New X-Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plucking the Bird

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Plucking the Bird Empty Plucking the Bird

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:50 pm

Things had been silent in the Gray Quarter for a couple of weeks. With Sam doing usual patrols Ibrahim was forced to consider moving his staging area of imports to a different part of the city. And with the masked vigilante still hounding undesirables it was too risky to operate at normal capacity. Ibrahim had looked over their profits and felt that even moving his operation to a new location would only delay another slowturn. SHIELD would pick up their trail and this vigilante would most likely follow. Ibrahim decided that the vigilante would have to go and seeing as his trio of mutants weren't up for the task at the moment he would do the job himself. As for Sam..

Kiara had been right as Ibrahim did have a passing interest in Mariah. She was quite the looker and very fit but he knew she would never have him in her bed. And he wasn't the type of force himself on someone despite his lack of morals in other areas. So he felt prepared to cut her loose. He felt sending her after Sam would at least take the heat off on them long enough to begin the process to move. The fallout would shake SHIELD quite a bit and would cause a nice little distraction.

Ibrahim loaded up a gun and texted a message to Mariah, "Dearest Mariah, would you do me the honor of gracing me with your presence this eve?' he texted knowing it would irritate her.

For James life on the surface was progressing per normal. He wasn't cracking due to the outlet he allowed himself at night tracking down the man that hurt Mariah. But whenever Mariah had to work late he never questioned her or asked her to stay which wasn't too normal but lately he stopped. He would give her a kiss and would tell her not to work hard and then he would leave. Nights she wasn't 'working' he made an excuse to head to the bar to get some fresh air. One day Azari had confronted James about the use of his suit and the things he was doing but James blew him off worsening that friendship. Whilst Azari had kept his temper and tone neutral James grew more agitated with the younger man and it was obvious even to Azari something was going on. His friend was becoming a bit unhinged..

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Plucking the Bird Empty Re: Plucking the Bird

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:28 pm

Mariah had been hoping that her time with Ibrahim had come to an end. She was tired of lying to those she loved and hated working for the man she wanted to capture. She was aware that James was going out quite often, but she never questioned him. She knew they were both dealing with a lot and knew she didn’t have a leg to stand on with what she was doing.

Mariah was leaving work and was about to text James when she received the text from Ibrahim. She sighed as she read it, knowing this wasn’t going to be good. She had just wanted to spend a quiet evening at home with her husband, but now that wasn’t going to happen. The message itself also irritated her and she gritted her teeth as she texted him back. “Fine. Where?”

Black Widow
Admin

https://new-x-men.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:49 pm

Ibrahim was sitting in his car debating how to proceed with the plans for tonight. He had sent out a few men to try and draw out the vigilante out. He felt his phone vibrate and read the message. "Well seeing as its our last meeting why not the restaurant where we first started this little journey." He said. Again it was to throw her off and it would be populated by civilians.

"And then things will go back to our little cat and mouse game." Ibrahim said holstering his pistol

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:02 pm

Mariah wasn't happy at all, but at least this seemed like it would be her last job. She sighed when she saw he wanted to meet at the restaurant. She knew it was fancy, but she didn't feel like dressing up this time. She was tired of playing his little games.

"Fine, I'll meet you there at 7."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:35 pm

When Mariah arrived she found Ibrahim at the same table dressed in the same suit but something was a bit off. Given how things ended at the last mansion and Steve's meeting it seemed his business was not doing so well. "Happy to see you Mariah, like we agreed a number of missions accomplished and i give you all the incriminating info on your father." Ibrahim said. He truthfully had no plans of using the information. In truth shaming Steve would bring him no assistance in his own personal goals.

He looked to Mariah, "I need you to remove Sam Wilson Mariah. He's getting to close to my operations." Ibrahim said.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:41 pm

Mariah walked in dressed rather casually, but was recognized by the host and immediately shown to the table without complaint. Mariah eyed Ibrahim, unhappy to be in his presence again without the ability to arrest him...or kill him. She listened as he began to talk and was happy to know that his was going to be her last mission, but when he got to the part about killing Sam Wilson she just stared at him for a moment before starting to laugh. Slowly, she calmed down and looked dead at Ibrahim.

"And like we also agreed I wasn't to kill anyone...especially not someone who is basically my godfather. I won't do it...you can't make me. Release the information. I no longer care," she said as she started to get up.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:50 pm

Ibrahim exhaled knowing there would be pushback on this. "I truly hoped it wouldn't come to this Mariah. Do you know how your mother died?" He asked. He prepped himself to use his mutation in case he crossed her line. "An affair would harm Steve's reputation a little bit but a murder suicide? That sort of thing just ruins lives and destroys trust."

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:57 pm

Mariah stopped dead in her tracks when she heard what Ibrahim said. She let what he said sink in a little. A murder suicide? She slowly looked back at him, clenching her fists a little. "What are you talking about?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:10 pm

Ibrahim dug his phone out and went through his documents. "Well part of the documents i procured paint an interesting picture. A fiery affair leaves your mother pregnant with you. Her husband finds out afterward and is of course upset. Here's the interesting part." Ibrahim said looking at Mariah. "Supposedly something clicked, set her off, unfortunately my data doesn't cover the catalyst. She takes up a gun and used it." Ibrahim said.

"I've got a few theories, maybe the husband decided to go to the press and she silenced him but killing herself that part eludes me."

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:25 pm

Mariah had gone pale as she realized what all of this meant. She felt like she was going to be sick. Her mind swam and her chest felt tight. Did Steve know about this?! Was this yet another cover up. It had to be. She wanted to scream and hit the table. She was now backed even further into a corner. It was one thing to let Steve take the fall for the affair...it was yet another to drag her dead mother into this and drag her name through the mud when she wasn't around to defend herself. She wanted to cry. She was being given no choice in the matter. She had to kill Sam. She hated herself for even thinking it. She wanted this to be a nightmare she was going to wake up from. Sam was incredibly close to her and looked out for her. He cared about her as if she was his daughter and now she was going to have to kill him.

"I hate you for making me do this."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:42 pm

Ibrahim watched the emotions play out in Mariah's eyes and knew she had to do as he requested. "I'd imagine you never stopped hating me Mariah." He said. "But after this things between us go back to way they were you t rying to bring me in and me trying to kill you." He said watching her. "I take no pleasure in this but this is the situation we are faced with. Once you take care of the deal i'll forward you where i'll be leaving all the files and video i have. I know you have no reason to trust that i'll give you everything but i truly have no use for this information after this and i keep my word with my deals."

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:49 pm

Mariah glared at Ibrahim before just leaving the restaurant. She got into her car and just sat there feeling a mixture of emotions. Slowly though she pushed those emotions down, knowing they would only get in the way of what she now had to do. She knew that Sam would be in the Grey Quarter tonight since he had told her that was where he was going. She started up her car and headed that way. She found a place to park and changed into all black clothes. She then grabbed her mask and got out to go look for Sam.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:57 pm

Sam was flying through the night sky looking for any illegal activity. Landing one of the several rooftops he simply took up a vigilante watch. Equipped in his gear he pulled his phone out and sent a message to Andrew asking where he was. Although he had asked him to be an advisor of sorts after a few nights of coming up with nothing he had asked if he wouldn't mind keeping him company as they walked the streets. If Mariah kept her eyes skyward she would be able to catch his silhouette up in the sky as he landed. Thinking he had seen a few people loitering around he had just begun to stalk them quietly to uncover their intentions...

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:05 pm

A silhouette caught Mariah's eye and she knew as she looked skyward that it was Sam. She began to think of strategy against him. Out in the open he would have the advantage because of his ability to fly, but if she got him into one of these abandoned buildings where he wouldn't have the same amount of open space then she might be able to take him down. She could see him land on top of a building and she moved around into his eyeline to get his attention. Once she knew she had it. She entered into one of the buildings, knowing he would follow. She hid back behind some old boxes and crates and picked up a long piece of metal she could use as a weapon.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:10 pm

Sam continued his watch and spotted a female sporting a black mask. Getting an uneasy feeling in his gut he glided down onto the street and walked into one of the buildings. He sent another message to Andrew advising he may have gotten a lead and requested his assistance. Seeing as he knew this area better than anyone else he figured he would get her faster than the others. His senses were on high alert as he felt that this might be the 4th wheel, the new muscle that Ibrahim was sporting. Trusting in his own abilities he walked into the building unaware that he was walking into a trap...

OOC: should we have Andrew show up when she gets the upper hand but hesitates? or if Falcon secures her?

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:16 pm

OOC-We could have it be when she hesitates and then Andrew comes in behind her and takes her down and once they secure her he pulls off her mask.

IC-Mariah's adrenaline was pumping and all of her training was kicking in. She was trying to numb herself to who he was and what he meant to her. Her mind was still swimming with thoughts of the truth about Steve and her mother and what had actually happened. She heard Sam enter the building and when he began to walk by where she was. She sprang into action. She jumped up and kicked one of the wooden crates at him to temporarily distract him and then leaped over the others with the metal bar in her hand. As Sam began to recover she swung and hit him with the bar.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:27 pm

Sam spun hearin the crates and he cursed himself for getting distracted. He let out an audible gasp as the bar thudded against his back stunning him. He staggered away but the blow had taken a toll. He straightend up placing his fists up in a defensive stance as he tried to regain composure. Seeing his foe in front of him he threw out a light jab to try to create an opening for a heavier right hand

OOC: that works

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:35 pm

Mariah had trained often with Sam and knew how he fought and therefore knew what to expect and how to counter it. She took opportunities to do the exact opposite of what he was expecting her to do and began to beat him pretty heavily. She soon had him on the ground and she raised the bar to hit him in the head with it. However, as he looked up at her a rush of feelings came over her. She loved Sam and she didn't want to hurt him. She hated herself for doing this...she hated Steve for not telling her the truth...she hated Nick for covering it all up...she hated Ibrahim for blackmailing her....she hated the guy in the pizza shop for stabbing her and killing her baby...she hated herself for letting James down. Her head was swimming and her chest felt tight. She began to tremble and shake and she hesitated...

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:49 pm

Before she could put the bar down completely Andrew struck the back of her knee and wrapped one of her arms up in a grapple. He shocked her a few times to sap her strength just to be safe. He had gotten Sam's message and knew what building he was talking about. It was lucky he arrived when he did as it looked like Sam had been slowly picked apart. So Andrew took no chances in this.

"Dont even try it." he warned already pulling out a zip tie. Once he secured her against a nearby crate he relaxed a bit. Seeing Sam be taken down he figured she was one dangerous individual. "Sam you dead?" Andrew asked.

"y-yeah.." Sam groaned rolling onto his stomach.

Andrew looked back to Mariah and reached down and pulled at her mask. His look of anger melted away to just pure confusion when he revealed her identity. "Mariah?"

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:01 pm

Mariah had hoped to just walk away, but before she could do so she felt someone strike her in the back of her knee to take her down. She tried to move, but she felt a strong arm wrap around her to hold her. When she felt the shocks she knew it was Andrew and she knew then that the game was up and her career was over. She didn't fight him. She no longer had the will to do so. She was shaking badly as Andrew zip tied her hands together and secured her against a crate. As Andrew walked over and pulled off her mask she didn't look at him. She just stared straight ahead. Inside her mind a crack was forming where she had pushed down all of her unwanted feelings or things she hadn't dealt with emotionally. The crack was splitting open wider and wider. She didn't speak, but there was an odd look in her eyes and she was trembling quite badly.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:11 pm

Something was wrong this wasn't right at all. He crouched down and touched her face. "Mariah..." he looked into her eyes and it looked far worse. "Okay, okay just relax." He said trying to think of some way to cover this up now. By now Sam had recovered and was just as stunned to see who his assailant was.

"We have to.."

"If the next words out of your mouth are report this i'm going to slap you." Andrew warned. Making sure Mariah was at least comfortable, he kept her zip tied. "Something isn't right about this, she hasn't been herself lately give me time with her." Andrew asked looking to Sam. How she flinched when he brought up STeve a few weeks ago, was this something to do with it??

"Andrew we have to take her in. look at her she needs help." Sam whispered. Andrew looked back to Mariah and focused on her eyes and how she trembled. He sighed knowing he was right but didn't want this to lose her career over this. She had sacrificed so much and it was going to be for nothing. There had to be a reason why she had done this.

"Fine, i'll bring her in." Andrew said. He looked to Sam, "Unless you brought a car." Andrew pointed out. Sam watched him closely feeling just as protective as him but he had faith in SHIELD.

"I'll meet you at HQ." Sam said giving in. Andrew turned and pulled Mariah up to her feet to lead her out to the car for the trip back to HQ

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:22 pm

Mariah didn't speak during the entire trip back to SHIELD HQ. She was terrified of what was going to await her, but felt she deserved whatever it was. Sam had done so much for her and she had just tried to kill him. She wouldn't blame him if he never spoke to her again. As they pulled up Nick Fury came out and was shocked to find Mariah in zip tie handcuffs. He ascertained rather quickly that something had happened involving Mariah and Sam Wilson and he had Mariah taken inside and put into a secured room. Nick then looked at Andrew and Sam.

"Ok, I need to know what's going on right now."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:27 pm

Sam looked to Fury and reported what had transpired, that Mariah had attacked him but hesitated in a finishing blow. "she's not well Sir, you can tell in her body language." He said knowing how Mariah was normally. Andrew nodded in agreement, "I believe she could be working with Ibrahim under duress..maybe she's being blackmailed." he said. He refused to belive that this was just cut and dry, that Mariah was a traitor to them all.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:33 pm

"Christ," Nick said, not knowing how else to respond. He rubbed his head and began to think. "Ok, none of this information leaves this building. I'll ensure no reporters find out. We're going to need to find out what's going on though. I find it unlikely that she just decided to work for this guy, but she did try to kill Sam which is a serious offense."

Meanwhile, word would have reached Steve's ears of Mariah's arrest...

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:06 pm

Steve was returning home from an assignment when he received a message advising him of Mariah's arrest. He slammed on the brakes and pulled a u turn immediately heading back to SHIELD headquarters.

Andrew looked to Fury having no problem of not sharing this information. "But if she was forced to attack Sam i mean we can't hold her completely accountable." he tried to reason. He looked to Sam, "No offense..i mean i've done some questionable shit."

"Yeah i'm not even going to go down that road.." Sam started. He rubbed his head feeling conflicted. On one hand he was pretty pissed at Mariah but he also felt that she had little choice. He just wished she came to them for help no matter the risk. As they continued to talk with Fury about what to do with Mariah the doors swung open and Steve walked in.

"Oh..i know that look." Andrew said.

"where's Mariah and why is she in your custody?" STeve simply asked in no mood for any games.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum