New X-Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Choices to make

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Choices to make - Page 3 Empty Re: Choices to make

Post by VoltKimo Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:22 pm

Andrew nodded still diverting his eyes as much as he could especially when she put her hair down. He thought of his own time for the day and most of it was pretty much the same. He was trying to read through the books Kylie lent him but was still struggling. "Just relaxing for the day i suppose." He said. He definitely wasn't going to go upstairs.

"Got some work left but Sabella gives me extra time with it." he said. He thought of the work he was given and was struggling with the reading portions. "Kind of need it, im not doing so great with the reading..."

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:28 pm

Kylie was quiet a moment when Andrew admitted that he was struggling with reading still. "I could help you if you want. We could order pizza and have it delivered and go over some of the material. If you want to that is. I don't want to feel like I'm pressuring you or anything."

Black Widow
Admin

https://new-x-men.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:58 pm

Andrew went quiet at Kylie's offer to help him. On one hand he felt rather dim for his difficulty with reading but this would mean he would be in close quarters with Kylie. But if she was willing to help him out he didnt want to turn her away. Not to mention she brought up pizza which was an exceedingly rare treat for him. "Um..s-sure that would be fine i suppose." He said being positive. "i'll just go change then and get my books..um where do you like to study?" He asked. He normally just stuck to his room despite Hanks attempts to have him go outside. WEll that ended some time ago much to Andrews relief

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:21 pm

Kylie was pleasantly surprised when Andrew agreed to let her help him. She had never had the opportunity to help someone like this before and she hoped that she wouldn't mess it up. She wanted Andrew to be able to trust her...and she wanted to be able to trust him. She smiled and knew exactly where to get the pizza from...DeAngelo's. Logan had taken her there a few days after she had arrived at the mansion and it was the best pizza she had ever eaten.

"We can study wherever you want," she told him honestly, wanting him to be comfortable. "I'll go change too and order the pizza. What kind of pizza do you like?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:17 am

Andrew was becoming more and more nervous the more time spent thinking about this. He was worried he'd get short with her at some point. No point in freaking out about it now if it happens it happens he thought. He thought of where to study and felt his room was out, he was certain someone would have a problem with it and strangely he didnt want to cause problems for Kylie.

"Um..the kitchen should be ok." Andrew said choosing a safe place. He thought of what pizza he liked and realized people normally had preferences, he shook his head. "I dont really have a favorite. I even like pineapples and ham." he said with a smile.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:34 am

Kylie was rather surprised that Andrew suggested studying in the kitchen. He didn't really seem to like to come out of his sub-basement, but she wasn't going to argue. This was going to be a test for the both of them. Kylie was going to have to be patient, something she often had problems with, and Andrew was going to have to keep his temper in check.

She smiled and shook her head a little when Andrew mentioned liking pineapple and ham on his pizza. "Well, I don't so I'll just go with one cheese and one pepperoni. I'll place the order and change and then meet you in the kitchen."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:24 pm

Andrew nodded having no problem with the pizza order Kylie suggested. "Okay, i'll see you in a bit then." He said. They split up to their respective rooms. Behind closed doors Andrew held his head asking himself what he was doing! After having a little internal panic he started to clean himself up doing his best ot make sure he would be in a good mood before his study session. He bandaged his finger tips scolding himself for firing off a blast without prepping himself.

Dressing in an oversized shirt he was gifted and a pair of shorts he grabbed up his lesson books from the desk. Thinking back to a couple of months ago he was sleeping in a subway car he found it surprising by how much he was adjusting. Kylie's books rested on the desk as well a bookmark resting in one of them. He made his way upstairs hesitating as he stepped out of the elevator. He didnt want to see Logan or anyone else that would disrupt his mood. Seeing no one about he simply went to the kitchen to start a nice evening.

In the distance a storm began to rise up moving slowly in their general direction.

OOC: figure a storm would interrupt their lessons and send Kylie into the subbasement

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:36 pm

Kylie headed upstairs to her room. Once there she placed the delivery order and got out some cash she had hidden away. Professor Xavier paid her an allowance in exchange for doing some chores around the mansion since she wouldn’t take any money outright. She didn’t buy a lot of things so the money mostly remained in a box she had in her room on her dresser.

She changed out of her suit and into a pair of jeans and an oversized, long sleeve “AC/DC” shirt. Logan has introduced her to the band a few years ago and they quickly became one of her favorites. She put on a pair of combat style boots and headed downstairs to meet Andrew in the kitchen. She was unaware of the approaching storm.

She smiled when she saw Andrew with his books in the kitchen. “Pizza should be here in about 20 minutes.”

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:51 pm

Andrew opened up one of the books getting everything set for the study session. Normally he felt anxious being up here but for some reason he felt all tingly. He assumed a storm was approaching, he tended to go for a long walks in them as the charge was euphoric. Hearing Kylie's voice snapped his attention back to the task at hand. "Oh thats good." He said happy that they would be having a meal. Unaware that she was paying for it he lifted up one of his books for Kylie to look at showing her what was working with.

he was a bit behind Kylie in terms of reading but he was developing rather quickly. Sabella would have been able to pinpoint his difficulty with the longer words or words not in his normal vocabulary. "She's having me work through this one right now, bit of a slow going at the moment." He said trying not to feel embarrassed.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:05 pm

Kylie was more than happy to pay for the pizza. She and Andrew finally seemed to be connecting and it would be nice to share a meal together. She grabbed two sodas from the fridge and gave one to Andrew as she walked over.

“Ok so how about you start reading out loud and whenever you come to a difficult spot we will stop and work through it together.”

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:22 pm

Andrew accepted the soda and gave a nod hearing Kylie's instruction. Made the most sense to him so he started reading. At first it started out pretty well but soon he began to struggle with a few words. Doing his best to remind himself to keep his temper in check he struggled on. At first he felt confident but over time it diminished and he felt frustrated with struggling with a few words.

He kept his eyes on the book best he could but being in close quarters with Kylie was becoming a distracting. Finding another long word he tried to sound it out but felt ridiculous doing that in front of her that he leaned back in his chair to calm himself. He rubbed his arm, "S-sorry...im not great with the longer ones." he said apologizing. "Shouldn't get mad at words."

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:41 pm

Kylie sat next to Andrew while he read. At first things were fine. However, as the text became more difficult she could sense his frustration grow. “It’s fine Andrew. Don’t beat yourself up.”

Just then the doorbell rang and Kylie got up. “Pizza is here so why don’t we take a break.”

She went out and got the pizzas and paid for them. She brought them back into the kitchen and they ate a slice or two before getting back into the reading. Kylie was close to Andrew so she could see the book. She went over the words he was having difficulty with. She had brought down a dictionary and together they looked up each word so he would understand the meaning and also see the correct pronunciation.

As they got through another couple of pages there was suddenly a loud crack of thunder. Kylie jumped and her face paled. She actually got under the table and began to visibly tremble.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:50 pm

Kylie's words were appreciated greatly and it made Andrew feel a little better. That tingly feeling persisted once the food arrived and after eating a bit he was ready to try again. With Kylie so close however he found hismelf a little distracted. He took notice of little things about her as she helped him with the definitions and pronunciation. He was about to ask if she wanted to hang out more often when the thunder clap occured. He jumped as well at kylie's reaction and watched her duck under the table.

He thought for a moment and remembered the last time she was in subbasement because of a storm. "Oh..oh! Hey" He crouched down so he could look at her. "We should go downstairs and..." he stopped seeing her tremble. He felt rather protective of her then and reached out for her hand, "here take my hand and we'll go down into the subbasement so you won't hear the thunder." He said offering his hand.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:02 pm

All of Kylie’s strength and courage vanished in the blink of an eye and suddenly her vulnerability was exposed. Tears actually filled her eyes. She felt rather ridiculous in front of Andrew but instead of teasing her he actually took her hand to give her comfort and remembered her fear. When he suggested going down to the sub-basement she nodded and let him help her out from under the table. They quickly gathered up the pizza boxes, books and sodas and rushed to the elevator. As more thunder shook the mansion she moved closer to Andrew for protection and comfort.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:53 pm

Andrew had underestimated just how much storms affected Kylie. He took notice of how close she was keeping to him. As they got into the elevator another thunderclap went off. Juggling the books and the pizza Andrew placed them atop of his hood and moved close to Kylie hoping she wouldn't mind. He just moved his free arm around her in an innocent gesture of comfort. They stood in the elevator for a moment and eventually the sound dampening took hold and Andrew could no longer feel the charge in the air. He released Kylie once the doors opened to the quiet subbasement.

"Sorry..you ok?" He asked holding the pizza boxes and the books in front of his chest.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:41 pm

Kylie moved even closer to Andrew as another thunderclap resonated through the mansion and gripped his shirt. She closed her eyes and felt him put a comforting arm around her. Finally, the doors closed and the elevator descended down into the sub-basement. As the doors opened Kylie found it was quiet and she slowly relaxed. She blushed a little as she realized how silly she must seem.

"Yeah...I'm better now," she said as they stepped off the elevator. "Thank you for helping me."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:23 pm

Andrew was glad that Kylie seemed to relax once they were in the subbasement. He didnt think it was odd that she was afraid of the storm, people were afraid of all sorts of things. "No problem, didnt really do much really." He said as they stepped out into the hallway. He stopped and thought of places they could study, "OK so unless you have that second room still set up the only place i can think of that has chairs is my room or Hank's office." He said looking to Kylie.

His heart began to beat a bit quicker as he had started to personalize his room a little bit and hadn't really shown anyone besides Hank.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:30 pm

Kylie was slowly starting to calm down. Her heart rate was still elevated, but it was coming down to a normal level and she had stopped trembling. She looked over at Andrew when he mentioned the various places they might be able to study down there. She smiled a little when he mentioned his room.

"Why don't we go to your room?" Then, suddenly realizing that might be awkward she added, "Unless you don't want to."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:44 pm

Andrew looked to Kylie when she asked about his room. It was relatively clean, although a bit cluttered with all the random things he felt better having around him. But it had a desk and a chair next to the bed so they would be comfortable at least. He thought of making a case for Hank's office but there was probably important files on his own desk. And the other rooms didnt really have comfortable accommodations.

"yeah that'll be fine." Andrew said with a nod. After making sure she was ok he lead her to his room his heart beating rapidly. Its just a room you moron relax he thought as he opened the door. He turned on the light and stepped inside, It was originally an extra storage space for Hank and still contained some lab equipment that was still powered against a far wall. There were boxes that contained Andrew's more personal belongings stacked up against a wall and bed giving him a sense of enclosure while he slept. On the desk were piles of music sheets that Hank had given him as a way to support creativity.

"Um you can take the chair and i'll just sit on the bed and we can keep goin." He said making some space on the desk for the pizza boxes and books. He would have offered the bed but wasn't sure if that was appropriate. On the desk was a radio as well, "I assume you like classic rock?" He asked having taken notice of the long sleeve shirt she was wearing.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:55 pm

Kylie walked with Andrew into his room and looked around. It was smaller and still had some of Hank's lab equipment, but she could see Andrew turning it into his own space. She took a seat on the chair and pulled out another slice of pizza to eat. She took a bite as Andrew asked her if she liked classic rock. She nodded and swallowed her bite before talking.

"Yeah, Logan introduced me to some classic rock bands when we were first traveling around together. AC/DC, Queen, Led Zepplin, The Who, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath...I love them all. When I was locked away in that facility I didn't have any music to listen to, but I replayed my favorite songs over and over in my head. It helped me from going crazy."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:18 pm

Andrew grabbed himself another slice as well forgetting that little treat for a moment. Before sitting down he turned the radio on to a local classic station. He listened to Kylie explain her affection for the classic rock band. He didnt mind the genre he was just used to other types of music. "I'm sorry you were in there for so long." Andrew said. It only led to bolster what Mason warned him about using his gifts in front of strangers. Humans weren't too trustworthy of mutants, moreso of the homeless..

He wolfed down his piece of pizza and grabbed up his workbook to continue reading. If Kylie were to investigate the desk further she would find one of the books she lent him with a bookmark in it. Looked as if he were trying to read through it. He did his best to focus on the words in order to keep his mind off that he had a girl in his room.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:27 pm

Kylie shrugged a little, not really wanting to talk about her time in that place. She still had horrible nightmares and knew that Dr. Lucius wasn't going to just let her go that easily. He was going to try and find her. In order to take her mind off of that thought she looked around his room a little more. Glancing at the desk she discovered Huckleberry Finn sitting there with a bookmark in it. It made her smile to know he was at least trying.

Over the next two hours they ate more pizza and worked together on his reading skills. Kylie remained patient and Andrew seemed to make some progress and didn't get frustrated. During breaks in studying they talked and got to know one another more. Kylie eventually made it over to sit next to him on the bed. She spotted a picture of Andrew and Mason together and she picked it up and looked at it.

"Mason seems like he was a really good guy. You were lucky to have him."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:40 pm

Andrew hadn't meant to bring up her time in the lab but it seemed like it didnt impact their evening. They listened to various radio stations whenever a song they weren't into came on and Kylie seemed to know whenever Andrew was stuck on a word. Talking with Kylie during the breaks relaxed him a bit more and he stopped worrying about things. the fact she was now sitting on his bed didn't bother him.

He adjusted the radio back to the rock station as Kylie looked through his pictures. He looked back to her when she brought up Mason and he looked at the old photo. He remembered that day, the photo was taken at a carnival. Mason had gotten some extra money turning in cans and he just spent it on that days fun.

"yeah.." He said remembering. "He was always teaching me things, to be a good person." Andrew said remembering his lessons. In fact Hank reminded him of Mason quite a bit. Andrew was fairly young in the photo but looked happy, miles away from when she first met him. "Dont think i would have made it without him, he looked out for me made sure i got enough to eat and stayed warm. He would have known what to do about the subway.." He said thinking of his home. He was confident that Mason would be upset but would have found a new home in no time at all.

"But at least i have a roof over my head." Andrew said doing his best to see the silver lining.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:55 pm

Kylie couldn’t help but smile at Andrew’s optimism. At first he had been cold and distant, but she understood why. People who had been in situations like they had had to do anything to survive and never knew who to trust. But now Andrew was coming out of his shell and opening up to her.

“He would have been proud of you Andrew,” she told him honestly. “I know you feel alone now, but I’m here Andrew,” she told him softly as she reached over and took his hand into hers.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:21 pm

Andrew was touched that Kylie said that Mason would proud of him. Well he had done some things he was sure Mason wouldn't have approved of but he had time to atone for it. He felt Kylie's hand on his own and he looked to her his mind reminding him that sh ewas on his bed.

"th-thanks Kylie." He said. his eyes sparked as his heart raced a bit. He gave her hand a warm squeeze. "So um..should i get back to reading?" He asked. He wasn't sure if the storm was still going on upstairs and he wasnt sure how to convey the feelings he was experiencing.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum