New X-Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mariah's Recovery

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mariah's Recovery Empty Mariah's Recovery

Post by Black Widow Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:47 pm

The next few days were especially tough for Mariah. She finally picked up the letter from her mother and opened it up and read it. By the end she was crying so hard that she had to be given a sedative so she wouldn't harm herself accidentally. When she awoke a SHIELD psychiatrist was there to give Mariah a mental examination. Her conclusion was that Mariah was suffering from a mental breakdown over everything that had recently occurred in her life. She actually believed that this breakdown would ultimately be good for Mariah as she tended to keep things bottled up inside of her. Mariah would be remaining in SHIELD custody until she was deemed mentally stable again. No one knew exactly how long it would be, but Nick had already issued a statement to the press saying that Mariah would be temporarily stepping away from the Avengers. No charges would be pressed against her by SHIELD and she would be given her full status and rank back once she was cleared by the psychiatrist.

Mariah would go from fits of near hysterics, to a strange calmness, to an almost catatonic state. She was on anti-depressants and anxiety medication and had daily meetings with Dr. Weston. James stayed with her most of the time, but there were also times when Mariah just wanted to be alone. That day Steve's official announcement regarding his retirement was going to happen. However, before that happened a few other members of the team got together with James to offer him a place on the team. With Steve's retirement and Mariah being temporarily off the team they needed some more help.

Black Widow
Admin

https://new-x-men.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mariah's Recovery Empty Re: Mariah's Recovery

Post by VoltKimo Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:13 pm

Steve had kept away from SHIELD HQ once he learned that James had shown up. Feeling that he was a better support than he was for Mariah he stayed away knowing that eventually the two of them would have to talk about what they both knew. In the meantime Steven had visited Eve's grave unsure if it was even the place where her body actually rested. With Andrew and Sam nearby it was hard for them to watch their idol break down completely...

James abandoned his hunt and stayed with Mariah as long as much as he could giving her space when she needed it, being silent when she needed him to be. he knew him acting was the only thing that may have saved his mind when it came to their grief. James was surprised when he was approached to join the Avengers. At first he wanted to tell them to shove it seeing what happened with Steve and Mariah but knew the Avengers only worked alongside SHIELD they weren't part of them. And seeing as Sam spoke up requesting his help James rethought his stance on it. He had been hardened by his hunts and knew with boht Steve and Mariah out of the picture for now he was needed.

James agreed to join the Avengers until Mariah was on her feet again. That day he headed to the room where they kept Mariah to check up on her. Whatever was in the letter kn hew must have broke her heart.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:20 pm

Mariah didn't know yet that James had agreed to join the Avengers team. She had talked to him about it before, believing he would be a good fit, but he had always brushed off the idea. She also didn't know yet that Steve had given up his Captain America shield and identity. The press conference was to be held later that day.

Dr. Weston had recently left her room and Mariah was awake and sitting upright in her bed. She looked tired and there was still a sadness to her eyes. When James walked in she was quiet for a while before finally speaking.

"I keep wondering what my life would have been like if Steve and my mother had remained together and raised me."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:30 pm

OOC: question on the press conference, did we want Mariah present?

IC:

James pulled up a chair and just sat next to Mariah keeping quiet. He reached over and placed a hand onto hers. He was going to wait until she spoke up. He thought of what life would have been like for Mariah if Steve and her mother ended up together. "You'd probably lead a more mundane life somewhere." he said looking at her. As protective as Eve was of Steve he highly doubted she would let Mariah near any sort of danger. Probably far from him to be honest. "i'm sure Steve has thought of that all these years." He admitted.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:36 pm

OOC-No, Mariah won't be there. But she should know about it.

IC-Mariah was comforted by James' presence, even if he was just sitting quietly with her. She considered what living a more mundane life would be like and to be honest it wasn't easy for her to picture. She got bored easily and she couldn't see herself doing any other job than being an Avenger. "I don't think I ever would have met you," she said after a moment. "And that thought makes me really sad."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:46 pm

James looked to Mariah when she siad what he was thinking. "Probably not." he said being truthful. He also didnt want to think about how the Civil War ended. His own pa rents were incarcerated and mutants would have rounded up like cattle. "I think you would have ended up just as fine though." he said wanting to make things positive for her.

"You should know theres a press conference that Steve is attending. Dad was talking about it, didnt sound too positive but i think Steve is announcing his retirement. And if the rumors are true he'd rather not give a speech and just walk out." James said

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:51 pm

Mariah listened to James when he told her that there was going to be a press conference held that day in which her father was probably going to announce his retirement. She looked away and didn't say anything for a while. "I know he had been talking about it for a few months now. I guess Sam will likely take over as leader, but they are going to be short a couple of members without Steve or me."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:21 pm

"And that kind of brings me to another point." James said when Mariah brought up the smaller roster. "Sam gave me an invitation to become an Avenger. I agreed until you were back up on your feet. IF you want to go back to it." James said looking at her. "I know before when you first suggested i should consider i brushed it off saying I didnt think i could do the kind of work you do." James said. He looked down at the ground thinking of all the things he committed in his hunt.

"Mariah i went through a lot of men that worked for Ibrahim just following a trail. After all of this i think being an Avenger would be a cakewalk."

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:26 pm

Mariah looked at James when he told her that Sam had asked him to join the Avengers and he had agreed. She gave a little nod and turned her hand and laced her fingers through his and gave his hand a gentle squeeze. "I think you will make a great addition to the team. I've always thought so."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:22 pm

James thought about being on a team but wasn't sure if he would be a good fit. But he'd give it an honest go. He felt her take his hand into his own, "I'd sooner have you get well again and we can go somewhere for a bit..just shut our heads off for a while ya know?" He asked looking to Mariah.

Elsewhere the press conference was set to begin and Steve was feeling sick to his stomach. He had already chosen someone to be his successor. Sam, he coudln't think of anyone more deserving save for maybe Mariah when she grew older and more experienced. But with their relationship he wasn't sure if his daughter wanted anything to do with him now. But that was for another day and another conference.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:12 pm

Mariah breathed in James’ scent and felt a wave of comfort come over her. She thought about what he said and considered actually taking some time off and going on a real vacation. “Where would you want to go?” she asked softly.

Alex was there with Andrew and Sam and she could tell Steve was nervous. He was clearly also still upset over Mariah, but Slex believed that with time that relationship would heal. She approached Steve after a moment and looked at him. “How are you holding up?”

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:58 pm

James kept close to Mariah glad that she was responding. He hadn't thought of where they could go but he felt anywhere was better. He brushed her hair back in an attempt to comfort her as he thought about it. "Dont know really..where have you not been before?" He asked with a smile.

Steve knew he had to step out shortly but was glad that he had some support from Alex Andrew and Sam. He thought of how he felt and wan'st sure how to answer her. "best that i can really. Would rather do this some other time." He said. He never was one for speeches really and his own personal problems cropping up on top of this just made it nearly unbearable. He stood up then, "Should just get this over with and make the announcement and head home." Steve said.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:13 pm

Mariah didn’t know what she would do without James. James was her rock and her strength when she was weak. “I have been to a lot of places, but always on missions. I think I’d like to go somewhere quiet and relax.”

Alex felt bad for Steve. He had never found love again and only had Mariah. She hoped Steve would find a way to relax and enjoy his retirement. As Steve walked out to start the press conference Alex looked at Andrew. “Would you mind taking Steve out for a drink after this?”

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:14 pm

James thought of a few places and thought this was a nice distraction from their current problems. "how bout like a nice cottage in...Sweden." he said thinking of the most isolated place that no one caused problems. Sure they'd have to go through a few favors to pull off something like that but it was not the first place others would think to find either of them. "You me all bundled up snug." He said scratching at back of her head.

Steve stepped out and the crowd quieted down as he began his speech. Andrew crossed his arms and listened watching Steve pour out his achievements and that it was time for him to walk away having served his counrty and the people of the world. He watched his idol but for the first time saw the man behind the shield and he felt horrible for him.

He looked to Alex when she asked him to take Steve out for a drink. He smiled and gave a nod knowing Alex was worried about him too. He didnt have anyone in this world by his own choosing. "yeah, i'll try not to overdo it." Andrew promised meaning it.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:30 pm

Mariah actually smiled a little when James suggested they rent a cottage in Sweden. It was a wonderful thought. Just the two of them far away from...everything. A roaring fire, snow, and the two of them reconnecting. She didn’t know how long it would take until she would be released but it was a nice thought to hang onto though. “I like that idea. Let’s make that happen.”

Alex was glad to know Andrew was going to spend some time with Steve after this. She could feel the shocked sensation in the crowd as Steve announced his retirement. However she knew the harder part would be coming up when he admitted to the affair and revealed that Mariah was his daughter. “Please don’t. Remember you can’t keep up with him. You couldn’t when you were younger and you certainly can’t know.”

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:49 pm

James felt his heart ease in its pain when he saw Mariah smile and knew he came across a good idea. "I'll get started on that then and we'll leave on a long vacation as soon as you're on your feet again." He said. "gives me time to plan this all out." he said. He looked to the door and breathed out, "We'll get you out of here soon enough Mariah." he said thinking he needed to speak with Fury. She didnt need to be locked up in here

Andrew listened to the questions that some of the reporters were asking on why he was retiring. Tabloid rumors were brought up, non eof them true of course but it still bothered Steve. Andrew smiled a little bit when Alex pointed out he coudn't keep up with Steve. "hey come on, he's older he's bound to slow up." he said knowing she was absolutely right.

Eventually the conference ended, a little sooner than anticiapted as Steve was done answering questions. he had fought for a long time and it was time for him to walk away. Much later than he truly wanted...

"Hey that wasn't so bad." Andrew said greeting Steve as he stepped behin teh curtains to rejoin them.

"Suppose not. Glad that's over and done with, that part at least." Steve said knowing there was more to come. "Just looking forward to heading home and rest for a while."

"ah come on, nights young. How bout you Sam and I go out for a drink real quick, we'll find some old rustic bar and shoot pool for a few hours." Andrew offered. Steve thought of turning him down but knew that he wouldn't sleep well. The events with mariah made him realize how empty his life was.

"Actually that does sound pretty good." Steve said accepting the offer.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:24 pm

Later that night Alex was already in bed when she heard Andrew come in. The news was talking non stop about Steve's retirement and the revelation that Mariah was Steve's biological daughter. Steve had never mentioned Eve's name during the press conference and there was a lot of speculation as to who Mariah's mother might have been. All Steve had said was that she had died. After getting tired of listening to the endless speculation Alex had turned off the tv and read for a while before getting ready for bed.

She wasn't quite asleep yet when she heard Andrew walk into their room and start to get changed. "How was Steve when you left him?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:24 pm

OOC-You know I feel so bad for Steve on this board that I really want to do a board where he ends up happy lol

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:00 pm

OOC: It was just a downhill ride for Steve when he chose to end things with Eve. I know what you mean but we'd still have this board Sad

IC:

Steve had downed a good number of drinks before they called it quits and Andrew kept true to his word not overdoing it for Alex's sake. When he got home he was only a little tipsy but tired. He pulled off his pants and sat down on the bed surprised to find Alex still awake. "Steve was a few drinks in when i took off. Dont think he was looking forward to heading home." he said.

Andrew looked to Alex, "The whole Eve business...i dont think Steve ever forgave himself for leaving her. He hasn't seen any other woman ya know?"

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:03 pm

Alex rolled over and sat up slightly. She was glad to see that Andrew hadn't overdone it with the drinks. The last thing she needed to deal with was him with a hangover in the morning.

"There is no way he could have known that things were going to turn out the way they did. He needs to forgive himself for that." She was quiet a moment before speaking again. "Has he ever mentioned being interested in anyone else?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:21 pm

Andrew continued to get changed as he thought of all that had transpired. Finishing getting ready for bed he returned to Alex's side and laid upon his back looking up at teh ceiling. He thought of all the time he spent with Steve and not once did he bring up a woman. "He's always had someone on his arm for the occasional social event but he hasn't mentioned a special someone." He said.

"He was always focused on what he needed to be doing. Always focused on being Captain America." He said realizing how muche had given of himself for the good of all. He looked to Alex, "Some friend I am..well i mean its not like i know a lot of single women." Andrew said really thinking about it

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:26 pm

OOC-I'm trying to decide if we should hook him up with someone new on this board, or just eventually do another board with him where he ends up happy. What do you think?

IC-Alex moved close to Andrew when he got into bed and she laid her head upon his chest. "Well, we shouldn't force him into anything he doesn't want or isn't ready for. I'm just worried about him being lonely. Do you think he might want a dog?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:24 pm

OOC: We could have him meet someone new on this board...oh what if he ends up getting a farm and meets a neighbor? with a dog!

IC:

Andrew adjusted a bit giving Alex support as she laid her head upon his chest. He rubbed her back and smiled, "It's not like i was going throw a girl at him and say have at her." he said. He did fear that Steve was perhaps lonely and maybe a dog would help pass the time. "Maybe...do we want to risk getting him a dog? Might be easier to end a fling with a random girl." He said

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:29 pm

OOC-We could certainly try that and see what happens.

IC-Alex rolled her eyes and smiled a little when Andrew playfully suggested it might be easier for him to just be with a random girl. "Can you honestly see him just 'hooking up' with someone? I mean he has continued to love Evelyn for this long. Maybe if he can just forgive himself he can open up his heart to the possibility of someone else."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:01 pm

"well to be honest as selfish as it sounds i haven't pictured him with anything. Let alone having an affair." Andrew said. She could tell he had Steve on a pedestal above such things. "I dont know if there is an easy solution for this. But i'll talk with him..since he's retired he'll have time on his hands and maybe he'll rethink trying to find love again." he said.

"have you heard anything new about Mariah?

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next