New X-Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark and Stormy Night

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dark and Stormy Night Empty Dark and Stormy Night

Post by VoltKimo Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:20 pm

The next week at the mansion went rather smoothly with next to nothing really occurring. Logan had given Kylie a full tour of the facility and learned of her arrangement with Hank. He explained the existence of the X men and their purpose but made it clear that the mansion was first a haven and school. He hadn't brought up her continuing her education figuring that was a topic for some other time. For now he focused on just being there for her during the bad times and answering any questions that she may have.

One particular evening Logan had found there was a bad storm approaching. Having alerted Xavier of this they had decided to make use of one of the storage areas as a secondary room. It wasn't much but there was a nice overly cushy bed, one of the mattresses that didnt fit the bed frame for one of the older student, and some other personal effects. If it weren't for the sterile decor it woudln't be too bad a place to stay.

Logan headed back up after making sure it was furnished to fetch Kylie wanting to make sure she had everything before the storm hit. He went to her room and knocked on the door. "Hey pup you got a minute?" He called.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Dark and Stormy Night Empty Re: Dark and Stormy Night

Post by Black Widow Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:42 am

Kylie was grateful for Logan's help in getting her settled into the mansion. He was one of the very few people in this world she felt she could completely trust and she knew that he was looking out for her well being like the father she wished she had had. She was curious about the X-Men, but knew that when the time came she would possibly learn more. For now, she was happy just to have a warm bed and the freedom to move around the mansion as she pleased.

She was true to her word to Dr. McCoy, or Hank as he was insisting she call him, and went down a few times a day to check on Andrew. He was still unconscious, but she would simply sit in the room with him. Sometimes she would talk and other times she would be silent, but she found that just her presence in the room caused his vitals to improve. It gave Kylie a sense of purpose to be able to help him, even if it was in just a small way.

That evening Kylie was up in her room unaware that a storm was approaching. As Logan would well remember she was terrified of storms due to the fact that her father as locked her out in one when she was 5 years old as punishment for dropping a glass and breaking it. She had been locked out there all night with no shelter and as a result she was now deathly afraid of them. She turned off her personal tv and walked over and opened the door when she heard Logan's voice.

"Is everything alright?"

Black Widow
Admin

https://new-x-men.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:41 pm

Logan gave a nod smiling to see that Kylie was in good spirit, which made the news a little easier to give. "Well for the most part. I've got a room set up for you in the subbasement. THe reason being is a major storm is supposed to occur tonight." He said. He remembered just how badly storms bothered her so he hoped she would be alright before the storm hit.

"The subbasement is a bit sound proof id be surprised if you would hear it. Figured you'd spend the night down there at least until the storm passed." Logan explained

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:55 pm

Kylie's expression dramatically changed when Logan mentioned that a major storm was going to occur that night in the area. He would see the fear come into her blue eyes. However, she was grateful that he had remembered her fear and had already taken precautions. It made her like him even more.

"Thank you Logan for remembering. Are you sure it will be alright for me to stay down there?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:08 pm

Logan gave a nod, "as soon as I heard about the storm Chuck gave the go ahead. It's not much but its ready for you. Just grab all that you want and we'll head down." Logan said stepping back so she could collect her things. Once Kylie packed up a few items for her new accommodations Logan led her down into the subbasement.

"I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it but you do get reception down here. IF you need me for anything just send me a message alright?" logan asked. Kylie could tell the mansion was still being overly friendly with her wanting to make sure she felt welcome. And seeing how much time had passed the students and staff felt that she was going to stick around.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:19 pm

Kylie collected a change of clothes, a pair of headphones to listen to some music, and a book to try and read. Books had been one of the few items Dr. Lucius had allowed Kylie to have at the facility. Reading had been an escape for her and despite what people might think of her, she was actually quite smart and learned quickly. She was behind on her formal education, but she had learned a lot from various books she had read.

She followed Logan down to the subbasement to the room that had been set up for her to use. She nodded a little when Logan told her to message him if she needed anything.

"I will. Thanks."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:36 pm

Once Logan was certain that Kylie would be fine he took his leave leaving her to her own devices. True to his word if there was a storm raging upstairs Kylie couldn't really hear it. The subbasement was quiet except for the gentle thrum of machinery and power making a suble bit white noise. An hour later the lights flickered just for a moment and then the power went out. Just as quick as it left the auxiliary power snapped on in the subbasement with dim lights illuminating.

The storm had knocked out the local grid and the mansion was no exception. The backup generators kept the priority equipment running however. In the med room far down the hall the machines hadn't kicked off but Andrew stirred. He took a few deep breaths and reached up and pulled the oxygen mask off as his eye opened. Taking in his surroundings he assumed he was just in some hospital. Get up and leave he thought knowing if he were in a hospital police would be involved. He still felt very drugged and getting off the bed proved to be rather difficult. His legs hadnt been used on a normal basis so they were a bit shaky.

He removed the IV drip and wound a bandage over the hole. Ok just make your way to the elevator and to the street he told himself. he coughed a few times as he placed his feet on the cool floor and began to make his exit. His left leg screamed at him in pain and he limped to the counter knocking over a tray. He looked down and realized his leg was bound in a cast along with his arm. No time to think about the pain just move he thought pushing himself along the wall. He didnt want to think about why his left eye wasn't working he just limped out into the hallway using the wall as a brace as he went.

Stepping on his bad foot again sent another shiver of pain and he nearly fell saving himself by grabbing onto the railing that lined walls. Seeing the hallway was dimly lit he figured the nurses was just away. Hissing he straightened up and began to make his way along unknowingly heading deeper into the subbasement and towards the hangar.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:44 pm

Kylie relaxed on the cot and sipped her Dr. Pepper as she listened to some music and read for a while. Between the music and the depth of the subbasement she didn't hear the storm as it raged overhead and this kept her calm and relaxed. She kept thinking about texting Logan but she knew that he was spending the evening with Sabella and she didn't want to interrupt that. She liked Sabella and thought that she was a good fit for Logan. She helped to calm him down and Kylie could tell he really liked her.

She was thinking about trying to sleep when the lights flickered and then the power cut out. A half second later the auxiliary power cut on giving Kylie some light. She took off her headphones and was about to text Logan when she suddenly heard a sound out in the hallway. She stepped out of the room to suddenly see Andrew awake and stumbling down the hallway towards the hangar. She immediately called out to him as she rushed over to him.

"Hey! What are you doing? You are going to hurt yourself even more."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:49 pm

Andrew took a few more steps just resigned to just drag his bad leg behind him. He leaned against the railing and paused every so often to catch his breath. Ok its not going to be so easy getting out he thought assuming he was a few floors up. Maybe get a wheelchair and just wheel yourself out he thought nodding a little. He grunted and started up again thinking an elevator had to be around the corner somewhere.

He froze hearing someone yell at him and tried to pick up the pace. But it was a laughable effort and only caused him pain as he used his bad leg to move. "Stay away from me." he said stumbling to the ground to the ground .He caught himself with his good arm which was by now exhausted. Being bedridden had sapped his strength considerably. He tried to crawl from Kylie but seeing as it wasnt going to do any good he lifted his hand up to shock her. "Just stay back..i'm leaving, i dont want any help." He panted using his good leg to push himself along. She could there was fear in his eye and he had no idea where he was at.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:57 pm

Kylie could see Andrew try to pick up the pace and she winced when he stumbled to the ground. She didn't want him to cause any more damage to his body than was already done. She knew she needed to get Hank down here and she quickly texted Logan before getting in front of Andrew. Looking down at him she could see the fear in his eyes. She knew that fear and she didn't blame him for experiencing it. He had no idea where he was or if she was there to hurt him or not. When she saw him lift up his hand she knew he was going to try and shock her. She slowly crouched down in front of him and turned over her right hand. Andrew would see the number "19" tattooed on her inner wrist, but more importantly the reddish, pulsing ball that hovered above her palm.

"I'm like you...everyone in this building is like you. No one here is going to hurt you," she said as she slowly closed her palm, extinguishing the energy orb.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:13 pm

Andrew took note of the number tattooed on her wrist and was a bit confused by it. who inks their wrist with a number? When he went to threaten her with electricity all he could do was mark a few tiny bolts dance between his index and middle finger. A new kind of pain shot through his arm and he dropped it. All of his nerves were on edge as he was coming down from the meds and his body wasnt happy with the condition he was in. Despite this he kept a straight face still not sure if he trusted Kylie even if she was a mutant.

He had heard of some groups of mutants banding together but he never made an effort to reach out. "so where is here then?" He asked still wanting to keep his distance. "I remember someone..crashing into my home. I have to get back and make sure its fine." He said. Kylie had heard prior that his home was rather thrashed, to a point where Xavier made arrangements to have the personal effects moved her. Whatever was salvageable was placed in storage..

Logan had received the message and was trying to get Hank to open the doors and make their way down. The power had knocked out the elevators as well. All he could do was send a message to Kylie instructing her to keep him calm.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:20 pm

Kylie was glad when Andrew made no further move to try and shock her. She could only assume that with everything that was going on with his body that use of his abilities would be limited. However, she still didn't want to find out how much it might hurt.

"Westchester, New York," she replied. "More specifically, Professor Xavier's Home for Gifted Youngsters...aka a place of refuge and salvation for mutants."

Kylie felt her phone vibrate and looked down to see the reply from Logan. She responded and then looked back at Andrew. "You're badly hurt Andrew. The people who rescued you have been taking care of you." She decided not to reveal that the place had been destroyed as that would upset him. She was quiet a moment before looking at him again.

"I'm Kylie Winters by the way."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:37 pm

Andrew reached up and grabbed at the railing. He breahted out and strained pulling himself back up. The muscle in his arm strained under the weight but he manage to himself up. Well sort of up as soon as he was upright he slumped against the wall the side of his head just pressed against it as fatigue wracked him. "i'll b-be fine.." he lied. She could tell he was in pain, it seemed like every step he had taken previously was already doing a number on his stamina. In fact he wans't really moving much where he stood.

"Westchester.." he repeated trying to figure out where that was in relation to home. His eye widened as his mind pieced together a map. Oh that was one hell of a walk even if he were fit he'd be dead tired by the time he got back. he took a few breaths trying to think of what to do next but the exhaustion and pain made it difficult. "ok..Kylie..so what happens when i'm better? i can leave right? no cops?" He asked looking at her rather intently. She looked as if she had seen some things in her time true but he didnt really know if he could trust her.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:49 pm

Kylie watched Andrew and sighed. She knew better than to touch him and so she let him pull himself up, but was ready to grab him if he fell over. She stood up, hoping that Logan and Hank would be arriving soon. She didn't know what to do if this guy hurt himself.

"When you are better you will be free to leave. No one is held here against their will. I actually haven't been here long myself, but I think I'm going to stay. This is just the basement. Wait until you see upstairs. As someone who has not had a very stable life up until now I think I lucked out. Warm bed, food, cable, a giant pool in the back, and training for my powers all for the low low cost of...nothing. And I'm around people with abilities like me so I'm not called nasty names or feel like I have to hide them."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:58 pm

OOC: kind of liking the idea that Kylie is warming up to the idea of staying here. just listing all those things makes the place sound pretty good.

IC:

Andrew watched Kylie carefully looking for any tells but she seemed to be on the up and up with him. The doors at the other end of the hallway opened up and Hank swung into the hallway with grace. Andrew turend his head and just stared at the giant blue furred being. Dont think we're getting past that he thought thinking that maybe he should play nice for now. "Alright..fine dont think i can make it home like this anyway." Andrew said.

Hank noticed that Andrew was up and about and Kylie seemed to be talking with him. "Apologies, we hadn't anticipated you waking so soon. I'm sure this must be quite the shock for you." He said slowly approaching.

"Putting it lightly." Andrew said. Hank watched him slink away a bit a bit off by his appearance.

"I'll fetch a wheelchair, Kylie are you doing alright?." Hank asked. Behind him Logan made his way down into the subbasement.

"We still out of power?" Logan called.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:11 pm

OOC-Well, it's not like Kylie can go anywhere. She doesn't even know how to drive a car and she likes Logan. Compared to where she was this place is Heaven.

IC-Kylie looked over when she heard Hank approaching. She still remembered the first time she saw him herself. She didn't exactly blame Andrew's reaction. However, she knew Hank to be extremely kind and caring. She knew that he wanted to do a full examination on her, and she was thinking she might almost be ready to let him do it.

"Andrew, this is Dr. Hank McCoy. He's the one who has been taking care of you. And that guy," she said pointing to Logan, "he's nothing but a big soft teddy bear," she teased with a playful grin.

"Yeah power's still out."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:05 pm

OOC: true true

IC:

Andrews eye focused on Logan as his hazy memory of earlier was able to remember Logan fighting that giant mess of a man. Hank had fetched a wheelchair and brought it over for Andrew. "Lets get you off that leg, you have two breaks that i'd rather you not aggravate." He said. With Kylie's assistance they got Andrew into the chair much to his relief as his body was able to relax a little.

"Now it goes without saying id rather you not be up and about." Hank said. He looked to kylie and smiled at her glad that she was able to keep him from causing more harm. Andrew settled a bit still a bit unnerved by the big blue guy. Hank looked to Logan, "I'll take a look at the breakers once we get our guests comfortable again." He said as he began to push Andrew along.

Logan made his way over to Kylie taking note of how intently Andrew was looking at him. He didnt like that look much, his eye had a feral hungry look to it.. "how you holding up?" Logan asked as he walked to Kylie

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:13 pm

Kylie could see Andrew eye Logan slightly and saw almost a look of recognition. Perhaps he remembered Logan from the subway fight. Logan was difficult to forget. She waited until Hank had walked away with Andrew before answering Logan's question.

"I'm alright. Between my music and being underground with thick walls I can't hear the storm." She paused and smiled a little as she remembered something from back before she had been taken. "At least this is better than that time we were in Oklahoma and that storm came up suddenly. You couldn't get me out from under the back seat of the truck."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:15 pm

Logan remembered that day rather well. Trying to get her out from under the truck was a headache. he'd have an easier time luring a pissed off dog with some meat. "Yeah, least you're not growling at people now." He teased. He knew that Kylie spent a good amount of time down here. "So your friend is up and about, have you decided if he makes for a better companion asleep?" Logan asked

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:08 pm

Kylie rolled her eyes but smiled at Logan. He was one of the only people she allowed to tease her and it was only because she knew he cared about her and she trusted him with her life. She glanced back down the hallway at Andrew and then looked at Logan.

"Well, he has some trust issues, but that's understandable. He's rather insistent on going back to the subway though."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:18 pm

OOC: been entertaining a thought that Andrew is enticed to work with Fisk for a while. In exchange he would restore the subway station in Mason's honor. Logan finds out eventually which leads to more tension between the two. what do you think?

IC:

Logan watched Andrew for a bit not sure if he would make a good fit here. Now that was rather hypocritical given his own situation but something about that kid rubbed him the wrong way. "The subway? Wont be much there, Juggernaut saw to that. Hank had us bring as much of the belongings we could haul back, got all of it in storage down the hall." He said. He hadn't gone through any of the boxes but knew Hank had organized as much as he could.

"hoping that Hank breaks the news to him shortly, Last thing we need is that kid stealing one of the cars."

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:37 pm

OOC-I think that sounds good. We were also going to have Andrew be rather cold towards Kylie at first, right? I think we had briefly talked about maybe him saying some unkind things to her when she is just trying to help him out. Of course I would imagine that it is all a bluff on his part.

IC-Kylie sighed and nodded. "I figured as much, but I didn't want to say anything to him. I think it would be best if Hank does it." She smirked a bit when Logan mentioned Andrew stealing one of the cars. "Speaking of which, when are you going to start teaching me how to drive so I can steal one of the cars?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:47 pm

OOC: Yeah i just figure once he gets his bearings he'll be rather defensive

IC:

Logan looked to Kylie when she asked about learning how to drive. "Yeah that's not happening." He teased. Not after that little comment but he was certain Sabella would have words with him eventually. Before he could start thinking about restoring the power Hank walked back into the hallway.

"Got him to lie back down and gave him something for the pain." Hank said. He looked to Kylie, "Thank you from keeping him from moving more than he had. He could have caused himself more damage. Now if you'll excuse me i'll go and get the power reset, have a few upstairs who aren't fans of the dark." Hank said moving along. Logan looked to Kylie,

"that storm is going to be around for a bit. You going to be ok down here for the rest of the night? he asked.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:59 pm

Kylie couldn't help but roll her eyes a little when Logan vetoed her request to learn to drive. She knew he was ultimately just teasing and would teach her. She would either learn from him or someone else and she knew Logan enough to know that he wouldn't want anyone else instructing her. She would simply mention it to Sabella and let her arm twist Logan into it.

Hearing footsteps, she looked over to see Hank approaching. She was glad to know that Andrew was lying down and that Hank had given him something for the pain. As he left she looked back at Logan and gave a little nod. "Yeah, I'll be fine. I'm fine with the dark...just not the storm and down here I can't hear it. You go back to Sabella." She teased with a little wink.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:10 pm

Logan breathed out glad the subbasement shielded Kylie from the storms. It would come in handy in the future at least. He looked to Kylie when she teased him about Sabella. Things were still up in the air but there was something there. "Dont know what you're talking about pup, was relaxing in my room." He said trying to brush it off. "if you need anything just let me know." He said heading on back to the elevators as the lights began to flicker on. The dim lights grew brighter as Hank had gotten the power back on.

Andrew rested in the med room his eye sparking a few times as the lights grew a bit brighter. The pain meds were coursing through him and his pain melted away. He wanted to leave and return to the station but the distance would be too much for him on one good leg. Not to mention escaping some mansion filled with mutant didnt seem easy. Then there was Kylie who seemed to be staying down in the subbasement. Easy on the eyes but shes not gonna let you out he thought turning his head to look about.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum