New X-Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mariah's Recovery

2 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Mariah's Recovery - Page 3 Empty Re: Mariah's Recovery

Post by Black Widow Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:51 pm

Mariah was interested in the box of her mother's personal effects that Steve still had. She wanted to see it and to get to know her mother even more. She had never seen Steve show any interest in any other women, though he often had to have dates for social events. She had never seen her father truly happy and she knew that she would feel the same way if she lost James.

"If she hadn't been married...would you have married her?"

Black Widow
Admin

https://new-x-men.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:58 pm

Steve nodded immediately sitting up as Mariah asked him about marriage. "Yeah, no doubt in my mind." he said. Though he knew Fury would have opposed this as well, ultimately it wouldn't have worked. If Eve were single there wouldn't be a PR nightmare and Steve's reputation wouldn't have threatened. "I was pretty old fashioned at that time, being with a married woman made me question a few things about myself. There hasnt' been a day where i haven't regretted my choices when it came to Eve..i should have walked away from all of this. You should have had your mother."

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:04 pm

Mariah thought about what her life might have been like if her mother had been single and Steve had married her and walked away from SHIELD and the Avengers. She doubted she would have met James and she probably wouldn't be an Avenger herself. There was no sense in dwelling on what might have been. Things were what they were and she and Steve would get through it somehow.

"I heard you retired. What are you going to do now?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:12 pm

Steve hadn't thought of what he was going to do now that he was retired and a thought of Eve. He swore he heard Eve's voice ask him that very same question. He still had no friggin clue how he was going to pull it off. He thought of the day at the diner...

Eve nodded and smiled when Steve suggested that they grab something to eat. She was rather hungry at that point and the thought of just sitting down, at least, trying to relax, sounded wonderful to her. Of course she took her handgun with her, just as a precaution. They found a little diner a few blocks down the street and were shown to a small booth.

After they both ordered she looked across the table at him.

"So, if you had the opportunity to give this all up and walk away and retire for good, would you?"

He looked to Eve and thought about his future not sure what he wanted to do. "You know i'm not too sure if I would. At least not any time soon I mean. Wouldn't mind settling down on a nice farm somewhere later on in my years." He said.

Back in the present Steve slowly smiled, "Maybe i'll leave the city to the countryside..had a dumb idea of settling on a farm when i was younger and i think your mother would laugh about it."

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:17 pm

Mariah thought about her father in the country and found she could actually picture it. He deserved some peace and quiet now. He had served this world long enough and had sacrificed too much for it and received little in return. It was time for him to focus on himself now and relax. The world would continue to spin without Captain America.

"The team isn't going to be the same without you. But you deserve to find some happiness in this world again."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:25 pm

Steve looked to the ground thinking of his own happiness but wasn't srue if he would find it. "I know..which is why i need to make sure you're back up and running. I trust Sam wholeheartedly but i'd feel better if you had his back in support." He said with a smile at Mariah. Yeah he danced around the topic of his happiness, he wasn't used to looking out for himself and knew it would be a hurdle. He looked about the room, "I assume you were told there weren't going to be any charges? almost took Fury's head off."

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:34 pm

Mariah gave a little nod when Steve asked her if she knew there weren't going to be any charges. "Yeah, I know. Sam and I talked and...we're good," she said simply, not wanting to think about that night again. "Dr. Weston says I've had a breakdown, but I'm getting better. I guess I didn't handle losing the baby as well as I thought I had."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:50 pm

Steve nodded glad that Sam and Marih were good again. he didnt think he would hold anything against Mariah. Hearing that Mariah had a breakdown wasn't too much of a surprise. From what Alex had mentioned in the past both Mariah and James weren't really talking about the event. "I can understand that. At least you're getting the help you need now." He said smiling at Mariah

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:56 pm

OOC-Do we want to move on from here? If you are willing to jump ahead a little we could jump to after Mariah has been released and do something fun and easy with Steve buying the farm and meeting Kate. Did we want them to have met each other before at SHIELD, or for them to not have met before?

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:07 pm

OOC: We could certainly do that, i think we should have them meet for the first time at the farm. Think it would be a bit cuter, Mariah could help give him a nudge maybe

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:27 pm

OOC-New thread

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content