New X-Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rescue

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Rescue Empty The Rescue

Post by Black Widow Sun May 13, 2018 8:36 pm

Even though the Blackbird was a fast jet, the flight was long. Everyone mostly kept quiet and to themselves during the long hours. Everyone understood the gravity of the situation. Jasmine meant a lot to everyone at the mansion. She had been dealt an almost impossible hand when she was born with these powers. It was hard enough being a mutant...but being one with powers like hers made any sort of relatively normal life non existent. 'Had Matt really known what he was getting into when he fell in love with her?' Mariah thought as she glanced back at him. If he hadn't then, he sure did now. Jasmine, more than most, deserved love, understanding, and patience and she had found that in Matt. Mariah hoped that this day would just be a small bump in their story...and not the ending.

Mariah felt her phone vibrating and she looked down to see Commander Maria Hill from SHIELD was calling. She got up and walked to a more private area and answered the call.

"Mariah speaking."

"Mariah, it's Hill. We just got word that something is happening at a laboratory in Latvia. The reports indicated that a female, dark haired, very powerful mutant was involved. We believe it's Jasmine."

Mariah quickly nodded. "Thank you Hill. We will deal with it. Do not send any SHIELD agents."

She then hung up and walked over to Steve and Sam and informed them of what Commander Hill had just told her. "If she's doing something like this then Doom must have gotten into her head."

Black Widow
Admin

https://new-x-men.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Rescue Empty Re: The Rescue

Post by VoltKimo Mon May 14, 2018 9:03 pm

The occupants had a great deal of time on their hands. Azari kept himself busy by placing the jet on autopilot and doing diagnostic work. He kept his parents up to date on their progress advising smooth flying.

Matt had gone ahead and changed into a uniform doing his best to adjust to the new material. His mind was filled with worry and concern for Jasmine. He knew what he had signed up for with Jasmine and despite everything he was more determined to protect her and give her love that she deserved. He would bring his wife home to their children.

Steve and Sam kept a straight face when Mariah broke the news but Kai could sense the dread increase. Like those two he kept his mouth shut and closed his eyes reflecting on how best to handle Jasmine. "Alright, we knew this would be a possible outcome." Steve said in a hushed tone. "Depending on how we come across her, we can use Matt as diversion and catch her off guard and try to sedate her. An upfront battle i dont think would go well in our favor." Steve said.

"If she's far gone having a civilian step up to her might not work either." Sam said looking between Mariah and Steve.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Mon May 14, 2018 9:20 pm

Mariah sighed and glanced at Matt. While she didn't know Matt that well, she knew that he loved Jasmine and she loved him. She had seen Jasmine calm down and relax, just by having him near. She could only hope that today would be the same.

"I think that Matt is our best option," she told Sam honestly. "He is able to calm her and keep her calm like no one else can. If Matt can't calm her then well..."

She didn't want to answer that question because she knew that if Jasmine wasn't in her right mind and Matt couldn't help her then no one could and it was very likely that none of them would be making it home. She sighed and walked over to Azari and handed him the coordinates Hill had given her.

"We need to go here."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Mon May 14, 2018 9:43 pm

Matt leaned his head back against the seat. "She'll be alright." Kai said looking at him when Mariah stopped from saying they'd end Jasmine. He had been focusing on that conversation but believed Mariah when she said that Matt was their best option. "It will be a struggle but ocne she sees you she'll hesitate and question." Kai said feeling the jet shift. Matt looked to the younger mutant. He didnt know too much about that family with Kai and Kamea. He knew that Jodie liked Kamea bit as he often teased her uncle at sports games

But something about Kai was a bit unsettling and yet calming and he felt emboldened by his words. He gave a nod feeling better about the situation. Kai was influencing Matt a bit but figured it was fair to do given what they were about to come against.

Azari looked to Mariah and read the coordinates. "I'll make the adjustments." he said already making minute changes. He knew should the worse come to pass their chances would close to nil. Even with Andrew with them they still had little chance of success. "If Jasmine does attack us Kai has the best chance to weathering her blows but he wont last long." He said. He went quiet a moment.

"Those that have family back home should prep a note." Azari said.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Mon May 14, 2018 9:57 pm

OOC-So I have this idea in my head that basically Jayden doesn't talk to Zoe for a while, but doesn't realize she's pregnant until he finds a book about pregnancy hidden in the room she's been staying in.

IC-The entire jet went silent at that. Mariah looked over and saw Matt, Kai, and Kamea. All of them were fathers...some brand new fathers. Kai and Kamea should have been at home with their wives and children...not out here risking their lives on a mission that might turn out to be a suicide mission. She suddenly hated herself for making them come. She could see them struggling to keep a straight face, but the intense sadness she felt was overwhelming. She slowly walked over to James and motioned for him to join her somewhere private. She was quiet a moment before she looked at him.

"James...if things go bad I want you to promise me that you will get everyone out. I...I will engage her and allow you all time to get away. Then...you don't come back."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Mon May 14, 2018 10:17 pm

OOC: Oh down for that, yeah that'll get Jayden to get the hell over it. Would Zoe come back home for a bit cuz i can see Jayden being distant for a while

IC:

Azari had already made a message for Lani where he was completely open about his chances of returning home. How much he loved her and how he wished he had been more truthful with his feelings earlier. Kamea's head was down as he thought of Gwen and his son Wes. He knew that if Jasmine wasn't on the level their chances of survival were close to nothing. This would become a one way trip. He felt something jab his shoulder and he looked to his brother knowing he knew what he was feeling.

It wasnt fair for them to be here, it wasnt fair to risk their lives and leave their families. Kamea spoke in haiwaiin which surprised Kai as he had thought his brother had forgotten. 'it's not fair to you, you're not an X-man' Kamea said. Kai smiled and gave a nod.

'I dont think i'd be a man at all if there was something i could do and i sat back and did nothing' He replied smiling at his younger brother. "We'll bring her home safely." Kai said refusing to give in even if Jasmine was lost to her darkness. He would help Matt pull her free no matter what.

Steve thought of Old Andrew and his warnings about Jasmine. He wasn't sure if they would be able to take care of Jasmine. He looked over to Matt, he really is our best bet for this to work he thought. Matt was the only variable that wasnt present in that timeline.

James loked to Mariah and gave a nod. He looked to his mother and smiled at her before joining Mariah. He crossed his arms having doubts that there was good news ahead of them. When Mariah began to say if things would go bad he started shaking his head. "Hell to that.." He simply said. "if jasmine, and i mean If, isn't with us anymore you wont last a second. I've seen her loss it a on a small scale, super soldier or not Mariah this is it." He said.

He took a breath revealing he knew this was a suicide mission. "There's no going back home for us if she's gone. So no heroics here." James said with a smile. Azari's voice came over the intercom.

"We'll be there within the hour. I'm switching on the stealth for the jet, i'll try and get us as close as possible." He said looking out over the forests below them.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Mon May 14, 2018 10:40 pm

OOC-Yeah, that is exactly what I was thinking. She tries for a while, but then just gives up and goes back to her parent's house without telling him.

IC-Mariah opened up her mouth to argue with James about this, but she could see it was pointless. She was angry at herself and suddenly James would see tears come to her eyes as she looked away.

"I shouldn't have made them come," she said speaking about Kai and Kamea. "I shouldn't have allowed Azari to come. Matt is our best chance, but he also have two children at home who need him. I don't care if I die...but having the blood of those that I care about on my hands..."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue May 15, 2018 8:40 pm

James saw the tears and had a feeling this mission weighed on her more heavily than she let on. He thought of Kai and Kamea and knew this wasn't exactly their first choice. Being new fathers and seperating them from their children had to be hard enough but to go on a mission they might not return. But he knew their chances of survival were higher the more people they had.

"Kai and Azari would make the same choice..Kamea would be conflicted but i'm confident he would have chosen to come along with too." James said. He looked to Mariah when she mentioned she didnt care if she died but she didnt want ot live with others blood on her hands. "Mariah.." He wrapped his arms around her. He wanted to tell her it would be alright but he didnt coudln't bring himself to make an empty promise like that. It was her line of duty that her decisions would lead to the loss of people. But this was family and it would hurt all the more.

"We'll make this through alright? One way or another." James said trying to be her rock.

The coordinates were coming up and with the stealth systems in place Azari was confident they'd be able to do a quick landing. What he hadn't taken into consideration were the emotions running wild in the jet along with Matt who's mind was solely focused on finding Jasmine.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue May 15, 2018 9:20 pm

Mariah allowed James to pull her into his arms. She felt loved within those arms and she melted against him. She always had to be the strong one, but she was just as vulnerable as anyone else. Before, when she hadn't known that Steve was her father and she hadn't been in love with James, she hadn't cared about anything and nothing to lose. But now...now she had so much to care for and everything to lose. It was a painful tradeoff.

"If anything happens James, I want you to know how much I love you. I love you so much. You make me stronger and a better person. My life would not be the same without you."

Jasmine and her team had been successful in locating the scientist. At first, security officers had tried to stop her, but she had quickly and easily handled them. One look and they had gone flying into walls and doors. She had caused the entire building to shake. Windows had blown out and floors had warped under her power. People had fled screaming. The scientist was gagged and bound and they were leading him out of the building when suddenly a strong feeling overcame her. The feelings were so intense that she nearly doubled over and she clutched her head as she felt they would tear her apart. She knew who was coming...it was them. Doom had convinced her that they were not her family and they did not care about her. They wanted to lock her away...they were scared and jealous of her powers.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue May 15, 2018 9:37 pm

James felt Mariah give herself over and he kept hold of her. He knew that she was normally the strong one but he knew she had a vulnerable side that needed someone. It took him a while but he knew he had to be that love to support her. "I love you too Mariah. I'm not sure where i'd be right now if you weren't there for me when i needed help." James said holding her.

Kamea took a breaths and looked over to Azari, "Please tell me you have taken more flying lessons." He asked. Azari made a adjustments and slowed on the throttle seeing their landing up ahead.

"I've completed my course, i assure you we will land safely. It will be like landing on a pillow." Azari said seeing a good landing spot for them.

James looked towards the front of the jet and tightened his hug on Mariah. "Alright, we should get back. We'll land, we'll save Jasmine and we'll head home. easy." He said with a confident smile. Even if he didnt believe it he would join Kai and pump everyone up with that hope.

Some distance away the Blackbird began to make its descent. The only indication of its existence would be the movement of the trees being blown from side to side from the jets as it neared an open area.

OOC: Figure Jasmine could pinpoint where it is and cause damage to the jet. Azari would keep it stable for everyone to rappel except for Matt and James

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue May 15, 2018 9:50 pm

Alex stepped over to one of the windows as the jet began to make it's landing and she spotted the unmistakable form of Jasmine. She was dressed in a black one piece suit and boots and quite honestly looked terrifying. Alex knew that the jet was in stealth mode, but Jasmine was looking right at them.

"Uh guys...she knows we're here."

Mariah kissed James before quickly walking over to take a look out the window. Jasmine focused on the jet and outstretched one arm towards it. The jet began to sway and bounce and suddenly all of the indicator lights came on and alarms began to sound. The metal popped and groaned and cracked and the nose of the jet suddenly titled forward. She was going to bring down the jet!

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue May 15, 2018 9:58 pm

Kames worst fears came to light as the jet shook and buckled under Jasmine's influence. Kai closed his eyes and concentrated trying to force the wind to keep them balanced. But it was far easier to bring something down that wasn't natural at flight. Azari began to input commands slamming the forward thrusters at full maximum realizing what she was trying to do. "Not my fault." Azari said over the alarms. He knew he had to set the jet down quickly or at least get everyone off of it while he fought Jasmine for control.

He reached above him and hit the emergency buttons and the door leading outside was jettisoned. The thrusters kicked on and kept them from noseplanting into the ground. "Quick get out while i keep her steady." Azari said as more alarms went off indicating hull intregity damage. Steve pulled his belt off and rushed to the exit. He quickly lashed the ropes to the top of the roof and ushered the others on. James helped his mother out and noticed Matt was struggling with his seat. Kai slid down first in an attempt to distract Jasmine.

He focused on the winds above and directed them at her hoping the gusts would get her attention. Kamea looked to Azari, "You coming?"

"Yeah in a bit, have to keep her level. get going i'm right behind you." Azari said. Kamea turned and joined the others disembarking. James busied himself helping Matt and loked over to Mariah.

"Right behind you, the others need you a bit more right now." He said with a smile pulling on the belt.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue May 15, 2018 10:11 pm

Alex struggled to keep her balance as the jet tipped forward. She grabbed onto a seat to keep herself from falling. The alarms were deafening and she felt genuine fear come over her. She suddenly wished that Andrew was there with her. But he wasn't so she needed to remain calm and do what needed to be done. She couldn't let fear get the best of her. She grabbed her bag full of the sedative and syringes and slung it across her body. She then began to move over to the emergency exit where Steve was ushering everyone out. She felt James take hold of one of her hands to help her out. She landed on the ground and could see Jasmine about 30 yards away.

Mariah was with Steve helping the others disembark. Sam exited and then she looked over to see James and Matt. Matt's buckle had gotten stuck and James was helping him. She hesitated to leave him behind, but she had to hope that he would be alright. Her eyes met his for a moment before she disembarked with Steve behind her.

Jasmine felt the suddenly gusts of wind and she was nearly knocked off her feet, but she held steady. She had one hand outstretched towards the jet, but then suddenly she stretched the other one towards them. Suddenly, the gusts of wind were thrown back in their direction with much more force than had hit her.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue May 15, 2018 10:26 pm

James looked to Mariah and despite the oh so present fear of death gripping him he gave her a smile. When she turend to leave he went back to trying to open Matts damn seat. Kai was a bit worried that his attack just made Jasmine tumble a bit but it did give the others time to disembark. He then grew concerned when she raised a hand at them forcing the wind back at them. He kneeled down quickly and shoved his hands onto the ground. He lifted up a wall made of earth and stone to shield them.

"Kamea help!" Kai called out knowing he'd need some supports. Kamea looked to his brother and took a deep breath and blew out frigid air. It crystalled into thick ice pillars that held the wall in place as the wind struck shielding them. The wind however caught the ropes they were using the rappel down and swung them up. One of them got sucked into one of the thrusters and caused an small explosion.

Inside the jet rocked violently and began to spin from the sudden imbalance just as James freed Matt. Azari tried to compensate and the Blackbird began to fly off out of control. "Bail out!" Azari yelled trying to regain control of the jet as they were flying away from the others. James grabbed a parachute and Matt.

"Come on Azari." Matt called waiting for him.

"I'm right behind you just get out of the jet!" Azari said trying to level the ship so it would stop spinning. Matt's surivaal would increase the chances of everyone making it out alive and he knew this. So while Azari tried to correct a course James and Matt did their best to reach the door without being thrown all over the place

For those on the ground the Blackbird had spun away but was slowly correcting itself as another explosion racked its side. Out of the smoke they saw a parachute suddenly appear as james and Matt just simply leapt out not too far from the others. The blackbird continued to fly obviously heading towards a ravine. Per protocal an emergency message was sent back to base indicating that the jet had been damaged.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue May 15, 2018 10:40 pm

Ororo and Forge were sitting down in the subbasement waiting for any indication from the team that they were alright. Ororo was pacing chewing her finger nails as anxiety threatened to overtake her. Many of those that she cared deeply about were on that jet and no one knew what to expect. Her feelings about Jasmine were mixed. She loved her and believed she had been dealt an impossible hand in life, but Azari was her only child and his life was in danger trying to rescue her. Suddenly, a loud beeping interrupted the silence and echoed throughout the room. She looked at the control panel and saw the jet had been damaged. She looked at her husband and hit a new button on the panel.

"I'm going to get them."

Suddenly, the floor vibrated and a slot in the floor opened up. Out of the darkness rose up a sleek, black jet. This one was larger than the Blackbird and far more advanced. It was something that Forge had been working on in secret. They had not revealed it to everyone...at least not yet.

Jasmine began to focus again on the jet. Sam suddenly spread his wings and flew towards her. She smirked at him and simply waved her fingers ever so slightly and he flew into a tree. Mariah glanced at the others. "Ok...that didn't work...any other thoughts?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Wed May 16, 2018 7:10 pm

Forge looked to the alert and tried to pinpoint the damage. There was damage all over the craft and severfal thrusters were offline. He tried to get a message to Azari when Ororo activated their secret project. "Not exactly the way i wanted to unveil it. Someone should go with you." Forge said.

Kamea winced seeing Sam get smashed into a tree. "Uh..Kai?" He asked looking to his brother mainting the wall of stone and ice. Kamea moved a hand to the side and concnetrated. The ground began to crack and split as he had the earth lift up to attack Jasmine as a giant hand. Kai struggled with this as stone was difficult and stubborn to 'ask for help' but he had to keep Jasmine's attention away from the jet. He had hope Azari would be able to land the thing still.

James and Matt were still falling quickly at an angle even through the trees. Matt did his best to shield James as he was able to weather the blows as they neared the ground. Thye struck a heavy branch snapping the cable connecting them and James fell from the parachute striking the tree back first and collapsed to teh ground. Matt landed not too far from him groaning a bit. Unsure if Azari jumped after them he got up knowing he had to get to Jasmine.

Azari struggled with the controls feeling more damage cripple her. He could see the ravine coming up and did his best to angle the BLackbird to fly along it. Another thrust er went out and the jet clipped the ground before falling into the ravine. The side of the crashed into the side of the cliff face throwing Azari into the control hitting his head rather hard. The jet conitnued to plummet until it plummeted into the river below out of sight. Before Azari blacked out he thought of Lani knowing what his chances were. I'm sorry Leilani he thought as the darkness took him.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Wed May 16, 2018 7:23 pm

OOC-Ok...so how are we going to get Azari out of this?

IC-Ororo was beginning the pre-flight checks when she heard her husband suggest that someone should go with her. She looked at him slightly.

"Well, Jayden and Logan are out for obvious reasons. Sabella needs to stay here to keep Logan calm and Zoe needs to do likewise for Jayden. Gwen and Sorina both just gave birth so that leaves either you or Lani."

Jasmine felt the jet get further away and then could sense it crash. For some odd reason a strange feeling came over her...a feeling of dread and remorse. She quickly pushed those feelings away and looked at the group. She recognized them all, but the feeling of warmth and happiness she had once felt when she was around them had been replaced by anger.

"Leave now and I will spare your lives. I will only give you once chance. Choose not to take it and I will kill you all."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Wed May 16, 2018 7:58 pm

OOC: Kai and Kamea would go looking for Azari once Matthew helps with Jasmine. Figured it would build a bond between them and Kamea would accept him as a brother. Not gonna kill Azari or anything like that

IC:

Forge knew that Lani was to help with her niece and nephew. He was worried about their son as well and thought of leaving the mansion. "we'll send a message to Lani and Sabella on the way." He said stepping away from the console to join Ororo on the jet. "Besides you're going to need me to show you what this thing can do." He said letting her pilot.

Kai peeked out from behind the shield and would have sent the rock fist at Jasmine when she spoke up. Kamea looked to his brother, "is she close enough for us to try and tranq her?" He whispered. Kai wathced Jasmine closely guarding his mind to the best of his ability.

"Bit of a distance, and seeing how she can throw you around with a thought id say running full force is out." Kai said. But he did sense sadness coming from her when the jet disappeared. Are you in conflict Jasmine he thought.
"You struck first Jasmine." Kai all of a sudden yelled over the shield. "We only want to talk." He said trying to buy time for Matt and james to join the group.

Meanwhile Matt was stumbling through the trees knowing he had a job to do. Haven't been unable to locate James and Azari he had to hurry to help the others. He figured they would be alright. He was nearing the clearing thinking he heard yelling up ahead and continued his quickened pace.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Wed May 16, 2018 8:09 pm

OOC-Ok, so maybe the jet doesn't sink completely into the river then. Maybe it catches on some rocks to keep Azari above water so he won't drown.

IC-Alex looked at Kai and Kamea and lowered her voice. "I have a tranq gun, but she's too far away still for me to sedate her. The only thing we can hope for is that Matt will somehow reach her because I don't think we're going to." She felt ill as she wondered what Doom had done to her to cause her to attack those she loved and cared about. Stories Old Andrew had told her from his reality echoed in her head. They couldn't allow that future to come to pass. They had to save Jasmine...for the world's sake.

She heard footsteps approaching and looked over to see Matt. She didn't see James and fear struck her heart. She could only hope he was delayed and not injured. She unfortunately couldn't go to find him. They needed to take care of Jasmine first.

"Matt...she's not in her right mind. You need to be careful, but try to get through to her. You're our best chance."

Jasmine looked over as Matt appeared. A strong feeling came over her that nearly knocked her off her feet. Doom had told her that he didn't really love her...that he was just trying to gain her complete trust so he could use her...just like the others.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Wed May 16, 2018 9:05 pm

OOC: oh right jets busted up. okay jet gets caught up Smile

IC:

Steve made a move to assist Sam as Matt joined the others. He had a slight limp to his walk but he seemed steady enough. His heart froze seeing Jasmine, all the worry and time apart was nearly overwhelming. He heard Alex and knew the risks but he was going to go to his wife. He gave a nod and just started walking. He didnt know what Doom had put Jasmine through this whole time but he was certain he would make him pay. But for now all his thoughts were on his wife.

He started walking towards her passing by Kai and Kamae's barrier as he did so. He ignored the pain in his left leg as he walked toward her feeling guilt and blame for letting her be kidnapped. He kept his eyes on hers sadness and love reflecting in his own. "Jasmine..i'm sorry i took so long to find you." Matt said as he approached

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Wed May 16, 2018 9:32 pm

Jasmine hesitated as Matt began to walk towards her. There was a current of thoughts, memories, and emotions bubbling just below the barrier Doom had created in her mind. His words about her family and friends swirled around in her mind. Could he have lied? No...he made her stronger. Everyone else just wanted to keep her hidden away. The momentary relaxation of her body vanished and her eyes narrowed dangerously at Matt.

"Stay away from me."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Wed May 16, 2018 9:49 pm

Matt stopped when Jasmine told him to stay away. It hurt to hear her say thos words but he knew it was because of Doom. He knew she could hurt him easily. But it was something he knew she could have done right from the start. "I'm not leaving Jasmine. i'm going to help you, i swore i would protect you." He said stepping towards her. Just sadness and love emanated from him but he wasn't afraid of her, he was never afraid of her. She was the mother to both of his children, she made him whole again.

"Jasmine, it's me Matt. please come home with me." he said holding his hand out to her his ring in clear view.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Wed May 16, 2018 10:07 pm

Jasmine began to visibly tremble. She was ready to hurt him, but something inside of her screamed at her to stop. She didn't want to hurt him, but she didn't want him any closer. As he stepped towards her again she began to push him back with her mind. However, just under the surface there was a battle happening...Doom's voice against the memories of those she loved and cared about. Her eyes caught sight of the wedding band on his left hand and memories of their wedding day burst forth in her mind. It had been a beautiful, bright sunny day. The ceremony had taken place outside at the mansion...her home. All of her friends and family had been there supporting her. Jodie had been the flower girl and she now had a son...Xavier, named after the man that had been like her grandfather. She missed her son...Jodie...and Matt, her husband...the man who had shown her true love and kindness. He was patient and caring with her and protected and supported her no matter what. She loved him more than words could ever express.

Tears began to stream down her cheeks and she felt like her mind was going to tear itself apart. But suddenly everything else that Doom had tried to hide deep away within her burst out. Jasmine cried out as her powers surged and the world around them was rocked. Alex saw Matt rush towards Jasmine and she ran behind him. She had the sedative ready to go and as Matt held her she managed to get the needle into her arm. Several seconds later Jasmine's eyes closed and she collapsed into her husband's arms.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Wed May 16, 2018 10:22 pm

Matt watched Jasmine and felt his heart break seeing her struggle through this. Whatever Doom had done certainl had taken a toll on Jasmine. He would spend as much time as he could to mend her wounds. When she called out and her power raged he ignore the obvious danger and rushed to wrap his arms around her. He wanted to hide her away from the world so she would never have anythying to fear ever again. He saw Alex and watched her inject Jasmine tears running down his face.

"I have you jasmine, i swear i wont let go." Matt said holding her closely as her eyes closed. He kneeled down and just held her.

Kamea and Kai slowly looked out from behind the barrier as Alex had rushed out. Not wanting to call attention to them they didnt try to stop her. But seeing nobody was screaming in pain anymore it looked like they were in the clear. "God this mission sucked.." Kamea breathed out. Kai released his control and just left the barrier and the rock fist where they were. wasn't like they were going anywhere anyway.

Kai looked back to the others and noticed James and Azari hadn't arrived. He looked to Kamea and called out. "james? Azari?" He looked to the forest behind them. The smoke in the distance sent a chill up his spine.

"They got out of the jet..they had to have." Kamea said. But he had only seen the one parachute. Steve noticed tehy were down a few people and helped Sam sit up.

"Go on ahead and look for the others. we'll secure the rea and we'll have to await a rescue." Steve said looking to Mariah. Seeing that jasmine was neutralized Kai and Kamea began to move into the forest. Seeing James was also missing they figured Mariah would be close by. Following the trail Matt left behind they found James face down very still. It didnt look good but he was still alive having strucking the tree very hard taking the air out of his legs and then the fall knocked him out cold as he landed awkwardly.

"keep looking for Azari." Kai said to his brother hoping he was nearby.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Wed May 16, 2018 10:37 pm

Jasmine's body relaxed in Matt's arms as the sedative fully took hold. Alex took a quick check of her pulse and desperately wished she had more medical supplies. "Her heart rate is way up. The sedative should help that, but just stay with her Matt. I think more than anything just having you near her is going to help the most." She didn't want to guarantee that she was going to be alright. She could make no such promises. It was clear that Doom had done significant damage to her mind. She could only hope that time and love would repair that damage.

Mariah was relieved when it was clear that Jasmine was fully under sedation. She relaxed a little and in-cocked her gun. She had been prepared to use it, but was glad she didn't have to. It was then that she realized that James wasn't with them...and neither was Azari. They had bailed out of the jet with Matt, right? Looking over she spotted ominous black smoke and her heart froze. She immediately followed after Kai and Kamea, using the trail that Matt had cut through the woods. Suddenly she spotted James laying face down and very still. She ran over and slid down beside him. She turned him over and nearly cried when she saw he was still breathing. She lightly touched his face.

"James...James...wake up."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum