New X-Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rescue

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Rescue - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rescue

Post by VoltKimo Thu May 17, 2018 9:43 pm

Matt held Jasmine close to him sitting to make himself comfortable as she rested in his arms. He thanked Alex for her help knowing she didt the best she could do with what they had. he gently brushed her cheek. "I have you." He whispered.

Rolling James over Mariah coudl see that he had suffered a head wound from the fall. But he was breathing and when she touched his face he groaned but still seemed out of it. His closed eyes blinked a few times as her voice seemed to cause him to stir.

"He's alive." Kai said breathing a sigh of relief. He looked around and when he didnt see Azari he grew worried. He noticed Kamea was looking towards the black smoke.

"You..dont think.." Kamea said fearful. Kai stood leaving Mariah with James and headed off with Kamea towards the crash site calling out for Azari along the way.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Thu May 17, 2018 9:58 pm

Mariah was relieved when James started to make some sounds. She could see he had suffered a head wound, but it didn't seem life threatening. When he opened his eyes and looked up at her she smiled down at him and shook her head.

"I can't take you anywhere."

It was then that she realized that Azari was still missing. She looked over in the same direction where Kamea was looking and saw the black tendrils of smoke. She felt some fear come over her. She wanted to go with the brothers, but she knew she needed to stay with James.

Once she knew that Jasmine was completely out and safe with Matt, Alex decided she needed to go find James and Azari. She followed the trail the others had made and gasped when she saw her son and quickly made her way over. She examined him and looked at Mariah. "He'll be alright. He will have the worst headache of his life, but he'll live."

"Maybe," Mariah said with a teasing grin as she looked at him. "A few days ago he made the biggest fuss over a papercut."

Alex then stood and looked around. "Where's Azari?"

Mariah sighed and motioned towards the black smoke. Alex quickly took off in that direction.

Black Widow
Admin

https://new-x-men.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Fri May 18, 2018 7:49 pm

OOC-I has this thought that Jasmine is going to temporarily have amnesia when she wakes up and not recognize anyone...not even Matt. What do you think?

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Fri May 18, 2018 10:31 pm

OOC: a lof of things happened to that head of hers. I dont think anyone would be surprised if she did have amnesia. sure, we can do that

IC:

James vision was blurry but he knew where he was and why he was there. So he figured Mariah was making fun of him in some way. He breathed out and went back to resting his head killing him and his body felt a little numb.

Kai and Kamea slid to a halt at the edge of the cliff overlooking the ravine. Seeing the smoking remains of the jet chilled them as they hadnt located any signs of Azari. The jet was in the middel of the riber propped up by a few rocks until the water swelled and the front of hte jet submerged. Kamea cursed and began to make his way down closely followed by Kai.

Seeing how long it was taking Kamea simply leapt away from the cliffface creating a slide of ice. Kai jumped after his brother and slid down into the river heading towards the jet. Making their way inside causing water to rush inside but they were determined to get Azari. Finding him submerged strapped to the chair Kamae wrenched his harness free and with Kai's help dragged him out of hte wreck.

Kai and Kamea carried Azari through the waves and onto dry land. Seeing that he wasnt breathing they immediately began to perform CPR with Kamea pressing on his chest and Kai providing air. After a few moments of this Kai slowly stopped providing air as it didnt look like Azari was responding. Kamea looked to his brother as he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Kamea..."

"no..no no." Kamea moved Kai's hand off his shoulder and continued to press on Azari's chest. "wake up..we cant go home without you." Kamea said getting worked up. He took a breath and breathed into Azari and resumed CPR tears beginning to well up. "God damnit wake up!" Kamea yelled. Kai closed his eyes as tears came as Kamea continued.

Kai reached over to stop Kamea as he would only cause damage when Azari's fingers twitched and his chest moved. He straightened up as Kamea moved to the side as Azari tried to cough up the water. They carefully lifted him as Azari vomited and started gasping for air. Kamea just gave him a hug relief spreading through. "give him air..jesus." Kai said quickly.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sat May 19, 2018 6:55 am

Alex reached Kai and Kamea and helped them to move Azari back over to where the others were. James was moved as well so the entire team was together in one area. They had no jet, and no way of reaching anyone so they could only hope that help would come eventually. As darkness came, they began to set up a camp with what few things they had. Sam and Steve made a small fire and everyone sat close together. Jasmine was still heavily sedated and Matt refused to leave her side even for a moment. After a few hours when the sedation began to wear off, Alex administered some more. No one knew what to expect when she woke up and they could not deal with it here. She could only hope that help came before she ran out of sedation medication.

Suddenly, Mariah's keen ears picked up on a sound. She slowly stood and stepped away from the others and listened.

"Guys...I think someone's coming."

Seconds later a large, black jet appeared from thin air and landed straight down, just like a helicopter within the clearing. The jet a lot like the blackbird, but was larger and was sleeker. Mariah pulled out her handgun and readied it, just in case this wasn't help. The engines were cut and a moment later the door opened. Much to everyone's relief, out stepped Ororo and Forge.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun May 20, 2018 4:31 pm

After looking over James and Azari it seemed they were both suffering consussions. and with Azari's past history with head trauma things were a little tense. Both he and James were still resting soundly and Matt kept hold of Jasmine gently brushing her cheek from time to time. He wasn't fond of the sedatives that Alex was using but he knew they were necessary.  When Mariah pointed out that someone was coming he moved Jasmine closer ready to pick her up and flee to keep her safe.

The others stood as the sound of jets came closer. Collectively they relaxed seeing it was allies arriving. Forge placed a hand in his pocket as he joined Ororo at the boarding ramp. "Evenin campers. We have a med facility inside." Forge said mostly for Alex's benefit. The boys did their best to pick up James and Azari carefully and began to move them aboard.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun May 20, 2018 4:43 pm

Ororo quickly moved over to check on Azari and then helped Alex and Kai and Kamea get both him and James onto the jet. Ororo let Matt bring Jasmine aboard and she was placed on a cot and strapped down. There was a place for Matt to sit next to her during the flight back. Mariah helped Steve and Sam to put out the fire and take down the makeshift shelter they had erected. Once this was all done they joined the others aboard the new jet. Mariah looked around and then looked at Ororo and Forge.

"Secret project?"

Ororo smiled a little and nodded. "This wasn't exactly the way Forge and I wanted to unveil it, but here it is. It's something we've been working on together for a long time."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun May 20, 2018 6:43 pm

The camp was broken and everyone boarded up. Forge made sure to mark the location of the oriignal Blackbird for salvage retrieval. Kai and Kamea took their seats glad they had a new ride and soon they would be home. Azari was still unconscious and James was fading in and out. Forge made sure everyone was secure and smiled hearing Ororo explain they wanted to unveil the jet at a later date.

"Not ideal but we got a pretty good test run out of it." Forge said. They hadn't activated all of the systems as they didn't really need to. Forge had set aside space for a briefing room, of course the med area and a small barracks. "Still have a few things to work on. the holographics aren't up to date but that was only a matter of time really." Forge said heading to the cockpit.

Matt kept to Jasmine's side, "We'll be home soon." He said. Now that she was secure he looked to the others and hoped they woudln't hold anything against her. "she'll be alright..physically i mean?" Matt asked looking to Alex.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun May 20, 2018 6:50 pm

Ororo quickly got the jet back into the air and they began their journey back home. This jet was much faster than the original Blackbird and so it wouldn't take nearly as long to get home. She sent a message to Kylie and Kimo to let them know that they were on their way and they had Jasmine with them.

Alex wanted to monitor Jasmine's BP and heart rate so she hooked her up to one of the machines and they immediately began to get readings. Her BP was elevated somewhat, but her heart rate had come back down to almost normal. She looked at Matt when he asked her if Jasmine would be alright physically. "It's hard to tell at this point to be honest. She doesn't appear to have any outwardly physical damage, but until I can do a thorough check we won't be sure. It's her mental state that I'm most concerned about," she said honestly as she went to check on James and Azari. "We're just lucky we have her and everyone is...mostly alright. This could have ended much differently."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun May 20, 2018 7:05 pm

Matt watched Alex as she worked thoughts of the day Jodie was born and he lost his first wife haunted him. He had learned a great deal of time later that it was Alex who tried to save her long ago. Looking back to Jasmine he knew how lucky they were that things turned out the way they did. He looked over to Azari and James as Alex went to check on them.

Besides possible concusions James would be able ot walk away with a minor head wound and bruised back. Azari's prosthetic arm was damaged in the crash and would have to replaced. He'd still have to be kept under careful watch but James would make a recovery. "I dont kno how i'll repay you all." Matt said watching her work on them feeling guilt that they were harmed.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun May 20, 2018 7:10 pm

Alex was worried about Azari, but didn't say anything about it. She simply smiled over at Matt. "Matt, Jasmine is family...you are family and family does things for each other without thought of repayment. I'm just happy she's coming home. As for what comes next, well, we'll deal with that too...together. We take care of each other. Like it or not, you're one of us now."

OOC-Feel free to jump ahead to when or after they get back if you want.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun May 20, 2018 7:53 pm

The flight back to the mansion was swift but quiet as all the injured parties were still out of it. Alex was able to get the parties moved to the med wring in the mansion. Jasmine was kept seperate from the others for everyone safety. James and Azari were held up in another. Lani was informed of Azari's condition of course.

Logan and Sabella were informed of Jasmine's return but she was being monitored carefully. Kai and Kamea immediately returned to their wives scrapped up but whole. Andrew had been waiting for them to get back and was surprised so little were injured. Sabella had patched him up.

In the subbasement Mat was sitting at Jasmine's side listening to the heart monitor beep. He was frightened that when she woke it woudn't be the Jasmine that he loved. "Four months.." Matt said looking ot her sleeping face. "I'll have a lot of making up to you. we can go to the park with the kids..or see a movie just the two of us." Matt said.

Azari rested peacefully in his bed. Forge hagving removed the prosthetic noticing it was damaged. Kamea and Kai, before seeing their wives, informed Lani what had happend how Azari stayed on the jet to ensure everyone go off safely.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun May 20, 2018 8:03 pm

Upon hearing of their return and Azari's condition, Lani rushed to the medical wing to see him. As she walked quickly down the hallway she glanced into the first room and saw Jasmine laying sedated on a bed with Matt sitting beside her. Even though Jasmine had been brought back, everyone was still tense because no one knew what to expect when she woke up. She found where Azari had been taken and she quickly walked over to him. Forge was still there and she looked at him. "How is he?"

Gwen and Sorina were relieved to have their husbands back in one piece. After giving Kamea a welcome home kiss that he was likely never to forget, she pulled back and looked at him. "So, you missed quite the show. After Andrew kept Logan from getting on the jet with you all, Logan attacked Andrew and injured him. Thankfully it wasn't bad and Sabella was able to heal him, but ever since then the two of them have been getting into shouting matches like you've never seen. Kylie had to step in at one point to keep them from killing each other. Oh, and Jayden is refusing to speak to Zoe."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun May 20, 2018 8:41 pm

Forge was making a few adjustments to the arm. With Azari they had to simply keep him monitored. Seeing Lani rush down made him feel bad for her. "Now, normally i would say he would keep himself getting hurt when he was a child..." He made an adjustment on a wire and looked to Lani. "But i'd be lieing..was lucky to have him wish he'd stop trying to get himself killed.' Forge said.

"your brothers saved his life. he would have drowned if it weren't for them." Forge said having been told of what happened with the crash. He got up and looked to his monitor. "Other than that we think he has a concussion. Maybe a bruised rib. With that head wound though we're going ot have watch him carefully for any odd behavior. Which i think you'd make a better judge." Forge said looking to Lani.

Kamea was a bit stunned reeling from Gwens kiss. And thats why he'd never stray from her. he heard Gwens story about Logan and Andrew and had a feeling he knew how it would turn out. However, he didnt think Logan would actually hurt Andrew. "Oh..joy. its not like those two families havent been at each others throats." Kamea said knowing hte history between Logan and Andrew stemmed from Kylie.

"So Zoe and Jayden aren't talking to each other at all? so even though me and Kai risked our necks we still might have to deal with Jayden? James isn't going to take his side on this one either." He said. Kamea wanted nothing to do with any drama. He had his own family to look after.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun May 20, 2018 8:49 pm

Lani knew she owed her brothers big time for this, but she also knew that if they hadn't been there then Azari would likely be dead right now. She slowly sat down on the cot beside him and picked up his hand and held it against her face for a moment. She then slowly put his hand back down, though she didn't take her eyes off his face.

"We got married."

Wes began to fuss a little and she walked over and picked him up from his crib to try and get him to fall back asleep. "And Zoe's acting really strange. I...I can't place my finger on what it might be, but she's not acting like herself and this started before Jayden stopped talking to her so it's not him. I tried to talk to her, but she brushed it off and told me everything's fine."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun May 20, 2018 9:01 pm

Forge resumed his work on his sons arm when Lani dropped that little bombshell. Well that kind of hurt that they got married behind everyones backs. "When did this happen?" He asked not letting his emotions get the better of him. He felt they were a bit young for that but they were smarter beyond their years. So there had to be a reason, "what brought this about."

Kamea heard Wes but Gwen went to him first. He knew he had been gone for a couple of days but it felt so much longer. He raised an eyebrow when Gwen brought Zoe up about acting strange. "Hmm..sounds like somethings up. I can talk to her if you want." He said. When Gwen looked to him he gave a shrug, "I've been around James for a long time and his dad has looked after me. I know how things work with that family. 'my problem is my problem and i'll deal with it'" He said with a smile.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun May 20, 2018 9:16 pm

Lani sighed and closed her eyes for a moment before turning and looking at her father-in-law. "It happened a few weeks ago. I guess we just knew that it was going to happen and we didn't know what was going to happen with Jasmine, or how long it might take to find her. Everyone was on edge and we didn't feel that announcing an engagement or inviting people to attend a wedding ceremony was...appropriate given the situation. We also didn't want to take away from Sorina and Gwen and their children. We were going to tell everyone when the moment was right, but it never came up. We didn't want to hurt anyone."

Gwen saw that Kamea was looking at Wes and as he calmed down she slowly walked over and transferred him into his arms. She loved watching Kamea hold their son. The way he looked at him warmed her heart. Wes was already growing so much. "You can try and talk to her if you want. I don't think it is going to do much good."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun May 20, 2018 9:42 pm

Forge turned and faced Lani, his new daughter in law, and listned to her reasoning. "I understand the reasoning. Think it could have waited personally.." He sighed. "What a mess. Okay i know my wife..well your mother in law now will be upset by this. I can't speak for your parents but i know your dad will be upset." He said knowing that Kimo would have liked to walk his daughter down the aisle. He tapped his chin a few times, "but you're adults and we'll respect your decision." Forge said.

Kamea smiled taking up his son. "Thanks." He said missing his child greatly. He clicked his tongue at Wes as he fussed a little. "it's okay, go on back to sleep." He said slowly rocking him. He loked to Gwen and gave a shrug. "Gotta try something ya know? Jasmine will need good vibes when she wakes up." He said. He kissed the top of Wes' head, "Think i'll go talk to her real quick." he said carefully handing Wes back to Gwen.

"Sooner i try the sooner i can wash my hands of it right?" Kamea said with a smile. He would then go looking for Zoe to have a word since James was obivously not up for a conversation

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun May 20, 2018 9:53 pm

Lani sighed a little, hating that her new father-in-law was already upset with her. However, she and Azari had anticipated this and they had not regretted their decision. As Forge had pointed out they were adults and their decisions were their own to make regarding their lives together. At least now it was out...at least partially. She would deal with telling her parents later. For now, she just wanted to spend some time with Azari.

Zoe was staying in a guest room. She had tried talking to Jayden, but he was acting like a child and was refusing to speak to her. She couldn't believe this was happening...now of all times. She had been so close to telling him, but now...now she wasn't sure she wanted him to know. She didn't know what was happening between them now and she was scared. Now that Jasmine was back she knew that his attention would be solely on her...again. She loved Jasmine, she was her sister-in-law after all, but she hated competing with her for Jayden's attention.

She wiped away a few tears from her eyes and grabbed a bag. She needed to get out of the mansion. She needed to go home. She needed her mother...someone who would be able to help her and tell her what to do.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun May 20, 2018 10:05 pm

Forge was a little disapointed that thye missed out on their sons wedding. It was their only child afterall. He was about to go back to work on the arm, "Of course i wont breath a word of this. If you had planned this out than you must have planned out a time to tell us." He said. He placed his tools on the counter and got up. "I"ll take my leave, figured you'd want to spend time with your husband." He teased trying to lighten the mood as he headed out.

Kamea had asked around and found that Zoe was living in a separate room. which was a red flag. So he walked to her room and knocked a few times. "Yo its Kamea lemme in." He said resting against the door frame.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun May 20, 2018 10:10 pm

Zoe was in the middle of packing when she heard a knock at the door. For a moment she thought it might be Jayden, but was let down when she heard Kamea's voice. She fought back a few more tears before walking over and opening up the door. Zoe didn't look like she had slept well in a while. She was pale with dark circles under her eyes and her hair needed to be washed. She looked at Kamea slightly.

"What do you want?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun May 20, 2018 10:18 pm

Kamea had looked at deaths face and she wore a black one piece he felt he could handle whatever issue Zoe was going through. Still he felt bad forh er when she opened the door and he saw what state she was in. "To talk..Gwen said Jaydens being a dick and i wanted to check up on you. James would be here if he wasn't messed up. Can i come in?" Kamea asked avoiding looking past her to snoop

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun May 20, 2018 10:27 pm

Zoe sighed, but she did not open up the door any further to let him in. However, Kamea would be able to see the bag Zoe was packing. From the way it looked she wasn’t coming back anytime soon.

“Listen, I appreciate your concern, but it doesn’t matter anymore. I’m leaving...going back to my parent’s house. I...I can’t deal with this anymore.”

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun May 20, 2018 10:34 pm

Kamea caught it the bag in the corner of his eye and heard Zoe out. His shoulder slumped when she said she wanted to go home. Wasn't a bad thing maybe they needed to step away. "Listen i'm not going to stop you sometimes a brek helps out in a relationship..but this cant just be Jayden's moaning and groaning." He said.

"Zoe..whats the harm in talkin. Like no one in your family except your mom talks."

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Mon May 21, 2018 9:57 am

Zoe sighed, beginning to feel frustrated. She knew that both Kamea and Gwen meant well, but she didn't feel like talking to them.

"Listen, I am going to talk to someone...my mother, but I'm not going to talk to anyone else. I...I just need to talk to her."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum