The Search

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Search

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:30 pm

Lorelai glanced around and knew that finding Mina would be difficult...if she was even still in the city. For all they knew she may have already left. They had given themselves five days to try and find her. If they didn't find her in that timeframe then they would return to New York. So far, this was the closest they had come to finding her. Lorelai glanced at Steve when James suggested they go find a hotel and get a couple of rooms. It was clear to her that he intended to look...possibly all night.

"Ok, we'll find a hotel and text you the name, address, and the room numbers."

Lorelai and Steve found a decent hotel and requested two rooms, one with a single bed for Lorelai and another one with two beds for Steve and James. Lorelai and Steve took advantage of the time alone in her room, but Steve returned to the room across the hall after James texted that he was on his way. It was very late and he seemed frustrated at not having found any sign of her. Lorelai continued to hold out hope, but she knew finding her wasn't going to be easy.

Over the next three days they continued to look, while behaving like tourists. Every day, Lorelai could sense James' frustration growing and her hope began to wane. It was around 7 p.m. that night and Lorelai and Steve had returned to the hotel. The streets were crowded, but as James' eyes scanned the crowd they would spot someone who looked very familiar. Mina's mother was Cherokee and her father was a French American. She had been born in Paris, but was raised in the United States. Her skin was not as dark as a full blooded Native American due to her father being Caucasian, but she was not white either. Her skin was a beautiful medium shade and her hair was chestnut and fell in thick waves down to almost the middle of her back. She had just walked out of a restaurant and was alone. Her eyes nervously scanned the crowd, but she didn't spot James. She began to walk down the street with a quick pace.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://new-x-men.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Search

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:36 pm

James was still scouring the streets drinking a bottle of beer as he walked to try and fit in. It wasn't doing anything to cloud his judgement as he took long pulls but small sips. He adjusted his hat once more and stopped thinking he spotted Mina. Thoughts and memories came flooding back and he took several looks her way to make sure it was actually her. Seeing her quicken his pace he had to take the chance and he began to move aginst the crowd. Seeing that she looked nervous he slowed his pace only a little to ensure she woudln't spot someone tailing her.

Moving to the side of the street he blended a little easier walking with the crowd but keeping his pace. He thought of just grabbing her but thought better of making a scene. "Mina!" He called out pulling his hat down slowing his pace. He did this to disguise himself as he walked and to make sure it was truly her. And if she got spooked he could overrun if she started to quicken her pace further. He felt the weight of his gun against his side under the jacket, disable her first he thought thinking his arm gave him the advantage.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:48 pm

Mina was walking away from him down the street. She was among a crowd of people, but she suddenly heard her name being called. No one here knew her and her heart nearly stopped when she realized she recognized that voice. Turning her head slightly, she glanced over her shoulder and their eyes met. She had known for a long time that she loved James. The two of them had spent a lot of time together during his recovery and he had come to trust her just as much as he trusted Steve. They laughed and talked easily together and she had been able to sense something deeper happening between them. However, before anything could actually happen she had been pulled away from SHIELD and forced to work against them. Mina hesitated slightly before she began to run. She ducked into an alleyway and ran down it's length before jumping over the fence. She knew James was behind her. She could hear him getting closer. She panicked and ducked down another alleyway, but to her horror it was a dead end. She glanced around for a way out, but it was too late. She made no move for her own gun and she closed her eyes as she thought about all she had done. Her back was still to James. She found she couldn't even face him.

"Just kill me."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:16 pm

James rushed after Mina keeping pace knowing he coudn't lose her. Not after all the time they had spent looking for her. Seeing her run down the hallway only to hit a dead end he instinctively drew his gun. A cornered animal was far more dangerous..

He kept his finger off the trigger however as he moved closer. "Keep your hands where i can see them. Place them flat against the wall Mina." He said. If he could take her in without issue he would do that. He figured once he got her secured he would call Steve and Lorelai for an extraction and they would be on their way back. "I'm here to help you Mina."

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:24 pm

Mina kept her hands out and up, but she did not move against the wall. She was becoming desperate at this point. If they found out that SHIELD had found her...She slowly turned around and looked at James. He would be able to see that she posed no threat to him. However, the look in her eyes would let him know that something terrible was going on.

"Please James...I can't let you take me in. If you aren't going to let me go, I need you to kill me."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:16 pm

OOC-hey. Just checking in to be sure everything’s ok.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:47 pm

OOC: Sorry for the absence, dealing with stuff at work and having some writers block issues

IC:

James kept his gun trained on Mina but he had a feeling that something was very wrong. Something was definitely wrong judging by the look in her eye. "What's going on Mina." he said keeping the gun level. He had anticipated that she was manipulated possibly brainwashed but this was something else. "I can help you."

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:24 pm

OOC-That's alright. I'm sorry you are having a difficult time at work.

IC-Mina glanced over James' shoulder and saw a door leading into an abandoned warehouse. "We can't talk here," she said very quietly. "The warehouse.."

She allowed James to lead her into the old warehouse where they were entirely alone. However, even in there she seemed jumpy and very concerned. "Six months ago I was sent on a mission, but Hydra knew about it and when I arrived I was ambushed and taken prisoner. They told me that they wanted me to work for them. I had insight into SHIELD and the Avengers and they wanted to exploit that. I refused and was then beaten and tortured for weeks, but I continued to refuse. Then, one day, they took me out of my cell and lead me into a separate room to "show me something"." She paused and hesitated and her voice began to quiver as tears came to her eyes. "It was my sister. James, they had kidnapped her and told me that they would kill her if I didn't comply. She...she's married and has two young children and is an elementary school teacher for Christ's sake. She had nothing to do with any of this! She didn't even know what Hydra was! I...I had no choice. I couldn't just let me kill her James. I told them they could kill me instead, but they need me. I hate everything that I am doing down to my very core. It makes me sick and I know that SHIELD will kill me because of it, but I need to make sure my sister is ok first. James, I will even let you do it, but I can't let you do it now or take me in...please."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:27 pm

James listened to Mina explaining the situation. He ignored the thought to advise she could have asked for help. It could easily get her sister killed. "Do you know where they're holding your sister?" He asked thinking he could leave her there and seek her out. He'd have ot give Steve and Lorelai the slip and he was confident she would be able to evade the pair. "I can't...kill you Mina." He said struggling with the thought. Even if he did her sister would still possibly be in danger.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:37 pm

Mina's eyes met James' and she felt that strong feeling rush through her again as it had six months earlier when she had last seen him. She had been happy then and her sister had been safe. The last few hours she had spent with James had been peacefully. They had watched a movie together at Avenger's HQ. After it was over they had sat there together talking quietly. James had begun to say something to her...something she had been anticipating and that she knew would change their lives, but before he could say the words they had been interrupted by Sam and the moment was lost.

Mina wasn't sure if she would ever see James again, but she knew she couldn't let this moment slip away again. Without another word she closed the gap between them and kissed him, like she had wanted to for the past six months. It was a deep, passionate kiss and she poured into it the love she felt for him. Then, ever so slowly she pulled back and looked into his eyes.

"I love you James."

Then, with tears in her eyes, she grabbed his gun and smacked him hard over the head with it. As he lost consciousness and fell to the ground she looked at him.

"I'm sorry."

She then dropped his gun to the ground and turned and walked out of the warehouse and disappeared into the night.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:17 pm

James went down not expecting her strike him. Her kiss made everything slip away and feelings that he hadn't felt erupted and threatened to overwhelm him. He wasn't sure if it was an after effect of his brainwashing but his willpower faded to nothing. In that instant he would have done anything she would have asked of him. Following that kiss with her declaration caused his breath to catch in his throat.

So when she hit him and he struggled to stay awake that feeling love soured as he felt betrayal course through him. His eyes slowly rolled to the back of his head and the lights went out.

He stirred sometime later his hair somewhat wet from the blood. Just blinding pain was all he felt as he forced himself to stand. He retrieved his gun and fished his phone seeing missed texts and phone calls. Dialing up Lorelai he sat down on a nearby chair heavily to let them know he was ok and that he found Mina

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:46 pm

Three weeks later...

Mina seemed to have just vanished from South America and there were no reported sightings of her. Lorelai's heart broke for her when James told them what she had told him. They needed to find her and help her somehow. Kylie and Andrew were getting along very well. They were taking things slow and things had not yet progressed back into a sexual relationship. Three years had passed and many things had changed about each of them since then. They mostly just hung out together when they had downtime and watched tv or went to the movies. At night they would just listen to music together and talk for hours.

It was mid-afternoon on a Wednesday and Avenger's HQ was fairly quiet. Sam, Kylie, and Andrew were out on a mission and Steve and Lorelai were talking with Tony. James was alone when his cell phone suddenly began to ring. A contact name did not come up on the caller ID and it was a number he would not have recognized, but he would also know that the cell phone numbers for the Avenger's were not widely known. Whoever was calling knew his number.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:46 pm

James was quiet on the return trip home silently cursing himself for letting her slip through his figners like that. Soon as they landed he would spend hte next three weeks loking up information on Mina's family. He felt if he were to track down her sister and free her and get her safe they would be able to bring Mina back safely. It took him a while to understand why she did what she had and it drove him to search that much harder. He wanted to tell her just how much he loved her as well.

Forge had formally accepted the partnership with the Avengers not a week later after speaking with Tony and Banner. As a show of good faith Andrew was assigned to assist in any way possible. Which suited Andrew fine as he and Kylie were starting to get back into a better place. Conversations were becoming a bit easier and they were able to share new stories with one another.

James was sitting in the lounge area on his phone looking through his emails when his phone buzzed at him. Seeing that there was no caller id he hesitated. He hit the green button and lifted the phone up. "Hello?"

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:53 pm

There was a brief moment of hesitation before a familiar voice slowly spoke up. "...James...it's Mina. I...I know I have no right to even ask of it...but I need your help..." She sounded like she was on the verge of sobbing. There was also terror in her voice and desperation.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:04 pm

James straightened up hearing Mina's voice taking note of how she sounded. "Mina..where are you?" He asked. He would drop everything and come for her. "I can help just tell me where you are."

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:07 pm

Mina about broke down when James said he would help her. "I...I'm at a diner in Brooklyn. The address is 102 5th street. Please...please hurry."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:15 pm

James gave a nod, "Stay there im on my way." He said getting up. He grabbed his coat and hat and ran down to the garage and just jumped onto a motorcycle preferring its maneuverability. He started up the motorcycle up and just roared out of the garage and headed downtown. he flew by other drivers, riding between cars not caring if he clipped a few mirrors on his way.

Some time later he pulled up to the diner and watched it for a few moments keeping the engine going. He put out the kickstand and adjusted his hat kiling the engine before heading into the diner.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:19 pm

Mina was sitting alone at a booth towards the back of the diner. She looked exhausted and like she hadn't slept in weeks. Her eyes were red and it was clear that she had been crying. She glanced over and saw James walk in and her eyes met his across the diner. As he sat across from her he would see she was just barely holding herself together. She was trembling and on the verge of tears.

"They...they found out I talked to you in South America. They...they killed her...they killed my sister."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:29 pm

James sat down and would have reached out to take her hand when she told him that Hydra terminated her sister. His heart broke for her and thought of the family that was destroyed. Anger welled up inside of him and all he could think of was just hurting them. "I'm sorry Mina.." He said. He then took in what she had said if he hadn't been looking and found her her sister would be alive. He thought of asking if she was certain but felt it best not to press it.

"I'm so sorry.." was all he could think of saying. He hesitated but reached out for her hand..

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:34 pm

Mina was trembling when James took her hand. She hadn't known where to turn and was relieved that James had agreed to come. She was half numb from everything that had happened and needed his help. With her other hand she reached into the bag beside her and pulled out a flash drive. She pushed it towards him.

"Not only did they kill her...but they filmed it and sent the footage to me with a threat saying that I was next."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:40 pm

James was glad that Mina accepted his hand. He looked to the flash drive and picked it up. He immeidately thought of asking Forge and Tony for help. Maybe they could find out who had done this and give him a name. He pocketed it carefully and looked ot Mina. "I'm taking you back to the mansion." He said thinking it was the best place to keep her safe. He wasn't goign to take any chances he got up. Lets see how these guys try and get her there he thought.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:44 pm

Mina watched as James pocketed the flash drive. She never wanted to see it again. She had become physically sick when she had watched it and she knew it would haunt her for the rest of her life. She remained seated as James got up.

“Don’t you need to turn me over to SHIELD?”

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:50 pm

James looked to Mina when she asked if he had ot turn her over to SHIELD. He thought for a moment and slowly nodded. "I probably should but i want you to at lteast get some rest in a safe place first." He said. He pulled his phone out and sent a message to Lorelai, "found Mina bringing her home, dont spread it around." He sent.

He looked to Mina, "I got my bike outside." He said extending a hand to her.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:00 pm

Mina nodded, but felt no anger towards James when she said he would need to turn her over to SHIELD eventually. He had to do what he had to do. While she hadn't wanted to kill those agents, she had and she knew that she needed to face the consequences of that. She took his hand and allowed him to lead her outside to his bike. She got on behind him and wrapped her arms around him. She held onto him tightly, breathing in his familiar scent.

Meanwhile, Lorelai was still in the meeting with Tony and Steve when she heard her phone beep. She read the text from James, but somehow managed to keep her expression neutral. She casually slid her phone over towards Steve so he could also read the text.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:08 pm

James started up the bike and took a good look around wanting to make sure no one was looking their way or making an effort not to. He felt Mina wrap her arms around him and his heart jumped. He had to keep her safe. He puled out into hte traffic and went along their way his eyes constantly moving as they went. First sign of trouble he would kick up the speed and evade.

Steve was heavily involved with Tony about their discussion about future upgrades to the mansion and the results of the newer recruits. He saw the phone and looked to Lorelai before looking at the message itself. He looked back to Lorelai motioning if she needed to step away. Tony was busy bringing up the statistics of the last outing somwhat relaxed given they were able to have some downtime thanks to the new members.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum