stepped back into the mansion and was nearly beset by the others. He shared hte address that Kiara had given him. Lani could tell he was thinking as his eyes werent focusing on anyone.

Hearing the address from upstairs, Jayden was forbidden specifically not to approach, he leapt out the window and made a mad dash for his dads motorcycle. wasting no time in looking for keys he popped off the ignition and started it up and raced off to save Zoe.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:17 pm

Kiara had shifted back into her regular form, unaware that there was a camera on a building across the street that had captured it. She knew the information she had obtained would not likely amount to much, but it was a start and she had successfully infiltrated the building, proving it could be done.

When Azari told them the address, Kylie looked at Kimo and was about to say they needed to get there, but before she could open her mouth she heard Jayden jump out of the upstairs window. A moment later she heard the sound of the motorcycle starting up. At that same time she heard a call pull up and saw Andrew and Alex. She and Kimo quickly went out to meet them. "Stay in the car. We have the address where Zoe is...and clearly Jayden does as well." She told Andrew the address and they all headed that way, following after Jayden.

Lani looked at Azari and cupped her hands around his face and forced him to look at her and focus on her. "Are you ok?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:32 pm

OOC: we're not killing Kylie off now are we?

Andrew ahd thought he had seen Jayden racing off but paid no mind as they pulled up to the mansion. Seeing Kylie and Kimo rush out however he stayed in the car. Soon as they got into the car he slammed the gear into hte gear and took off after Jayden. His eyes sparking he did his best to keep them safe as they headed to that address.

Jayden began to take the backroads to avoid the heavier traffic and would beat the others there. Not fearing for his own safety he pushed the bike and took risks to get to that address wanting to get Zoe out of htere as fast as possible.

Azari was still contemplating the impact of a new brotherhood whne Lani grabbed his face. His eyes suddenly came to focus and she knew she managed to pull him out from mind. "yes, of course why wouldn't i be?" He asked.

"Some random mutant had a gun to your head." Kamea pointed out. Azari blinked a few times but slowly nodded.

"Minor risk, she couldn't afford to lose what leverage she had." He explained. Kamea crossed his arms and asked how he knew that. "She has an ego, she enjoys having power. Being submissive and praising her would keep her appeased." He said.

"were you able to get anything out of her?" forge asked.

"I believe she's Irish, part of a group. most likely small, opportunistic any information she may have obtained she'd be willing to sell or provide to someone else." Azari said going over the notes he took in his mind. He looked to Lani, "She didnt hurt me Leilani, i promise i'm fine." He said wanting to ease her concern.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum