New X-Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Of Love and Anger

2 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Of Love and Anger Empty Of Love and Anger

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:29 pm

Ororo hadn't seen Forge in almost three years. Those last moments they had spent together were burned into her memory. The yelling and feelings of anger and despair...the tears. She and Forge had first met many years earlier when Professor Xavier had invited him to to the mansion to assist with the construction of the Blackbird and had quickly fallen in love. They had engaged in an on again off again relationship for several years before he had asked her to come live with him at his facility. She had agreed, thinking that this time things would be different for them. However, when Professor Xavier requested she return to help him with the mansion, Forge refused to reciprocate her actions in going to live with him by returning to the mansion with her. Those final moments had been bitter and left her with a feeling of emptiness in her heart. He had hurt her deeply and she had never gotten over him. She refused to talk about it with anyone, but no one brought up Forge's name around her...until now. Professor Xavier had to warn her that he had asked Forge to come to the mansion to do some repairs on the Blackbird and to Cerebro. Ororo wasn't sure how to feel about seeing Forge again after what had happened and all that they had shared. Their's had been an intense and passionate relationship and deep down she still did love him.

Black Widow
Admin

https://new-x-men.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Of Love and Anger Empty Re: Of Love and Anger

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:44 pm

OOC: well fine then Razz lol. after reading this it seems rather appropriate that Ororo gets complicated romantic stuff now

IC:

Forge had thrown himself into his work the past three years. Further improvements to the Nest took up most of his time but some collaborative work with similar minded individuals helped pass the time. Leaving Ororo was possibly the hardest thing that he had ever done but felt it was best. Majority of the time in the relationship he felt he was in a competition for her attention and the mansion. His own work ate up his own time and he would often find himself alone as Ororo had her own responsibilities. They attempted to talk about this but her choosing to go back to the mansion upon Xavier's request and her asking him to follow was it.

The mansion wasn't his home even though he was a mutant. He carved out his own place and was proud of it so he didnt feel that connection to the mansion that Ororo had. Despite how much he worked however he still thought of Ororo from time to time. He even toyed with coming up with invention that would erase his memory of her..

So when Xavier contacted him requesting his assistance with maintenance on the Blackbird and Cerebro he hesitated for a moment. Going back almost guaranteed he'd see Ororo and 3 years was a long time. But it was a job and he didnt trust others to fix the delicate systems he put in place for the jet and especially Cerebro. He agreed to Xavier's request and made his way.

The long flight did not help matters for him as he kept thinking of Ororo. Despite the time and ill feelings there was a part of him that missed her. His jet arrived midday much to the excitement of the students seeing as most of them were too young for the subbasement. So seeing the backyard open up revealing the hangar was a rare occurrence. Forge lowered the jet underground landing precisely on the landing pad. Shutting the engines down he disembarked finding himself in the familiar hangar. Stepping out he spotted the Blackbird nearby and walked over.

"Been a while.." He said taking note of how nice it looked. Well at least they're taking care of the ol girl he thought. Xavier wheeled himself into the hangar upon hearing the jets and greeted Forge. The two of them chatted for a moment to catch up. He knew the students upstairs were asking a good number of questions of the adults curious about the newcomer.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:53 pm

OOC-lol

IC-Even though Ororo was the main person to pilot the Blackbird and therefore knew the jet almost as well as Forge, she was not there to talk to him about it for obvious reasons. In fact, she wasn't down in the sub-basement at all. She was upstairs in her classroom grading a few papers. She of course heard the sound of Forge's jet as it approached and closed her eyes for a moment as memories bubbled up to the surface of her mind. She could almost feel his arms around her, holding her close and the sound of his voice as he whispered into her ear passionate words of love.

Sabella, however, was down in the sub-basement with Professor Xavier. "We have a room set up for you upstairs. Would you like for me to show you to it?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:03 pm

Forge had noticed Ororo wasn't nearby and he scolded himself internally, why would she down here he thought. They didnt exactly leave on the best of terms, it was foolish to think things would be sunshines and rainbows between them. He was wanting to get the maintenance completed but knew it would take days of work even if he worked nonstop. He brushed his hair back and gave a nod at Sabella's offer.

"Yeah i got a bag or two i can stash away for now." He said. Besides the maintenance he was certain he had a few upgrades he could provide for Cerebro. Fetching his bags he began to follow Sabella and Xavier. "So..how is everyone else doing?" He asked. He was curious about Ororo but didnt want to overplay his hand.

"Well Logan has returned with young Kylie Winters. we have a new student who is slowly but surely growing used to the mansion. And Ororo is doing well." Xavier said

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:12 pm

Sabella was curious as to how Forge and Ororo might interact with each other while he was here. Forge had had quite an impact on Ororo and she had never been with anyone else. She knew that Ororo still had feelings for Forget and she wondered if he still had feelings for her.

She followed Forge and Xavier up to the main level. They parted with Xavier there and Sabella began to lead Forge down the hallway to the stairs up to the bedrooms. As they walked down the hallway they would pass by the room where Ororo was grading papers. The door was open and if Forge looked in he would see her sitting at her desk, her snow white hair illuminated by the sunlight streaming in from the window behind her. Her hair was longer than it had been when they had last been together and fell in soft waves. She happened to look up just as they were walking by and her eyes met his for a brief moment...

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:23 pm

Forge had thought of Ororo as Xavier informed him that she was doing alright. While he was stil telling himself that he wouldn't think about her his mind wouldn't let him think of anything else. The students dispersed as Xavier appeared but kept watch from a distance seeing Forge. Primarily they focused on his metal arm and leg as they walked.

walking by the open door his eyes caught Ororo. He immediately noticed the hair change and thought longer hair suited her. His own he had chopped into a more manageable cut but he had the start of a beard going. He thought of just walking on but he didnt want to cause anymore discomfort. "Hello Ororo." He greeted.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:27 pm

Sabella noticed that Forge stopped right in front of Ororo's classroom and she waited a moment to see what he would do. When he spoke to her, she decided to step away to give them some privacy. Ororo looked at Forge and he would see conflict in her eyes, but beneath it all her feelings were still there.

"Hello Forge," she finally replied.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:09 pm

Forge hadn't meant to blow of Sabella but seeing Ororo caused a flood of emotions to return. Judging by her eyes it looked as if she were feeling the same way. Quitness began to settle and he thought of asking how she had been but chickened out. "I imagine Charles was kind enough to let you know that i'd be doing some maintenance. Was hoping we can be professional and courteous to one another." He said.

OOC: So..they get alone at some point and all the stuff comes out at once im thinkin

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:13 pm

OOC-Sounds good to me.

IC-Ororo had known that she and Forge would run into each other at some point. He was going to have to stay at least a few days and they were adults so she was certain they could maintain a courteous air to each other. However, upon actually seeing him again her emotions threatened to get the better of her.

"Of course. Let me know if there is anything you need."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:30 pm

Forge gave a nod glad that at least they could be nice to one another. Oh he was planning on avoiding her as much as possible. The way he was feeling he was certain he would say something stupid. "Will do. Good seeing you again Ororo." He said as he began to walk aay to store his things in his room. His heart was aching and he felt conflicted with everything bubbling up to the surface.

OOC: I think i have the new guy sussed out background wise, still trying to get a personality together if we want him to but heads with your girl or not.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:36 pm

OOC-They don't have to butt heads unless you would like for them too at first. Also, I had this thought regarding Ororo. What if during the time Forge is at the mansion the X-Men are called out to deal with the Juggernaut and Ororo is seriously injured and brought back to the mansion and Forge sees her?

IC-Ororo sighed as she watched Forge walk away. She had tried to let her heart love again after him, but no one made her feel the way he had. She knew that his presence was going to be difficult for her emotionally, but perhaps it would be good for them to see each other again.

Sabella walked with Forge upstairs to his room. Once they were there she pointed out where the bathroom was and started to walk away to give him time to unpack, but she paused and looked back at him after a moment. "She's never gotten over you."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:52 pm

OOC: I'm not sure, i guess once we bring them in we'll see how their personalities go. as for Storm i can see Forge becoming concerned for her wellbeing and will rethink how he feels about her. Oh since its Juggernaut could also be where Andrew leaves the mansion for a bit

IC:

Forge placed his bags on the bed his mind still wrapped around Ororo. He began to unpack his tools for his own personal use when Sabella spoke up. He thought of her abilities but figured she was just friends with Ororo. "we tried and it didn't work between us. We're just not good for each other" He said looking to his hand. Opening up a panel on his wrist to make an adjustment, "She has the mansion and all of you." He pointed out. He was here only to do the task requested.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:59 pm

OOC-Sounds good to me.

IC-Ororo was Sabella's close friend and she hated seeing her unhappy. Ororo always did her best to hide it, but she knew that she missed Forge, despite their complicated past. "Just because a relationship is difficult that doesn't mean that two people are good for each other. I best most people would assume that Logan and I aren't good for each other, but we help to balance each other out."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:05 pm

Forge smiled a bit as he thought of the good times but the bad times...they were something else. "I know relationships takes hard work, i'm not a teenager Sabella." He said appreciating what she was trying to do. He looked up at the room, "But this place is a big part of her life and.." He sighed and nodded his head. "It's not for me. we coudln't overcome that strain and it began to lead to resentment. She'll be happier in the long run with someone else i think." he admitted. outside a few curious students were trying to listen in wondering who the new person was, among them was Kimo and Andrew who were simply walking back to their room after a class

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:15 pm

Sabella sighed, knowing that she was possibly overstepping a line here, but she cared about her friend and wasn't sure if Ororo would ever tell Forge how she truly felt. "She could never be happier with someone else because she still loves you. I won't say anything else because I know I'm speaking out of line here, but I just thought you should know."

She then walked to do the door. As she opened the door she saw students rush down the hallway and away from the door and she guessed that they were eavesdropping. She walked out and closed the door behind her and walked away to go check on Logan.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:22 pm

Forge watched Sabella walk away informing him that Ororo still loved him. they had said quite a bit the last time they spoke and he was certain that Ororo felt just as conflicted. He sighed and sat down and rubbed his head thinking he shouldn't have accepted the job. Once he got everything put away he began to head down to the subbasement to get a start on the Blackbird with some diagnostic work

Logan was in his room lying on his back in the bed reading a magazine. He had gotten his daily workout in earlier and hearing the jet arrive he figured Forge was back. He'd ask Ororo how she was doing but figured the nerve would still be raw considering he just got back.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:32 pm

Sabella walked into Logan's room, which she quite often shared at night anymore, and sighed a little as she sat down on the bed. She then laid back on her back and stared up at the ceiling. "I swear men are far more complicated than women."

Ororo had gone down to the sub-basement to check on a few things. She was trying to keep Forge from her mind, but found it was nearly impossible. She was thinking about her last birthday with him that he had gotten her a very special gift. It had been gorgeous silver and turquoise Native American cuff bracelet. No one had ever gotten her anything that special before and she still had it and treasured it.

She heard someone walk into the hanger and knew it was Forge before she even looked over. She wondered if she should just leave, but decided to stay...for the moment. "I assume you are going to start looking at the Blackbird. Do you need any help?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:39 pm

OOC: lol oh Sabella

IC:

Logan lifted the magazine up when Sabella pointed out that men were complicated. "Uh sure.." he said thinking that he was on thin ice and it was best for him to not cause any arguments. "Whats happened now? more teen drama?" he asked folding up the magazine.

Forge stopped in his tracks hearing Ororo's voice. part of him wanted to turn right around and focus on Cerebro but he remidned himself they were going to be adults about this. "Just figured i'd some preliminary diagnostic work. See if i can do some upgrades besides regular maintenance." He explained. "But its your ship, feel free to stick around. You'll be able to tell me of any irregularities." he reasoned walking over. He had brought a few tools with him, nothing too major for the task.

Walking over to the jet he began to remove one of the exterior panels. "So hows she been flying lately?" Forge asked in an attempt to keep a processional conversation.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:36 am

Sabella shook her head when Logan asked if it was more teen drama. "No, adult drama. Forge and Ororo. Nothing's happened, but having them both here together makes me wonder if perhaps they could work through their issues."

Ororo would tell that Forge was uncomfortable by her presence, but he didn't flee the room, which was at least something. She remembered how they used to be able to talk about anything, but now their conversations felt forced and awkward. "She's been flying alright, although I think some general maintenance would be helpful."

She was quiet a long moment before finally speaking again. "Are you still working on that new Blackbird you had been talking about?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:10 pm

Logan straightened up when Sabella mentioned Forge and Ororo. he always thought very highly of Ororo. She had originally convinced him to stay at the mansion when he frist arrived some years ago. "Remind me why did they break up again?" He asked. He didnt know much about Forge, just some tech guy as far as h knew. He was aware they were seeing one another but didnt pry into Ororo's affairs.

Forge placed the exterior panel down and began to run a diagnostic for that section of the plane. He figured the conversation would be a bit strained so might as well get some work done while he was here. "Good to know she's not behaving oddly." He said. He thought of the upgraded jet that would ultimately replace the Blackbird. "It's coming along, few years down the line i should have it ready for you all." he said. Part of delay was just the tech, there was always something new he came up with and well Xavier had always done right by him so he wanted to return the favor.

"And i got a few other projects going on for a few other organizations. Making sure to keep busy." Forge said.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:00 pm

Sabella was surprised that Logan was so interested in what he would consider gossip about Forge and Ororo. However, he did consider Ororo a close friend, as did she, and she knew he was ultimately just trying to protect her.

"They were engaged in an on again off again relationship for a while before becoming very serious. So serious in fact that Ororo left the mansion and the X-Men team to live and work with Forge at his facility called 'The Nest'. However, after a while Charles asked Ororo to come back to help him and she agreed and tried to get Forge to go with her, but he refused and they got into a huge fight and she left. That was almost three years ago. I know she still loves him though."

Ororo thought back to when she had been living with Forge and they had first started talking about the replacement for the Blackbird. She had given him a few ideas in regards to the technology needed and she was glad to know that the project was still happening.

"I'm glad you have been keeping busy. I know how you hate to be bored."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:41 pm

Logan listened to Sabella give the background for Ororo and Forge and sighed rather glad he hadn't pryed in her business. "So he's back to do some maintenance work and she still loves him." He said breaking it down. He looked to Sabella, "Well i mean, they're both adults so if they want to try again they will. if not then that's the end." He said. He took a breath being realistic about it. "Not everyone gets a happy ending Sabella, not to be a downer. In either case have you spoken to Ororo about this?" He asked wondering how much legwork Sabella had been doing since Xavier hired Forge

Forge wouldn't admit but he first took on a lot of projects to keep his mind off Ororo and eventually he just got used to the workload and kept up. "boredom is a bit of a shame, so much in the world to see and do. For me there's always something new to create." He said hooking up a few wires. He looked to his scanner as it began to do its work making sure this section of the jet was functioning within acceptable parameters.

"Saw a few new faces while i was upstairs. New students?"

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:51 pm

Sabella sighed a little when Logan pointed out that not everyone got a happy ending. She knew he was right, but it still upset her. She wasn't planning to interfere any more where Forge and Ororo were concerned. She knew that Ororo may never tell Forge how she truly still felt and decided to do it for her, what Forge did with that information was up to him, but she knew she needed to back off.

"No, and I'm not planning too unless she comes to me to talk. She doesn't like to talk about Forge and I know her emotions will be on edge with him here."

Ororo gave a little nod. "Yeah, we have several new students. Kylie is the girl Logan was looking for for two years. We finally located her in a facility in the midwest. She had been experimented on and probably tortured. Logan has become rather attached to her and protective of her. Then there's Andrew who had been living in an abandoned subway car with another gentleman who was taking care of him, but the Juggernaut destroyed his home unfortunately and he was injured so he was brought here to recover. He then became interested in Kylie and she him and so he's stayed...so far."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:09 pm

Logan scooted over to sit next to Sabella. "Well she's a proud woman and she's strong. She'll be ok." he said knowing that ultimately she would be. He gave Sabella nudge to cheer her up, "anyway i can cheer you up? I'm supposed to be the moody one." He said

Forge listened to Ororo talk about the new students. "Oh i'm sure Logan really likes that kid." He said sarcastically. When Ororo brought up that Andrew was staying so far it caught Forge's attention a bit more. "what you think he's a flight risk?" He asked setting the scanner down. He was glad they were able to find Kylie at last, he had heard about her disappearance from Hank. He faced Ororo as the conversation continued and he had to keep himself calm. She was so beautiful that it kind of made his heart ache. "Would ahve to be one heck of an event to make him want to go back onto the streets."

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:14 pm

Sabella smiled at Logan when he asked what he could do to cheer her up. "I'm fine...but you could still give me a kiss. That would make me really fine."

Ororo gave a little shrug. "For both Kylie and Andrew they've been through a lot emotionally and physically. Kylie has been able to settle into a more normal life and routine better than Andrew. We've been doing all we can to help him feel secure here, but he seems...antsy. I feel like I'm failing him a little because I don't know how to really help him."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum