New X-Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place of His Own

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A Place of His Own - Page 2 Empty Re: A Place of His Own

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:24 pm

OOC-I would imagine that Kylie and Andrew would be present for at least part of the conversation.

Black Widow
Admin

https://new-x-men.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:36 pm

OOC: alrighty

IC

the next morning Xavier had Logan, Kylie Andrew and Sabella meet with him in his office to discuss the events of the prior night. Andrew was slow to rise not really wanting to deal with the adults. Well that wasn't entirely true he just didnt want to see Logan. He was fearful of Xavier so he pulled himself out from under the bed got dressed in what he had and headed to Xavier's office.

Charles had already gotten his office prepped for the guests and would hope to have a productive peaceful meeting. Logan arrived soon and took a seat giving out morning pleasantries to Charles. Xavi

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:42 pm

Kylie had spent a good deal of the night awake, just thinking about everything. It bothered her that Logan didn't like Andrew. Logan was like a father to her and she didn't want to disappoint or upset him, but she liked Andrew. She saw past his rough exterior and knew beneath it all he had a good heart. He just had had a rough start in life like she had and if she deserved a second chance then so did he.

She ran into Andrew at the top of the stairs and she stopped him before they went down. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry for causing you problems last night. I only meant to close my eyes for a minute or two."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:33 pm

Andrew had thought of just leaving last night, just grabbing what he could and just going. He was well again, for the most part, and it seemed he was causing problems just existing and Logan's words about his future still hung with him. But he really liked Kylie and Hank was a nice enough guy. So he stayed. Still trying to wake up he felt someone touch his arm before he got to the stairs. He shook his head when Kylie apologized, "It's okay, didnt think it would cause a fuss if you fell asleep on the bed." Andrew said.

"Sorry it got you into trouble, i should have just slept on the floor." Andrew said admitting he chose to sleep next to her. It was an innocent gesture as he knew sharing body heat was a survival thing in low temperatures. Well at first, he knew he missed Kylie once everyone left but wasn't sure if he should admit that to her.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:43 pm

Kylie glanced at Andrew when he admitted to choosing to sleep next to her. She actually couldn't help but smile at that. "I actually liked feeling your body against mine," she now admitted to him. "It gave me a sense of comfort that I haven't felt in a very long time."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:54 pm

Andrew was glad Kylie didnt seem to mind him sleeping next to her. He didnt think she minded considering she hadn't struck him. "it was nice having you close by." He said. His reaction at first again was of safety for himself and Kylie. "Guess we wont be doing that again anytime soon." He said seeing as the others were vehemently against it. After another moment of chatting they headed down the stairs and straight to Xavier's office to get the meeting over with.

Xavier had gotten Logan to relax by the time the teens had arrived and as soon as the door opened up he could sense LOgan tense up. "Good morning Kylie and Andrew. Please have a seat." Xavier said in his warm tone

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:03 pm

Kylie followed Andrew downstairs and into Professor Xavier's office. As soon as she walked in she could sense Logan's tension. She glanced at him, but felt it best not to say anything for the time being. Sabella had done all she could to calm Logan down the night before, but as soon as Andrew walked in she knew all that hard work was gone. She was just glad that Logan didn't hit him.

Kylie took a seat next to Andrew and looked at Professor Xavier. "This isn't Andrew's fault. I was helping Andrew get settled into his new room and I got tired and closed my eyes. It was only supposed to be for a moment. Nothing happened between us."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:32 pm

Xavier held his hand up when Kylie immediately went on the offense. "I belive all neutral parties have agreed to that assessment and this was just a misunderstanding." Xavier said. "Be that as it may the extension of the curfew was granted to assist Andrew is acclimating to his new surroundings." Xavier said. "Even though it was innocent and not ill intended this exception was broken." He said. Andrew kept quiet as did Logan as neither one of them wanted to interrupt. Well Logan did whilst Andrew didnt want to cause more problems.

"I feel that the usual punishment will have to be assigned for breaking curfew." Xavier said. which was just a week of extra kitchen duties. "While Kylie you are a legal adult you still have to abide by the rules within the mansion." He said. He pointed out Kylie specifically as they weren't sure of Andrews actual age. Xavier was confident he was round the same age as Kylie but it would be difficult to prove with the information they had.

"With that matter attended to normally i would inquire as to the nature of this relationship but truthfully that is not our business. I only encourage the two of you to make good choices." Xavier said.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:42 pm

Kylie opened her mouth to argue against the punishment, but a look from Sabella told her that would be unwise so she didn't say anything. She sat back in her chair and glanced at Andrew. She hadn't ever asked him his age. She always just assumed he was around the same age as she was, but now she was curious as to the answer. She decided she would have to talk to him about that later on.

She was starting to feel rather defensive regarding her relationship with Andrew and she decided it was no one's business but theirs what the "nature" of it was. "Can we go now?"

OOC-For half a second I was thinking that maybe Andrew and Kylie should actually both leave the mansion together...but I'm afraid that will just cause unnecessary problems.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:54 pm

OOC: oh it might, i think Andrew would feel more guilt as he'd be proving what Logan has been saying the whole time. STill working on the other board on a start for the trio and Sam

IC:

Xavier could tell Kylie was getting agitated and Andrew seemed to have checked out. He was coming from living his way for so long without supervision that he was having difficulty accepting authority. "Yes i think may be best." Xavier said dismissing the pair. Andrew kept his head down and followed Kylie out into the hall. Xavier sighed as the door closed and Logan just crossed his arms.

"So thats it?" Logan started.

"Unfortunately yes Logan. Kylie is an adult and is free to choose how to live her life. If she chooses to be with Andrew there is unfortunately little we can do." Xavier said.

Andrew scratched at the back of his neck as he walked alongside Kylie for a bit. He felt that he was doing more harm than good and Logan's words were still ringing in his head. "Maybe..maybe i should go back. I mean you were doing fine here before i got carted in." He said giving her an out. He didnt want to go back to being alone but he could tell Kylie was upset and just wanted her to be happy again

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:05 pm

Sabella watched as the pair left the room and sighed a little. She didn't want either of them to feel unwelcome here, but there were rules. Kylie, while technically an adult, was still considered a student at the mansion, Andrew as well. And there were rules in place for the students. Andrew didn't appear to have had much authority in his life, while Kylie had had too much. If they weren't careful this was a recipe for disaster.

"Logan, give Andrew more time to get adjusted to the mansion and I'm sure your feelings about him will change."

Kylie walked with Andrew out of the study and down the hallway. She had her arms crossed over her chest as a multitude of feelings washed over her. However, when Andrew outright stated that perhaps he should leave she stopped and looked at him. "No...Andrew please don't leave. I want you here. We'll...work through this. We'll figure something out. Please, just stay."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:25 pm

Logan looked to Sabella when she asked he give Andrew more time to adjust. He doubted he'd ever like this kid. Logan rubbed his eyes not liking this situation one bit. "You run the risk of alienating Kylie Logan. For her sake you will have to make an effort, if the worst should occur you have needed to be supportive of her." Xavier advised.

Logan groaned but knew he wasn't going to win this. "Fine, i'll..lay off for now but i swear if i catch them..."

"The curfew will be enforced strongly around those two. Despite everything a violation of trust did occur and we will treat this like anyone else." Xavier said.

Andrew looked to Kylie just feeling a bit awkward thinking she would take him up on that. He was surprised when she asked him to stay. But still he was causing problems for her in her life. Logan just seemed to despise him and he didnt want to drive a wedge there. He looked to Kylie hesitating a little bit but he agreed to stay. "Ok Kylie, i'll stay." He said giving his word. "So we have to clean the kitchen then? that doesn't seem so bad." Andrew said changing the topic

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:42 am

Sabella nodded in agreement with Professor Xavier and then looked at Logan. "We also need to remember that Kylie has really not had very much freedom in her life, between her father and Dr. Howe. She's going to make mistakes, like anyone else, and will learn from them. She's not going to be happy having someone else controlling her life Logan. Be there for her, be supportive, but don't try to control her."

Kylie was glad when Andrew agreed to stay. She liked Andrew and she knew that his life out there on the streets wouldn't be a pleasant one. She gave a little nod when Andrew pointed out that the kitchen duty wouldn't be so bad as a punishment. She didn't realize it, but she had started rubbing at the 19 tattoo as she remembered other punishments she had received.

"Yeah, it could be worse...much worse."

Then, realizing what she was doing she immediately stopped and glanced away before looking back at Andrew. "So, how old are you?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:53 am

Logan didnt necessarily want to control Kylie he just..she was already grown but he didnt want her to just leave him. He had grown close to her and now she was becoming more independent so quickly and he wasn't ready for it. Xavier could sense that anxiety, "Kylie truly enjoys being here, she's not going to disapear on you Logan. I would follow Sabella's advice." Xavier said with complete faith in her words.

Andrew knew going out in the streets was just more trouble and a much harder life but it was something he knew. In this place everything was new and he felt like he was failing every day. He took notice of Kylie rubbing her tattoo and felt bad for mentioning it a while back. He looked up when Kylie asked him about his age and he went quiet as he thought about it.

"Dont know." He said with a shrug. "I dont really remember a time in my life that could be called normal. Wait thats not true i do remember a home..a fireplace but not much else." He said admitting that he may have been homeless for a great deal of his life. "I dont really know, never really thought about it." Andrew said. Hadn't even celebrated a birthday either, what would the point be it would just be a guess on a date.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:21 pm

Kylie couldn't imagine not knowing her age or birthday. It would bother her not knowing. It also caused her to realize that Andrew must have been homeless for most of his life. They both had had pretty shitty lives up until now and she hoped that this would be a turning point in their lives to something better.

"Well, since you don't know when your birthday is just pick a month and a date and that will be your new birthday. You can also decide how old you want to be. You look to be about my age, which is 18, but if you want to be 19 you could be that. You get a fresh start here."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:25 pm

Andrew hadn't thought of his birthday, wasn't like they could celebrate it like a normal one anyway and when he was on his own he had more pressing matters to look after. "It's ok, i dont need a birthday." He said not wanting to add that as a problem. He looked the way they came when she mentioned a fresh start. "yeah..."

"Guess i should get back to studying then before we have to work on chores. Oh whens your birthday?" He asked.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:29 pm

Kylie wanted to press the birthday matter, but decided against it at this moment. If he wouldn't choose a birthday then she would choose one for him and surprise him. She had never had or attended a party before and she could only assume that he hadn't either so it would be fun for the both of them.

When he asked about her birthday she looked at him. "May 23rd."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:33 pm

Andrew made sure to remember that date, he assumed Kylie enjoyed birthdays otherwise why would she ask him about his own? What he would do he had no idea but he had time. He stretched a bit still needing to wake up. "So before i get sent to go study want to go get some breakfast?" He asked.

OOC: Anything else want to cover this morning. think its too early for Logan and Xavier to start worrying about the two of them actually sleeping together

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:54 pm

OOC-There's probably nothing else. We can jump to when Kimo gets back if you want. I was also thinking about Storm and Forge and I was thinking it might be interesting if they actually were in a very serious relationship at one point, but then broke up and haven't seen each other for a long time, but then Forge has to come back to the mansion for some reason. What do you think?

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:04 pm

OOC: oh yeah i'm up for Forge and Storm. I'll start thinking of ideas on why he's returning, feel free to beat me to it lol

IC:

For the next few days the mansion was getting prepped for a welcoming party for Kimo. It was obvious everyone liked the young man a great deal. For Kylie and Andrew their days were filled with studying, cleaning and some training. Though Andrew was reluctant to go into the danger room and wasn't sure if he wanted to be an X Man whatever that was. He knew it was important to Kylie so he tried and went along with things.

The day came and Kimo found himself in front of the doors at the mansion, utterly jet lagged and exhausted. He was actually a good number of hours earlier than anticipated. It was a last minute idea he had thinking it would make a fun surprise for everyone! Course he regretted it as he was exhausted. The cab took off and Kimo took a second to compose himself and opened up the front door dragging his things inside. "hello!" He called out

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:16 pm

OOC-Maybe an upgrade to the Danger Room?

IC-Kylie and Andrew spent a good amount of time together studying, cleaning, and training. Neither of them complained about the kitchen cleaning duties. They made the best of it and it wasn't so terrible. Kylie also spent time with Logan. She knew he was upset about her relationship with Andrew, so she tired to slip in a few good comments about Andrew during each of their outings. She hoped to break the ice between them since they both meant a lot to her.

Jade was happy that Kimo was returning to the mansion. He had been gone all summer and she was looking forward to having her friend back. While he had been gone she had done a lot of thinking about him and had realized that her feelings for him were deeper than just friendship. She decided she was going to eventually tell him and she felt that he might have the same feelings for her.

When Kimo walked into the mansion he would find it rather quiet. However, he might detect some talking and other sounds happening out in the back. If he walked out there he would see tables being set up with food and drinks. There were decorations and balloons and Jade was using her powers to put up a some string lights for when it got darker. She suddenly sensed him there and looked over at him in surprise. He was early!

"You're not supposed to be back for a few more hours..."

Kylie was standing next to Andrew putting out other decorations and she suddenly just smiled at Kimo. "Surprise!"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:35 pm

OOC: And you win

IC:

Kimo was a bit surprised as to how quiet it was. In fact it was a little creepy going from how loud his home was to this. He placed his bags down and thought he heard chatter from the backyard. Placing his hands in his pockets he walked to the back and he smiled seeing the decorations. Oh they were getting ready for a party! wonder who its for he thought happy to come back to a celebration. He opened the door and stepped outside watching the others put on decorations.

He even stepped out of the way as the door opened and Kylie and Andrew came out with another box. He heard Jade's voice and he looked over at her. His black hair had grown a little longer and there were some highlights to it. He gave her a wave and his smile grew bigger as Kylie greeted him with a surprise. "Hi everyone." he said happily.

Andrew looked to Kimo remembering him now. Oh he just wanted to go hide out in his room but there was food here.

"Umm..can i help?" Kimo asked wanting to be helpful. Andrew looked to Kylie.

"I'm going to end up zapping him again.."

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:40 pm

Kylie looked over at Andrew when he said he was going to end up zapping Kimo again. "You had better not. He's your roommate now. I'm sure...you'll get used to him."

Jade walked over to where Kimo was. "No, you can't help. This party is for you and you would have been surprised if you had actually shown up when you told me you were going to and not three hours early."

Of course she wasn't really all that mad at Kimo and she slowly smiled at him. She took notice of his hair and quite liked it. "Well, give me a hug!"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:08 pm

Andrew watched Kylie when she thought about Kimo's chances to avoid being zapped. He helped place the box of decorations down having promised to help decorate. It was a ploy to spend time with her without anyone giving them any guff over it in a more relaxed manner other than chores. "If you say so..after this i should go up to my room and read some more." He said his anxiety starting to get to him.

Kimo looked to Jade when she informed him the party was for him. "Oh sorry! I wanted to surprise everyone>" he said with a laugh rubbing his head. He saw Jades smile and had figured she wasn't really upset with him. He wrapped his arms around Jade and lifted her up in a hug and spun. "Hiya Jade." He said happily. After placing her back down he looked to the others and smiled, "Hey everybody!." he said. The rest of the guests laughed and welcome Kimo home coming over to greet him.

Someone turned on the radio and asked Andrew if he could grab some of the coolers to bring out. They figured they'd get the party started a bit early. One of the younger students rushed over to Kylie, "Do you think you could ask Logan to start cooking early?"

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:22 pm

Jade hadn't been expecting quite the exuberant hug, but laughed and smiled as he lifted her up and spun her around. Just feeling his firm chest against her body caused her cheeks to flush slightly. She wanted to talk to him some more, but quickly other people came over to talk to him and so she stepped away to allow them to do so. She caught his eye and gave him a little smile before walking off to take care of a few other things.

Kylie was glad to get to spend time with Andrew. They hadn't really been able to get away from the mansion together to have a real date yet, but she enjoyed any time she got with him. They were getting to know one another better and relax more and more around each other. There had been a fair amount of kissing, but nothing other than that. She put out a few more decorations and looked at Andrew when he mentioned going back up to his room soon to study some more. She gave a little nod, understanding why he really wanted to go back up. "Of course."

She watched as Andrew went back inside to bring out one of the coolers and she was quickly approached by a younger male student who wanted her to ask Logan to start cooking early. He was about 12 and clearly intimidated by Logan. She gave him a little smile. "Of course." She took his order and then approached Andrew, who had come out with one of the coolers. "I'm going to have Logan fire up the grill early. Would you like for me to bring you up something to eat?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum