New X-Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mariah's Recovery

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mariah's Recovery - Page 2 Empty Re: Mariah's Recovery

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:09 pm

Alex was glad that Andrew was going to talk to Steve. If nothing else, she planned on inviting Steve over a lot more for dinner. "I talked to James a little while ago and he said that he got Mariah to eat most of her food and she fell asleep without needing any sleeping pills so that's something. I'll take any little progress she makes."

She was quiet a moment before deciding to go back to the Steve affair issue. "This whole Steve having an affair issue has really rattled you, hasn't it?" She became quiet again before finally speaking again. "Does it have anything to do with the Tony incident?"

Black Widow
Admin

https://new-x-men.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:28 pm

Andrew nodded glad that Mariah was becoming a bit more lively and responding to James. "Wish the boy was there with at the beginning..but thats life i suppose. He'll help her get through this." He said. When Alex asked how Steve's affair messed with him he couldn't help but nod slowly. "Just..when i was young Steve was a symbol that there was some good in the world. That there was at least one person who was a paragon." He said.

"I dont blame him, life isn't black and white. Just hard to see past Captain America and see Steve as just a human. A very strong human." he said. He thought of Tony and to his credit he didn't feel a surge of rage. "I mean i could be upset but what would the point be..it happened a long time ago and the pain Steve must have been going through makes my problem look minuscule." he said looking to Alex. He kissed the top of her head. "just makes me think that Eve must have ben a very special woman."

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:39 pm

Alex gave a nod. "It's too bad we didn't get to meet her. Maybe in time we can get Steve to tell us a little more about her."

The following day Dr. Weston sought out Sam Wilson. She knew he was busy with his new duties as leader of the Avengers' team, but this was important. Her daily talks with Mariah were going well now that Mariah was opening up more and more to her. She had managed to convince Mariah that today the time was right to talk to Sam about what happened. The two off them needed to talk, even if Sam didn't forgive her.

She found Sam and asked to speak to him privately. When they were alone she looked at him. "Mariah would like to speak to you, if you are willing to speak to her. I'm not asking you to forgive her, but just to talk to her."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:01 pm

OO-So I’ve been thinking about the woman who Steve is going to move in next to. I’ve been considering making her an ex SHIELD agent so they have something in common. However they never met, although she knows who he is of course. I’m thinking she was injured during a mission and retired. she’s going to be in her late thirties or early fourties and now owns a small farm and sells produce at a farm stand. What do you think?

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:34 pm

OOC: Think that would be fun, figure Steve's going to need to have someone to show him how to keep a farm.

IC:

Sam was going over the rosters, the conference he had to hold accepting his role as the new Captain America was more than draining. When it was done it seemed a burden was lifted off of Steve. Going over the paperwork he looked up hearing Dr Weston's voice. He hadn't focused too much on Mariah, given all thats happened in the past few days, so he wasn't sure how he felt about her attacking him. He understood why she had done it and with Andrew giving a perspective it didnt seem like she was going to finish the job.

She was his goddaughter and he himself wasn't sure if he had done anything different if he were in her shoes. at least he was willing to talk with her, "yeah sure." He said putting the documents away and walking with Weston.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:27 pm

Dr. Weston nodded and walked with Sam down to Mariah's room. A guard opened the door to let Sam in. Mariah looked up when she heard the door open and even though she knew it was going to be Sam she still felt nervous. Looking at him brought back memories of that night and what she had done and what she had almost done. She felt horribly guilty and that guilt showed in her eyes. After the door was closed and they were alone she forced herself to look at him. "Sam, I just wanted to tell you...how incredibly sorry...I am for what I did." Tears filled her eyes and began to stream down her cheeks. "I never wanted to hurt you. I hated myself every second of it."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:51 pm

Sam took one look at Mariah and knew things were complicated. He sat down across from her and took a breath. Hearing her apology he believed everything that she said. He rubbed his neck thinking on that night and what Mariah must have been going through. "Mariah..i know why you had to do it. I'm still a bit sore at you but i knew you weren't going to finish it." He said looking to her.

"Dont hold onto this Mariah, i dont hate you..you're the only one punishing yourself. i went to bat for you with Fury about your charges even." Sam admitted

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:55 pm

Mariah had to stop herself from crying harder when Sam told her that he didn't hate her. She was close with Sam and didn't want to ruin her relationship with him. She wiped away the tears from her eyes and cheeks with a shaky hand as he went on to tell her that he had even helped talk Fury out of pressing charges against her. "Why would you do that?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:09 pm

Sam moved close and embraced Mariah, he always thought highly of her before the realization that she was Steves daughter and she had definitly had a harsh few months. "Because we're family Mariah.." He said when she asked why he would step up for her. "we're getting everything taken care of...i dont know if anyone has told you but Steve has retired. News about your mom shook him up pretty bad.." He said feeling that he should be honest with her.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:16 pm

Mariah let Sam embrace her and she rested her head against him. It was still amazing to her to think that only a few years ago she thought she was alone in this world, but now she had a father, husband, in-laws, friends, and Sam. When Sam went on to tell her that her father had retired she wasn't entirely surprised. He had been talking about it for a while. She assumed that meant that Sam was now the leader of the Avengers. She could easily see him in that role. He would be a great leader.

"I don't know anything about her," she said, referring to her mother.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:29 pm

Sam nodded understanding why Mariah didnt know much about her. "Steve went a bit ballistic on Fury." He said. He rubbed her back thinking that maybe they turned a corner. That she would be able to keep moving on a path of healing. "Apparently Fury kept some info about your mother away from Steve.."

"From what i could figure out they had met in an undercover mission." Sam said using his new clout to get more info on Eve. He smiled a little, "as husband and wife..if i had to guess something happened during the mission." Sam said. "I could tell you of Eve's background and her accomplishments but that's not what you're looking for." Sam said.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:34 pm

Mariah was quiet as she listened to what Sam said. She hated the fact that he found out about what had actually happened to Eve from her in that way. She had been angry, confused, and extremely upset and overwhelmed. She knew she should talk to him, but at this points he didn't know how. Things were so strained between them. She felt upset that he had lied to her. She had thought he would be the one person who wouldn't lie to her, but he had.

"Did you see a picture of her?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:46 pm

Sam gave a nod having looked through as many files of Eve as he could find. "A few in fact, even got one with her shaking hands with Steve." he said. "whatever you need from me Mariah just ask." Sam said hoping she'd take him up on it. "Besides, the sooner i get you back on your feet and fine again the sooner you can rejoin the team." he said.

"I can also talk with Steve for you..if you want to talk with him. I think he felt he needed to give you some space."

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:51 pm

Mariah had never seen a picture of her mother and began to wonder if she looked at all like her. Part of her wished that she did. She looked at Sam when he spoke about her father and sighed a little. She knew she needed to talk to him, but she knew things between them wouldn't just automatically heal. It was going to take time.

"He lied to me Sam. He was the one person I thought would never lie to me and he did. Why would he keep that information from me?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:02 pm

Sam Andrew and Alex talked about that very thing for osme time. Why Steve had just told Mariah it was a one time thing. "Not excusing the deception but he was probably trying to protect you." He said looking to Mariah. "maybe he felt it would be easier to accept a one night stand versus a two year long affair. He loved your mother a great deal Mariah. We think he chose to serve than his own happiness..and your mother thought the same way." He said remembering the video.

"He hasn't been with another woman, hasn't let himself be happy since then. You've been his ray of sunshine."

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:12 pm

A few hours later Alex finished talking to Dr. Weston and pulled out her cell phone from her back pocket. She stepped into a private room and dialed Steve's cell number. It rang a few times before he finally picked up. Alex knew that Mariah not talking to him was killing him. Mariah meant the world to him and it was time for them to repair their relationship.

"Steve, Mariah is ready to see you...and talk to you."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:20 pm

Steve was back at his apartment staring and finally realizing how alone he truly was in the world. What have i done to myself he thought. Hearing his phone go off he picked up and listened to Alex. His heart seized hearing that Mariah was ready to see him. "Alright..tell her i'll be over immediately." He said.

Steve got up and took a deep breath. He opened up the letter from Eve once more, "give me strength." He said as he grabbed his coat. Eventually he arrived at the facility and requested to speak with Mariah heading to where she was being kept.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:26 pm

Mariah sat in one of the chairs at the table in her room. She had lost a little weight and generally looked tired and worn out. She looked up at Steve when he walked in. She felt a wave of emotion come over her. She wanted to both feel his arms around her, but also to yell and hit him for the situation he put her in. She didn't speak, deciding to let him speak first.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:01 pm

Steve walked in and took a seat feeling shame hit him seeing how she appeared. He rubbed his head and breathed out. "I cant apologize enough Mariah. I thought i was protecting you by lieing..i thought my lie would be easier to handle than the truth." he said. He rubbed his eyes feeling some tears.

"But i've been only lieing to myself and hurt you in the process..i hope you can forgive me."

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:08 pm

Mariah just sat there quietly as she listened to what Steve said. She could tell he was truly sorry for lying to her and she could see the pain and grief in his eyes. She remained quiet for a while and looked away before looking back at him. "I'm sorry you had to find out about her that way..." She said referring to her telling him that Eve had killed herself.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:13 pm

Steve could still see the look in Eve's eyes from the video. His nights were just nightmares of the day that he left her, how alone she must have felt. He knew he kept his distance when she had Mariah thinking it was her husbands. He hated how he walked away that day. Some hero his mind would tell him, not worthy of her sacrifice. He didnt have anything to say nothing seem really adequate to convey just how much he regretted his decision.

"I didn't know..i wouldn't have known otherwise unless you told me."

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:18 pm

Mariah nodded slightly, although she still couldn't imagine the pain Steve must have gone through. She knew that he had immediately gone to see Fury and had left his shield outside his office. She knew now that he had loved her mother...deeply. She hesitated for a moment before asking him what she had been wanting to ask him since she found out about the affair.

"What was she like?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:29 pm

Steve looked to Mariah when she asked what her mother was truly like. He gave a small laugh and nodded going into detail about Eve. Over the two years he talked of her smile and spirit, how her laugh lifted him up and how she kept him humble. He even told her of the meals they prepared together and how a lot of his habits she was used too came to be because of Eve. He looked to Mariah, "you remind me of her when you're around James." he said. He realized then why he was fine with her and James being together after their relationship was out in the open

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:35 pm

Mariah listened intently to what her father had to say about her mother. It was wonderful to finally learn more about her than just her rank and job at SHIELD. She finally felt like she was getting to know her and who she really was. She wished she could have actually known her, but at least now she knew something.

"Do you have a picture of her?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:45 pm

"I have a box of personal effects. Pictures and tokens i coudln't bring myself to part with. Nothing official." Steve said thinking of a few pictures of her in a civilian setting. "you're more than welcome to it, you have as much right to it. Would eve say you have more of a right." he said. He went on explaining how they met confirming what Sam had said and how the mission ended. How they talked about what happened and their plans for their future..

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next