The New Recruits

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: The New Recruits

Post by VoltKimo on Thu May 24, 2018 8:26 pm

Andrew felt Kylie squeeze his hand. He kept a hand over his eyes as he swallowed back his emotions. He took a shaky breathed and picked up his glass taking another drink. He appreciated her words but he wasn't sure if he would be okay for giving up. Thinking on his necklace he decided he'd approach the topic of him hooking up with another women at a much later date if at all.

"How long has it been since you've been back?" Andrew asked.

Steve had assumed Andrew would be invited given Forge's deal with Tony. He smiled as Lorelai just made him breakfast. He wasn't sure if he would strick around if things would go wrong between him and Kylie. "Guess we'll have to wait and see how they get on i suppose." Steve said looking to Lorelai. He rubbed his cheek as it still tingled from the electricity from that punch. "Or a death wish, he had to know that woudlnl't have gone down well. Might have broken a knuckle on my face." He said feeling a little guilty

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu May 24, 2018 8:41 pm

Kylie slowly released his hand and looked at him for a moment before responding. "About six months." She fell quiet a moment or two before speaking again. "Are you hungry? I was thinking about going out to get some breakfast at this local place. We can talk or not talk or whatever."

Lorelai finished plating everything and slid his plate over to him before turning off the stove and wiping her hands on a kitchen towel. She began to eat some of her breakfast before she heard her cell phone begin to ring. She answered it quickly when she saw it was Hill. She spoke to her for a few minutes before hanging up and looking at Steve. "We need to finish eating and grab Bucky get over to SHIELD HQ. They have a lead on Mina."

Steve might remember that Mina had been a high ranking SHIELD agent. She had gone missing for a while after a mission, but then re-appeared a few months later and began killing SHIELD agents. SHIELD had been desperately trying to track her down for close to two years now, but she had always seemed to slip through their fingers.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://new-x-men.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Thu May 24, 2018 9:40 pm

Andrew looked to Kylie when she asked if he was hungry and he figured he could eat. Or pass out one of the two. He looked to Kylie and slowly nodded. "yeah i can eat." He said finishing his drink. "You'll have to drive though. Only came in the jet and Forge clipped my wings since my last outing." He said. THough it was hardly his fault he would say, he didnt see that building coming up.

"Not to my mention this mistake." He said holding up his bandaged hand. He stood adn looked to Kylie. "i dont know how to act now.." He admitted.

Steve started to eat as Lorelai answered her phone. He looked up as she mentioned there was a lead on Mina. he took a drink of his coffee and got up. "I'll go wake him and meet you at the garage." He said not wanting to waste time. He knew how much James worried about Mina, even if he kept himself withdrawn about it.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu May 24, 2018 9:50 pm

Kylie was glad when Andrew agreed to join her. He needed to eat if he had been drinking all night and she figured the two of them would have a little more privacy if they left Avengers HQ. She got up and then stopped and looked at him when he admitted he didn't know how to act now.

"I don't really know either," she said softly. "I suppose we will just have to figure that out together."

Lorelai nodded and put the plates in the sink. She finished her coffee and grabbed her things before heading out to the garage as Steve went to go get James up. She got into the SUV and got it started up and ready to go. She pulled her long, dark hair up into a pony tail and waited for the two men.

OOC-I'll let you make up a history between James and Mina if you would like.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Mon May 28, 2018 3:04 pm

Andrew got up with Kylie and they made their way down to the garage to take one of hte cars to head into the city. He thought of the previous night and felt rather foolish kissing her like that. Hindsight and all that coudln't expect us to just start off wehre we left off he thought. He knew there were problems in any case and wasn't sure how long the relationship had if they had stayed at the mansion. Logan was on his case and he chafed under the rules. Despite the uncertain start e had with Forge he was still grateful that he took him in. Maybe things would be better between he and Kylie now that he had calmed some.

"So..anything new about you i need ot know about?" He asked as they drove

Steve had informed James of hte new lead on Mina which promopted an immediate response. Tossing on a shirt and some jeans James had little care about his appearance at the moment. If ther ewas a lead they needed to jump on it immediately. He joined Steve and rushed down to the garage piling in the car. He paid no mind as Steve got in the front seat with Lorelai.

"What have you heard? Did they find out where she was?" James asked as he pulled on his seat belt

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon May 28, 2018 3:49 pm

Kylie walked with Andrew down to the garage and they got into one of the Range Rovers. No one had their own cars officially, but this was Kylie’s favorite car. The Bluetooth came on and began to play a song from their favorite band. It was the same band that he had gotten her tickets for her birthday one year. She pulled the car out and began to head down the drive. She turned the radio down some so they could talk, but left it loud enough that they could still listen.

“Well, I stopped smoking. I..I was doing some other stuff too when Steve and Lorelai found me, but I’m completely clean now. What about you?”

Lorelai had the SUV running and she waited until both Steve and James were in before pulling out.

“I don’t know much. Just that she was spotted in South America. She’s killed another agent though. Agent Stephens.”

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon May 28, 2018 7:12 pm

OOC-so what is the relationship between James and Mina?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Mon May 28, 2018 7:51 pm

Andrew heard the song and memories came flooding back. He had to do a few things to get the money to get those tickets, most of which were honest. HE remembered surprising her with the tickets and the concert itself and how happy she was. It was those memories that had kept him going for so long. He looked to Kylie when she said she had stopped smoking, a point they would argue on. "That's good." Andrew said knowing to give her some slack. SHe had been through a lot obviously.

He thought of himself and what he had been doing. Most of his time was spent looking for her or doing missions for Forge. Fighting and searching. He thought ofh is last assignment and there was something. "learning how to speak Mandarin." Andrew said looking to Kylie. Although it was to make his job easier, and bridge the language gap between himself and the girl he was seeing at the time. "Not too good at it yet though."

James kept to himself when Lorelai informed them that Mina had killed another agent. He had a feeling that she wasn't herself and was being compelled which would make retrieving her that much harder. He began to question if they would be able to subdue her unharmed, as sshe was still quite the fighter obviously.

Steve nodded and looked ahead thinking of their chances. "I assume Fury has a plan? Otherwise we'll get the pertinent information and fly out after her." He said wanting to get Mina back as soon as possible. After the issue with finding Kylie and her recovery he didnt want anyone else hew knew to suffer the same way.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Mon May 28, 2018 7:52 pm

OOC: Well at first i thought they were in a relationship but im starting to think that she played an important role in his rehabilitation? And over time his appreciation for that turned a bit more romantic but he hasn't told her yet

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon May 28, 2018 8:03 pm

OOC-Sounds good to me

IC-Kylie was surprised to hear that Andrew had been learning how to speak Mandarin. However, she also couldn't help but feel proud of him for doing such a thing. "Well, that's quite impressive. You'll have to show me what you've learned so far one day. I doubt I could ever learn another language."

She was quiet a moment before looking over at him slightly. "I like your longer hair by the way."

Lorelai knew that Mina meant a lot to James. Mina had served a prominent role in his rehabilitation and he had come to trust her just as much as Steve. Then, she had watched as his feelings for her had slowly changed into something more He had confided those feelings with Steve and herself, but before he had gotten an opportunity to express those feelings to her she had disappeared. James had been working hard to find her and had never given up hope. He seemed to need to find her. In a way she had saved him, and now it seemed he wanted to repay that favor.

"Hill said that they would talk with us when we got there. I'm not so sure all three of us going after her would be a good idea. My thought is it should just be one of us..."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Mon May 28, 2018 8:35 pm

Andrew rubbed his head at her praise feeling a bit embarrased. "Was making my job a bit easier. And being surrounded by it all the time makes the process easier." He said. "And Forge sent me a few books, it take stimes but its not too bad. I'm sure you could learn another language. you always took to things pretty quick." He said.

He looked to Kylie when she mentioned his hair. "thanks, i kind of ignored it for long while and just decided to let it go. You've grown yours out too." He said having taken notice

James knew what Lorelai was getting at when she advised that only one of them would go. As much as he desperately wanted to see Mina again and confess his feelings he was still concerned about his hcances of saving her. Afterall Lorelai and Steve were succesful in subduing Kylie and getting her the help she needed.

Steve looked to Lorelai but didnt say anything quite yet. He didnt want to bring up James feelings towards Mina like that while he was still in the car. He looked ahead seeing the building coming up. "Bit risky to just send one of us, what if they need back up." Steve said

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon May 28, 2018 8:57 pm

Kylie nodded slightly when he mentioned that she had also grown her hair out. "Yeah, I was thinking about cutting it recently, but I quite like it. It's a pain in the ass to dry though," she remarked with a little grin. She glanced over at him for a moment as they came to a stop light and was quiet for a while before finally asking the question she had been wanting to ask since they had gotten into the car. "Have you been seeing anyone? And I want to say that I realize how much time has passed and will not be mad or upset by what you say. I'm genuinely just curious about your life since...well...since the last time we saw each other."

"Well, I don't necessarily think that just one of us should go entirely since we don't know how Mina will react, but I think James should be the one to engage her. Out of all of us he knows her the best. He can connect with her on a level that neither of us really can."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Mon May 28, 2018 9:22 pm

Andrew felt the blood drain from his face when Kylie asked if he had been seeing someone. When he was first seeing Wen he hadn't anticipated seeing Kylie again. She made his heart beat again and he didnt want to admit that aloud. He missed her but both knew it was only a short relationship. Obviously it took him a while to answer so it was just as good as a yes. But he did respond eventually, "Yeah..in Beijing i met someone. Worked alongside her for bout..7 months." He said. "kind of a joint operation and Forge sent me to represent him. And one thing led to another..." He said with a nod not wanting to get too much into the details.

Steve looked back to James as if to say something. "I'll do it." James interrupted not liking the situation. "I'll confront her, its the least i could do . Wouldn't want anything to happen to Steve right Lorelai." He said insinuating there was something going on.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon May 28, 2018 9:31 pm

Kylie listened to the silence between them and knew in his hesitation to answer what the answer was. However, she remained silent and waited for him to actually respond. She listened quietly when he told her that he had met someone in Beijing. She nodded slightly and as she promised she wasn't angry or upset. She pulled into the restaurant's parking lot and parked the car. However, before she turned off the engine she looked at him.

"So, are you still seeing her?"

Lorelai had not suggested James being the one to confront Mina in order to put him in danger, but she genuinely thought he would have the best chance at talking to her and finding out what was going on. They were all concerned for her and knew that this was not like her at all. However, when James insinuated that something was going on between Steve and herself she felt her face flush ever so slightly. She forced herself not to glance at Steve. Her grip on the steering wheel tightened slightly, but thankfully at that moment they pulled up to SHIELD HQ.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Mon May 28, 2018 9:43 pm

Andrew noticed that Kylie didnt turn off the engine when she asked if he was still seeing Wen. It was a no but they still kept in touch. "No it was just...complicated i suppose." he said. The mission was coming to an end and they both agreed that it would be best for thme to remain friends. He wasn't sure if she meant it but he wasn't going to question it now. "Woudln't have kissed you last night if i was still seeing her." he pointed out looking to Kylie. Although he still wore the necklace, a gift from that would protect him and bring him fortune she'd say.

Steve kept his eyes forward and James noticed the slight tension. BUt he didnt press it as they pulled up to the building. His jokes would have to wait until much later. James walked ahead knowing where Hills office was leaving Steve and Lorelai to walk side by side. Steve looked to Lorelai, "I think that's my fault. I think that last date he or Sam saw us walking together." Steve said with a slight smile.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon May 28, 2018 9:55 pm

Kylie nodded and looked ahead a moment before looking over at Andrew. "I still love you Andrew as much as that last day we were together. But time has passed differently for us. For you almost three full years has passed and for me...well my memories are hazy at best. I...I'm not I would want to remember everything if I'm honest. I will understand if the future holds nothing for us together anymore because of that. I only want you to be happy. It's all I've ever wanted."

Lorelai watched as James walked ahead of Steve and herself towards Hill's office. She and Steve were left alone and she glanced over at him when he confessed that they might have been seen together on their last date. "Well, I think it's nearing the time when we need to just come out our relationship to those that are closest to us. They will find out sooner or later."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Mon May 28, 2018 10:10 pm

Andrew heard Kylie out and thought of how mjuch time was taken from them. That feeling of guilt that he gave up crept in a bit but knew he had to stop worrying. Even Wen had faith that he would find her again. "I'm not sure what would make me happy. haven't been happy in the longest time. Then Beijing and then i walk into a room and there you are." He said looking at her.

"Like the past three years was some sort of test and i get you back." Andrew said. He had gone through some changes and had more of a futuresight than before Kylie disappeared. "I dont know what will happen in the future but..i do want to be at your side." He said taking up her hand.

Steve was a bit unsure how the others would take their relationship but knew they would have to come out with it eventually. "I know, just trying to find the right words to say is going to be hard." he said. "And a few of them are going to be smug like they knew all along." He said walking with Lorelai.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon May 28, 2018 10:21 pm

Kylie felt a few tears come to her eyes as she looked at Andrew. Andrew hadn't just been the man she loved, but her best friend as well. Having him back meant having those two important figures in her life back, which she desperately needed. She gave his hand a loving squeeze and looked into his eyes. "Well...we did make one hell of a team."

Lorelai and Steve reached Hill's office and found Fury, Hill, and James already there. Hill quickly got them caught up. "So Mina was spotted in a small town in South America just yesterday. We've confirmed it's her. It appears she might be living her...or at least staying there for the time being. Time is of the essence here."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Tue May 29, 2018 7:42 pm

Andrew held Kylie's hand seeing that she was close to tears. He felt that they were on a good path. he wasn't sure where it would lead them but it was positive. "well hope you've been training in that case. I've worked out quite a bit but i dont think my shoulders are up for carrying your ass all the time." He teased feeling a bit more open.

Steve listened to the briefing and looked to James who seemed stone faced. "We'll get a jet prepped and leave immediately then." He said thinking that Lorelai was right in sending in James to subdue Mina.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue May 29, 2018 7:47 pm

Kylie wiped away a few tears and laughed at Andrew's comment. Her smile was genuine and bright. "I think you've forgotten that I'm an Avenger now so I think you'll be keeping up with me," she teased back. She then turned off the car and got out with him to head into the restaurant.

Commander Hill stopped James and spoke to him privately as Steve and Lorelai went to help get the jet prepped. "You have our permission to kill Mina if you feel it is necessary Barnes. I have a feeling you won't consider it, but we would rather you do that than to let her get away."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Tue May 29, 2018 8:21 pm

Andrew got out o the car smiling at her comment, "Right an Avenger, we'll see eventually." He said rather curious to see what she was capable of. He knew that Forge would take some time to decide if they wanted to set up a partnership with the Avengers so he wasn't too worried. He followed Kylie into the restaurant and after they got a seat he immediately requested coffee knowing he would need it to stay awake. "Still jet lagged, body thinks its the middle of the night." He said not having adjusted completely to the new time zones. He looked to Kylie, "I assume you've done some missions for them then?" He asked

James listened to Hill as he gave permission for him to use lethal force. He understood that Mina was a risk and had killed a few people already. "I understand the situation sir, i'll take it under advisement." He said feleing conflicted about the entire situation. He'd confide in Steve and Lorelai along the way knowing he coudlnt understimate or let his guard down if he was going against Mina. he joined them at the jet that was warmed up and ready for takeoff. As he got strapped in he simply stated, "I've been given clearance to terminate Mina..."

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue May 29, 2018 8:32 pm

They were seated at a booth near the window and Kylie also ordered some coffee. At one time she hadn't touched the stuff, but now she found she quite enjoyed it. "I have done a few. The last one was in Spain with Lorelai. I really like her. She's taught me quite a lot...and I suspect there's something going on between her and Steve."

Lorelai was a trained pilot and had the jet ready to go by the time James joined them. She looked over at James as he stated rather simply that he had been given permission to terminate Mina. "Is that what you are going to do?"

OOC-FYI Commander Hill is a woman. Smile http://media.comicbook.com/2016/05/maria-hill-183031.png

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Tue May 29, 2018 8:53 pm

OOC: crap! I knew the name was familiar but i coudln't find her info online

IC:

Andrew raised an eyebrow when Kylie ordered the same. Time had passed theres probably a few other things we dont know he thought. He knew he had changed a few things. he thought of Lorelai and Steve and felt some anger well up, or maybe it was his busted hand. "First time i met them Steve was pretty damn protective of her." he said thinking of the situation with the Hulk. "You think Steve and Lorelai are a thing though?"

James thought of what he was doing to do. "I'm not sure. I know i cant rule it out." He said. Getting close to her would force close quarters which he felt he had the advantage. "I'll do my best to bring her in alive but i doubt she'll come quietly.:

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue May 29, 2018 9:02 pm

Kylie opened up her menu and glanced at it. "I think they've been a thing for a while. The way Steve looks at her when he thinks no one is looking...he looks at her like a man in love. I guess they are trying to keep it a secret though so no of us has said anything...though I know James and Sam also suspect what is going on. It's rather complicated though since Steve isn't just Steve...he's also Captain America and with that comes a lot of political crap. He has to be very careful about everything."

Lorelai glanced at James and could see the conflict in his eyes. She sighed a little and looked at Steve before getting the jet into the air and heading towards the coordinates they had been given.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Tue May 29, 2018 10:19 pm

Andrew looked at the menu grateful that it was in english. His tired eyes scanned the menu, he liked the food that he had overseas but he was looking forward to some standard fare. "I'm ordering all of the bacon." He sighed happily. He looked to Kylie when she went on about Steve and Lorelai. "I'll have to take your word for it, my interactions with them were some time ago and oh god i swung at Captain America." He said that finally dawning on him.

He thought of Lorelai and something else clicked. "What controversy would that cause? It's not like shes married..oh no Captain America has needs like any other guy." Andrew said.

The flight was fairly quiet as James was focused on the task at hand. He closed his eyes and thought of Mina on how they first met and how much she helped him recover from trauma of everything he had endured. He drifted to sleep uninentionally given the time it would take for them to get to the drop off point

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum