New X-Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing You

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Missing You Empty Missing You

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:35 pm

Jade was exhausted. She had taught several classes that morning and early afternoon, then had a meeting with her uncle, and then had run through a pretty rigorous Danger Room exercise by Hank. By the time she got to her room she collapsed face first onto her bed. Having forgotten to close the door she lifted an arm up and gave a motion towards the door. The door moved on its own and closed firmly. Being the niece of Charles Xavier granted Jade a few perks, the best one being getting her own room. Not to mention the fact that she had lived in the mansion since she was 3. She knew every inch of the mansion and it's surrounding grounds. Most of her memories of the mansion were good, but there were a few dark spots...

Jade had been 3 years old when her parents had been killed in a car accident in Vermont when a truck driver lost control of his semi and collided with their car. Thankfully, Jade had not been in the car at the time, otherwise she would likely have died as well. Jade was first placed with her paternal grandparents, but when the toddler began to move objects with her mind they quickly called Charles Xavier and he was granted full custody of his niece. She came to live with him at the mansion and it was then discovered that she had very powerful telepathic and telekinetic powers. She had been the youngest known mutant in the world. It was difficult to train a toddler and so many incidents happened early on, nearly resulting in Jade being taken away from Charles by the government. As she got older her trainings increased, but her powers could still slip up on occasion.

Jade slowly rolled over and looked over at a picture on her beside table. It was a picture of her with Kimo. She and Kimo had become instant friends when he first came to the mansion and she always missed him when he went back to the island. She hadn't heard from him in a couple of days so she picked up her phone and dialed his number.

Black Widow
Admin

https://new-x-men.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Missing You Empty Re: Missing You

Post by VoltKimo Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:17 pm

Kimo was a strange case when it came to the mansion. While his home island were accepting of mutants his father thought attending the mansion would broaden his world view and enrich his life. While Kimo was happy to visit a new place he would get a terrible case of homesickness which only Xavier knew about due to Kimo's outward personality. He came from a large family with plenty of cousins and his own siblings and not to mention his love with the ocean...

He was a very humble and well mannered teen and was quick to make friends. He always seemed to have a smile on his face and was a good shoulder for someone to rest on. When it came to Kylie he was quick to try and get her to smile all the time. With Jade he always tried to get her to relax a bit more, she seemed to work too much all the time.

As always when he went home he would go searching for things to bring back as gifts. He found a beautiful shell during his deep dives and thought Jade would like it a great deal. He was busy cleaning the shell whilst his brothers and sisters chatted around him in the living room as the phone rang. The youngest of the Alana siblings ran over to the phone and picked up and in a sweet voice that an 8 year old could muster, "helloʻo wai kēia" (hello who is this?)

OOC: still debating the second guy for the actress but haven't gotten anything concrete, was toying with the idea of Marco to be lazy but i'm leaning towards no. Also thought of Kurt Wagner.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:25 pm

Jade listened to the phone ring a few times as she righted herself on her bed and sat up and against the pillows. She had a special clock on her phone to let her know what time it was on his island so she wouldn't call when it was too early there. She knew it was mid afternoon and hoped Kimo was around. She smiled when she heard one of his siblings pick up. Kimo talked about his siblings and cousins quite a bit and it made her wish that she had a sister or brother herself.

"Aloha! Keia mea Jade. (Hello this is Jade) Is Kimo there?"

OOC-I'm thinking a non canon character would be better.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:44 pm

OOC: alright so im thinking his mutation is a sonic scream.

IC:

Kimo's youngest sibling listened to Jade and gave a simple Uh huh and placed the phone down and ran yelling back to her siblings. He pushed against Kimo telling him the phone was for him and went back to trying to touch the shell Kimo had hauled out of the waters. Kimo lifted the shell up much to his brothers dismay and hauled it to towards the kitchen where the phone was.

"Aloha. Keia mea Kimo." He said studying the shell thinking it was one of his friends. Why they didnt just come over was beyond him at the moment. The more he looked at the oversized shell the better he felt about it. The gloss around it caught light in a way that caused brilliant colors to reveal themselves.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:51 pm

Jade waited patiently for Kimo to answer the phone. He had been gone for several weeks now and she missed him and was anxious to hear his voice. Kimo had a way of calming her and giving her the support she needed, especially on days when her powers weren't fully under her control. She felt like she could talk to Kimo about anything and he could make her laugh when she was upset. She smiled a little when he finally picked up.

"Hey, it's Jade."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:57 pm

Kimo's attention shifted upon hearing Jade's voice, "oh hey Jade!" he said his tone brightening a little. While he was happy to be home he did miss the mansion and the friends he made. He looked to the clock trying to figure out what time it was. Seeing that it wasn't too late made him feel a bit better. "Sorry it's a bit chaotic over here right now, someone challenged somebody to monopoloy and money has been exchanging hands." He said figuring his money had already been stolen.

"How are you doing?" Kimo asked taking a seat

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:06 pm

Kalani, one of Kimo's female cousins was standing in the kitchen getting something to drink when he answered the phone. She was about his age and noticed immediately his change in demeanor when he realized it was Jade. She had of course heard about her and she grinned at him and made playful kissing noises to tease him.

"Well, it sounds like you guys are having fun," Jade said with a smile. "I've been alright. Had a bit of a bad day with my powers a few days ago, but the incident happened here at the mansion thankfully. Hank had me run through a Danger Room simulation a little while ago. It wasn't the same without you there."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:18 pm

Kimo noticed Kalani mocking him and his eyes narrowed at her teasing. He waved his hand at her doing his best not to make any noise. He had nothing but noble intentions and hadn't really delved into any romantic ideas about Jade but he didnt need the kiss teasing. He did his best to pay attention to Jade as she went on about her day. He felt bad that she ahd a bad day and wished he could be there to improve her mood.

"I'm sure you did fine in the simulation though." Kimo said being positive. "so are you just resting for the evening. You're not pushing yourself too hard." He said hoping that she was ok

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:26 pm

Kalani laughed a little, but finally stopped. She grinned and shook her head as she took her her drink and walked out of the kitchen. Jade was glad she could talk to Kimo...even if it was for just a little while.

"Yeah, I did fine in the simulation, but I like having you as my partner," she told him honestly. "I think we work really well together as a team."

She reached over and picked up her water and took a sip. "Yeah, I'm just relaxing tonight. Today was a busy day so it's going to be junk food and Netflix tonight. So, what have you been up to?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:55 pm

Kimo knew Kalani was only teasing but was glad when she left him alone. Now it was only a matter of time that he was talking to Jade would spread to the rest of his family. "Oh come on you're the strongest about you're good on any team." Kimo smiled complimenting Jade. He thought of hwat he had been doing lately.

"Well im still trying to break my free dive record, doing something surfing and keeping up with my lessons. Ohh i got a few things to bring back here soon. Think you'll like what i found ya." He said rubbing on the shell a bit. "Got some cleaning to do on it still but it looks pretty." Kimo said admitting he got her a pretty gift

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:02 pm

Jade listened as Kimo told her what he had been up to and she smiled when he mentioned bringing her back a gift. "You know you don't have to bring anything back for me Kimo, but I can't wait to see it. Oh! You know who's coming back to the mansion? Eden Wright. She just finished her movie and will be back at the mansion in two weeks."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:16 pm

"oh i had to bring stuff back." Kimo said enjoying looking for gifts for his friends. But in all honesty the shell he was bringing did stand out from the rest. He thought of Eden and was surprised to hear that she was coming back to the mansion so soon. "oh cool! I'll have to look stuff up for her movie so i can bug her about it." Kimo smiled.

"not hte best at watching movies, specially at home. Oh oh! You can help me give me a synopsis! I'll be home before two weeks we can have a chat." Kimo said

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:25 pm

Jade was looking forward to having Eden back. For an actress she was very laid back and personable. She liked just hanging out, watching tv, and eating junk food. She had been gone for almost six months to prepare and film this movie and everyone was looking forward to having her back.

Jade smiled when she heard that Kimo was coming back in less than two weeks. "Deal. So...you're really not going to tell me what you're bringing back for me?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:12 pm

Kimo rubbed at a spot on the shell and smiled when Jade asked to confirm if he wasn't going to tell her what he was bringing back. "kind of negates the whole point of a surprise. I'll give you a hint, its very colorful and a little glossy." He said. "But that's all i'll say on that, you'll just have to wait till i see you next." He said. He didnt have a date specific to when he'd return the mansion but knew it was within two weeks. His parents were happy to have him home but knew he was getting a better education in the states.

"Anything else happen while i've been gone?" Kimo asked missing the mansion and all of them.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:20 pm

Jade turned the other way on her bed and laid down flat on her back. She grinned when Kimo told her he wasn't going to reveal her surprise gift. "Well, fine...have it your way. You know technically I could look into your mind and figure it out, but I'll be nice and won't do that. Nothing really big has happened...other than Kylie and Andrew getting together. However, Logan doesn't know so they are being super secretive about it. Logan may actually kill Andrew when he finds out."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:32 pm

Kimo often forgot that Jade could read minds and hadn't thought about it when he was cleaning the gift. However he was glad she wasn't going to cheat and take a peek. If she ever were to read his thoughts Kimo was a pretty pure guy, either that or he kept his more private thoughts very hidden and buried. "Andrew and Kylie huh? I haven't really spoken to Andrew so i dont really have much to think about that." he said. He knew Kylie fairly well but Andrew rarely left the subbasement and didnt really talk with others.

First they met Andrew ended up shocking Kimo because he woudln't stop being chipper around him. "Wait how do you know about them? You didnt peek did you?" Kimo asked Jade making a mental note that he had to tease her later if she had

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:45 pm

Jade would never actually look into Kimo's mind without his permission. Her uncle had taught her never to invade someone's private thoughts since she would never want her own invaded. She shook her head when he asked if she had done that in order to find out about Kylie and Andrew.

"No, I would never actually do that. I accidentally walked in on them making out down in the sub-basement. They couldn't exactly deny it then, but I promised to keep it a secret until they were ready for other people to know...namely Logan."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:58 pm

Kimo nodded thinking it would be difficult to deny involvement being caught like that. he thought of Logan shivered feeling bad for Andrew if he ever found out. Logan just seemed a little rough around the edge. "well thats good. So i take it andrew is going to stick around then? I'll have to find him something then." He said thinking of returning to his diving spot to look for a gift for Andrew.

Kimo shifted in his chair hearing his siblings and cousins cheer and he got up. "Hang on a second Jade." he said grabbing one of his cousins to hold onto the phone. He grabbed the shell and walked to his room and picked up the phone. "maikaʻiʻoe hiki ke kau i luna." Kimo said. His cousin hung up the phone and Kimo could hear a bit better. He placed the shell down and sat down on his bed.

"Sorry was getting a bit loud. I love it here but i do miss how quiet the mansion can be sometimes. and obviously i miss all of you guys." Kimo admitted to Jade.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:06 pm

Jade had a feeling that Andrew was going to stick around now that he and Kylie seemed to be together. Nothing official had been said, but Andrew could pretty much leave now if he wanted without being stopped by Hank due to his injuries but he hadn't yet. She also knew that Kylie was working on getting Andrew out of the sub-basement and into a proper room upstairs. Hank's extra storage space had worked as a temporary bedroom, but it really couldn't be a permanent thing.

She smiled when Kimo came back onto the line. "I...we miss you too," she replied, kicking herself at her little slip-up. "Have you been having fun with your friends there?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:44 pm

Kimo noticed Jade's pause but didnt think anything of it really. "oh yeah. Been to a few parties, surfing every day. OH you'd love it here, i've had great luck with the weather." he said looking out his window to beautiful view. "Wish you could see it. "he said watching the sun on the horizon. He thought of hte parties and the people he danced with but what most stood out to him was the surfing and his free dives.

"We'll have to plan some major vacation and have you guys come down." He said lieing down. Kimo was a very fit young man with a dark tan. His dark hand had blonde highlights from baking in the sun. All in all he looked every part of a beach bum and was most comfortable in a pair of shorts and sandals.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:50 pm

Jade smiled as she thought about taking a trip to the island. "We should definitely plan that. I would love to go there and meet your family and see all the places you always talk about. We should go in the winter so we can get away from all of the snow and ice here."

OOC-I had this thought in my head that she confesses her feelings to him, but he doesn't think getting involved would be a good idea so she starts to date someone else and he ultimately becomes jealous (though that is not her aim). What do you think, or did you have any other ideas?

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:12 pm

OOC: Like right now or when he gets back? I can see him develop feelings for her when she's with someone else. Dont know what you have til its gone sort of thing?

IC;

Kimo thought of winters back in the states, "Oh right..snow i have forgotten about snow." He admitted looking back at the horizon. "I mean it gets cold here in the winter dont get me wrong but your guys winters are like out to get you or something." Kimo teased. He heard a few pounds on the door as his siblings caught wind of who was on the phone. They teased and made more kissy sounds. "Yeah i'm sure my family would love to meet you." Kimo said.

"Espcially my mom and dad, think i talk about you a bit too much round them." Kimo admitted.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:18 pm

OOC-No, this would be later on when he gets back.

IC-Jade blushed a little and smiled when he told her that he talked about her a lot to his parents. "Really? And what exactly do you say? Nothing bad I hope."

OOC-Sorry my posts are a little shorter tonight. I'm sick and not thinking straight, but glad for the distraction. Laying around on the couch all day can get rather boring.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:29 pm

OOC: gotcha gotcha, yeah im cool with that. Shake up Kimo a little bit ^_^. I'm sorry your sick hope its nothing too annoying

IC:

Kimo hadn't really gotten too detailed about Jade but her name was specifically brought up. OUt all of his friends she seemed to pay the most attention to him so naturally he spoke of her more often. And due to his mothers prodding he talked about her quite a bit. "No of course not. My dad thinks you being a telepath is cool, he did say i'd have to be on my best behavior around you all the time." He said. He was a bit naive about relationships and his parents were making assumptions about Jade since Kimo talked about her the most.

"My mom keeps asking what sort of things you like to eat that sort of thing. Kind of lied said you liked these one type of cookies, she has this ono cookie recipe that is the best." Kimo said with a smile

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:36 pm

OOC-Thanks. Hopefully I will feel a little better tomorrow and not worse.

IC-Jade didn't want to say anything to Kimo, but she felt that lately her feelings for him were shifting from being purely friendly to something more. However, she felt nervous about telling him. They were good friends after all and she didn't want to mess that up.

"They are ono huh? What kind of cookies are they?

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum