New X-Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slow Recovery

2 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Slow Recovery - Page 3 Empty Re: Slow Recovery

Post by VoltKimo Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:43 pm

Xavier could sense some tension and decided not to take too much of her time. "For the time being yes. I've made some arrangements with him at the very least so he can get back on his feet once he's healed." He said. "We talked to some length in an attempt to get to know one another. I assume Logan has already mentioned his spat with Kylie?" Xavier asked.

"apparently you're student has gifted him some books. Fine literary classics but i feel a bit advanced for Andrew. I was hoping if your talents were available for another student."

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:51 pm

"Yes, Logan did mention the fight. Apparently Kylie is rather upset, which in turn is upsetting Logan," she responded. "I think both Kylie and Andrew are healing emotionally from quite a few things and unfortunately Kylie has never really had friends before so I think she was just doing her best. And I imagine that her intention in giving those books to Andrew was not to upset him, but rather to try and give him the same kind of comfort she received from them. I am happy to teach Andrew, but I would like to teach them separately since there is some tension between them."

Black Widow
Admin

https://new-x-men.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:01 pm

"And Andrew is so fearful of being abandoned he'd rather keep people away and be alone." Xavier said. "it's likely he's aware of how important those books were to Kylie and it scared him. He has quite the collection of odds and ends and has an easy time of finding value within the smallest token." Xavier said. He nodded when Sabella asked to teach Andrew separately and kind of agreed with her. "Seeing as how we're not sure what his education level is at that is probably best. In regards to Kylie and Andrew i've spoke with Hank at Length and planing on speaking with Ororo, but what is your opinion of those two?"

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:07 pm

Sabella sat back in her chair as she considered Andrew and Kylie individually. "Well, I think that they are really the only two who can truly understand what the other one has been through in terms of living on the street. However, due to Kylie's past she seems to have a difficult time trusting men, which is why I was quite surprised when she tried to help Andrew. Perhaps the knowledge of finding someone who might understand on some level what she had been through overpowered her potential distrust of him initially. This fight though might set her back a little with him. I think Andrew is going to have to be the one to approach her, if he wants to, because I don't think she's going to try and go to him again."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:22 pm

Xavier nodded thinking a little nudge was in order. "Perhaps i'll have another word with Andrew then. At the very least to offer him some lessons. Apologies again for the interruption." He said.

OOC: should we skip to the part where Andrew apologizes lol

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:29 pm

OOC-Sure

IC-Four days had passed and both Kylie and Andrew had begun their separate, private lessons with Sabella. Sabella was able to individualize their lessons based on what they needed to learn. Each of them was intelligent, but had strengths and interests in different areas. Kylie hadn't seen Andrew since that day four days ago. She was still upset and decided she wasn't going to try with Andrew anymore. If he wanted to be left alone then so be it.

She was currently sitting alone down in the kitchen trying to do some math homework. She liked math least of all, but was at least making some progress. She had a bag of chips out next to her to snack on and a half empty can of Diet Coke. She was hoping Logan would take her out on his motorcycle later on. He had promised to do so if she finished her homework in time.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:38 pm

Andrew hadn't made an attempt to seek out Kylie since that day but after a few talks with Xavier he at least wanted to apologize. His lessons with Sabella drew him out a little bit but found new frustrations with math. He was sorely lacking in reading skills but oddly enough he was rather good with history and of course music. Mason would read to him when he was younger and had plenty of stories about the world. He had assumed the books from Kylie were some sort of slight but came to realize it was a real present. But he doubted math was ever going to be useful to him. but still Sabella was being nice so he tried.

Two days prior he began to explore outside the subbasement but rarely stayed above ground for long. Hank began to believe he was agoraphobic as whenever he was above ground he kept near to a wall. But the lessons were in the studies so Andrew did his best ot deal but found it hard to concentrate. After a lesson with Sabella he was quick to head back to the subbasement but had caught sight of Kylie. Sitting in his chair for a moment he hesitated and thought that maybe he could just go over and apologize real quick.

still on some pain medication he made his way over clearing his throat announcing he was nearby as she seemed rather busy at the moment. "I..i wanted to say..i'm sorry for the other day." he simply said. wasn't much of an apology but it was something to start with

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:09 am

Kylie was working on learning some basic algebra. She had been in school up until living on the streets and so she had basic math skills, although even those needed some brushing up. She was attempting to concentrate on a certain formula when she heard someone clear their throat. Looking up she spotted Andrew. The sleeve on her right arm had been pushed up, showing the "19" tattoo. She immediately grabbed it and tugged the sleeve back down so the tattoo was covered. She listened to his apology...or whatever it was and finally just gave a little shrug.

"It doesn't matter. It's not like you are planning to stay here."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:35 pm

And the tense awkward moment set in and all Andrew could think of was just leaving with the knowledge that at least he apologized. But something gnawed at him and he exhaled, "I didnt know about..your tattoo. If i had i wouldn't have brought it up. So i'm sorry i pissed you off and made ya talk about your past." he said.

He thought of other things he did that pissed her off and thought of the books. "and thank you for the books, once i can read them i'll start on that." He said. He didnt approach the topic of him staying. He already gave his word to Xavier that he would stay until his body was mended at the very least. He even gave his word he'd help Andrew find a place to stay.

"so..i'm sorry, i'll let you get back to math." Andrew said beginning to take his leave.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:41 pm

Kylie was quiet as she listened to Andrew. She was only half looking at him and she tried to figure out what to say. He was clearly being sincere and she suddenly felt awkward and unsure of where to go from here. She knew she needed to say something in return though.

"I...I didn't know you couldn't read very well when I gave you those books," she finally said. "I never intended for them to hurt you or for you to think I was making fun of you."

She became quiet a moment and looked down. "I've never had any friends before so I don't know anything about making friends. I guess it also didn't help that I have some trust issues with men."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:18 pm

Andrew stopped in his chair and looked to Kylie when she apologized for the book. Hearing her intentions made him feel a bit better. He didnt think she was being mean or anything, wasn't like she knew he wasn't a great reader. But he did find it surprising she had trouble making friends. Not that he was any better at it.

"not used to having people around myself." He said. He thought of what Xavier said, "found it easier to be alone, cant be disappointed that way ya know." he said.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:24 pm

"Or hurt," Kylie added. "It's actually rather strange that the first friend I made and the person I most trust at this point is Logan. He's done so much for me though that I know I can trust him. It's actually kind of a nice feeling...one that I've never had before."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:51 pm

Andrew felt a bit worse for how he treated Kylie after he heard her out. But whats done was done so he pushed it aside for now. the awkward silence began to settle in, "Yeah..guess i'll leave you to it then. Sabella's nice and all but she's not afraid to speak her mind if you forget something on your homework.." Andrew said.

"Sorry again." He said taking his leave. As he made his way t othe elevator he spotted Logan, his eye sparked once but he kept rolling on. Logan watched Andrew for a moment before stepping into the kitchen.

"Keeping busy pup?" He asked seeing Kylie had one her workbooks out.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:43 pm

OOC-where did you want to go from here?

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:03 pm

OOC: hmmm, not sure to be honest. Further bridge building between the pair. Could bring Magneto in to cause strife between the two of them.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:08 pm

OOC-Sure, do you want to start this one and I will start the one on the other board?

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3