New X-Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lunch and Dinner

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lunch and Dinner - Page 2 Empty Re: Lunch and Dinner

Post by Black Widow Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:31 pm

Lani had momentarily forgotten about the laptop in all the excitement of meeting Tony Stark and working on Mariah's new suit. She still wondered how Mariah was going to react when they gave that and her father's old shield to her. She thought back to the laptop and to the video message their olderselves had made. "Do you think we had any children?"

Kate grinned at Steve's reaction. He was so handsome and charming and just shy enough to make him even more charming. "Steve, you don't need to work up any courage for that. I really like you and I would like to continue to see you in this way."

Black Widow
Admin

https://new-x-men.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:03 pm

Azari thought of their future selves and the situation that they faced. He knew he was a different man in that scenario so he tried to take that into account. "Chances are no." He said looking to Lani. "I can only guess of course. Resources would have grown more scarce and by the looks of things we were most likely instrumental in solving things. I dont think we would have set aside time to attempt to start a family of our own." He reasoned.

"of course i could easily be wrong. you do know how to get me going rather quickly." Azari admitted

Steve knew that Kate knew he liked her but he was still on his backfeet. With Eve their affair started out with a quick fuse and just went from there. With Kate it seemed things were going at a nice easy pace, there was no need for secrecy and they could be open and relaxed. "Just really rusty at this sort of thing but i would like to see you more in the future, in less of a business/help sort of way." He said. The rest of the dinner progressed rather well and Steve set about cleaning up the plates and pans real quick.

"so what do you do for fun Kate? any hobbies besides the farm life?" Steve asked.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:21 pm

Lani thought about what Azari said and nodded a little. It made sense of course. Why bring a child into that kind of environment? It made her rather sad to think of them in that life. They had both looked tired and stressed, but still very much in love.

"And what about in this life? Would you be open to eventually discussing the idea of having a baby?"

Kate enjoyed talking to Steve. She found him easy to talk to and they told stories and laughed throughout dinner. After dinner, Steve cleaned up the dinner dishes while Kate served two slices of the apple pie. She had also brought over some homemade vanilla icecream to serve with it. "I actually still like to go to the shooting range. I don't know why but I feel like I still need to keep up those skills. I do also play piano. My mother made me take lessons when I was younger and I hated it then, but I grew to love it as an adult. When I was working for SHIELD it was a way for me to relax. What about you? What other hobbies do you have?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:35 pm

Azari looked to Lani and she could tell that question threw him off. It derailed all of his thoughts and he thought about having a child. "Haven't given it much thought." He admitted. He thought of how he effective a father he would be and didnt feel confident. "Do you want children?" He asked.

Steve finished cleaning up and joined Kate for dessert. He thought of his own hobbies and he had to admit he did miss that shield of his. But very little use for it on a farm and he was certain it would get plenty of use. "Piano huh? theres a skillset thats still a hard one to learn." He said. He thought of his own hobbies, "Dont have too many really, i like to read quite a bit. I know how to knit, would do that to pass the time and i have a lot of time now." He said as he was working on a blanket actually. He figured the winters would be pretty bad out here.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:46 pm

Lani could tell her question had freaked Azari out a little. She thought about it for a moment before looking at him. "I think I might," she told him honestly. "But this isn't something we need to discuss now. I don't want you to feel pressured into changing your mind if you honestly don't want any children."

The recipe for the apple pie was her grandmother's and she had to admit that it was very good. The homemade crust had turned out perfectly and she had latticed it on the top. She looked pleasantly surprised when Steve admitted that he knew how to knit. "You really know how to knit?" She tried to image Captain American sitting there knitting, but she supposed it was a skill he probably learned back in the 1940's in the army.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:04 pm

The child question had given Azari some paused as his world view did not have a child in it. With Lani admitting that she might want a child he knew he had to reevaluate a few things. Of course he had to do some soul searching to ensure he wanted a child as well. This wasn't something to take lightly. "No but it is something to consider..in the future." He said not wanting to dismiss this. But Lani was right it wasn't something they needed to worry about right at his moment.

Steve absolutely loved the pie and it was gone in a matter of moments. He swallowed down the last bit when Kate asked him if he was serious about the knitting. "Oh yeah. With the needles and everything, not too many people know this of course." He said knowing exactly how ridiculous this had to appear. "Started to learn it near the beginning of the war. Long flights you see, got the makings of a blanket out on the couch in the other room in fact." He said.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:13 pm

Lani nodded, glad that at least the discussion wasn't off the table. However, now was certainly not the time for that discussion. They had multiple projects they were working on and now they were also going to start working for Tony Stark and the Avengers. It was absolutely mind blowing for Lani. "So, I guess we need to tell our parents our good news."

Kate was absolutely fascinated by Steve and she smiled as she listened to him. When he said he had the start of a blanket in the other room. She got up and went in there to look at it. She was quite impressed. "This is beautiful Steve." She looked at him and smiled. "You are truly incredible."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:56 pm

THere were a good number of projects that the pair had to accomplish before the possibility of having a child. He thought of sharing the news with their parents and nodded knowing they'd be upset if they heard this news from another source. "I suppose so. Should we head over tonight or the next day, i'm not sure how long that bottle will keep." Azari said looking to teh champagne.

Steve got up and followed Kate out ot the living room. He was pretty proud of the blanket. He was touched tghat Kate thought so highly of him. "I wouldn't go that far. Just keeping myself busy is all." he said. "You get me enough material and a good baseball game and i'll sit there the entire time." He said having a good deal of patience for this sort of thing. He looked to Kate feeling his heart beat quicken, "Thanks for coming tonight Kate..i really needed this." He said feeling like a normal person again.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:00 pm

Lani thought about it for a moment and then looked at Azari. "Let's wait until tomorrow. Tonight is just about you and me," she said as she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him lovingly.

Kate looked over at Steve and her eyes met his. "It was my pleasure. I enjoy your company Steve. You make me feel...happy again."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:14 pm

Azari took another drink of the beverage as Lani thought about when they wanted to share the good news. He looked to her when she came to her decision and wrapped her arms around his neck. He returned her kiss resting a hand on her hip. "I can be happy with that. "He said between kisses. he gave a her a little squeeze and smiled at her finding some peace through all of their hard work

Steve felt very close to Kate as it seemed they were able to help one another. "If you have some time we can watch a movie and relax on the couch." he said not sure if he wanted the date to end at this moment.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue May 14, 2019 6:05 pm

OOC: hey hope you're doing okay

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue May 14, 2019 9:07 pm

OOC-Yeah, sorry. I've just been really busy lately. Do you mind if we just focus on this board for now and maybe come back to the other one?

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue May 14, 2019 9:41 pm

OOC: No worries, hope things aren't stressing you out. Yeah we can pause the other board, whatever you like. I was getting concerned is all, i'm normally the one that disappears

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue May 14, 2019 9:42 pm

OOC-No, I'm not really stressed. Just been busy at work and come home and kinda crash. What should we do next on this board?

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Wed May 15, 2019 8:38 pm

OOC: Well i know we have Lani and Azari's first days working with the Avengers. can start brainstorming a mission for them to take part in. Need to figure out where we have Steve and Kate in their relationship, i'm thinking they're going to take things slow? But i'm cool with whatever on that.

Thinking maybe James finds the guy that stabbed Mariah, or another pregnancy for Mariah. Presenting her new uniform and shield is something we should cover.

We have the other three couples, Jasmine/Matt, Gwen/Kamea/ Sorina/Kai, haven't thought of anything for them really though.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Wed May 15, 2019 8:44 pm

I like the idea of starting with Mariah and the new suit. I know we had also been talking about Kylie being killed by Caleb.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Thu May 16, 2019 9:24 pm

OOC: Did we want the Kylie being killed to occur soon?

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Thu May 16, 2019 9:28 pm

It doesn’t have to be really soon. We can focus on Mariah first.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun May 19, 2019 5:01 pm

Sounds like a plan, did we want this to be a like a formal thing or should it happen during a briefing of some sort?

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun May 19, 2019 5:05 pm

I would imagine the actual giving of the new suit to Mariah would be fairly private (maybe just a few people there including James, Steve, and Sam) and then a press conference would take place with the formal announcement. What do you think?

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Wed May 22, 2019 8:06 pm

So sorry for slow responses

I'm perfectly fine with that, just a small gathering of those real close to Mariah, should i take the lead in setting up?

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Wed May 22, 2019 8:09 pm

Sure. I’m fine with that.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content