New X-Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Big Date

2 posters

Go down

The Big Date Empty The Big Date

Post by VoltKimo Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:45 pm

A few days passed at the mansion and life for a good number of the residents were looking up. Forge was able to finish Ororo's new uniform and was a marked improvement over her older one. They discussed how they were going to proceed with their relationship once Forge returned home to continue his work on other projects and frankly things looked rather bright for the couple. Andrew hadn't sneaked out of the mansion since that night with Sam and on the surface he seemed fine. Kimo in an attempt to keep him out of trouble tried to stay up late at night to keep him from leaving but would ultimately fail. Andrew was struggling with the guilt he was feeling and wasn't confiding in others as he wasn't used to such a thing. He was sleeping a bit better but became more reclusive and time he spent with Kylie something seemed off. Like a spark was gone, his homework was also beginning to slip as his mind would wander during lessons. The only time he really focused was when he was working on something mechanical with Forge as it required a greater deal of attention.

Upon learning that Andrew could play guitar and sing Kimo and Ethan were very curious and would very carefully approach the topic to see if he would be play something. Unaware that Andrew no longer owned a guitar, his own crushed by the Juggernaut, he was turned down time and time again. The music wasnt there for him anymore. Through Andrew's bad night Ethan had managed to secure a date with Eden so he wasn't too invested in looking for problems.

Kimo was Kimo, just a bundle of good vibes. He was glad that the entire situation was just a misunderstanding but noticed Andrew was a bit down. So he tried his best to cheer him up. He spent a great deal of time with Jade whenever they didnt have any lessons and he was every bit of a gentleman with her. He mentioned asking Xavier about the lot of them going to his islands at some point in the near future so he could show them around.

It was Friday and they were given permission to head to the city for a fun filled evening and Ethan was beyond excited. He had changed into some nicer clothes, still on the casual side nothing too formal, but something sharp that complimented him.

After changing again he walked to Kimo and Andrews room finding the pair playing games as usual. "You two need some more hobbies." he said. Kimo looked up taking note that Ethan was a little more jazzed up than usual.

"You going somewhere?" Kimo asked. Ethan gave a nod and smiled filled with confidence that their night was going to be memorable.

"Got a date with Eden tonight. Figured a nice meal, some dancing." Ethan said thinking they would have a great time. Kimo smiled and gave a nod glad the two had paired up. Eden had a glamorous life but he often wondered if she was a bit lonely without someone like herself around. "Just wanted to stop by and ask ya wish me luck." Ethan said. Andrew didnt stir from under his blankets as his eyes were fixed on the tv.

"wish you the best of luck Ethan, have fun." Kimo said. Ethan turned and headed downstairs to await Eden not wanting to rush her. Kimo looked to Andrew.

"No faith in this working?" Kimo asked. Andrew breathed out thinking to himself.

"Not sure what to wish him luck for. they like one another what more is there." Andrew said picking up the controller to resume playing.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

The Big Date Empty Re: The Big Date

Post by Black Widow Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:07 pm

Kylie was worried about Andrew. He wasn't behaving like himself ever since that night and he had been pulling himself further and further away from her. She didn't know how to fix things and felt bad about them intruding on his private life like they had. She hadn't meant to screw things up for him. She wished there was a way for her to get things back to the way they had been before, but that didn't seem to be an option.

She was with Jade and Eden and they were helping Eden get ready for her date with Ethan.

"You two are so cute together," Jade told her as Eden finished her makeup. Eden smiled a little. "I really do like him. He's different from all the guys in Hollywood. He's...real. He's not trying to be someone he isn't and I feel like I can be myself around him. What about you and Kimo? How are things going with you two?"

Jade smiled as she thought about Kimo. "Things are going well...really well. I was worried that maybe it would be weird because we were such good friends, but it isn't. It seems...natural. And he is such a good kisser."

Eden laughed and smiled and then looked at Kylie, who was extremely quiet and looking down at her hands. "Kylie, are you alright?"

Kylie shook her head. "No, I think things are over between Andrew and me."

Jade looked at her. "Why would you think that? Did he say something to you?"

"No, but that's the point. He's barely said anything to me since that night. I've been trying to make things right between us, but he keeps pulling away from me and I don't know what to do."

Eden walked over and sat down next to Kylie on her bed. She put a comforting arm around her shoulders and pulled her in for a hug. "Well, no matter what happens Jade and I are here for you."

Kylie nodded. "Thanks."

Eden then realized the time and knew she was running late. "I gotta go. How do I look?"

Jade smiled at her. "You look amazing. He isn't going to know what to do with himself."

Eden laughed and smiled as she picked up her purse. "Thanks."

She left the room and walked downstairs. She was wearing a nice, but casual dress and a pair of leather flats. Her hair was down and loosely curled around her shoulders. She wore a light, fresh smelling perfume and a pair of simple earrings. She smiled when she saw him. "You look great."

Black Widow
Admin

https://new-x-men.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:31 pm

Ethan was waiting by the front door feeling a tad nervous about this date. He had been on plenty of dates before but Eden was something else. It wasn't the whole movie star thing it was just soemthing about her that made his stomach flip on itself. So when she came down the stairs it did another flip on him. He barely heard her comment and just smiled, "You look great too." He said looking forward to being alone with her.

He remembered his plans for the evening and straightened up. "I figure we'd get something to eat and see where the night takes us." He offered. They still had a curfew but it was relaxed for the evening. Neither one of them had done anything against the rules so the adults were fairly relaxed about the request. "Shall we?" He asked intending on driving them out to the city.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:36 pm

Eden smiled at Ethan's comment and actually felt a little nervous herself, which was unusual for her. Eden was easy going and rather adventurous and so she was up for anything. "That sounds perfect to me," she replied as she walked with him out to the garage. They got into one of the vehicles and he began to drive out towards the city. "So where are we going to eat?"

Meanwhile, Kylie decided that she needed to speak to Andrew and get this settled once and for all. She walked down to the room he shared with Kimo and knocked on the partially open door. "Andrew, can we talk for a little bit?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:14 pm

Ethan kept his eyes ahead having memorized the best route to a restaurant. "Well when i was first coming here i had looked at some places to eat. Saw some reviews for this place Roberto's, looked to be pretty good italian food. Probably not as good as the real thing but i figured pasta was a safe bet." he said hoping she liked Italian. "Afterward if we're feling up to it i figured we could go out dancing, or simple walk in the park." He said wanting to have at least a few options depending on how they felt.

Andrew and Kimo were going back and forth in their game. Kimo had made a few mistakes in their match but noticed Andrew wasn't capitilizing on them per normal. he was about to ask him if everything was alright when he heard a knock on the door. They paused the game and Kimo slowly got up. "I'll give ya guys some space." He said. He figured he'd pay Jade a quick visit and was hoping this wasn't little event wasn't serious. He hurried along giving the pair some privacy and just amde his way to Jade's room

Andrew slowly sat up the blanket still wrapped around him. "Sure." he said not minding pausing the game. He wasn't too dedicated to the game as normal and wasn't holding his attention anyhow. He crossed his legs and leaned forward a bit, "what did you want to talk about?" He asked.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:21 pm

Eden smiled at Ethan. "I love Italian. I think that sounds like a great plan. I'm really up for anything as long as I get to spend some time with you," she admitted with a little smile. "So, do you miss Colorado?"

Kylie was grateful to Kimo for granting them some privacy. She stepped into the room and closed the door. She didn't want anyone listening in to their conversation. "I wanted to talk about us," she told him. She was quiet a moment before continuing on. "I feel like you are pulling away from me and I don't know how to make things right between us. Do you even still want to be with me?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:39 pm

Ethan smiled glad htat Eden was fine with his choice. He didnt know too much about her on a personal level beyond what he learned on the camping trip. Kimo wasn't much help as he didnt really seem to be good at dating, then again he was dating someone who could read his mind so maybe he didnt need to try too hard. And Andrew, despite being withdrawn seemed to be doing something right as he and Kylie were inseparable on that trip.

He thought of home for a moment and he slowly nodded, "yeah there a few things that i miss. I mean it's home, and i do miss my dad." Ethan said. "As much of an adventure this whole experience has been nothin beats home ya know?" Ethan asked looking to Eden. "What about you? You have to constantly busy can't imagine how bad you must get with homesickness."

Andrew wasn't familiar with relationships, this entire time he had been merely guessing and doing his best to read Kylie's body language on what he should do. When Kylie began saying she wanted to talk about us he felt that pit in his gut just expand. When she voiced her concerns he would normally push back but right now he just took it. He didnt want to lose Kylie and the thought hurt him. His head lowered a bit as he tried to sort out these feelings but it was like quicksand.

"I dont want to lose you." he managed to get out

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:51 pm

Eden hadn't been back home to London in a while. She talked to her family as often as she could, but it wasn't the same as seeing them. She hoped to be able to go home soon. Perhaps if things went well with Ethan then she could invite him to go with her. She had already told her family about him and they were anxious to learn more since she really seemed to like him.

"I do miss home. I haven't been back to London in over a year. I talk to them all the time, but as you know, it's not the same." She was quiet a moment before smiling at him. "I've told my family about you."

Kylie was relieved when Andrew told her that he didn't want to lose her. She felt a few tears come to her eyes and she went and sat down next to him on the bed. She reached out and took one of his hands into her own and looked at him. "I don't want to lose you either. I just don't know what's going on or how to fix things between us. I miss you...I miss spending time with you...and talking to you."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:19 pm

Ethan continued their drive nearing their destination when Eden mentioned telling her family about him. Oh he hadn't even said anything about her to his own dad. Mostly because he doubted his dad would believe that he was dating a hollywood star. Obviously this caught him off guard as he was quiet a moment. "I hope ethey reacted in a positive way."

"I haven't exactly told my dad about you, i'm not sure if he would believe me." ethan said. "I mean i've dated before so he'll probably think i would be exaggerating or something." he said.

Andrew's hand felt cold but he gripped hers still. He essentially lost Sam and he wasn't the type that handled loss well. And through Sam he was able play music and perform, she was a light for him. But he coudln't return those feelings that she had, in the long run he knew there would be problems with him being a mutant. But now he was raked with guilt ash e he felt he had led her on this entire time somehow.

"I dont know what's wrong. everything just feels wrong now." He admitted. Kylie would know he wasn't that great at expressing his feelings to others but this he wasn't sure how to explain how he felt to her. "Just feel drained and empty."

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:25 pm

Eden smiled at Ethan. "You don't need to worry. They're just curious about you. The guys I have dated before were relationships that were set up by my publicist. I hated doing it because it was a lie and they were always so fake and just concerned with themselves. You're different and I feel like I can be myself around you."

Kylie looked at Andrew and felt her heartbreak for him. She knew that he had been through so much recently and she wished she could help him. "I'm so sorry for what you have been through lately Andrew. I never meant to cause you any trouble with Sam or to invade your private space. If I could take it all back I would."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:55 pm

Ethan found a parking spot at the restaurant nad parked it. with a reservation for a table they had eime to chat. "So everything is set up? No behind the set romance stuff?" He asked. "Dont get wrong i'm glad you can be yourself around me. Just the hollywood stuff is pretty cool, not that i think thats all there is about you." he said quickly. It was so different than what he was used to, her life was so much more than his. "haven't really thought much of it but i gotta be downright boring to what you're used to."

Andrew shook his head, "It's alright..you and the others didnt do anything wrong." He said. He was more embarrassed than anything. "things just got complicated and it's over now. It would have ended eventually anyway." He said knowing Sam's romantic interest. Well he didnt have to worry about that now she made her feelings known.

"just gotta get Kimo and Ethan to leave me alone about music."

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:11 pm

"Well, it's not all set up," Eden responded. "In my case it was for publicity reasons for a movie we were both in. There were lots of photos of us together and we did interviews and then a few months after the movie came out we 'broke up'." She looked over at Ethan and smiled warmly. "I don't think you are boring at all," she told him genuinely. "I really like being with you."

Kylie had been saving up some money that she had been making by doing extra chores around the mansion. She had been planning to buy this leather jacket she wanted, but she now decided that instead she was going to secretly buy Andrew a new guitar. Music was something he loved and was interested in and she wanted him to continue to play and write new music. She knew his guitar had been destroyed in the subway, and that he had been borrowing one from Sam. She just hoped she would have enough money.

"I'll talk to them for you if you want."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:26 pm

It was clear that Ethan was very interested in how that sort of thing worked out. "Oh thats devious." He said but it made a lot of sense! he remembered reading some forum stuff about their break up. "Wouldn't i ruin that sort of thing for you though? "He asked kind of assuming this was a long term kind of thing. "I'm out of element here a bit, outside of the mansion at least. Maybe sometime i'll take ya home with me, get you on a snowboard." He said smiling at Eden, "I like being around you too Eden."

Andrew hadn't really even listened to music too much since that night. Even his lessons suffered a little bit. He thought of the others and shook his head. "no it's ok, they'll leave me alone eventually." He said looking to her. "Besides Kimo might get upset and think he did something wrong and he'll start trying ot make up for it." He . He knew the guy meant well.

"i'm sorry Kylie i'm..not really good at this."

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:49 pm

Eden smiled at Ethan. "I don't care what my publicist thinks about you. I like you and that's what matters. Besides, you're good looking...probably very photogenic," she teased with a grin. She then thought about going with him to Colorado and going snowboarding. "I would like that very much. I haven't been snowboarding in a while. It would be fun."

Kylie was quiet for a moment before speaking again. "Do you want to get out of here for a little while and go do something?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:57 pm

Ethan though he was a good looking guy but not hollywood good. "Yeah, i'm sure your publicist will think the same thing. Man you have a publicist." he said with a smile. His smile grew a bit more when Eden expressed interest in going to Colorado with him. "I'll add that to my list of things to talk with Xavier in the future then." He said. List was pretty short but he felt it was a little soon to be dragging her off to his hometown. Remembering where they were at he turned off the engine, "Alright. Looking forward to this meal, so in the interest of finding out more about ya what else do you like to do thats not so outdoorsy?" He asked.

Andrew's eyes were focusing on his hand and hers not really noticing the silence. hE looked up when she asked if he wanted to leave the mansion for a while. "I'm..not against that i suppose. What did you have mind?" He asked wondering what she wanted to do.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:07 pm

Eden smiled and got out of the car as she considered his question. "I like to draw and paint. I also read quite a bit and like to knit. My grandmother taught me when I was little and I have just kept it up. What about you?"

Kylie thought for a moment. There weren't really a whole lot of options. "We could go see a movie," she offered.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:18 pm

Heading inside the restaurant and giving his reservation info they were lead to a nice table a little further from the window. Ethan figured Eden would appreciate some privacy. "drawing and painting huh? I can barely draw a straight line." He said. He thought of his hobbies, "Well I do like to cook, nothing fancy more hearty stuff. That came out more of a necessity there for a while, my dad's useless in the kitchen." He said. as they sat.

"Whats the biggest thing you knitted?" He asked.

Andrew thought of a movie and looked about the room. At least it would be a change of pace, "Sure a movie sounds fun." he said thinking it would be a pretty good distraction. "I dont want to keep you from anything though, if you were doing something before now." He said. Though the idea of a movie did sound appealing, it was a rare treat for him. "I think i have some money." He said wanting to use his allowance.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:27 pm

Eden did appreciate the fact that their table was in a more private area. She was quite often recognized and she never liked being rude to fans. Tonight, however, she wanted this occasion to be special and private and just about them. "I'm pretty useless in the kitchen as well," she said with a little laugh. "I burn toast. I eat a lot of cereal because you can't really screw that up. I'll have to have you cook something for me sometime then." She took a sip of her water and then looked back up at him. "I have knitted a few blankets. That's probably the biggest thing I've ever knit before."

Kylie figured at the very least going to a movie would get them out of the mansion and give them some time to talk and spend some time together. She didn't really care what they saw. She would let him pick. They got their jackets and she told Logan went to find Logan. Logan and Sabella were together in their room watching some tv. When Logan opened the door Kylie looked at him. "Andrew and I are going to go to a movie."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:47 pm

Ethan made himself comfortable in their little spot feeling pretty good. So far it seemed he had been doing everything right. It was a point of concern for him as he was certain Eden was used to a higher sort of living. He laughed when she pointed out she coudn't cook. "Oh man i set myself up for that one huh. I said i can cook didnt say i'm wonderful." He warned with a grin. "So how bout i cook us a meal if you knit me like a scarf." He said. He figured he'd wear it when Winter came or whe ne was back home.

Logan was enjoying his night with Sabella with very little concern. Unaware of the kids sneaking out the prior night it seemed like things at the mansion were fairly calm and quiet. Getting up upon hearing the knocking he didnt think anything of it until he heard Kylie proclaim she and Andrew were going to a movie. He still didnt trust the guy but at least he didnt scowl at him whenever they cross paths.

"A movie huh, what movie?" He asked thinking things were getting a bit too quiet lately.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:56 pm

Eden grinned at Ethan when he suggested that he would cook a meal for them if she knitted him a scarf. "Deal." A few minutes later the waiter came over to take their order. He did a double take when he saw Eden and his eyes suddenly doubled in size. "Are you Eden Wright?" Eden glanced at Ethan and then looked back at the waiter with a polite smile. "Yes, I am." The waiter smiled nervously at her. "I'm a big fan of yours. I've seen all of your films." Eden smiled again at him. "Thank you." The waiter then remembered what he was there to do. "Oh, right. Are you ready to order?"

Sabella had been curled up with Logan on their bed. They had been kissing a little when Kylie interrupted them. Kylie looked at Logan. "I'm not sure. We are going to figure that out when we get to the theater. This was kinda a last minute decision."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:08 pm

Ethan looked to the waiter when he recognized Eden. He cringed internally hoping this wouldn't ruin the evening. But like a pro Eden seemed to handle the situation. So Ethan kept his mouth shut, it was her life afterall, and thankfully the waiter wasn't making a big deal of it from what he assumed. "Oh right yeah..ill have the pollo picante." he said thinking the chicken with peppers dish sounded pretty good. The waiter just seemed like a regular fan so he didnt see him as any kidn of competition.

Logan watched Kylie trying to see if she was hiding anything. His heart was still breathing rather hard from Sabellas affections. "Alright..dont stay out late that curfew is still in effect." he said. He had half a mind to get on his bike after them to make sure they were actually going to a movie. "You have your phone on you in case something happens right?"

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:13 pm

The waiter barely looked at Ethan, but did get his order. He then looked back at Eden. "And for you Ms. Wright?" She once again gave him a polite smile. "The Carbonara please." The waiter smiled at her. "Excellent choice. I'll get your bread out to you right away." After he left Eden looked at Ethan. "Sorry about that."

Kylie nodded. "We won't and yes I have my phone with me," she said as she pulled it out to show him. After she left Sabella looked at Logan. "You are not going to follow them."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:52 pm

Ethan did feel a bit gilted with the waiter ignoring him but he did his best not to be bothered by it. Of course trying not think about it only made him think more about it. As the waiter left he looked to Eden when she apologized, "Meh its not your fault." He said. The guy made a choice to ignore him thats all. He wasn't used to this, not that he was anyone special but he had never been ignored before. "It's your life, i get it." He said trying to be supportive.

With Kylie taking her leave Logan sighed already trying to htink of a smooth way of excusing himself when Sabella flat out told him he wasn't going to follow them. "who me?" He asked trying to play it off. "Just making sure they'd be safe out there." he tried to reason as he walked back over to sit next to Sabella

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:00 pm

Eden took a sip of her water and then looked at Ethan. "I actually don't like not being able to go out without being recognized. There is no such thing as privacy when you get into a life like this. So, tell me more about your family."

Sabella was glad when Logan came back over and sat down on the bed. "Uh huh...sure," she said rather sarcastically. She then reached over and began to kiss him again, hoping to distract him from Kylie and Andrew.

Meanwhile, Kylie went and found Andrew and together they left the mansion. There was a movie theater only a few blocks away and so they could walk. Kylie was only just now learning how to drive, which was interesting with Logan teaching her. "So, how do you think Eden and Ethan are doing on their date?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:24 pm

Ethan realized that Eden probably didnt get a whole lot of privacy in her life. He was about to ask how she was able to cope but thought better of it. He figured the last thing she wanted to talk about ws her difficulties in life. He thought of his family and found himself missing his dad a little bit. "Well not much to say really, it's just me and my dad, my mom kind of skipped out on us when i was real young." Ethan said. He didnt really have much of an opinion about her and didnt think too much. His dad was very supportive but was rather stern.

"Not too serious a guy but has no problem with the discipline." Ethan said hinting at how much trouble he would get in.

Logan looked to Sabella hearing her dismiss his attempts to brush things off. He returend her kiss his attention slowly but surely shifting from Kylie and Andrew to her...

Andrew had no problem walking and zipped up his jacket and walked beside Kylie along the sidewalk. "Right Ethan did mention a date..i imagine it's going well." He said. The pair seemed to liek one another a good deal. He couldn't think of a reason why things wouldn't go well. "At least Ethan seems like to her as a person and not the star..he's a bit easy to read and is as jumpy and uncomfortable with things like Kimo." he said remembering when he changed in front of them during the camping trip. He figured Ethan was a good enough guy who wouldn't try anything.

"I take Eden was excited for the date?" Andrew asked

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum