New X-Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heart trumps Logic

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Heart trumps Logic - Page 3 Empty Re: Heart trumps Logic

Post by VoltKimo Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:40 pm

Andrew placed his hands in his pockets and looked unsure and not himself. "It's not that i dont trust you i'm just..i play music for money and i'm." He paused for a moment to try and find the right words. "Not..sure of myself? As much as you like music i didnt want you think i was into some weird stuff and think less of me." He admitted.

"The stuff i play is a bit softer than what you listen to..."

Around the corner Sam appeared looking for him. "hey big guy we have an audience waiting remember??" she asked. She took note of Kylie and was curious as to who she was. But the show had to go on so she paid it no mind.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:02 pm

Kylie wasn't sure how she felt about the fact that Andrew hadn't wanted to share the fact that he was playing music with her. She looked hurt and had to look away from him. It had taken a lot for her to trust Andrew after everything she had been through and she had thought that perhaps because of their similar experiences that they could be more open with each other. This stung and hurt more than she wanted to admit.

"Oh...ok..."

Suddenly, the black haired girl appeared and told Andrew that they had an audience waiting. Kylie sighed and crossed her arms over her chest. "Well...I guess you need to go..." she said before turning and walking back to the SUV.

Black Widow
Admin

https://new-x-men.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:53 pm

Andrew watched Kylie turn away getting the impression that he had hurt her. it wasn't that he didnt trust her he just didnt feel ready to expose himself completely to her. His singing was something that he felt was very personable, which he would admit was weird doing it in front of strangers but up there on the stage he coudln't see anyone. All he could picture was Mason watching him and it made him nervous.

He worried that Kylie wouldn't like his style and it was all he knew..

Hearing Sam turned his attention to her and he watched Kylie walk back to the SUV. A man of his word Andrew turned and headed back to Sam and joined her heading back into the bar. "Hey Sam, after the show i gotta talk with ya bout something." Andrew said..

Kimo and Ethan opened the door up to the SUV for Kylie to get back in. She didnt look like she was crying so they ahd hopes that maybe things weren't so bad? "So guess he'll head back to the mansion after he's done." Ethan said breaking the silence.

Kimo gently nudged Kylie and gave her a supporting smile hoping things weren't as bleak as they were before.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:14 pm

Kylie got into the SUV and sat next to Kimo since it was the only open seat left. She looked out the window and didn't say anything. She wanted to be away from everyone. Andrew wasn't cheating on her, but she was afraid that they were still going to break up. She had opened herself up to him and was now thinking that might have been a mistake. Andrew was sharing this great thing with this girl and strangers, but couldn't share it with her.

Once they got back to the mansion and quietly got the car back into the garage they managed to sneak back in without getting caught. Kylie didn't even both changing. She just laid down on her bed and rolled over with her back to the room.

After the second part of the show, Sam walked off stage with Andrew as the applause continued. She threw her arms around him and hugged him happily. "That was amazing!"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:39 pm

Andrew did his best to finish out their show his concerns actually aiding in his voice. He knew he needed to talk with Kylie further on this and admit that he felt scared to share this with her. Hell he was never too thrilled to play in front of others but it was money and when he started everything seemed to fade away. After the show he knew he needed to speak with Sam about her feelings. Even if he were available he wasn't too keen on having a relationship with her, not that he had anything against her, quite the opposite she was a very nice girl. But if this were to take off he would want this to remain professional between them.

Not to mention the whole he was a mutant..

He smiled and accepted her hug knowing she was excited. The crowd really seemed to enjoy the show and everything was looking up. "Yeah it was." Andrew said feeling a little high from the validation. He rubbed his head feeling a bit bashful as they made their way to the back. "Thought i was slipping here and there but i dont think anyone noticed." He said looking to Sam.

"Hey um..i mentioned there was some things we gotta go over real quick." Andrew said keeping positive. "Bout us..i mean what we got going is great. And how much work you've put into this i'm.." He struggled to find the right words so she wouldn't be hurt. He had reasons not to be with her even if Kylie wasn't in the picture

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:46 pm

Sam was still elated from the show. It had been a great performance and the crowd had really been into it. She had even recognized a few people from other shows. She had pulled back from the hug to let Andrew talk. She really liked Andrew and wanted to be with him. She felt that they made a good team and clearly he hadn't even told his other friends about this. That spoke volumes to her.

She wanted to just kiss him so badly. She could suddenly sense that this conversation wasn't going to go the way she wanted it to, but she could sense a little hesitation. She suddenly decided just to go for it and she wrapped her arms around him and kissed him rather deeply.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:14 pm

Andrew was really trying hard to think of a way to make this work in a way that their friendship and work wouldn't be impacted. He blamed himself maybe he was leading her on and he wasn't aware of it? He certainly was going to say it has nothing to do with her but it was on him because that never works in sparing peoples feelings. Stay with the professional thing and the mutant thing those two alone should..

Andrews mind went blank as Sam just kissed him. He didnt have too much experience with kissing Kylie being his primary practice partner but Sam was...well she wasn't better or anything just different. Wake up! His mind screamed at him and he pulled bakc, probably not as fast as he should ahve. "Woah ok.." His eyes sparked obviously her kiss had an effect on him.

"I like you Sam..i really do." He said trying to catch his breath. "I think we need to keep this professional." he said quickly. "Not to mention..hell Sam i'm a homeless mutant. You can do way better than me." he reasoned

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:19 pm

Sam took notice that Andrew didn't pull back right away...he didn't kiss her back either, but she was thinking he wanted to. She had him with his back against the wall and her body still against him. She wasn't going to let him go very easily, that much was clear.

"Andrew, just shut up. I don't care about any of that...and you aren't homeless anymore. Does this have something to do with that blonde I saw you talking to earlier? I mean if you truly cared about her you would have told her about this, but you didn't." She lowered her voice into a sexy whisper. "Come on...just come back to my place tonight and let's have some fun."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:28 pm

Once his faculties cleared Andrew realized the predicament he was in. How the hell did we get into this position he thought to himself. Pinned against the wall gave him a slight thrill much to his annoyance. He didnt need to learn new things about himself at the moment. Sams words did hit him about what he kept from Kylie. Yeah he didnt share everything with her but this he probably should have mentioned to her. Just that fear of inadequacy..

"I won't..lie to you Sam there is a part of me that wouldn't mind that." He said. He did find her attractive and he had known her for quite a bit of time. "My reason for telling her are pretty dumb in hindsight and you're right i should ahve told her." he said. "Sam i'm seeing that blonde.."

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:36 pm

Sam just shook her head and sighed and pulled away. She crossed her arms over her chest and looked at him. "You can't honestly tell me that you think that girl is better for you than me? We have history. What has that girl done for you?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:50 pm

Andrew wasn't liking the path this was taking and didnt want to lose his friendship with Sam over this. He breathed out trying to think of what Kylie did for him. A part of him felt that it wasn't fair to Sam as he was confident she would have nursed him back to health. "She grew up like me.." he said. to him Kylie was someone he could relate to, someone who could look into his soul and not flinch and still love him. "Sam i've done..i'm not a good a person Sam and i can tell her things that i cant with anyone else." He realized then how much Kylie must have been hurt then.

He breathed out hating himself. "i can't replace you Sam and i wouldn't want too. if i wasn't blind i would have noticed how you felt about me and i would be able to explain it better. I cant be that guy that you need."

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:58 pm

Sam was rather embarrassed, hurt, and angry now. She had put herself out there with Andrew and had expected different results. She hadn't expected him to turn her down, not after everything they had been through.

"I can't do the shows anymore with you then Andrew."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:16 pm

Andrew was surprised by what Sam told him. He was hurt but he figured shew as hurt as well. He hadn't meant for this to happen and he meant what he said that he coudln't replace her. They had a history just fate had something else in mind. He wanted to argue with her that they could work through this but this was her shows and honestly she had done more legwork than he had.

Tears welled up but he nodded his head, "yeah ok. I...understand." He said looking to the ground. He sniffed, "I'll..just make my way back." He said taking off the hat and jacket. "Thank you for loaning me this." He said placing it on a nearby chair. He turned and made his way out opting to walk back to the park where he would decide if wanted to head back to the mansion. He didnt ask about his share of the money

OOC: this could be why Andrew leaves the mansion if Kylie doens't take him back

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:20 pm

OOC-I wasn't planning on having her break up with him. She's going to be upset and I think he will need to tell her why he didn't tell her about the music.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:13 pm

Andrew eventually made it to the park where he decided to rest for a while. His feet were aching as it was quite some distance of a walk he had completed. KNowing he still had a way to go he felt a rest was in order. Thinking on the events that transpired he felt a bit lost. He knew he needed to confess his fears to Kylie on why he didnt share this particular talent. And one day he hoped he would make this up to Sam as well. He laid on his back on the bench teling himself to rest for another few moments..

Andrew woke shivering and cold as the mornings early light began to crest. "You fell asleep.." He groaned getting himself up. He figured it was past late at night and just early as hell morning and began to sprint back to the mansion hoping to sneak in before the teachers would get up to start breakfast.

Meanwhile Kimo had gotten up early and was sad to find Andrew hadn't returned. He wasn't sure what was going on but didnt want to cause more problems by reporting his absence. So he walked down o the kitchen to find Ethan sitting there with a cup of coffee. Didnt look like he slept well. "Early morning?" Kimo asked.

"Couldn't go back to sleep, sneaking out and sneaking in put me at edge. Fun night huh?" Ethan asked thinking next time they needed to plan out an actual fun evening in the city.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:28 pm

Kylie didn’t sleep well or really at all to be honest. She just laid there staring at the ceiling and trying to figure out how to fix things with Andrew. She really liked him and didn’t want things to end. She was just hurt that he hadn’t shared this with her, but she could also understand why he hadn’t. Things like that were very personal. She just hoped that he felt he could share those more personal things with her.

After a while she just decided to get up. Eden was still asleep so she quietly dressed and put on an oversized black sweatshirt. She pulled her blonde hair up into a messy ponytail and then walked downstairs. She could hear talking in the kitchen but she headed outside to sit on the front steps.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:26 pm

Andrew was panting heavily as he made it to the gates to the mansion his clothes wet.. He walked up to one of the brick pillars that he used to climb in and out of. He took a breath and leapt up catching the lip of the pillar. Grunting he slowly pulled himself up, normally he woudn't have too much of a problem but he had spent most of his energy running her. He took a few gulping breaths and finished pulling himself up.

Knowing he needed to get moving he climbed over the top of the fate but slipped and fell within Kylie's view. He landed on his back causing no real bad damage but man he was not happy with the last 24 hours. He stared up the sky some tears dropping from his eyes. "Just get up.." He told himself that survival instinct screaming at him to rise. He began to pull himself up to find a place to hide out and rest for a while. At the very least he could say he was outside in the morning and no one noticed him

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:57 pm

The movement caught her eye. As she looked up she saw Andrew attempting to climb up and over the gates. Suddenly, he fell backwards onto the ground and out of her view. She got up and rushed over to the gates and looked at him through the bars. Her expression was one of worry and concern.

"Are you alright? Where have you been all night?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:26 pm

Andrew took a few breaths seeing his chest rising and falling she coudl easily deduce that he had been booking it back and forth. And how wet he looked he must have been outside all night. "I stopped the park to do rest and do some thinking and i drifted off to sleep." He admitted. He groaned getting himself back up. His legs were still screaming at him.

He straightened up and looked to Kylie, didnt seem he had any last damage. "Sorry to worry you, i'm alright." He said. He took a few breaths and attempted to climb up the gate. He grunted as he finally pulled himself up and over the fence. Soon as he landed next to Kylie he just laid down on the grass getting off his legs.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:31 pm

Kylie was glad to know that Andrew wasn't seriously hurt. She was rather upset to know that he had spent the night sleeping in the park. She hoped he wouldn't catch a cold. When he began to climb back up and over the gates she stood back and watched him as he made it over this time and landed down beside her. She was quiet for a while before she took a seat next to him in the grass.

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have gotten so upset last night. You have every right to keep something so personal to yourself. I just want you to know that you can share those things with me if you want to."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:23 pm

Andrew relaxed and looked up at the sky too tired to care about the growing anxiety. It just felt like he was going to fall into it but his legs feeling like lead kept him grounded. He heard Kylie apologize and he spoke up, "I should have told you abut it, i was just afraid." He admitted. Despite this he felt it best not to bring up with transpired with Sam, at least for now.

"I'll try and be more open with you, i dont have many secrets to be honest. that was the biggest one i have. Mason..would teach me how to play and sing when i was younger. would practice every day at it. When Sam approached me about doing shows i figured it would be easy money..less risk than mugging or stealing."

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:51 pm

Kylie listened to him and decided against asking him about Sam. She was sure he hadn't done anything. She felt she could trust him in that regard. She crossed her legs under her and picked at a blade of grass.

"I write poetry and I haven't shown that to you so I really can't talk. I want to show it to you though and I really do want to hear some of your music. I think it's amazing that you can play and sing. I'm sure you're really good at it."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:15 pm

Andrew closed his eyes feeling a bit more rested. He didnt feel so hot and he knew he was going to need more sleep at some point. He thought of Sam and tried to think of ways of making amends. He opened his eyes when Kylie admitted that she wrote poetry. He had never read the stuff but knew what it was. Wasn't too different from what he did.

"That would be nice." He said open to the idea of hearing her stuff. When she brought up wanting ot hear his music he felt a pang in his heart. He didnt own a guitar as Mason's was destroyed a while back, he merely borrowed Sam's during their shows. And he wasn't sure if he had it in him to play or sing. "some people seem to think so." He said lacking confidence.

He looked back to the mansion, "I take it you guys managed to sneak back in without a problem?"

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:20 pm

Kylie nodded a little when Andrew asked if they were able to sneak back into the mansion without a problem. "Yeah, we didn't get caught. Professor Xavier may have known what was happening. He seems to know everything. I couldn't sleep after we got back so I pretty much just stayed up. I guess we should head back though."

OOC-Seems like this is winding down. Where did we want to go from here?

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:37 pm

OOC: Good question. should we expand a bit on Ethan and Eden maybe? Focus back on Storm and Forge? I'm just throwing couples out there dont really have any plot points coming to mind. will start brainstorming.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum