Different Path

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Different Path

Post by Admin on Mon May 14, 2018 10:12 pm

Lorelai walked behind Steve and Logan, with Andrew following behind her. She had been keeping an eye on him, but was suddenly distracted when she heard the sound of roaring again and the sound of things being smashed. As quiet settled upon them she could actually hear the Hulk breathing. She hated being in the dark while knowing that a giant, green man was nearby. She saw Steve pause and as he covered his flashlight, she did the same. They were suddenly in complete darkness. She hated not being able to see, but she knew that they couldn't give themselves away to Hulk. However, it was in that moment that she realized that Andrew wasn't with them. She looked around and cursed silently to herself for having lost track of him. It had been her fault and she would answer for it. Suddenly, the lights began to flicker and she heard the sound of the generator attempting to start. The lights flickered again before suddenly coming on. Lorelai blinked at the harsh light and attempted to get her vision to focus as she heard a roar come from Hulk. Looking up she saw Hulk for the first time at the end of the hallway. He was much larger than she had envisioned and quite a terrifying sight. She just managed to dodge the wooden crate he hurled at them and it shattered against the wall. She looked at Steve and then back at Hulk.

"I'm sorry he hurt you," she said to him, desperate to try anything to prevent death at his hands. She kept her voice soft, calm, and soothing. "That wasn't a very nice thing to do. I promise that I won't hurt you."

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://new-x-men.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Mon May 14, 2018 10:24 pm

Hulk roared again seeing Logan and took a few steps feeling his anger well up. Steve kept in front of Logan blocking his sight as Lorelai began to talk to the Hulk. Hulk grinded his teeth as he glared his chest heaving as he wanted to smash the little man that hurt him. Steve was reluctant to let Lorelai get any closer.

"Hulk want to be left alone! They hurt Hulk!" He roared holding his head. Steve kept his voice low.

"What did you to him?" steve asked. Logan looked to Steve fightin the urge to force his claws out.

"What? he started off, damn enar took my head off with a car." Logan said. Which was true he had heard Hulk was rampaging in the area that Kylie was in and next thing he knew he was fighting the big ugly. Steve thought for a moment and whispered to Lorelai.

"Someone else must have triggered him." he said not wanting to attack. Her voice seemed to have an effect on the Hulk, at least he wans't charging.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon May 14, 2018 10:32 pm

Lorelai's heart was pounding in her chest, but she knew there was no way they would survive a fight against him. They needed to keep him calm and allow Banner to get back into control. She could see Steve's eyes flick from Hulk back to her, but she gave him a little smile to reassure him that everything was alright.

"I promise, I'm not going to allow anyone else to hurt you. You have my word. I know that you are not bad. I can see it in your eyes. Where are you hurt?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Tue May 15, 2018 8:50 pm

Steve watched Lorelai feeling fear hit him. He wanted to pull her away and keep her safe from Hulk. Even if it did seem like he was calming down. Hulk was lowering himself down to show Lorelai where he was hurt. Was where Logan had clawed him early in the fight. She seemed nice and didnt want to hurt him so he cautiously allowed her to look at him.

And then Andrew appeared running around the corner, "Got the lightsssshit." He said seeing the Hulk. Hulk looked up at the new noise and recognized the newcomer. He remembered teh burning tingling pain that sent him falling.

"Shocks..you hurt Hulk!" He roared leaping over Lorelai charging at Steve who stepped forward with his shield.

"Banner wait!" Steve implored but he was smacked aside. Logan leapt back giving himself some more room but received a punch that sent him flying down the wall past Andrew. He retreated as well firing a blast of electrcity at Hulks eyes as he leapt up. The blindess caused the Hulk to roar and he brought up his hands catching the roof of the hallway they were now in causing structural damage.

Andrew narrowly avoided one of the hulks swings and backed up as the hulk caused a part of the roof to crash down blocking them off from Lorelai and Steve. Logan grabbed Andrews shoulder and pulled him into a nearby and the Hulk gave chase forcing his wide frame through.

Steve had been slapped away and crashed into another crate and landed on the ground. Groaning he slowly lifted himself up onto his knees unaware they were cut off from Hulk, Andrew and Logan.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue May 15, 2018 9:26 pm

Lorelai's heart was pounding in her chest, but she remained calm. She watched with fascination as Hulk lowered himself down to show her where he had gotten hurt. It had obviously been caused by one of Logan's claws. It wasn't too serious, but it must have hurt. She was about to say something when she suddenly heard footsteps running towards them. As she looked over she spotted Andrew...and then so did Hulk. All of her effort in calming him was gone as he roared and leapt over her and charged at Steve who had stepped forward to protect Andrew.

The next few seconds were a blur. She heard Steve yell and then saw Hulk punch him and send him flying past Andrew into a wall. Andrew fired electrical shots at Hulk who then panicked and began flailing around. She looked up to see the roof starting to cave in. She was thrown back and hit one of the walls and everything went dark...

If Steve looked over he would see Lorelai laying on the ground with her eyes closed and unmoving.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Tue May 15, 2018 9:40 pm

Steve felt panic grip his being as his vision cleared up and he spotted Lorelai. He rushed over and slid to her side dropping his shield. He quickly took a pulse and very carefully lifted her upper body up. "Lorelai?? come on." He whispered gently patting her cheek holding her in his arms. Taking a quick look around the storage area it looked like there was only minor damage done thankfully. the supports were holding but he could hear the creaking. Spotting another door he picked up his shield onto his shoulder and lifted Lorelai easily up into his arms and began to leave.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue May 15, 2018 9:44 pm

Lorelai became aware that her head was throbbing. She felt strong arms supporting her and Steve's familiar scent filled her nose. She groaned slightly and then her eyes slowly fluttered open and she found herself looking up into the face of the man she loved. He was alright...and that was all that mattered to her.

"Where...where is everyone else?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Tue May 15, 2018 10:05 pm

Steve pushed open the door and stepped into another room with a connecting door. He placed her on the nearby table thinking it was just the filing room for the inventory. "On the other side of that wall. Are you okay?" He asked. He wanted to give her time to rest and recover but they had to keep moving. He wans't sure how well Logan and Andrew would fare against the Hulk. "Can you walk?" He asked doing his bst to keep his emotions in check. She could tell he was concerned but was still in soldier mode

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue May 15, 2018 10:16 pm

Lorelai slowly sat up after Steve set her down on a nearby table in the room they had just walked into. She reached up and touched the back of her head. She could feel a wetness there and knew she was bleeding. Thankfully, her dark hair hid that. She slowly brought her hand down and discretely wiped the blood off onto her dark suit. Her head throbbed and her eyes felt strained, but she gave Steve a little smile. She could see the genuine concern in his eyes and it filled her heart with such love that she felt it might burst.

"I'm fine. Just a little bump on the head. We should go find the others."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Tue May 15, 2018 10:34 pm

Steve was busy looking about the room he didnt notice Lorelai wipe her hand on her suit. He was still concnered especially if she received a head wound. "you're sure?" He asked. When she said she was fine he didnt press it. "Alright on your feet soldier." he said helping her off of the table. They walked through the next door and began to explore the bunker. They could hear the sounds of battle somewhere but the bunker was pretty much a maze. There were maps indicating where they were at but neither one of them could really pinpoint where the fighting was coming from.

And then the lights flickered and there was another roar. The lights went out in the hallway and roars stopped. Steve and Lorelai bathed in darkness once again. "This is happening quite a bit us being alone." He said making an observation. He reached out and felt for Lorelai's hand wanting to amke sure she was close by and alright.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue May 15, 2018 10:45 pm

Lorelai gave him a little smile and got down off the table. She walked with him out of the room. Elsewhere in the building the sounds of the battle echoed, but it was impossible to tell where it was coming from. The building was very large, with long hallways and many rooms. Lorelai glanced up as the lights began to flicker. She heard a loud roar and then the lights went out and they were once again in darkness. Although he couldn't see it, Lorelai smiled at Steve's comment about them once again finding themselves alone. She felt his hand take her own. It was warm and strong and she gave it a gentle squeeze.

"Maybe the universe is trying to tell us something then," she said quietly, but playfully.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Wed May 16, 2018 7:22 pm

Steve felt Lorelai squeeze his hand and it eased him a little. He could hear hte playfulness in her voice and it messed with his outlook on their situation. His grip wasnt overly tight as he led her down the dark halls with flashlight in hand. "Think the universe needs better timing. As enjoyable being along with you in the dark may be we still have a possible threat out here." He said.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 16, 2018 7:30 pm

Lorelai smiled a little at Steve's comment. Their relationship was only a few months old, but she already felt more at ease and relaxed around him than she ever had with any other man. She knew she loved him, but had yet to tell him. It was complicated with him. He wasn't just Steve Rogers...he was also Captain America and there was an image of Captain America that the public knew and loved that needed to be protected.

"Right, so Hulk now...sex later," she replied with a teasing grin.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Wed May 16, 2018 8:06 pm

Steve's heart picked up at that as Lorelai's words gave him a little shock. He was still adjusting to a few things here and there. And having Lorelai say something so bold caught him a little offguard even at this point in their relationship. It was one of the things she could tease him about. With Lorelai's help he had adjusted rather swiftly to the modern age. She could tell he got a small thrill as his pulse quickened for a moment.

The quietness hung in the air until they could hear a familiar pair of voices arguing again. Stepping into another large area their flashlights illuminated a chaotic mess. The hulk was slouched against what looked like a generator twitching still. As they neared he slumped over, close by was Andrew and Logan who looked like he had suffered from electrical burns. Seeing the flashlights they relaxed.

"Bout time Cap." Logan said his eyes adjusting to the light.

"what happened?" Steve asked.

"Jumped on the big guys back and dug my claws in. This brainiac decided to fry us both with enough volts to kill the lights again." Logan said.

"It worked didnt it." Andrew said crossing his arms. He loked to the Hulk who looked like hewas slowly turning back into Banner. "That skin of his something else, inside is another story. Used Logan here as a living conductor, you lived get over it." Andrew said. It had drained him pretty heavily and the tips of his fingers burned from the over exertion but it looked like it had gotten the job done.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 16, 2018 8:15 pm

Sometime later after Dr. Banner was once again himself, Steve secured him on their jet to take him back to Avengers HQ. Lorelai took a moment to approach Andrew who was recovering still after the fight.

"I want to help you find Kylie," she told him honestly. "I have access to SHIELD and Avengers resources. I can't guarantee anything, but I will do my best. Here is my phone number," she said as she handed him one of her cards. "Please call me for any reason...it doesn't even have to be about Kylie. Do you have a picture of her on your phone you can send me?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Wed May 16, 2018 8:34 pm

Andrew was sitting on his bike taping up his fingers when Lorelai came over. She had seen that the nails had split and cracked possibly from his attacks. But it loked as if he was used to that sort of damage. He looked up at her and heard her out not sure on how to answer. His run in with Logan and where he was didnt sit well with him. "I..i can't keep doing this to myself." he said after accepting her number. Lorelai had bene nothing but nice to him so he had little reason to push her away.

He would keep her number in case he needed to talk to someone impartial. He thought for a moment about Kylies picture and shook his head. "No i dont have a picture of her on my phone. I haven't had one until recently..wait.." Andrew said thinking of something. He opened up a compartment on his bike where he kept small personal items and pulled out his wallet. Inside was a folded up picture of her when they were a little younger standing at a pier. On the back was the date the picture was taken. It was obviously well worn and the way Andrew looked at it...

"Thats her." Andrew said handing it to Lorelai with a defeated look. He looked to his hands and shook his head. "i've been looking and..i'm not sure why i thought i would have found her." Andrew said looking off to the side to where the jet was. He could see Steve and Logan talking, "She..has them and i couldn't help her years ago and they could. Even if i did find her i cant...i wouldn't know how to give her a life. This is all i know." He said holding up his bandaged hand. "I'm no Steve Rogers." he said taking a teasing jab at Lorelai.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 16, 2018 8:58 pm

Lorelai wasn't sure how she was going to find her without knowing what she looked like and so she was relieved when he pulled out a physical photograph of Kylie and handed it to her. The picture was well worn and it was clear from the way he looked at the girl in the photograph that he still cared very deeply about her. She carefully took the picture and looked at it. It was of a young woman with blonde, wavy hair and deep blue eyes. An average person would look at the smiling face in the picture and see a happy girl...but Lorelai could see more than that. There were small indications of a tough previous life. Lorelai could see small scars on several places of her body and her eyes had a look to them that made her seem years older than she really was. She looked truly happy though as she smiled at Andrew as he took the picture of her. That picture had been taken just three months before she disappeared.

"She's beautiful," she told him as she took several pictures of the photograph with her phone. She didn't want to keep the original. She handed it back to him and was quiet a moment before speaking honestly.

"No relationship is perfect, but you do the best you can. If you love someone then you make sacrifices and you figure out a way to make it work...together. Love is not weakness...but strength. It can be painful at times, yes...and terrifying, but it is worth it. You don't give yourself enough credit Andrew. I have only known you a few hours, but I can see you are a good man behind that tough fa├žade...just like Steve Rogers," she said with a little smile. "Keep out of trouble."

She then turned and headed back over to the jet where Steve was waiting with Dr. Banner.

OOC-Seems like a good place to stop. How far ahead do we want to jump? I think I would like to skip over Steve and Lorelai finding Kylie and eventually jump to when Andrew walks in and sees her at Avengers HQ. However, I figure it would be a few months from now until they locate Kylie and then another 8 or so months for her recovery. Do we want to do something else with Steve and Lorelai?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Wed May 16, 2018 9:12 pm

OOC: I think that would be a good place to start. So another year before Andrew and Kylie meet again. Umm with Steve and Lorelai i have much coming to mind. I imagine there would be several dates but with work and them keeping things a secret things would be dragging along a little slowly?

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 16, 2018 9:26 pm

OOC-That sounds good to me. I want to wait to have the breakup where she starts dating someone else happen. I'm thinking that after he finds out they get into a huge fight, but then the Avengers are called out to the scene of a situation taking place and Lorelai is nearly killed rescuing a child. But this would happen in the future. What do you think of that idea?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Wed May 16, 2018 9:51 pm

OOC: Oh right i was wondering when you wanted to do the breakup. So the incident would bring them together, life is too short sort of thing. WOuld they go public with their relationship at that point?

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 16, 2018 9:53 pm

OOC-Yes, I would imagine so. But that would be at a future point in the timeline. For now, we can just do like you said and do a little thing with them before the next thread with Kylie.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Wed May 16, 2018 10:23 pm

OOC: Alright, ill start thinking of some sort of date or event for Steve and Lorelai then

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Thu May 17, 2018 9:30 pm

Time had passed since the incident out in the mid west. Banner returned to the Avengers mansion without incident and had taken the time to recuperate. It was discovered that there was an outside force that triggered the change in him. Whilst researching the cause Steve and Lorelai stumbled upon Kylie many months later acting as an enemy agent. After subduing her and learning she was not in control of her mind they took her back to the mansion where she could be helped.

Whilst Kylie was safe in recovery the world continued on. More battles to fight for the Avengers. After one particular mission the Avengers were given time to rest and recooperate. Steve had just finished cleaing himself up and thought of Lorelai. After debating it for a while he picked up his phone and decided to give her a call. He wasn't used to texting and felt a phone call was a bit more personal.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu May 17, 2018 10:11 pm

Lorelai had debated long and hard about whether or not to call Andrew after they found Kylie. However, after talking it over with Steve, they agreed that she needed time to recover and Professor Xavier was anxious to help. She had never thought that a tough man like Logan would ever get emotional, but when he saw Kylie again for the first time in two and a half years he cried like she was his own child. Lorelai was worried about Kylie and desperately hoped that Professor Xavier and Logan were going to be able to help her. She kept in touch with them, calling in once a week to check on her progress. Much to her relief, this last phone call had brought good news...Kylie was much more like herself...though everyone knew she was going to be forever scarred by what had been done to her.

In the meantime, Lorelai and the other Avengers were continuing to fight. Lorelai was a fierce fighter, having been well trained in many forms of martial arts and gymnastics. She was fast and agile and was willing to follow Steve into any fight, no matter how much the odds seemed stacked against them. After this last mission they all went their separate ways temporarily to relax. Lorelai missed Steve and kept wanting to pick up the phone to call him, but she stopped herself each time. At one particularly weak moment she began to reach for the phone, but was surprised when her phone began to ring. When she saw it was Steve she wondered if it was work or personal reasons he was calling. She immediately answered in case there was a mission they were being sent on.

"Hey Steve."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Fri May 18, 2018 10:10 pm

OOC: Had a thought that Andrew is going to be rather cross with certain persons not informing him that Kylie was found and he and Tony hit it off pretty well just to make things more weird.

IC:

Logan had tried to keep up appearances but seeing Kylie safe after all this time proved t obe overwhelming. He nearly bruised a rib on her he hugged her so tight. The mansion was filled with a happiness that it hadnt experienced in some time. But of course there was someone missing at the mansion...

Steve perked up hearing Lorelai's voice. "Hello Lorelai. Calling for a more personal reason." He said knowing they've fought a few times together. Good to make that distinction. "I was wondering if you wanted to get dinner together." He asked. THinking a trip downtown would help relax them quite a bit.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum