New X-Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Tis the Season (December 3, 2016)

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

'Tis the Season (December 3, 2016) - Page 3 Empty Re: 'Tis the Season (December 3, 2016)

Post by Black Widow Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:36 pm

Serena was quite happy with how this situation was turning out. Steve would get to see Kate, and she would be able to spend some time with Mason. He hadn't run away when he learned about her powers so at least there seemed to be some hope for a friendship between them.

Isabella smiled a little at Forge as she fed Aeryn some lasagna. "I've saved a plate of food for Mason in the fridge if he gets hungry later after he wakes up."

Everyone continued to talk while they ate and eventually dessert was served and then the table was cleared. Logan and Natalya went to go watch the Russian spy movie marathon, and Tony, Stephen, and Forge went back to Tony's office to talk a little more. Serena went to her room to do some meditation before bed and Isabella put Aeryn to bed before retiring to her and Tony's room to get ready for bed and do some reading. After a few hours, everyone was in bed and the Tower was quiet...until Natalya began to have a nightmare. Logan's room was situated next to hers for just this reason and he had put his bed right up against the wall separating their rooms to be able to hear her if she suffered a nightmare and go to her. Normally, he would be able to just get into bed with her and wrap her up into his arms and that would calm her, but tonight seemed particularly bad. She was speaking in Russian in her sleep and tossing and turning, but then she began to scream, waking everyone else up as well. She was crying and on the verge of becoming violent, while continuing to remain trapped in her nightmare.

Isabella and Tony were up and nearly ran into Forge in the hallway. "Should I get a sedative?" she asked Tony.

Black Widow
Admin

https://new-x-men.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

'Tis the Season (December 3, 2016) - Page 3 Empty Re: 'Tis the Season (December 3, 2016)

Post by VoltKimo Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:48 pm

Logan's ears picked up on Natalya being in distress and got up. He figured he would hold her until she drifted off to sleep and he would just sleep in the room. He doubted she would care in the morning. However he could tell something was wrong seeing she was speaking in Russian and tried to simmer her down until she started to scream. It did make his blood boil seeing the after effects of her upbringing and he knew the best he could do was contain her until she was ablt to snap out of it.

Forge rushed out of his room hearing the scream unaware that Natalya was truly that bad. Seeing Isabella and Tony up and not panicking made him realize what was going on. Hearing that scream Tony was leaning towards yes on the sedative. "Yeah if Logan can't get her to calm we may have to drug her." Tony said confirming. "Jarvis, prepare lockdown procedures." Tony said wanting to be safe about this.

Meanwhile Mason had woken and was wandering the garage after a conversation with Jarvis. After being offered some tea to sleep Mason pointed out he was in the city that never sleeps and figured he'd wander about. Jarvis advised him of the garage and Mason got it in his head Tony had to have some of his more expensive vehicles somewhere. With Tony's request Jarvis' attention was elsewhere leaving Mason alone to wander about.

OOC: Figured Mason would be awake at this point, just putting him somewhere for now. Never knew Bugatti's were so expensive.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:05 pm

Up until she had come to live in the Tower two years ago, Natalya's entire life had been filled with torture, violence, manipulation, brainwashing, and trauma. She had been physically and sexually abused for as far back as she could remember and her memories were almost non-existent for the times when the "helmet" had been used on her. Tatiana had used it as a form of reconditioning when she felt that Natalya was starting to stray. People had a right to fear Natalya after all the lives she had taken and the intense training she had gone through, but those in the Tower knew that ultimately Natalya was a woman who was broken and far more vulnerable than the rest of the world knew. It had taken Logan a lot of hard work to get Natalya even this far and for that reason he was extremely protective of her.

Isabella waited to see if Natalya would settle down, but she only seemed to get worse. "Ok, I'm getting the sedative," she said and went to her office. There was a medical level of the Tower, but they had long since learned that getting down there and back with the sedative took too long. Now, the drug and needles were kept in Isabella's office. She prepared the sedative and then went into Natalya's room where Logan was working on getting Natalya physically under control enough so that Isabella could administer the drug. However, when Isabella tried to get the needle into Natalya's arm, Natalya suddenly broke free of Logan's grasp and kicked out, kicking Isabella in the stomach and sending her back a few steps into the wall.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:21 pm

Logan had wrapped Natalya in his arms hoping it would calm her but it didn't seem to be working. Forge and Tony stepped into the room in case he needed help but he brushed them aside. He kept calling out her name to get her to calm down but she stil struggled. He looked to Isabella as she brought in the drugs. He wasn't fond of it but until they found a way for her to cope it was a necessary thing.

Logan hadn't anticipated Natalya actually struggling against him and was a bit surprised when she kicked Isabella. Tony immediately rushed to his wife's aid Forge tried to help Logan hold Natalya down. "Natalya calm down we're your friends!" Logan said doing his best to calm her. Tony reached down and helped Isabella.

"Are you ok?" He asked. He looked to the other to see if they were able to hold Natalya down.

OOC: Did we want to initiate the lockdown? I didn't want to jump the gun

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:31 pm

Natalya would be extremely strong even without the Super Soldier serum, but with it she was deadly. Thankfully, her kick hadn't had her entire weight behind it, although it had knocked the wind out of Isabella for a moment. She nodded a little when Tony asked her if she was alright.

"Yes, I'm alright," she said as she stood up. With Forge and Logan both holding Natalya down, Isabella was finally able to administer the sedative. Within seconds, Natalya quieted and her body suddenly became limp in Logan's arms.

OOC-Yes, we can say that lockdown was initiated.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:55 pm

Tony feared Isabella was going to have quite the bruise in the morning. He knew keeping Natalya in the tower was in her best interest as he was certain that SHIELD would just lock her in a dark pit. Approaching that topic he knew would create an argument that he woudln't win. And seeing his wife get hurt only made him want to bring it up more. But for now he bit his tongue and helped her up onto her feet.

Logan breathed out feeling Natalya go limp after the drugs kicked in and he moved her into a more comfortable position on the bed. Forge immediately got up seeing he wasn't needed and stepped out into the hallway. Logan stayed by Natalya's side keep a hold of her hand. He knew the sedatives were at work and she wasn't aware of his presence but he wanted to at least be there when she woke up.

Stepping out into the hallway Forge watched Tony and Isabella step out and close the door behind them. "So that was an episode huh?" Forge asked as the others arrived.

"Yeah, which is why I wanted your help with collaboration. Natalya is deadly and with the super soldier serum i dont want to take any chances." Tony said. "Jarvis, you can stand down. cancel lockdown."

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:10 pm

Isabella was relieved to see Natalya go limp and become quiet. Isabella was a very caring and nurturing woman and seeing the effects of what had been done to Natalya come out like this made her want to hunt Tatiana down herself and kill her. No one should ever have to suffer the way this woman continued to suffer. Even though she was safe, Natalya could never truly be free, and that was heartbreaking.

Isabella stepped out into the hallway with Tony and Forge and she rubbed her stomach little where Natalya had kicked her. "She's not normally like this. Usually Logan can calm her down by just getting into bed with her, but I think this episode was brought on by there being new people in the Tower. Natalya doesn't do well with change. She's physically the deadliest person I've ever seen, but mentally...she's the most broken person I've ever seen. It breaks my heart to watch her struggle with the effects of the abuse and torture she endured for her entire life. The woman doesn't even know her own birthday or how old she is. She has memory loss for bits of her life where Tatiana used a device on her that was so traumatic that she can barely speak about it and she lives in near constant fear that Tatiana is going to take her back."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:38 pm

Forge heard Isabella out but felt that Natalya may be a little too dangerous to have psychotic episodes. "i assume the topic of some sort of device to control has been discussed?" Forge asked. Tony slowly nodded as it was one of the first ideas to be tossed out.

"Some thing that would make us no better than her previous captors." Tony said. He felt it could be necessary to have her wear some kind of band around her head to control her impulses but that was shot down. Hence his request for Forge and Strange to arrive and help with security. "And it could impact all the good thats been done thus far." he admitted.

"I mean i can understand that i suppose. I take it she doesn't get these episodes often?" Forge asked looking to ISabella.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:56 pm

Isabella sighed and shook her head. "Honestly, no. As I said, usually when she has nightmares, Logan's able to get into bed with her and that calms her down. I think tonight's nightmare was brought on by there being new people in the Tower. I think you should spend some time with her Forge and get to know her a little better. I think people meet her and they automatically judge her for her past, but unless we're fighting someone, I've never even seen her hurt a fly."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:04 pm

Forge rubbed his head, "My apologies you mentioned that before." He said. He thought the next day he should have him and Mason sit down with Natalya. "I'll speak with Mason when he wakes. maybe the three of us could have a conversation with Logan present. Answer any questions she has get to know one another." Forge offered.

"Think Mason would be up for that? Haven't really met the guy myself." Tony said.

"he can be very personable. If you bribe him with food you can keep his attention for long periods of time." Forge smirked

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:20 pm

It was agreed that the next day that Forge and Mason would meet with Nataly and Logan to get to know Natalya better before upgrading the security systems. Isabella just thought that Forge and Mason perhaps had a one sided view of Natalya that had been formed by her dossier and news reports. Natalya was much more than that and she wanted to change people's opinions of her as being nothing more than a coldblooded killer.

The following morning, Natalya slowly awoke to find Logan laying with her in her bed. The sun was already up and she had clearly slept longer than she usually did...that only meant one thing. She had been sedated. She felt Logan stir when she did and awaken and she looked at him. "What did I do?" she asked, obviously not remembering anything since she had still been asleep at the time.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:12 pm

The next day started out well enough. Mason had been awake since 4 having tried to sleep in to adjust to the new schedule. Forge had left that morning and returned with a plethora of breakfast items to bribe Mason for his cooperation. Which had worked Mason was on board with talking with Natalya.

Logan stretched feeling Natalya stir next to him. He slowly sat up hearing her inquire about the prior night. "you just had a nightmare is all. It was a little bad so we sedated you to be on teh safe side." He said wanting to the impact as soft as possible. He'd speak with ISabella about if she wanted to share that she got hit or not.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:19 pm

Natalya listened to what Logan told her and she slowly nodded. She stretched and got up and began to get changed right in front of him. This was nothing unusual. Natalya often changed in front of him. She wasn't shy about her body, due to the conditioning she'd gone through at the hands of Tatiana. She was quiet a moment as she put on her bra and then grabbed a top. "Did I hurt anyone?" she asked softly...fearing the possible answer.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:22 pm

Logan turned his head away giving Natalya some privacy so she could get herself situated. It was a shock to him the first time she did that and he either felt she didnt see him as anything viable or as just a family member. But lately he felt something could be developing. Still, it took a bit for him to look away, she was quite easy on the eyes.

He thought of Isabella again. "Nothing major. Everyones fine Natalya try not to worry about it. We'll figure out a way to get your nightmares under control." Logan said getting up. "I think the new guys wanted to have a chat with us..get to know one another better ya know? Apparently thye're going to be sticking around for a while."

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:31 pm

Natalya winced a little when Logan admitted that she had hurt someone, although he told her everyone was fine and not to worry about it. She did though. These people were giving her a chance here and were taking a risk by allowing her into their home. She didn't want to cause them any trouble, or cause them to regret allowing her to remain with them and be on their team.

She put on the black sweater and glanced at Logan when he said that Forge and Mason wanted to meet with her and "get to know her better". "Are you sure this has nothing to do with the security upgrades Tony is planning?" she asked outright. When Logan hesitated she looked at him. "I'm not an idiot Logan. I know what's going on and I know it's because of me. It's ok, I understand why he's doing it, but to think I wasn't going to figure it out...I mean I was a Russian spy...and a very good one. I know more about what's going on than people give me credit for."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:21 pm

Logan wasn't worried about the others when it came to Natalya. He wasn't about to abandon here, if worse came to pass he'd stick by her side. It was his turn to wince when Natalya informed him she was aware why Forge was here. "I dont believe you're an idiot." Logan said standing. "Well with the all the technical bull that Stark talks about we had a hope you wouldn't put it together. That and Forge being able to just make things." Logan said.

"No one wants to make you feel uncomfortable is all. And Forge is a good guy i've known him for a long time. I can't speak about that Mason guy but i know Forge has all mutants backs. He'll keep your best interest to heart even if its just for my sake." Logan said. He had full faith in Forge doing right by her even if she didnt know him all that well.

"I'm certain he'll answer any questions you may have."

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:32 pm

Natalya really owed Logan a lot. He had given her a second chance and spared her life. He stuck by her side through the good, bad, and the ugly, and she had no doubts that he would stick by her side if she were forced to leave the Tower (not that she thought that was going to happen).

She finished getting dressed, and she and Logan headed out to the kitchen. Logan fixed them both some bacon and eggs and made some coffee. Natalya could not cook...in fact she had trouble even making coffee, so she just stayed away from the kitchen usually. They ate their breakfast and by that time Forge and Mason joined them in the common room. Natalya sat next to Logan and across from Forge and Mason.

"Logan said you wanted to talk to me."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:54 pm

Forge and Mason made their way into the common room. Mason with his head in a box of left over chinese food. Part of his bribe for him to participate was a variety of his favorite foods from places he would frequent for scraps. Forge had to pull a few favors for someone to obtain a box of overly greasy noodles. He looked up from his second 'breakfast' as Natalya and Logan sat across from them. He looked to Forge when she spoke up.

"This feels like an intervention.." He said between bites. Forge sighed and straightened up looked to Natalya.

"Due to last nights events we believe it would be best if myself and Mason get to know you a bit better and vice versa." Forge said. "We'll be staying here for a bit and the last thing we want is to make you uncomfortable." he reasoned.

"She knows why you're here Forge." Logan poitned out. Forge gave a slow nod not sure how to take that news, he hoped she wasn't upset. Mason took another bite not bothered by this news. "I've told her you'd look out for her."

"dont think we brought anything lethal." Mason said. Forge looked to him, "What? We didn't. listen i didn't read the briefing, half the time i dont know why you bother giving it to me. I dont know anything about you other than you're someone i shouldn't mess with. Not that i would i dont make a habit of messing with women." Mason said looking to Natalya while digging away with his chopsticks.

"unless i like them. don't get me wrong you have the hot bad ass thing going on but i'm probably not your type and i'm here to work and it would just be a complete chaotic mess." Mason said. Logan felt a bit territorial then but he kept his poker face. "

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:42 pm

Natalya eyed Mason a little. The kid certainly had a set on him that was for sure. She took a minute trying to decide if she liked that or not. In the end, she decided that she at least respected him for it. Beside her, she felt Logan tense up a little and she glanced at him. While nothing had happened between them yet, Natalya knew that Logan felt rather territorial about her and what Mason had just said had caused his hackles to go up a little. Outwardly though, Logan's expression never changed. She and Logan spent every day together though and she knew how to read him like no one else could.

"What exactly do you need to know about me?" she asked Forge.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:05 pm

Forge cringed a little after hearing Mason's proclamation but it didn't seem to bother Natalya. Both Logan and Mason kept quiet with Mason continuing to eat. While Logan kept calm on the outside with how well Natalya knew him she could tell the comment bothered him a bit. Mason looked up seeing Logan's eyes on his. He planted his feet on the ground tensing a bit as he brought more noodles to his mouth. For Natalya, if she were to look, would get the feeling of two predators sizing one another up with one guarding food.

"Just the normal things that people know. I know there is a dossier on you but i'd rather get to know you on a more friendly manner." Forge said. "Such as what do you like to watch on your down time? Favorite food, opinions on local politics that sort of thing. If there is anyway we can help make our presence tolerable we're open to suggestions. And its not just a one way thing we're happy to answer any questions as well."

"Don't recall agreeing to that." Mason said relaxing looking to Forge.

"I found a place that does korean bbq." Forge quickly answered. Mason's eyebrows went up and he went back to finishing his meal. By this time Logan relax and leaned back in his chair knowing this was about Natalya

"I'll answer anything ya got." Mason said.

"Not much to buy you off." Logan muttered.

"you haven't had korean bbq." He answered.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:18 pm

Natalya didn't really like talking about herself and she was clearly rather uncomfortable...mostly because when people asked her about her favorite things it was usually a reminder that she didn't really have favorite things or many opinions on topics because her life had been so controlled. She had a little bit of a sweet tooth, but other than that food was food. She didn't enjoy it the way other people did. She wished she could understand why Mason liked the food he did so much.

She didn't really answer Forge's questions and looked a little upset about them. "Yeah, I think I'd rather not talk about myself," she finally said. "Just tell me what you're planning to do."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:34 pm

Mason could sense Natalya wanted to flee this conversation as did Logan who reached a hand over onto hers to try and comfort her. Mason leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms watching her for a moment. Well this was the wrong approach he thought. He'd get just as defensive about talking about himself but she was handling it better than he would. Forge gave a nod when she shot him down.

"Well we're planning on implementing thicker doors primarily. non lethal measures for defenses in case anyone breaks in." Forge said. He wanted to make it clear that while the upgrades had her in mind Forge felt the Tower was overdue for upgrades. "electric paneling along the walls floor and ceiling. also was thinking of utilizing sticky foam just need to work on the delivery method to slow down intruders." Forge advised.

"And general upgrades for Jarvis as well. I've also wanted to discuss with you you're nightmares that you seem to have. if i were to come up with a way to suppress your nightmares would you be interested in trying?" Forge offered.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:40 pm

Natalya felt Logan place his hand on hers and she kept her hand there. She normally didn't like people touching her, but Logan was the exception. His touch actually could help to calm her down...and her touch often did the same for him. She frowned a little when Forge mentioned "suppressing" her nightmares. Natalya didn't like the thought of her body being messed with...again, but she wasn't certain what Forge meant by what he said.

"How exactly would you 'suppress' them?" she asked.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:14 pm

It had taken a while for Logan and Natalya to get where they were. frankly he was surprised taht he could find comfort in another person, which is why he so deeply wanted things to work out for Natalya. A chance to live a normal life after all she ahd been through just sounded almost too good to be true.

Forge thought for a moment on how to best explain his abilities. "So..i'm certain Logan has explained i'm a mutant." He said. Seeing the confirmation he continued, "What i can do is think of something I want to exist whether or not its possible for myself to fabricate and i make it." he said. "Anything i can think of i can create it. I may not know how it works, and i tend to take it apart to figure that out, but it works the way i intended it to work. Without fail." He said.

"In your case i would want make a headband of some sort or something to hang above your bed to monitor signs of stress." Forge grabbed a pad of paper and pencil and drew it out to help him move along. "Now this theoretical item lets say emits a mood stabilizing beam calming you as you sleep." Forge said. Now this would be effectively be waht Logan would do just by lying with Natalya but Forge was unaware of this arrangement.

Logan came ot the same conclusion and he looked to Natalya to see her reaction. Mason picked up on this and he looked between the two of them and it clicked in his head why Logan was staring him down. "Hey..maybe um we shouldn't mess with her head." Mason suggested giving her an out.

Forge looked to Mason but slowly nodded, "Right yes the experiments. my apologies I truly only want to help. Always looking to fix problems." He said.

"Speaking of fixing problems you plan on visiting the mansion?" Logan asked. Forge breathed out having thought of that.

"Not sure. The wound might still be a bit raw." Forge answered.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:27 pm

Natalya listened closely to what Forge said. She understood what he was saying, and the idea of the nightmares being gone did appeal to her, but by eliminating the nightmares there would be no reason for Logan to lie with her in bed. She and Logan had been dancing around their mutual attraction for a while now. Logan had been helping Natalya to heal mentally, but for Natalya the fear was in possibly losing Logan as her friend if things didn’t work out. He was her first and closest friend. She trusted him more than anyone in the world and needed him in her life.

She didn’t really know what to say to Forge and was therefore relieved when Mason spoke up. The fact that Logan really hadn’t said anything either, told her that he felt the same way. If her nightmares got any worse though, she knew they would have to address them.

Suddenly, Serena walked into the kitchen wearing some workout gear. Natalya saw Mason look her way and nearly drop his box of noodles. Serena smiled at Mason as she grabbed her water bottle from the fridge. “Morning Mason,” she said.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next