The Search

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: The Search

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:23 pm

Lorelai was glad that Tony seemed distracted by the conversation they were having. She knew she needed to get a room ready to receive Mina and had no idea what state she was going to be in when they arrived. While Tony's back was turned she got up and was even bold enough to give Steve a kiss before stepping out of the conference room, leaving Steve alone with Tony to make up an excuse for her sudden absence. She knew that the room next to James' was empty and she decided to put Mina there. She made sure the room was ready and then went down to the garage to wait for them. She and Mina had been friends and she was anxious to see her again.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://new-x-men.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:31 pm

Steve was surprised by the sudden kiss and barely had enough time to get himself straight before Tony returned his attention back to him. They continued their talk moving on the current mission that Kylie, Sam and Andrew were taking part in...

The ride back was thankfully quiet. As soon as he was able to get ouof the city James accelerated a bit more not wanting to take any chances. He didnt relax until he saw the mansion in clear view. When he relaxed his mind took stock of what was happening and feeling Mina's arms around him reminded him that he still had some work to do. He wasn't sure when he would report that Mina was located but for now he wanted her somewhere familiar. Pulling up into the garage he spotted Lorelai and felt some more relief knowing a friendly face would help Mina out.

They shut off the bike and made their way over. "I take it Steve is upstairs?" James asked looking to Lorelai

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:40 pm

Lorelai suddenly heard the motorcycle engine and felt relieved when they pulled into the garage. Mina slowly got off the back of the bike and looked slightly at Lorelai. She felt ashamed and guilty for what she had done and wasn't sure how Lorelai felt about it all. Lorelai looked at James and nodded. "He's talking with Tony. I was in the meeting, but I managed to slip out." She then slowly walked over to Mina and wrapped her arms around her friend and hugged her. "You're safe now."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:47 pm

James nodded knowing he'd have to speak with both of them. That flash drive was heavy in his coat pocket. Seeing Lorelai hug Mina brought some relief to him. He knew there wasn't any bad blood between them but was still relieved. "I take it you've cleared out a room already?" He asked knowing how much she paid attention to detail

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:53 pm

Lorelai pulled back from the hug and nodded. "Yes, the room next to yours actually." She wasn't sure exactly what had happened, but she could that Mina was very upset. She lead them inside and down to the room. Mina was exhausted and went in and laid down on the bed. Lorelai closed the door and looked at James. "What is going on?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:59 pm

James was more than willing to share but didnt want Mina to relive that pain. When they got Mina situated in her room and left her to rest he explained everything to Lorelai as quietly as he could showing her the flash drive. "I'm planning on having Tony or that new guy Forge look through it. See if they cant find out who specifically grabbed her sister." he said. She could tell he had ill intent with that information.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:11 pm

Lorelai took the flash drive and listened to what James told her. She was shocked to hear that Mina's sister had been killed. She knew that Mina and her younger sister had been close and couldn't imagine how devastating this must be for her. She handed the flash drive back to James and could tell he was planning to avenge what had happened to Mina and the death of her sister. "James," she said quietly. "I know that you love Mina and that you are angry and upset over what happened, but we need to think clearly about what to do next and not do anything rash."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:19 pm

"I know, won't be able to do anything until Tony finds something on this flash drive." He said dancing around the subject of not rushing out and torturing the living hell of those responsible. "I'm not walking away from this Lorelai." He said also knowing how close Mina was to her sister. He felt he owed Mina, he felt responsible as he was the one who found MIna in South America.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:29 pm

Lorelai sighed and looked at James. "I'll talk to Steve and Tony. You just take care of Mina for now and make sure she's alright. I'm worried about her."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:47 pm

James looked to the door and thought about Lorelai's request. He had just found her and depsite his anger he hesitated leaving her side to find them. It will take them some time anyway he thought. He gave a nod, "I won't go anywhere." He said entrusting the flash drive to Lorelai. He would just wait outside her room in case she needed him or something soudned wrong

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:50 pm

Lorelai took the flash drive and left James there outside of Lorelai's room. She walked back down to the conference room where Steve and Tony still were talking. As soon as she walked in they would both know that something was wrong. She walked over to Steve and put the flash drive down on the table in front of him.

"They killed her sister."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:35 pm

Tony had noticed that Lorelai had taken off but didnt take any offense. he and Steve spoke candidly until she returned. Tony was about to tease her by calling Steve her boyfriend but the feeling around her just seemed off. He looked to the flashdrive and back to Lorelai when she mentioned that someones sister was killed.

Steve rubbed his forehead, "I take it we weren't supposed to find her." He said piecing together on how Mina was being controlled. Tony was left in the dark and looked to the pair.

"Mind sharing?" He asked cupping his hands in his lap.

"Mina's sister was kidnapped, and subsequently killed." Steven said. Tony looked to the flash drive.

"so whats on this then?"

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:41 pm

Lorelai sighed and shook her head. "If we got anywhere near her they would have killed her. I don't think she was ever getting out of that alive. I can't imagine what Mina is feeling right now. In order to try and save her sister she has to kill those that she used to work with, but in the end her sister still dies."

Lorelai looked over at Tony when he asked about the flash drive. "It's the footage of them killing her. They sent it to Mina and have told her that she's next."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:48 pm

Tony looked to flash drive and picked it up. He would take a look at it on a secured monitor disconnected from the rest of the mansion. "Like to se them try and get her here." He said feeling confident. "I take it James wants us to figure out who specifically did this?" He asked seeing as he wasn't with Lorelai and probably nearby Mina.

"At the very least we have to ensure Mina will be safe from them>" steve said.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:54 pm

Lorelai nodded a little and looked at Steve. "I think James has got vengeance on his mind. I have a feeling the moment he knows exactly who not only killed Mina's sister, but made Mina kill all those agents he is going to take off."

She was quiet a moment before glancing at Steve and Tony. "Mina is wanted by SHIELD. Are we going to end up turning her over to them?"

Mina was exhausted and immediately drifted to sleep, but it was a fitful, unrestful sleep. She tossed and turned and soon James would begin to hear her mumbling frightfully through the door.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:09 pm

Tony lookedto Steve and immediately knew the answer. "SHIELD would be more secure, you'd have to be a madman to attack the helicarrier." He offered.

Steve knew that was right but seperating Jaems and Mina at this point would probably only cause issues. And Jame finding out who killed her sister would probably rush off to deal with them. "Lets hold off on alerting Fury and the others about Mina's location..and giving information to James about the men responsible." he said thinking that perhaps they should send someone else in his stead.

James was sitting on teh ground his eyes staring forward when he started to hear Mina toss and turn. Hearing her mumble he slowly got up and taking a moment to make sure he wasn't watch he stepped into her room. Closign the door behind him he watched Mina toss and turn about. He walked over to her side her placed a hand on her shoulder to wake her.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:19 pm

Lorelai nodded, agreeing with Steve's thoughts. "So, we'll keep Mina here and make sure that we keep security tight and that no information about her is leaked out. She's suffered quite a bit emotionally and I think we should all go easy on her until we figure out what to do."

Mina kept dreaming about her sister. She was in a maze and knew that her sister was at the center of it. She could hear her sister screaming and crying and she had to kill people she knew and had once worked with in order to get to her. However, every time she was within inches of saving her, she would be killed in front of her eyes.

She felt someone touch her shoulder and she startled awake. Her eyes were wide with fear, but also ready to take action. However, she quickly realized it was James. Tears came to her eyes, but she tried to keep them at bay. "I...I keep dreaming about her."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:28 pm

Steve looked to Tony who slowly nodded. seeing that Mina had done some good for hte Avengers. He leaned back in his chair, "I'll make sure that any information about her is wiped from offical records, cameras and the like. it'll take time but i'm sure we can ghost her." Tony said thinking of some strings he could pull. He had a few favors to call in after all.

"Not sure how to handle any information found on this though." He said not liking the idea of keeping information from James. the guy seemed unhinged on the best of days.

James jumped a little when Mina woke rather quickly. He slowly sat down on the bed when she explained she kept dreaming about her sister. He knew those kidn of dreams for his own victims. "I'm sorry Mina.." He said not sure how to comfort her. Seeing the tears in her eyes he leaned close and hugged her thinking at least hecould comfort her

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:37 pm

Lorelai was relieved that Tony was on board. Right before she had gone missing from SHIELD, she had been a strong candidate for becoming an Avenger. She had worked closely with the Avengers on many missions, and James vouched strongly for her. She was an excellent fighter, but also knew how to handle situations were fighting wasn't the best option. She was intelligent and quick thinking and remained calm under pressure. Everyone had been in agreement, but then she had disappeared before re-appearing and beginning to kill SHIELD agents.

"I think we should view it all together. Steve can help keep James calm, but we need as many eyes on this looking for clues as possible."

Mina leaned against James and closed her eyes. She buried her head against his shoulder and was quiet for a long time before pulling back to look at him.

"James, I want you to know that that night at the warehouse...what I said...I meant it. I...I wasn't saying it to distract you. I never intended to take your gun from you...it just happened."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:04 pm

Tony wasn't too happy with the sitaution but nevertheless he would help Mina out. He looked to Lorelai when she brought up that they should view the material. So he got up prepped a laptop and connected it to the viewing monitor. After removing all connections to the network he plugged the flash drive in. "at the very least we can preview this before getting James involved. I have some software that can clean up the frames. i'm certain we'll find something. wheres James now?" TOny asked.

James held Mina close letting her get through her emotions. When she pulled back he wanted to stop her from talking about their last interaction. "We'll go over that later. just focus on you for now ok?" He asked. THere was a lot to unpack, he understood why she had done it now. If he hadn't found her like this her sister would be alive. Taking a knock to the head seemed very minor in comparison. Not to mention her admitting she loved him, it didnt feel right to tell her he loved her at this time. "I'm not going anywhere Mina, i'll be here for you."

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:18 pm

Lorelai wasn't looking forward to viewing the video on the flash drive, but she knew it had to be done. Even though they had a very secure network, she was glad when Tony removed the connections to the network before plugging in the flash drive. The last thing they needed was for this video to somehow get out.

"He's with Mina," she said as she took a seat next to Steve. "He's concerned about her."

Mina leaned against James and let him just hold her again. She didn't care that he didn't say it back to her. She knew in her heart that he did, otherwise he wouldn't be there holding her like he was. She had been through so much and she knew that it was going to take time for her heart to heal.

"I don't want to sleep by myself," she finally admitted. "Will you just lay here with me for a while?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:52 pm

Tony and Steve doubted this would be a decent thing to watch. Steve was resolved however, he had seen worse things over his lifetime. And if it helped bring those responsible to justice more the better. Steve looked to Lorelai as she sat next to him. He kept himself in check not to take her hand up given that Tony was nearby.

Tony nodded glad they didnt have to worry about him stumbling into the room. He loaded up the flashdrive and upon finding the video he began to play it bracing himself for the unpleasantries.

James felt awful for not telling Mina how he felt. But he wanted to tell her when everything was stable for her. She had to mourn for her sister and he would respect that. He listened to her admit she didnt want to be alone. "I can do that Mina. whatever you want." James said. He moved a little so she could rest on his fleshy arm as they laid down so she would be comfortable. He resolved himself to be a gentleman no matter how his heart was racing as he held her close. she could feel how fast his pulse was going as they rested

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:10 pm

Lorelai glanced at Steve slightly, but kept her hands in her lap and looked forward as the video began to play. Lorelai had met Mina's sister once and immediately recognized her in the video. She was in a room, in what appeared to be a warehouse or bunker of some kind. She was tied tightly to a chair and gagged. She looked like she had been severely beaten and possibly raped. She was crying. There was a voice, but it came from off camera. He was smart and figured she would share the video and did not want to show his face. He spoke directly to Mina and told her that she had failed in saving her sister and that she would get what was coming to her. A signal was then given to a man wearing a mask. However, his sleeves were pushed up slightly, revealing part of a tattoo. The man pulled out a handgun and stepped up behind Mina's sister. He aimed the gun at the back of her head and fired. Lorelai's face blanched at the cruelty of it. The video continued to roll as her body was untied and fell to the ground. The gunman then shot her several more times, mutilating her body even further. The video cut briefly before coming back up to show them then burning her body so she could never be recovered and given a proper burial. When the video ended Lorelai felt physically ill. She had been doing her work for a long time and had seen a lot of brutality, but something about this really got to her.

Mina settled into James' arms. She took note that he laid so he was laying on his non-metal arm. She was facing towards him. She curled up close to him and breathed in his scent. She could feel his rapid heartbeat and it matched her own. Ever so slowly her eyes closed and she drifted back to sleep.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:43 pm

Tony focused on the tattoo and wrote down a note of it. Steve gripped the armchair til the point it nearly broke. Memories of the war came to mind and he felt that James should not see this video. "I'm very reluctant to let James see this now." Steve said rubbing his head. Tony took a breath.

"Well, looks like our mystery narrator wanted to make sure he wasn't seen. His friend however has a bit of a tattoo showing." Tony pointed out rewinding it and freezing the frame. There wasn't much information to go off of but it was something. "Can run the design through the database see if we get a match somewhere. "Tony offered.

James kept his eyes open remaining still keeping close to Mina. He watched her eyes close and she seemed to settle back into a slumber. He brushed a few strands of hair from her face and just watched her for a while in case she woke.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:53 pm

Lorelai could sense Steve's growing uneasiness and she reached under the table and took his hand and gave it a gentle, loving squeeze. She glanced at him to make sure he was alright and he gave her a little nod. Lorelai sighed and knew that the contents of that video would run through her head for the rest of her life.

"I would agree that James shouldn't see it, but we all know that he's going to insist upon it. He also has good eyes for picking up things that we all miss. I think we have to show it to him."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum