The Good and the Bad

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Good and the Bad

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:52 pm

Over the past few days there was both good and bad developments. Azari and James had fully recovered and Jasmine also appeared to be recovering well, much to everyone's relief. She continued to stay in the mansion to be monitored. Her memories were coming back, but still were spotty in areas and at times she had relapses of short term memory loss, particularly at times when her stress levels rose. However, being around her husband and children helped. Matt had even had her art easel and canvases brought over so she could paint and draw. She had a quiet room where they were kept so she could retreat there whenever she needed to and paint or sketch. Ororo and Forge were even discussing the possibility of building a sensory deprivation pool or room in the mansion that would help to clear her mind during times of high stress or anxiety.

Lani had told Azari that she had informed his father that they had secretly gotten married, but they had not yet revealed this to anyone else. Thankfully, it appeared that Forge hadn't told anyone either, to which they were both grateful. However, with Jasmine back and on the mend they knew that they needed to tell everyone soon. Lani was tired of hiding her wedding ring and the diamond ring Azari had gotten her on a chain tucked into her shirt. She wanted everyone to know that they were married and how much she loved him.

Zoe hadn't spoken to Jayden since the day he had realized she was gone and come to her parent's house to see her. She had gone to her first doctor's appointment with her mother instead, but did not feel any happiness or excitement about the baby. She was too upset about Jayden and the state of her marriage. She just took the printed out ultrasound picture without really giving it a second look. Alex though had taken it and proudly shown it to Andrew. It was their first grandchild after all and she was confident that Zoe and Jayden would work things out eventually.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://new-x-men.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Good and the Bad

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:13 pm

Matt was beyond releived that Jasmine was recovering her memories. As much as he tired to explain to Jodie not to be too loud and 'extra' she was thrilled to have her mother back. Since the incident ther was no lasting harm done to Jasmine's family. He helped explain the purpose of a quiet room and made sure Jasmine had time to just rest by herself.

Forge was working on what options they had in turning one of hte rooms in the subbasement as a quiet room or just adding a sensory deprivation pool. They had a few other students who would benefit from both options so he felt it would work out if they were to do both.

Azari knew that his father would keep the secret as long as he could but hiding what they did would only cause issues the longer it was buried. At the present time his projects were slowing due to the damage to his arm but geting any work done it was slowgoing. His mind was still focusing on their decision. Sitting at one of his desks he was working on the rewiring. Leaning back from the magnifier weighed their options. "Leilani?" He called getting up to join her. "I think we should just tell our parents plainly that we got married." He said. He had thought of what others would do in their place. He envisioned James setting up a faux wedding for everyone to attend..

Andrew did his best not to upset Zoe by speaking ill of Jayden. But when Alex showed him the ultrasound and Zoe's apathy it hurt a little bit. He accepted the picture and had Alex help point out the head. He had the same problem when Alex had her ultrasound, the typical guy. He took a deep breath a look of pride and sadness in his eyes seeing their grandchild. "Alright..its been three days since hcame by. i"m just going to grab him and drag him here. He screwed up big." Andrew said.

HE looked to Alex, "But she has to forgive him, this kid is bigger than both of them." He said carefully putting the picture on the table.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:36 pm

Lani was working on some adjustments to Mariah's body suit. After some thorough testing with Mariah they had discovered a few things that needed to be tweaked. Overall, however, the suit performed beautifully. It was as thin as regular fabric, but was able to protect her from bullets. Mariah was able to move and fight as normal, while the suit closely monitored her vital signs and core temperature. Lani was immensely proud of the suit and she and Azari were already talking about making changes to the X-Men suits.

She heard Azari call out her name and she looked up from her work and saw him walk into her workspace. She was surprised by what he said. She had been expecting him to come in and ask her to perform some math equations for him related to what he was working on, but instead he calmly suggested that they just plainly tell their parents that they had gotten married. She was quiet a moment before responding. "I think that is a great idea. I'm not sure how my dad is going to react, but he can handle it. I'd rather we just got it out into the open at this point."

Alex just laughed when Andrew asked her to point out their grandchild's head on the ultrasound. She remembered over twenty years earlier when she had had to the same thing when she was pregnant with Zoe. Andrew had unfortunately not been around for any of her pregnancy with James...nor had he even known she was pregnant when Forge had put him into that coma while they searched for a solution to his sudden, rapid aging.

"I'm not sure just grabbing him and dragging him here is going to work. Has James spoken to him at all?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:41 pm

Azari had left the prosthetic back on his desk and finished buttoning up a shirt as he walked into Lani's workspace. She could tell the secret was bothering him for some time as he was working less and less often on the suits deferring to Lani's to continue on it. He was concerned her parents would be cross with him. He hadn't heard of Kimo becoming angry but that didn't mean he never got angry. And then there was Kylie, he had heard plenty of stories about her and was a bit intimidated.

"So you agree then that we should be upfront." He said confirming. He was quiet a moment feeling his heart slow from fear. He was also worried about upsetting his own mother. He was their only child and he hoped she woudln't take offense that they didnt invite or let her know about it. "Shall we head to the mansion then and break the news?" He asked.

Andrew let Alex laugh at him knowing full well it was just. He just couldn't piece together what he was looking at with these pictures. He didn't think of those days too often. They should have been his greatest moments in his life but that disease stole it from him. He even missed witnessing James birth and being there for Alex. Those days crept into his mind and he looked up at Alex. His eyes still held that same spark when they first met. "We have to fix this Alex." he said. He didn't want his daughter to live with that regret and sorrow that he had. This was supposed to be a wonderful thing.

"I spoke with James and well he's my son..." Andrew said. Which meant James wanted to rip off Jayden's head. "He's completely on Zoe's side on this..did Zoe react at all during the ultrasound?"

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:49 pm

Lani nodded a little in response to Azari's question and put away a few things before standing up. She could tell Azari was nervous about this and she stopped him and looked into his eyes. "I love you Azari and I wouldn't change a thing we did. All that matters is that we are together and no one can change that. Our parent's are going to be excited for us...just like everyone else will be."

Alex sighed a little and shook her head. "Not really. I'm guessing that this pregnancy wasn't planned and this is just bad timing. She clearly had a lot on her mind and I think she is also extremely nervous about having a baby. I mean it is a huge responsibility."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:03 pm

Azari took a few calming breaths as Lani began to put things away. For a moment he was forgetting they were adults and living on their own. He looked to Lani when she said their parents would be excited. "I'm trusting you on that." He said. They grabbed the usual things wheenver they left the house and headed to the mansion. Azari's mind was focusing on various outcomes, most of them were good, very few bad. But he knew Lani was right and that everyone would be excited for them. As they pulled into a parking spot he looked to Lani, "So how nervous are you right now?" he asked.

Andrew looked to the picture when Alex explained how it went. "Yeah it is..we managed to get by though. I'm sure Zoe will make a great mother. Just need to get Jayden back into her good graces." he said rubbing his head. "only thing i can think of is just shoving him at her and ask for forgiveness till she caves." he said. In his mind he thought of talking with Zoe about giving him another chance like Alex gave Andrew another chance many years ago. It was what brought them together to begin with

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:13 pm

Lani walked out and got into the car with Azari. She drove while he sat in the passenger seat. She could feel her wedding band and diamond ring on the chain beneath her shirt. She smiled a little when she thought about being able to wear them on her finger proudly. She glanced over at Azari as she drove and thought about that first day they had really met in the mansion when Ororo had come back. He had been so shy and unsure around her, but thankfully that had changed. He could be shy around other people, but that shyness around her had long since vanished. She felt closer to him than to anyone else she knew and it was because of him that she had gone to MIT.

Alex walked over to the refrigerator and got out the lemonade she had made and poured two glasses. She then picked up the ultrasound picture and put it on the fridge. She was excited about the baby, but wished Zoe was too. She handed a glass to Andrew.

"Do you think the other guys could talk some sense into him?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:26 pm

Azari rubbed his shoulder having missed his arm. His mind was too unfocused to think of how far Lani and he had come over the years. He could remember everything with perfect clarity if he focused but the emotions tended to come up. He remembered how alone he felt at college and how the beginning of Lani's first year was a bit bumpy. And then the christmas party where he admitted his feelings to her openly...

Heading into the mansion Azari breathed out. "well i'm terrified." Azari admitted as they made their way to the main office where he assumed his mother was working. He looked to Lani and gave a knock on the door. "I've thought of an excuse if we wish to run for it. Keep in mind i'm more concerned about my mothers reaction than i am with your parents."

Andrew thought of the other boys. Kai would keep a level head and would be a good person to try and convince Jayden to keep trying. Kamea, would probably tell Jayden to grow a pair or something along those lines. Both of them had their own children to look after so they had that on their side if they were aware if Zoe were pregnant.

"Yeah Kylie's sons could talk to Jayden. I'm not speaking to Logan for reasons. Only other person would be Azari who would probably just be blunt with him...can we ask him to help?" Andrew asked with a smile.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:28 pm

OOC-So what is the plan again regarding getting Kiara involved?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:43 pm

OOC: I'm thinking that Kai takes Jayden out for a drink and invites James to try and patch things up between those two. Kiara can spot them, think she's seen either James or Jayden before. Listens in and hears theres issues and Zoe moved out of the mansion

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:53 pm

OOC-Ok, just wanted to be sure I was moving the story in the right direction.

IC-"I'm a little nervous too," Lani admitted as they got out of the car. She walked with him up to the door and let him knock. A moment later the door opened and Kylie smiled when she saw Lani and Azari. They exchanged pleasantries and walked inside.

"Mom, Azari and I need to talk to you, Dad, Ororo and Forge if you all have a few minutes to talk."

Kylie felt herself growing rather nervous. Was she pregnant? She secretly hoped not. It was difficult enough with two infants in the mansion, but she would be happy nevertheless. "Of course. I'll go get your father. Azari, I think your parent's are in her study."

Alex took a sip of the lemonade and thought about Andrew's suggestion. "I think Kai would be a great choice to talk to him. Kai is calm and level headed and is a new father himself."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:04 pm

OOC: gotcha. Wouldn't have been a problem either way, lord knows i've thrown us off direction numerous times over the years.

IC:

Azari was as much of a gentleman as always glad that Kylie seemed to be in a good mood. So one set of parents were taken care of all he had to do was get his parnets on board. Taking a glance at Lani he excused himself to fetch his own parents. Knocking at their study door he opened after his mother gave the okay. He looked to his parents and took a breath, "Apologies for the interruption. Do you have a moment to talk with us and Kylie and Kimo? There is something we have to discuss." Azari said keeping formal as it was his norm. Forge looked to his son wondering if they were going to share the news..

or if Lani was pregnant that was also likely..

Andrew sighed thinking about Kai as he was the safe option. But looking at the picture on the fridge it was the best option. "Alright, i'll send him a message and ask him a favor. That will be the extent of my meddling." He promised looking to Alex. He crossed his arms and leaned back in the chair. "you realize i'm going to be very antsy around the house once my retirement goes through."

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:19 pm

Ororo and Forge had been discussing the details regarding a sensory deprivation room. They both agreed that it was something that would not only benefit Jasmine, but other mutants in their care as well. There was an unused space in the sub-basement that they felt would be perfect and Forge was showing her some rough plans. However, their conversation came to a halt when Azari knocked. At his request Ororo glanced slightly at Forge. She could sense her son's uneasiness and it made her wonder what he and Lani were going to tell them. She felt he would be excited if he was going to tell them that he and Lani were engaged, but not uneasy.

"Of course," Ororo said. "Would you like for us all to meet in here since it is private?"

Alex couldn't help but smile over at her husband when he mentioned his retirement. She was relieved he was retiring, but also curious as to how he was going to be spending his free-time. "You know, I think I'm more nervous about what you are going to do in your retirement versus the work you are doing now," she teased with a grin.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:27 pm

Forge put the papers back in the folder for Ororo to look over the schematics later on. His eyes focused on Azari trying to figure out if he was letting everyone know about their marriage or not. Azari was doing his best to keep a neutral look but his parents knew all of his tells and they were telling him he was nervous and not at ease. "Yes, Lani is getting her parents as we speak." He said taking a quick look down the hall. If Lani were still nearby he would wave her over.

Forge looked to Ororo and put on a smile showing support that it coudln't be anything bad.

Andrew put together a text and sent it to Kai requesting his assistance with patching things up with jayden and Zoe. He looked to Alex just hearing that little smile of hers when he brought up his retirement. "Listen, i'm..i apologize for all of the messes that i'm going to cause while you are at work. Just going to get that out of the way right now." He said. When they talked about his retirement he had brought up that he was slowing down and wasn't healing as fast as he used too. It was somewhat emotional for him to admit that he had to stop fighting. His entire childhood and teenage years revolved around it and it was hard to let that go.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:34 pm

A few minutes later Lani walked in followed by Kylie and Kimo. They all sat down and Lani sat next to Azari. She reached over and took his hand into her own. She looked around at the four sets of eyes that were upon them and knew that many of them were thinking.

"I would just like to preface what we are about to tell you by saying that I'm not pregnant."

There was visible relief around the room and Lani looked at Azari and gave his hand a supporting squeeze.

Alex put down her glass of lemonade and walked over to her husband. She wrapped her arms around him and rested her head against his chest. "I am so proud of you Andrew. You have accomplished so much over your career and I know that you will be missed. But you deserve this. You have worked hard for this."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:54 pm

Azari noticed all the parents let out a breath of relief wasn't sure how to take that! He glanced to Lani feeling her squeeze his hand. well now they knew they were concerned about possible pregnancy. They always took precautions of course but it wasnt always 100% and things happen in the heat of the moment. He looked to their parents and took a breath.

"Leilani and I had discussed marriage some time ago. And given events occuring here and there we grew concerned we woudln't really have a chance if something were to go awry." He said. losing his arm and nearly drowning rushed to his mind. "we had planned to get married a month ago originally but with Jasmine being kidnapped we felt it wasn't appropriate to announce an engagement during that crisis."

"So we took it upon ourselves to...well we got married."

Andrew wrapped his arms around Alex and breathed out when she told him it was ok and that he deserved to rest. He caught their reflection against the window and knew she was right. "Didn't think i'd get to a place like this, not in a million years." He said. "so if i break something you'll forgive me because i've worked hard at htis then." He teased.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:07 pm

The room was extremely quiet for a long moment as everyone processed what Azari had just revealed. Lani looked to her parents, still hopeful that they would be happy. Suddenly, Kylie got up and walked over to her daughter and hugged her. She pulled back and smiled at her and then at Azari.

"Well...congratulations."

Lani slowly began to smile. "So, you aren't mad that we eloped?"

Kylie shook her head. "No...I'm not. Would I have loved to have seen my daughter get married? Of course. But there has been so much going on and I always knew that you two would get married."

Alex laughed and smiled at her husband. "I wouldn't go that far," she teased. She looked deeply into his eyes for a moment before kissing him. Even after all these years she still loved him just as much as she had when they were in their twenties.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:17 pm

Kimo was stunned by this news and wasn't sure how to process this. Lani was always the gem in his eye as shew as the youngest and his onwly little girl. He would be lieing if he didnt look forward to walking her down the aisle ot give her away. It would have broken his heart to do that but there was a part of him that wanted to do that. So this kind of stung a little. As if she sensed his internal struggle he saw Kylie and break the silence. He put on a smile a part of him happy that they married.

"Dont think any of us are." Forge said speaking up for Ororo. He felt sad they weren't able to celebrate openly given the situation. Kimo stood and joined Kylie giving Lani a hug giving his own congratulations. Forge looked to Azari and smiled at him.

Azari felt relief that Kylie and Kimo seemed to be okay with everything. He knew his parents would be supportive at least as far as his father. "We weren't sure on how to bring this up, our apologies for keeping this a secret." He said mostly looking to his mother.

Andrew smiled at Alex as she wasn't going to let him get away with causing mayhem around their home. He paused and looked her in the eye memories of when they first met coming back. He wished he wans't as angry but things turned out for hte best. He returned her kiss and held her close. "Do you remember when we took the car out the first time and just drove until nightfall? And we shared that hotel room?"

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:26 pm

Ororo was shocked by the news, but at the same time she also wasn't. She had learned a long time ago that Azari and Lani didn't necessarily follow customs. They tended to do their own thing and look where it had gotten them. They had both attended and graduated from MIT at a much younger age than their classmates and were doing incredible work together. She was extremely proud of them both. She suddenly smiled through the tears that came to her eyes and she walked over and hugged both Azari and Lani. She now had a daughter-in-law and she knew that her son couldn't have chosen a better wife. Lani complemented her so well and helped to not only bring him out of his shell, but ground him as well.

"We must have a big celebration for this momentous occasion."

Alex wrapped her arms around Andrew's neck and grinned as he mentioned them taking out a car and just driving for hours until they found that hotel. "Of course I do. I will never forget that."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:45 pm

Azari felt kind of bad leaving his mother out of it and felt he needed to spend more time with her. Azari returned his motehrs hug seeing her tears. "You were right mom." he whispered remembering the day they ahd first moved to the mansion. He wasn't keen on on the idea but Ororo had high hopes that he would be alright. Lo and behold he was married.

"I think that goes without saying." Forge said smiling at Ororo when she mentioned a celebration. He walked over and hugged both of them keeping up the facade. Following Kylies prompt Kimo walked over giving his own heartfelt congratulations. "I can send out the announcement, could plan it another day so we can throw a big party." Forge suggested looking to Ororo.

Andrew smiled placing his hands on Alex's hips. "And we shared that room and slept in the same bed." He went on. It was a fond memory and proved to be a wonderful distraction. It even made him think back then that maybe he could find a way to like another woman. "And i was a perfect gentleman." He pointed out leaning down and gave her a little kiss. "I had so many thoughts about you for weeks afterward. was worried i would be unable to whittle down your resolve." He smirked.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:57 pm

Lani could tell that her father was upset and it broke her heart. As the others began to plan out a celebration, she saw her father step out of the room and she followed him. She closed the door behind her and looked at her father.

"I'm sorry. I never intended to hurt you or anyone. There was just so much going on at the time and Azari and I didn't want to take away from the new editions to our family. They deserve the attention. We...didn't really want it."

Alex felt Andrew's hands upon her hips and a shiver went down her spine. She still loved him as much today as she had when they first got married. She suddenly remembered something and she began to laugh a little. "Do you remember before you actually asked me out I was going to go out on a date with this guy from college and you answered the door and got so angry. I think you may have slammed the door in his face."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:28 pm

Kimo was still sorting out how he felt about the whole thing. H knew Kylie would counsel him and help him sort through it. He was always rather emotional behind closed doors especially when it came to Lani. He stepped out to get a moment to think while everyone began to talk about the celebration. He heard the door and assumed it was Kylie but was surprised too see Lani. His shoulder slumped as he realized she had seen through him. "I know my dearest." Kimo said hoping she would forgive him.

He truly listened to her and shook his head, "Your new niece and nephew coming into the world was a blessed thing but so is your marriage." He said> he would never want her to think she had to hide something from them. "you deserve attention as well, you are my only daughter." He said said brushing her cheek his eyes shimmering a little bit. "And i would have loved to see you in a wedding dress..but i know thats just me being old fashioned." he said holding his hands up. "Its what you want thats important. if this is how you wished for you to start your new life with Azari than i readily accept that." he said. As much as it hurt that his little girl didn't need him, but it was a long time coming he always had problems letting their children go.

Andrew raised an eyebrow when Alex laughed and he took a moment to remember. "I think i had pissed you off pretty good prior to that. I do remember some snooty guy in a suit." He said. "If it was the mansion i probably did just slam the door. Your uncle kind of frowned on physical violence on the grounds. I do remember you weren't happy with me afterward." He said swaying with her a little bit.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:37 pm

Lani listened to her father and felt a rush of emotions go through her as memories came to mind. She remembered him teaching her how to surf and how to ride a bike (and kissing her knee after she fell off and scraped it). She remembered staring up at the stars with him when it was well past her bedtime. She remembered the stories he used to tell her and her brothers and she remembered dancing with him in the sand. He had always encouraged her to be her best, but to be true to herself. She loved him so much and she knew that she always would. She wrapped her arms around him and just hugged him for a few long moments before pulling back and wiping away the tears from her eyes.

"You and Mom are so happy together. How do you guys do it?"

Alex wrapped her arms around Andrew's neck and grinned at him. "You do realize that I was using that guy to get your attention, right? And I do remember you finally asking me out because of it. Trust me, I never wanted to go out with that guy...whatever his name was. I always wanted you Andrew."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:55 pm

Kimo returned his daughters hug and he thought of the first time he met her. All bundled up in a towel her crying came to end as he held her close. Happy tears rolled down his cheeks and he felt blessed to have such a daughter. He wanted nothing but happiness for her. After calming themselves a bit he thought of his relationship with Kylie. "Well, we would have our disagreements and hard times. But it only made the good times that much better." he said. he tried to think of good advice for her.

"never forgot why you've falling in love, so long as you have that you'll overcome anything." Kimo smiled.

Andrew clied his tongue when Alex told him she was only using that guy to make him jealous. "See this is where Zoe and James get it from. Not me i'm an innocent." He teased. Though he knew she was right and it had worked. it brought his attention back to Alex completely seeing that there was competition. "Not sure if that makes me a good person to rush after you though." he admitted smiling at her.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:04 pm

Alex laughed and smiled lovingly at her husband. "I only helped you to see what you really wanted. You should be thanking me for what I did. And you aren't exactly innocent..." she lowered her voice to a sexy whisper in his ear. "...Especially in the bedroom."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next