Different Path

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Different Path

Post by Admin on Fri May 18, 2018 10:14 pm

OOC-Woukd Steve want them to be scene having dinner together out in public?

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://new-x-men.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Fri May 18, 2018 10:32 pm

OOC: I dont see it as a major thing to be honest, not thinking like a romantic thing just a dinner between friends, colleagues that sort of thing

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat May 19, 2018 6:57 am

Lorelai smiled at hearing Steve's voice. Of course she heard it all the time, but she loved it when he was only speaking to her. She smiled even more hearing him ask if she wanted to have dinner with him.

"I would love that."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun May 20, 2018 6:55 pm

Steve smiled glad that Lorelai agreed to met him. "Alright theres this diner i like to go." He said giving her a general address. It was somewhat low key that wouldnt rouse suspicion of any relationship. And he knew the owners fairly well. "It's good food, nothing overly fancy but i'm sure you're used to the sort of thing i eat by now." Steve said as they've shared meals before.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun May 20, 2018 7:00 pm

Lorelai smiled and laughed a little. "Yes, I am. But thankfully it's the kind of food I like to eat as well. I'll meet you there in an hour." She hung up and changed into a pair of skinny jeans and a light sweater. She left her hair down and re-applied her lipstick before heading over to the diner. She spotted Steve's bike and headed inside. He was sitting at a booth and she walked over and smiled at him as she sat down.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun May 20, 2018 7:16 pm

Steve had arrived early and had gotten himself a coffee and water. Dressed in a pair of jeans and a button up shirt. Somewhat casual to help with the deception they werent in a relationship. Steve looked up and stood as she came over, "Hey, just ordered drinks." He said sitting back down.

He took note of how she looked knowing to appreciate the effort. "Thanks for coming out on short notice." He smiled trying to keep that pounding heart still

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun May 20, 2018 7:20 pm

Lorelai couldn't help but notice the way Steve looked at her as she walked over and sat down and it had been exactly what she had been hoping for. She gave him a little smile that told him she had seen the way he had looked at her and had like it.

"No problem. I didn't have any other plans to be honest, except maybe a date with Netflix. This is much better."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun May 20, 2018 8:20 pm

Steve noticed the smile and it made him turned a little red. He was an easy target for such teasings. "one of those 'streaming' websites right?" He asked. He hadn't much of a pla nfor the evening either. "Nevertheless, i dont do much for my evenings. Try and catch up on my 'homework'." He said holding up his black book. He'd fill it with things he needed to experience to catch up to the modern age.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun May 20, 2018 8:26 pm

Lorelai smiled when Steve held up his black book. "Well, you should definitely add Netflix to your list. Specifically the show "Stranger Things". I'm not embarrassed to admit that I've binged both seasons multiple times now." She noticed the waitress coming over out of the corner of her eye and she forced herself to stop smiling and to glance away from Steve slightly. She put down their drinks and began to take their orders.

"I'll have the double bacon cheeseburger with everything on it and fries."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun May 20, 2018 8:55 pm

Steve gave a nod writing down ehr recommendation as the waitress came over. he looked up as the young waitress asked for his order. She smiled warmly recognizing him, "your usual then hero?" She asked. Steve smiled and gave a nod as he frequented the diner often enough. Wasn't too different from Lorelai's order as matter of fact. "I'll get your drinks here in a minute and ill put your orders in." She said walking away.

Steve looked back to Lorelai, "Thanks for the recommendation. I'll have to have someone help me get everything set up. Just recently mastered the blu ray player." He said knowing he was a bit hopeless still.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun May 20, 2018 9:06 pm

Lorelai glanced at the girl as she smiled like a giddy school girl at Steve. It didn't bother her though. Most women looked at Steve like that. She had too, to a degree. But once she got past the Captain America part and got to know Steve Rogers, she found that she liked him even more than Captain America. She loved how humble and honest he was...how selfless and concerned for others he was. He was her hero and she loved him.

"Steve," she said after the waitress walked away, "you're doing a great job. And who cares if you don't know what that stupid Pokémon app is...or what "twerking" is...to be perfectly honest I'm not even entire sure what it is. But please know that I'm always here if you have questions, or just need someone to talk to."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun May 20, 2018 9:17 pm

OOC: And i've spat water onto my monitor at the twerking mention Smile

IC:

Steve didnt beat himself up for not knowing hte latest he was happy to learn at his own pace. It was during conversations that pop culture was brought up he felt a bit snubbed from time to time. He didnt get the appeal of pokemon but it semed like a game for kids and teens in any case. He did blink when Lorelai mentioned twerking as his use of hte internet wasn't too intensive.

"I appreciate that Lorelai and i'll take you up on that offer." He said with a smile.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun May 20, 2018 9:27 pm

OOC-lol it was the only thing I could think of.

IC-Lorelai smiled and soon their drinks were brought over. They continued to talk about various things until their food was brought out. After a few more minutes of light hearted conversation Lorelai decided to bring up something.

"So, I received a call from Professor Xavier today. Kylie apparently took a bit of a step back today in her progress. She's not settling back in very well and is agitated and on edge. Logan's trying to help, but I think even he feels at a loss of what to do. I'm going to make a very bold suggestion here. I think we should bring her back to Avengers HQ. Professor Xavier has done all he can to help with her mind, but she needs something to do...she needs to be put to work. We can help with that...with the physical part of her recovery. I also think that a change of scenery might do her good. We all thought that the mansion would be the best place for her, but what if it's not? What if all it's doing is bringing back memories? Andrew isn't there with her anymore so maybe it's no longer home for her."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun May 20, 2018 9:53 pm

Steve was enjoying his time with Lorelai as always, time would always fly when he spoke with her. When she brought up Kylie he knew it was rather serious. He knew that Tony was saying they needed to thin kabout recruiting a few more members. There were times when they were stretched thin, this recent R&R being proof of that. "If we can get their recommendations we can possibly recruit Kylie. put her on trial runs." Steve said.

He knew that Tony had a few leads of his own for a recruit or two. Another mutant by the name of Forge who worked on a more international level, apparently he had a mutant under his employ that would be of benefit. "haven't really heard from Andrew since we last saw one another some time ago." Steve said.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun May 20, 2018 9:59 pm

Lorelai was glad when Steve was willing to bring Kylie in and give her a shot. She knew that it might take time and some additional training, but she had seen Kylie in action. The girl had nearly bested her during that fight and that had impressed her. She was rough around the edges in her fighting style, but it wasn't anything that couldn't be smoothed out a little with some personal training.

"Yeah, Andrew has kinda disappeared off the radar. I've tried getting in touch with him a few times with no luck. The most recent time I tried I got the message that that number was no longer in service. I hope he's ok."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun May 20, 2018 10:09 pm

Seeing what kind of condition Kylie was in when they found her Steve wanted ot make sure she would be alright. And if it meant training to keep her focused well Steve was certain they'd be able to provide that. "Actually now that i think about it Tony was wanting to invite some potential recruits to the mansion in a few days. Why dont you reach out and give an invite and we'll see how she reacts." Steve suggested.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun May 20, 2018 10:11 pm

OOC-Weren't we going to have Kylie be with them for a while before they invite the new recruit that Forge has recommended (Andrew)?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun May 20, 2018 10:20 pm

OOC: Oop your right my bad thought we were at that part. lets assume that Steve mentioned that Tony was just looking to potentially recruit new members.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun May 20, 2018 10:32 pm

Lorelai was glad to know that they were looking for a few more recruits. They needed it. As it was, she, Steve, Sam, Bucky, and Tony were doing most of the work and it was exhausting. She was actually glad that Steve was resting.

“And listen, I know that you always want to help, but you can let someone else on the team take those smaller missions,” she teased with a little smile. However, it wasn’t just a smile. It was also the look in her eye. If Steve looked close enough he would see it...the love she had for him.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun May 20, 2018 10:40 pm

Steve wasn't one to just sit back and let others risk their lives but he knew stretching himself too thin was a bad idea. He looked to Lorelai and noticed her smile. He looked down to his coffe having recognized that look. It was something he had been thinkoing of for quite a while himself.

"Yeah more downtime..would have to come up with something to do with all that free time." he said looking at Lorelai with his warm eyes.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon May 21, 2018 10:03 am

Sometime later Lorelai lay entangled in Steve's arms in his bed. They both had known that going back to his apartment was a risk, but they couldn't help themselves and were willing to take that risk. They had staggered their entrance into the building by 15 minutes and no one appeared to be paying any attention to the building. When Steve had first moved in their had been a problem with the paparazzi. But after a time their interest had moved elsewhere and they had left him alone.

The room was dark and quiet, apart from the soft 1940s music playing in the background. Lorelai loved Steve's place. It was homey and a place where he could be himself entirely. She lightly caressed her fingers over his chest and was quiet for a while before looking up at him.

"Do you ever think about retirement? For the future I mean.”

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Mon May 21, 2018 8:11 pm

Steve had caught his breath some time ago, he didnt want to hurt Lorelai of course, but basked in the euphoria. He hated how they had to sneak around still but just the potential issues the tabloids would attempt to drum up would make their lives difficult. But the risk was more than worth it. he had Lorelai in his bed and he wanted to keep her in his arms for as long as he could.

Steve gently ran his fingers through Lorelai's hair as he listened to the music, not really realizing that it was probably too dated for her taste. He relaxed as they simply enjoyed each others company until Lorelai asked him about retiring. "Can't really say that i have." he said moving his head on the pillow. He adjusted his position so he could looked down at her. "Have you?" He asked wondering if she as picturing a future with him.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon May 21, 2018 8:21 pm

Lorelai was quiet for a moment as she thought about a potential life after SHIELD and the Avengers. In all of her thoughts Steve was there, but she feared revealing this to him yet. Their relationship was still a complete secret to everyone.

"I suppose a little," she said quietly. "I've always thought having a small farm somewhere out in a quiet area would be nice. I don't think I could continue to stay in the city. Our lives are hectic enough as it is. It would be lovely to just be able to relax and breathe and leave the worrying and fighting to someone else."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Mon May 21, 2018 8:44 pm

Steve hadn't thought of their future together, in so much as marriage quite yet. He was still hesitant to bring up the topic, after all he was still hiding their relationship away. He felt he should at least figure out how to handle that before asking Lorelai to marry him. He listned to Lorelai's thoughts on where sh would want to end up. He thought of life on a farm somwehre out in the country. He would have adapated a bit easier to a slower pace than the city life, maybe the farm life would be a better fit.

"Leave the fighting to someone else." Steve repeated thinking of what that would mean. He took a deep breath, "life on a farm doens't sound so bad. would be a slower pace, think you could manage that?" Steve asked

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon May 21, 2018 8:48 pm

Lorelai laughed a little when he asked if she thought she could handle the slower pace. "It would take some getting used to, that's for sure. But it might be glorious...or I might go completely stir crazy...who knows."

She glanced over at the clock and sighed a little. "I should probably go."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum