The New Recruits

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The New Recruits

Post by Admin on Mon May 21, 2018 9:45 pm

A few days later Steve and Lorelai flew to upstate New York to meet with Professor Xavier and Logan about Kylie. Her behavior had only gotten worse and even Logan agreed that it was time to try something different, as much as it broke his heart to see her go. Kylie wasn't ungrateful at all for what everyone had done for her, but couldn't stay in the mansion. Without Andrew there with her it wasn't her home anymore. He had taken her there after she had gotten very sick with, what turned out to be, pneumonia. If he hadn't taken her there when he had she would have died. She owed both Andrew and Professor Xavier and Logan her life, but this was what she needed now. She was given a room in Avengers HQ and she settled in quickly. They first broke her smoking habit and then began to work on her training. After years of living on the streets, Kylie had become quite a strong street fighter. She was quick and combined with her powers, quite deadly.

Lorelai and Steve both worked with her one on one to enhance those skills. Kylie loved the challenge. Every day they pushed her a little harder and she excelled. Her agitation and depression vanished and both Lorelai and Steve were impressed with her skills. After a trial period they all agreed to bring her onto the Avengers team officially. Kylie was thrilled when she got her very own suit, though at night when she was alone she still laid there thinking about Andrew. She had been told about how hard he had looked for her and it brought tears to her eyes to think about how lonely he must have been. They were the only ones who fully understood each other. They had not only been boyfriend and girlfriend...but each other's best friend. When she had left the mansion with Steve and Lorelai she had taken with her a scrapbook she had made containing pages of pictures of them together as well as other memorabilia, including the ticket stubs to the concert Andrew had taken her to for her birthday one year. Next to it was a picture of the two of them standing together at the concert wearing band tee-shirts. They were laughing and smiling and looked truly happy. Kylie kept the scrapbook in her top dresser drawer and pulled it out every night to look at it.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://new-x-men.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The New Recruits

Post by VoltKimo on Mon May 21, 2018 10:20 pm

Forge had given Andrew some time off before a mission drew his attention to the far east. Andrew would spend months as an envoy for Forge assisting their contacts with various tasks. Forge thought it would help Andrew find his path. The nights even in china were just as cold and lonesome as they were in the states. Overtime his faith in find Kylie dwindled until one day he stopped thinking about her. It was very noticeable at first as to what happened but then it became more subtle. the pain eased and Andrew was able to function. He even had a brief fling with another mutant

When that guilt set in the mission was finished and that relationship came to an amicable end. Andrew returned to the states and reunited with Forge. His guilt returned hwen he came across the box of memories he had of Kylie. Tellling himself that he wasn't meant to find her eever again he placed the box away.

Months later Forge received an invitation to the Avengers mansion to discuss a possible partnership. Together they boarded a jet and headed to the mansion. Andrew was grumbling the entire way not sure if he wanted to join up with the Avengers. "Bunch of busy work." Andrew said leaning his head back as they made their way.

Tony had requested everyone to the lounge to welcome their guests so they could make their pitch. The reasoning he wanted Forge was his aptitude with technology. If the rumors were true than the mutant had created wonders that Tony would be pressed to create. Seeing how successful Kylie's training was coming along Steve was more than happy to look at potential recruits.

"He did mention he was bringing a guest, kind of a package deal." Tony warned the others. "Dont know who but it can't hurt to have another person to look at." Tony reasoned as the others arrived in the lounge. Steve took a seat and assumed the other Avengers would arrive shortly. Tony looked over to Kylie, "Least we'll have another mutant on the team. Should make the place feel more like hoem right?" He asked her.

There was a clap of thunder as Thor had arrived on the landing pad. He had seen in the distance a n approaching jet that Forge was flying. Further on storm clouds were coming in making their trip a little bumpy.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon May 21, 2018 10:35 pm

Kylie wasn't sure how she felt about the possibility of new recruits. She personally liked their team the way it was and didn't want things to change. She had a difficult time trusting people and it had taken time for her to trust everyone on the team the way it was now. She felt they worked well together, but it wasn't her team to make or not make those decisions. She would just have to live with it and make the best of it. Steve and Lorelai had taken a huge chance on her and she owed them that much. She felt like she was racking up debt to people right and left and she wasn't sure how she was ever going to repay everyone for all they had done for her. She was sitting there and she looked over at Tony slightly when he suggested that having another mutant on the team would make her feel more at home.

"I already feel at home."

She sighed and then got up and walked out of the lounge and into the kitchen. She grabbed a Dr. Pepper from the fridge and stood there a moment trying to relax. The sound of distant thunder outside wasn't helping her. Many years ago, when she had been only 6 years old, her father had forced her to stay outside all night during a terrible thunderstorm as punishment for dropping a glass and breaking it. The storm had been severe had ever since then she had been so terrified of them that when Andrew realized it he had begun slipping into her room at night to lay there and hold her until it passed. She missed feeling those arms around her. She felt safe and whole in those arms. She didn't know where Andrew was at that moment, but she hoped he was alright and happy.

She suddenly heard a jet landing and knew that their guests had arrived. She sighed and took her drink and walked back into the lounge. She took her seat and opened up her drink and took a sip.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Tue May 22, 2018 7:42 pm

Tony gave a shrug as Kylie said she already felt at home. It made Steve feel a bit better about how she was adapting to the mansion. A few others of the team entered the lounge as Tony brought up a screen showing information on Forge. Sam crossed his arms hearing the jet coming in. He looked to the information on the screen about their guest. "So what's this guys deal?" He asked.

Tony had picked up his glass and began to give Forge's background, a vietnam vet, a mutant whose ability seemed to revolve around technology. And much to somes surprise Tony admitted that some of his tech rivaled his own. He clicked his remote a few times showing more pictures of some of the marvels he created. If Kylie were to look up a few images of a new aircraft came up and leaning against the fuselage was Andrew. The picture was about 6 months old marking the occasion that Andrew arrived in China to assist a local team.

Forge landed the jet just as the rain began to fall. Andrew pulled his hair back into a messy ponytail and pulled on his hat as he grabbed a few bags. He was dressed in jeans and a shirt with a sleeveless vest. Looking up to the sky sent a chil down his back. He loved the rain and thunder, the sound and smell of the rain fall always improved his mood. And he swore he could feel the lightning strikes on his skin.

"We have to go inside." Forge said knowing that look. He would often find him just sitting on the patio watching the rainfall with a drink in hand. Took him some time to find it was therapeutic for him. "I'm not saying we're going to join up with them but it doesn't hurt to hear them out ya know?" He said nudging Andrew along. He huffed and walked with Forge inside before they got too wet.

Andrew lifted his hat up a bit as they walked inside the mansion and the first person they spotted was Thor. Neither man knew how to approach the large man in armor. "That's one hell of a doorman." Andrew said not familiar with him. The trio spent a few moments talking until Thor lead them to the lounge.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue May 22, 2018 7:54 pm

Kylie sat there quietly and listened as Tony went over some basic information about Forge. She noticed the bionic arm and glanced at Bucky, thinking he might bond with him just because of that fact. Bucky, otherwise known as James Buchanan Barnes, was Steve's best friend and the two of them had fought together in WWII. Steve had thought he had lost Bucky during the war, but then decades later he resurfaced as the Winter Soldier. His mind had been corrupted and he was under some sort of mind control. Thankfully, Steve had found him and he had been taken to Wakanda to recuperate and recover. Kylie liked Bucky. He and Sam had become like uncles to her.

Kylie took a sip of her Dr. Pepper and then suddenly a photograph that was displayed on the screen caught her attention. She nearly choked on her drink and coughed a little when she saw Andrew's picture. It was him! He was a little older and his hair was longer, but it was him. There was no question in her mind. Her heart suddenly began to pound in her chest. What if he showed up today? She had wanted to see him for so long, but she had been afraid to try and find him. She had no idea what she would say, or what he would say. She had just hoped he had found happiness because she truly believed he deserved it. She put her drink down when she heard footsteps coming closer. Her palms began to sweat and she began to tremble. First Thor walked in, followed by Forge...and then Andrew. Her breath caught in her chest as their eyes met across the room.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Tue May 22, 2018 8:22 pm

Steve froze seeing the picture of Andrew and looked to Lorelai fearing that Forge's guest would have been him. Just as he was about to address Kylie to just get it out in the open Thor opened the door into the lounge. Forge walked in behind him and Andrew continued to haul in the luggage. "Seriously no i got it." He complained under his breath. Andrew left the bags on teh ground and turned to face the others finding the mansion rather nice. He adjusted his hat as his eyes took in the group. Until his eyes fell on Kylie and his face slowly turned neutral as a multitude of emotions erupted inside.

Forge turend to look to Andrew to see if he was alright when he noticed he was staring. He followed his vsion and spotted Kylie. He lifted a hand, "Hey..w-wait isn't that?" He began as he recognized her from the pictures. Andrew took a breath realizing he had been holding it the whole time. He had no idea on how to approach this. His eyes flew to Lorelai and Steve two people he asked for help in finding her and here she was. He felt a familiar emotion so he focused on that. Anger.

He gave a laugh shook his head and turned leaving the room holding his head. Forge knowing the significance of Kylie. "I'll be..right back just.. give us a minute." He said hurrying after Andrew. Steve got up and walked after him knowing that he had some explaining to do and Thor followed after.

The rest of the team sat there quietly and Tony took a drink seeing a possible partnership/recruit slowly catch flame. "I feel like i'm mising a few chapters." Tony simply said. Sam walked to the door and looked down the hall.

"Well the guest is getting a bit upset with Steve, Steve's apologizing.." Sam said describing the scene. There was a flash of a light and a yelp of pain followed by cursing. "And the new guy just punched Steve and i think broke his hand. Nice recruits Tony." Sam said looking over to Tony whos shoulder slumped in defeat.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue May 22, 2018 8:35 pm

Kylie didn't know how to feel. The man she loved...her best friend was finally standing in front of her again and instead of being happy he looked upset and angry. This was exactly what she had feared might happen. She watched as he suddenly turned and fled the room and she felt tears come to her eyes. She quickly got up and left the lounge. She headed to her room, which thankfully was the opposite way that Andrew had gone. She went inside and shut the door and sat on her bed and began to cry.

Lorelai watched Kylie flee and she felt guilt rise up inside of her. She got up and followed Steve out. She looked at Andrew. "Listen, I need you to take a few deep breaths and calm down. Yes, Steve and I found Kylie a few months after the Hulk incident, but believe me when I tell you she was not the Kylie you knew. These people messed her up badly. We had to take her back to Professor Xavier to try and heal her mind. He and Logan did the best they could, but it wasn't enough. So Steve and I decided to bring her here. We've been working with her...training her. It's been the best thing for her. She wanted to see you again, but she was afraid Andrew. In her mind not that much time has passed...but for you its been three years. That's a long time and she had no idea what to expect. I tried to call you myself, but your phone number was no longer in service. Please...just understand we did everything we thought was best for Kylie."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Tue May 22, 2018 8:55 pm

After hitting Steve, he used his power to accelerate his punch which proved to be rather dumb, his hand was throbbing and he was gripping his wrist in a vain attempt to cut off the pain. Forge sighed as Steve righted himself as Lorelai came over. Steve would be fine ultimately.

Andrew tried to ball his fist but it sent a new wave of pain that made tears well up in his eyes. Forge tried to calm him as Lorelai tried to explain Kylie's situation. "So everyone but me knew where she was..well fucking great." He said looking at Lorelai. He felt a pang in his heart when she pointed out that they were doing was for the best for Kylie. Yet more people who could help her more than he ever could, so why was he needed then. "Do you think i know how to react if i found her? Two and a half years of looking Lorelai and this is how i fucking find out? Xavier didnt think of just popping into my head?

"Andrew relax." Forge said. Andrew kept hold of his hand and looked to the ground. His body shook as tears threatened. "Lets just..call it a night for now and sort things out tomorrow." Forge said wanting to cut Andrew off before he said anything harmful. "Thor had informed us of what rooms we'll be staying in, I'll get him sorted." Forge said. Steve wanted to say soemthing but nothing came as Forge began to lead Andrew along.

Steve looked to Lorelai and breathed out not sure how they were going to fix this. "We'll try and patch this up as quiet as we can. The others dont need to know their business." Steve said looking to Thor who gave a nod. Hew as rather partial to the young man despite their brief meeting. "We should check on Kylie in any case." Steve said looking back to Lorelai.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue May 22, 2018 9:06 pm

Lorelai sighed as Forge led Andrew away. Of course she didn't blame Andrew for his reaction, but she wished he would at least understand in time. She looked over at Steve when he suggested they check on Kylie. "I'll go check on her. You go back to the others." She walked down to Kylie's room and was in there for a few minutes before coming out. She met up with Steve in a quiet area. "She's pretty upset. I'm hoping she'll get some sleep."

Meanwhile, Kylie lay on her bed, her eyes red from crying. She had missed Andrew so much that it caused her heart to ache with pain. Andrew had been her rock. He had protected her and loved her for who she was. No one else would ever understand her like he had. She had shared things with him that she had never shared with anyone else...nor would she ever. She got up an pulled out her scrapbook and brought it back over to the bed. As the storm slowly began to get worse she lay there looking at old pictures until she curled up into a ball and trembled as the thunder rattled over head.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Tue May 22, 2018 9:29 pm

Steve was hoping that Lorelai would come back with some news. He wasn't expecting Kylie would be 100% but he was hoping she would be stable. "We'll check on her again in the morning." He said sitting down. The alcove had a soft light and a few chairs. It was one of the man rooms thats gave a beautiful view of the country side. "I dont know how this was supposed to happen." Steve said admitting he hadn't anticipated how the reunion was going to happen. He looked to Lorelai, "Feel like we failed this one." Steve said.

As time went on Andrew had his hand wrapped up tightly by Forge and was left to think in his own room. He walked to the bed and pulled off his hat and vest. He clutched at the necklace that he wore, a gift from the girl he was seeing not even a month prior. "you were right, i shoudln't have given up." He said. She was supportive of him and beleived that he would find Kylie one day. He looked to the piece of jade at the end of the cord and lied down on the bed. He reached up to the radio that rested next to the bed and adjusted the frequency to a local jazz station.

He cracked a window listening to the rain fall from the storm as a slow song came on. He gripped the necklace and stared at the ceiling sorting out his feelings. "I gave up on her..how can i face her." He said to no one. After a few moments he gave up trying to figure out if he was mad, sad or happy. He sat up hearing another thunderclap and left his room. Feeling thos tears threatening he stepped out into the hallway and began to look around for Kylies room.

After searching for some time he found what he assumed was her room. He gave a knock at the door and if Kylie were to open it he would just look her in the eye and kiss her

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue May 22, 2018 9:39 pm

As the thunder got louder, Kylie pulled herself tighter and tighter into a ball on her bed. She closed her eyes tightly, trying to push back those memories of that night her father had forced her to stay out during a severe thunderstorm as punishment for dropping a glass. She had been just six years old. Years later, out on the street, Kylie hid from another storm in a back alleyway. Andrew had found her huddled in a corner, trembling and crying. That night their relationship had changed. He had taken her to his hideout in the abandoned subway station and there she had remained until she had nearly died from pneumonia.

She trembled as she heard a knock at her door. Slowly, she forced herself to get up. No one in the Avengers knew about her severe fear of thunderstorms and so she always pretended she was alright around them when one was happening. She expected to see Steve or Sam when she opened the door, but didn't see either of them. Instead, standing before her was Andrew...the only person in the entire mansion that she wanted to see. In her eyes he would see a mixture of pain, fear, and love. She loved him and always would. When he kissed her she closed her eyes and kissed him back.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Tue May 22, 2018 9:55 pm

Andrew remembered that day fondly in hindsight. It took them a while to trust one another and the days of fighting one another were quickly forgotten. He remembered the rains and how it soothed him but the thunder frightened Kylie. He wanted to protect her and shield her away from all of the horrible things in the world but he failed...

His tears fell as he continued to kiss Kylie wrapping his arm around her as thunder struck keeping her close to him. He gently moved her back and closed the door

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue May 22, 2018 10:00 pm

Kylie practically melted into Andrew's arms as he wrapped his arms around her. They moved back into her room and she heard him close the door behind them. She pulled back from the kiss and began to sob.

"I'm sorry...I'm so sorry. I've missed you so much. I...I wanted to come find you but I was afraid."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Tue May 22, 2018 10:11 pm

Andrew held Kylie close trying to the right words to say but nothing came to mind. Greif was overwhelming him as he had given up. He closed his eyes thinking of how long he looked for her only to walk away from it. He had grown through strife and he could tell Kylie had done the same. He knew he would be able to see things from her side eventually but he was still struggling with his feelings.

"Im sorry i coudln't find you..."

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue May 22, 2018 10:17 pm

Kylie struggled to get herself under control emotionally, but it was difficult. She could tell he was struggling with his feelings and she didn't know what to do. She tried to step away from him, but a very loud crack of thunder sounded right overhead and she jumped and she grabbed hold of him. She buried her head against his chest and trembled against him.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Tue May 22, 2018 10:23 pm

Andrew hesitated to reach out to keep her close when the thunder struck again forcing her back into his arms. Looking to the windows at the storm he remembered then just how much she hated thunderstorms. "Still afraid of thunder and lightning?" He asked. In their early days of the relationships during a storm, even in the subway station the storms could be heard. He would be sitting on the couch listening intently to the rain and would take notice of Kylie flinching whenever thunder struck. Smiling at her he would ask her that question and then would hold her despite protest. No matter the time of day or night he would remain awake listening to the thunder and holding Kylie to him promising to keep her safe and dry.

He closed his eyes and wrapped both arms around her using one hand to stroke her hair

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue May 22, 2018 10:30 pm

Kylie slowly relaxed in Andrew's arms. They were familiar, warm, and strong. She breathed in his scent and remembered those days in the subway. Those had been some of the happiest days of her life. She and Andrew had found comfort in one another and protected each other. The came to trust each other with their lives and were fiercely loyal. They became a team and did anything they could for each other.

After a short while they ended up laying together on her bed. Kylie was spooned in Andrew's arms and as the storm began to pass she slowly drifted asleep. Next to her feet on the bed Andrew would find the scrapbook she had been looking at. The earliest photograph she had of the was actually from the subway. They had found a film camera someone had discarded and had taken some pictures. The very last picture in the scrapbook had been taken only weeks before she had been taken. In between those two pictures were several years worth of photographs and memories lovingly kept and treasured by her.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Wed May 23, 2018 8:40 pm

Andrew held Kylie close in the same manner that he used to when they were in the subway. Those days were filled with careless fun, they would sleep as much as they want cause havoc wherever they wanted. It was days of freedom. And childlike naivety he thought. He knew if they stayed there Kylie would have worsened. Even if she didnt get sick becoming adults on the street would no longer be as relaxing.

He closed his eyes and just simply held her until he realized she had drifted to sleep. Carefully he unwrapped his arms around her and took a good look at her. She had undergone some changes and he was certain he had as well. Feeling something hard at his feet he got up and looked to the scrapbook. He looked through a few pictures and felt that guilt gnaw at him some more. He flipped through a few pages memories springing to mind immediately at each picture. Not wanting to disturb Kylie the quietness was starting to get to him and those thoughts started creeping in. He carefully placed the scrapbook on a nearby desk and carefully placed a blanket over her before taking his leave.

Woudln't look good if he stepped out of her room in the morning and run into someone. On his way back he enoticed the lounges doors were open and there was a bar inside...

OOC: shall we move on to the morning?

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 23, 2018 8:48 pm

OOC-Sure. Do you want to start us off?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Wed May 23, 2018 9:11 pm

The next morning arrived and a few members of the Avengers were up and moving about. Forge had taken the opportunity to look over the mansion and marvel at the tech. He found himself drawn into a conversation Dr Banner and were talking things over a cup of coffee.

Steve had stayed up for a good chunk of the night feeling that guilt gnaw at him. He had hopes that Kylie wouldn't be upset with them, they weren't aware that Andrew oudl be Forge's guest after all but even then they should have said something to her about Andrew looking for her. He got up and decided to go and see Lorelai to see if she had thought of something.

Andrew was still jet lagged and hadn't slept overnight. The combination of impending fatigue and alcohol was taking their toll on him as he rested his head on the bar. Soft jazz played in the lounge as he relaxed on the stool. Despite how he felt he was grateful he coudln't focus on his thoughts clearly. It afforded him a chance to sort out his feelings and thoughts. He made the decision to tell Kylie that he had stopped looking for her. He was still debating if he wanted to tell her that he had a relationship.

For Steve and Lorelai and the X men he was still pissed. He lifted his busted arm up and moved his head on it to use as a cushion as he stared at the glass of ice water. He thought of going to Kylie but felt it best not to rush into anything so quick.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 23, 2018 9:25 pm

Kylie awoke the following morning alone in her bed. At first the night before seemed like a dream, until she saw that her scrapbook had been moved and realized that a blanket had been put over her. She got up and walked into her bathroom and took a quick shower. The warm water felt refreshing and it allowed her to relax. Her thoughts continued to wander to Andrew and she knew that they would have a lot to talk about today. She wasn't sure where the conversation would take them, but she didn't have any real hope that their was still a relationship between them to be salvaged. Two and a half years of her life had been taken from her. She couldn't expect Andrew to have waited all that time. He was a good guy and deserved to be happy. That was all she wanted for him.

She dressed and dried her hair. It was a good deal longer than he had last seen it. While at the mansion she had kept it about collar bone length, but now it was much longer and fell in soft waves. She no longer wore the heavy black eyeliner she used to wear. Her makeup was simple and minimal. She looked far more mature and, though she had always been trim, her training with Steve and Lorelai had toned up her body. However, she was still the Kylie Andew knew and had loved.

She stepped out of her room and began to look for him. She discovered what room he had been given and knocked on the door but he wasn't there. She looked around some more before finding him at the bar. She quietly walked over to him and took a seat on the barstool beside him. At first she wasn't sure what to say. She hated the awkward silence between them. They used to be able to talk about anything and everything.

"...Thank you for last night. I...I really appreciate it."

Meanwhile, Lorelai was in the kitchen making some breakfast. When she saw Steve walk in she began to make some more eggs and bacon. She hadn't slept well the night before and could tell that Steve hadn't either. She sighed a little.

"So, I'm guessing you didn't sleep well either."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Wed May 23, 2018 10:04 pm

Andrew continued to watch a trail of water roll down the glass as Kylie approached. He took a deep breath trying to think of something to say but nothing came. Looking at him closer now she could tell he had bulked up a bit, whatever he had been doing for the past years it was certainly active. She could also tell he was dead tired by the redness in his eyes. The silence was definitely notable and he found himself gripping his necklace a bit. When Kylie spoke up about the prior night he gave a nod.

"It's no problem." He said internally screaming at himself. He still didnt know how he would have reacted when eh found Kylie. He forced himself to sit up and took a drink of the water. "So..you're an Avenger huh." He asked deciding to go with the obvious. "You're moving up quick in the world Kylie." he complimented.

Steve rubbed his neck seeing Lorelai assuming the same exact thing. "Yeah, slightly sore jaw would do that." he said with a small smile. He leaned against the counter and watched her cook for a moment picturing her in an apron on her little farm. "Still debating on how to best to approach this. want to make sure Kylie is alright and try and make peace with Andrew before he tries and break a hand against my face."

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 23, 2018 10:15 pm

Kylie looked at Andrew slightly and could see that he had changed as well. However, what she saw she liked. He had always been attractive in her eyes, even when they had been at each other's throats, but now he seemed more mature. His hair was a little longer than she remembered and he wore it pulled back. She noticed him gripping something under his shirt and assumed it was a necklace. She had not given him one so she wondered if a woman had given it to him.

"Yeah, I'm an Avenger now," she replied. "I'm still really new though and the youngest on the team."

She was quiet a moment before she looked at Andrew. "Please don't be upset with Lorelai and Steve. I, unfortunately, remember everything about that time and I was really messed up. I...I still have nightmares. I don't think you would have really recognized me and I probably would have hurt you."

Lorelai seasoned the eggs, knowing exactly how Steve liked his eggs cooked. She started up some toast and poured him a cup of coffee as the eggs and bacon continued to cook. "You know I've been thinking about this all night and I think at this point we should just step back and let them work it out. We shouldn't interfere anymore. Let's just see what happens and go from there."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Wed May 23, 2018 10:24 pm

Andrew gave a nod when Kylie downplayed her being an Avenger. "Still impressive though. Youngest member or not." He said. He looked to the wrapping on his hand and knew it would be swollen for a while. He knew he probably could have handled the situation a bit better with Steve but there was a lot going in his head at the time.

"Kylie I..i didnt know how i'd act if i found you but i knew you wouldn't be yourself." Andrew said looking to the glass. He tapped it a few times trying to think of anything else. He closed his eyes and took a breath. "I gave up looking for you earlier..about a month after i meet Lorelai and Steve for the first time. Couldn't handle finding another dead end." Andrew admitted.

Steve walked over to Lorelai accepting the mug of coffee and heard her out. He wanted to argue that they caused the issue but really thought about what she was saying. They should butt out and let them figure things out. "If this partnership doesnt go through with us and Forge do you think Andrew would stick around?" He asked. "I looked over the dossier last night that Forge was kidn enough to share, he was sent on a few missions in China of all places." he said. It was an attempt for Andrew to get as far from anything familiar as possible and to Forge's credit it did a lot of good for him.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 23, 2018 10:31 pm

Kylie looked at Andrew and could tell that he was struggling emotionally with something that he wanted to tell her. When he finally admitted that he had stopped looking for her she sat there for a moment before slowly reaching out and taking his hand into her own. She gave it a gentle squeeze and looked at him. "Andrew, I'm not mad at you. No one could have expected you to look for me forever. They told me how long you did look for me." Tears came to her blue eyes as she thought about how lonely he must have been. "You did the best you could and anyone who says otherwise will have to answer to me. You had a life though you had to live."

Lorelai thought about having Andrew on the team as she began to plate Steve's breakfast. "I think that it all depends on what happens with Kylie and Andrew. I don't think he's going to want to stick around if things are awkward and weird between them. I would like him on the team though. Kid's got some balls on him if he's going to punch you," she teased with a grin.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum