New X-Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theory put into practice

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Theory put into practice - Page 2 Empty Re: Theory put into practice

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:40 pm

Lani let Azari lead her to their bedroom. She was very tired...and yet something about that video continued to stick with her. It was strangely...romantic in a way, the older versions of Azari and her. They had made it through hell and back and yet there was still love in their eyes for each other and a great respect for one another as well.

She looked over at Azari as they stood in their bedroom. She walked over to him and looked into his eyes before kissing him deeply and passionately.

Black Widow
Admin

https://new-x-men.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:48 pm

With that nap Azari was a little refreshed and his mind was thinking of what he should focus on next. He had made the assumption that Lani would start researching others theories on time travel and concoct a formula as soon as she would wake. He was glad she didnt fight him on the sleep thing as he got her all the way back to their bedroom. He was goign to volunteer to get her sleeping outfit pulled out for her so she could relax when she approached him.

He wasn't expecting a kiss let alone with such fire. He relaxed and began to kiss her back wondering what brought this on. He wrapped his arm around her continuing to kiss her reacting to her affections. Like his older counterpart Azari was faithful to Leilani, she was the only one who ever understood him and she forever held his heart.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:57 pm

Lani felt Azari kiss her back and she slipped her arms around his neck. She loved him so much that it hurt. He was her soulmate and one true love. He complemented her and encouraged her like no one else ever could. He got her jokes and even laughed at the bad ones. If she was sick, he dropped everything he was working on to take care of her. No relationship was perfect, but there was no one on earth that she would rather spend her life with.

She slowly pulled back from the kiss so they both could breathe and she looked up into his eyes. Her eyes were aflame with desire. When he didn't object, she pulled his shirt off over his head and let it drop to the floor before kissing him again.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:24 pm

Azari looked to Lani his eyes beginning to cloud over as his desire and emotions began to take over. He lifted his arms up as Lani pulled his shirt off and went right back to kissing him again. He began to move her onto the bed rather eager to spend time with his wife than return to the labs. Making quick work of his own pants and her clothing he looked down to Lani. "Suppose the work can wait till tomorrow..ish." He said giving her another kiss.

OOC: Moving on to Sam and the trio?

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:26 pm

OOC-Sounds good to me. I really like Azari and Lani btw. We should try to do more with them.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:14 pm

Ray Kiara and Caleb were still on the lookout for any news on the vigilante that evening. Well Kiara was doing the driving as Ray's arm was still bandaged and stitched up. The bullet had done some damage and his arm would lose some of it strength as a result. Caleb's past experience with James was brought up but Ray brushed it off. Life happens sometimes and he wasn't going to hold something against a friend.

Ray had called a few contacts to see if they heard of any developments in the Gray Quarter but was coming up short. The uptick in activity was getting teh attention of other parties so Ibrahim was having everyone go underground for a little bit. So the only idiots that were causing trouble were bored teens or disorganized gang members. "Finding this guy is going to be an issue if all of our people have ghosted." Ray said tapping his phone against his head. "The guy he tortured still on the mend and Ibrahim is still trying to get him to find out what happened." he said.

Caleb just had his head against the window looking to the rooftops until a figure caught his attention. "wait...i think i saw him." he said. Ray looked back to his friend finding that hard to believe.

"How do you figure?"

"How many people stand around on rooftops?" Caleb asked. Ray looked to Kiara and sighed but for now he didnt have any leads.

"you wanna climb up a fire escape hon?"

Sam had flown in to do some scouting. Fury had gotten some reports about illegal ctivity in the Gray Quarter primarily firearm manufacturing and money laundering. Normally he'd send in Mariah but he didnt want to overwork her. Sam had volunteered and felt getting to work in the Gray Quarter would be simple work. He and Andrew would talk often of their backgrounds and if Sam coudln't locate anything that evening he'd just pop over to have another chat and get some advise. Maybe try and pull him out of retirement to walk his old stomping grounds.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:25 pm

Kiara was still pretty upset about Ray's arm. She wanted to find that vigilante and make him pay for what he did. She then planned to call Mariah out and tell her off. She didn't care what Ibrahim said about leaving her alone, she should have stayed and done her job. However, she needed to tackle one thing at a time.

Once Ibrahim got wind that SHIELD was starting to pay attention to the activity in the area everyone pulled out of the Gray Quarter and it became very quiet. However, the vigilante needed to be found and dealt with so he sent the three of them in to case the area and see if he would show up. Kiara was driving through the area slowly and was about to suggest they call it a night before someone got suspicious of them when Caleb suddenly said that he spotted him. Kiara slowed the car to a stop and looked back at Caleb who went on to say he was up on the roof. Ray couldn't climb with his injured arm and Caleb might draw unwanted attention so she was the only one who could do it.

"Fine," she said as she sighed and rolled her eyes. She put the car into park and looked back at Caleb again. "Which building was it?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:43 am

Ray looked to Kiara not meaning to suggest that she go up alone. "listen this guy is dangerous he's not like a goody good the guy has killed."H e warned getting out of the car. Caleb pointed out which building that he saw Sam on and joined Ray outside. "Whats your plan?" Ray asked. Granted if he was whole his only plan was to just to shoot the guy in the back. No monologue no evil speech just bang and get it over with.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:23 pm

Kiara got out of the car and looked over as Ray joined her. She wasn't sure if Ray was physically up to this, but she knew better than to argue with him and waste precious time. She pulled her gun out and checked that it was loaded. "I don't really have a plan other than take the guy down. How are you going to help with your hurt arm?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:23 pm

Ray looked up the fire escape and his arm ached just at the thought of trying to climb that. He looked to Kiara when she asked how he was going to help. He concentrated on his power and his shadow lifted up from the ground and stood next to him like a doppelganger still mirroring his movement. "Dear wife have you forgotten my friend?" He asked. He rarely used his mutation as most of their schemes relied mostly on seduction and blackmail. And Caleb's mutation was far quicker than his own in a fight.

"I'll be slower going up but i'll make it. But no way am i leaving you to fight this guy on your own." Ray said showing some concern.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:32 pm

OOC-I'm going out tonight so I won't be replying after this until I get back

IC-Kiara watched as Ray concentrated on his mutation. His shadow came up to stand beside him and she couldn't help but smile a little. "I haven't seen you use your mutation in a while. I like it."
When Ray then went on to express concern about her fighting the vigilante on her own she smiled even more and wrapped her arms around his neck. "My protector." She kissed him rather deeply for a long moment before slowly pulling back. "Guess I should get started."

She then walked over to the fire escape and began to climb up towards the roof of the building.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:38 pm

OOC: have fun!

IC:

Ray looked to his shadow who gave him a thumbs up. He lost focus for a bit as Kiara kissed him rather heavily. For a moment he forgot they were working and he really wanted to misbehave. But Kiara stepped away from him and started climbing up. Course that did little to calm him down. He appreciated the view for a moment and with his shadows assistance began to climb.

Caleb watched his two friends begin their climb making sure to help if they fell. His hairs reached out to both sides of the building and began to haul himself up like a spider. After a few moments they reached the top of the building where Sam was leaning over. Thinking of calling it a night himself he thought he heard movement. "whos there?" he called out. He turend his armored suit shining in the moonlight.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:59 pm

Kiara was quiet as she climbed. She was stealthy and agile and dressed in all black she was difficult to pick out. She was aware that in addition to Ray's shadow following her that Caleb was as well. She was nearing the top when she suddenly heard Sam's voice. She stopped moving and leaned back into the shadows to hide herself. As she looked up she realized that this guy was not their target and to her horror she noticed who it was.

"Ray," she whispered into her earpiece, "it's not our target. It's Falcon...one of the Avengers."

OOC-What exactly were you wanting to happen during this encounter? Is Andrew going to actually show up and then Sam intervenes?

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:11 pm

OOC: Nah wasn't planning on having Andrew show up. Figure Sam would apy him a visit after this for advice. The takeway i have for this is the trio reports to Ibrahim that Sam is meddling. Maybe Mariah hears that Sam is active in the field where she's being blackmailed

IC:
Ray stopped in his climb and nearly fell from what Kiara just reported in. An avenger!? another one!? were they just breeding in this area!? "Alright, um..can you get back down?" He asked thinking they'd have to get Kiara away from him. Falcon would be a tough fight for the three of them even at good health.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:21 pm

OOC-Ok. I went to my doctor today and it turns out that I have bronchitis. Thankfully, she put me on an inhaler and a z-pack and thinks based on how long I've been sick that I should be getting better soon. And sorry, I meant James not Andrew.

IC-Kiara was not happy about this. This guy was meddling where he shouldn't be. She wanted to keep climbing and confront him, but she knew Ray would freak. So she reluctantly climbed back down the fire escape. She hated backing down, but she also knew that they couldn't just attack an Avenger.

Once she was back on the ground she looked at Ray. "Why do you think that guy is here?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:40 pm

OOC: Ouch, well at least you got some meds to take care of it. Oh! James that would have been something.. crap oh well!

IC:

Ray looked up and tried to think why an Avenger was here. "Maybe Ibrahim's operation is attracting too much attention. He wasn't happy about what happened to that building. If word gets out about the guns that might draw SHIELD's attention." Ray said thinking of reasons why an Avenger was snooping around. He looked to his arm and thought that taking out an Avenger would certainly get the wrong attention.

"We shoudln't fight him, even if we drop him someone will notice he's missing. We should get with Ibrahim let him deal figure out how to deal with this." Ray said.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:41 pm

OOC-Well, we can back up if you want to and add that in.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:17 pm

OOC: Hmm, i wrote something out but with that assumption wasn't liking where it was going to be honest. I put it down below but i think we still have the same problem on what the trio would really attempt to do.

As Kiara whispered to Ray Sam was quickly approaching when a flash of light drew his attention. On a seprate roof a door opened up and a man stumbled out trying to flee. James stepped out from the door and blasted a bolt at the back of his leg dropping him unaware that Sam was nearby. It was just another lead that James was pursuing. Grabbing his target by the collar he lifted him up and began to question him.

Ignoring the sound he heard earlier Sam began his approach calling out to James unaware of his identity. Ray saw the flash of light where he was and recognized the figure on the other rooftop. "Thats our guy." Ray said trying to climb a bit faster. He wasn't sure if they wnated to get involved with and Avenger was involved . Sam stood on the edge of the roof.

"Let him go." He called out to James who froze seeing who called him out. James glared at his target and asked him again for more information or he was going to throw him from the roof.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:33 pm

OOC-Yeah, I think you are right. Let's just go with the original post. I was trying to come up with some way to get them involved, but Sam would be able to easily take them out with his suit.

IC-Kiara listened to Ray and knew he was ultimately right. They needed to talk to Ibrahim and immediately. They waited until they saw Falcon fly off before getting into their car and driving back to Ibrahim's base of operations. Kiara stood next to Ray as he told Ibrahim what had happened. When he was done she looked at him. "What should we do about this situation?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:55 pm

OOC: Yeah i spent a good time looking at it and just thought it wasn't going to involve you much at all lol. and they would be at a disadvantage against Sam

IC:

Ibrahim was not happy but wasn't yelling so there was that. He was rubbing his temples as he tried to think of a situation. Ray was growing concerned their way of life was being threatened by this. "Alright the original plan stands. we have to stay underground for now." Ibrahim said. This was going to cut into their profit margins but he had other plans. He tapped his fingers on his head thinking of something but god he didnt want proceed with it.

"Worst case scenario we pack up and leave the Gray Quarter." He said. Getting started in the area was fairly easy given how few wandered in the area and distance from the closest police station. "We need to make this area less important to SHIELD. police we can handle." Ibrahim said. "i'll speak with our benefactor and advise them of our need for assistance." He then thought of Mariah and how to best use her for this situation..and a way for her to be stuck with him.

Killing a comrade does mess with ones mind after all

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:01 pm

Kiara wasn't happy at all. She certainly did not like the idea of them packing up and leaving the Gray Quarter. This was their spot! She, Ray, and Caleb knew this area backwards and forwards. They were comfortable here and could do business easily here. She hated the fact that SHIELD seemed to be interfering in their lives again.

"So we have to stay underground while our target is still out there?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:13 pm

Ibrahim knew the vigilante played a big part on why they were getting attention paid to them but coudln't commit others to search for him. "For the time being, you two are probably still on SHIELDs radar so wandering about at night would be a risk. I'm certain ill find a use for you three elsewhere in the meantime until the heat dies down."

Ray was at least happy they would be utilized elsewhere. He didnt want to leave the Gray Quarter but he was a realist. If they could find work elsewhere he was fine with leaving. "If anything comes up i'll be sure to reach out and let you know. in the meantime dont cause trouble aned you stay out of sight." Ibrahim said looking to Caleb

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:18 pm

OOC-Ok, so where did we want to go from here?

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:28 pm

OOC: Okay, so i think the next bit with this would involve Ibrahim assigning the task of dealing with Sam. Maybe Sam uncovers a cache of guns. Ooor Lani and Azari find out what James is doing and try and track him down themselves, or some other task with those two. Could ahve someone pry into Mariah's issues with Steve as well

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:33 pm

OOC-I say let's go with the Lani and Azari finding out what James is doing idea. Mariah is not going to crack regarding what's going on with Steve until she is caught. The other thing we need to do (and we could possibly do this in the same thread as the Lani, Azari, James thread) is to have the Avengers have a meeting where they discuss this new person that is working for Ibrahim (aka Mariah). Would be rather tense for Mariah considering she would be apart of that meeting. What do you think?

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum