New Family

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New Family Empty New Family

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:23 pm

During the mourning period for James and Mariah Jayden and Zoe did their best to keep their excitement down whenever they were near the couple. News of Mariah's incident had spread through the mansion eventually. Despite this Andrew and Alex couldn't be more happier for the expecting parents. While andrew focused on James and helping him along he left the care giving and advise to Alex. Time crept on and the unborn child grew and grew until it became obvious time was almost at hand.

Jayden had sought advice from Kai and Kamea on how to help with the process and both of them just told him to weather whatever insults Zoe threw his way. Other than they advised him to be as supportive as possible. So jayden did his best to keep on Zoe's good side doing little favors for her and getting her things. Unlike Kai he wasn't as studious about the changes, having to read anything was more than a chore for him. It wasn't until late in the pregnancy when he realized he didnt see much of James. But given the incident he didnt want to make the guy feel any worse. He voiced his concerns to the others and they reached out to him with no response.

Early one morning Jayden had woken up early in order to see about making Zoe some breakfast. He reached over to check if she was still there

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New Family Empty Re: New Family

Post by Admin on Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:06 pm

Zoe was thrilled to discover she was pregnant. Although she and Jayden had gone through a rough patch recently they had come to an understanding and things between them couldn't have been better. They hadn't been trying for a child, but were thrilled nonetheless. She knew what had happened to Mariah and was supportive of her whenever she was around. She and James had congratulated them, but Zoe could see how difficult it was for them. She and Jayden decided to be careful around them and to try not to make them feel any worse than they already did. It was hard for Zoe to see her brother in emotional pain, and harder still seeing Mariah like that. The pair did their best to hide their emotions around others, but Zoe could see straight them the hard outer shell they both put up.

As her pregnancy progressed, Zoe began to read more books about pregnancy, birth, and child care and sought advice from her mother, Jasmine, Gwen, and Sorina. The closer to got to giving birth the more nervous she became. Not just the birth itself, but about raising this child. However, she knew that she and Jayden would have a wonderful support system in the mansion.

Zoe was within days of her due date. People actually had begun betting on what day and time she could give birth. It was something that had also happened during Sorina and Gwen's pregnancies. Zoe was having a more difficult time falling and staying asleep. She just couldn't get comfortable. That morning she had woken up early and was sitting in the rocking chair next to the bassinet they had been given. She didn't notice that Jayden had woken up.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://new-x-men.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:21 pm

Jayden slowly sat up stretching a bit finding Zoe not on her side of the bed. His eyes adjusted and he simply spotted her in her chair, "still not sleeping?" He asked rubbing his head. He had little hope of getting any sleep one their child was born. Not with how he was as a child he anticipated nothing but trouble. "Can i get you anything?" He asked getting out of bed and approaching her.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:29 pm

Zoe felt the baby move a little and she rubbed her stomach slightly. "No, it's almost impossible to get comfortable with this huge belly and I also wake up every hour to pee."

She heard Jayden's question but she didn't answer him. Instead, she asked him one. "Are you scared?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:27 pm

Jayden got up and began to put on a shirt and shorts as Zoe talked of her difficulties. He paused when Zoe asked if he was scared. Well truth be told he was scared of numerous things, what if something happened to during the birth? But he wasn't sure if that was the only thing she was scared of. "A bit yeah, what's scaring you? Anything outside of the normal stuff?"

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:39 pm

Zoe sighed and picked up a stuffed bear that Sorina and Kai had given them for the baby. She looked at it for a moment before she held it against her body and wrapped her arms around it. "What if I'm not a good mother?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:10 pm

Jayden was prepped for this from Kamea and knew what to say. "you'll make a wonderful mother Zoe. Both our parents made it pretty good and no one would have pegged for parenthood." He said. He walked over and kissed the top of her head, "Whatever we have we'll raise it with love and affection. And like Kamea and Gwen there will be a mansion full of people happy to help us out." he said with a smile.

"Besides you deal with me on a regular basis, baby is bound to be easier to deal with in comparison." He joked.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:16 pm

Zoe couldn't help but laugh at Kamea's last comment. He left her smiling and feeling better about the situation. She knew deep down that they would be alright, but it was nice to have that reassurance from her husband.

"Thank you for making me feel better," she told him before giving him a kiss. "I think for breakfast I'll just have some toast and orange juice. I'm actually not feeling very hungry this morning." Kamea might have heard from Kai that this was a sign that labor might be starting soon.

OOC-So, boy or girl? You choose lol

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:36 pm

Jayden returned Zoe's kiss and gave a nod at her breakfast order. He paused a bit when he remembered Kai saying a decrease in appetite was an early sign. Well he didnt want to cause panic in Zoe and honestly how accurate would Kai's advice actually be? "Toast and orange juice, i'll be right back." He said with a smile

OOC: ah crud..what do Gwen and Sorina have again?

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:43 pm

OOC-Sorina and Kai have a girl and Gwen and Kamea have a boy lol

IC-Zoe smiled at her husband and as he was leaving she heard her phone go off. She couldn't help but smile when she saw her dad's name appear on the ID screen. As her due date got closer he and her mother had been in contact with her more and more.

"Hi Dad," she said as she picked up.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:38 pm

OOC: right right. Alright, flipped a coin. Congrats Jayden and Zoe you're having a boy. less you want a girl

IC:

Andrew had far too much time on his hands now that he was retired and instead of bugging Alex all the time he took to talking with his children. He had been spending a great deal of time with James helping him mourn. Even going so far as to getting a plaque for their child at the family tomb. It helped James rest at night with Andrew telling him that Mason would look after their child.

But spending time with james made him realize he should spend time with his little girl more often. He knew she ahd a meal plan with her child but he would join with Jayden and get her to cheat every so often. He was sitting in the backyard thinking of a future plan he wanted to get started on. A nice pool for when the kids visited. And on that note he figured he'd give Zoe a call knowing she had issues sleeping.

"Morning sweetheart, figured you'd be up by now. How are you feeling?" He asked.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:49 pm

OOC-lol no a boy is fine. We will just need to think of a name now. Any suggestions?

IC-Alex was currently in the process of retiring from the hospital as Chief Surgeon. It was turning out to be a long process because they needed to find an adequate replacement for her and she served on quite a few committees. However, her stress levels were already decreasing and she was looking forward to spending more time with her husband, children, and incoming grandchild. She would still serve as the chief physician for the Avengers, but that wasn't quite as time consuming as working in the hospital.

Zoe rocked a little on the glider chair she had been given, enjoying the comforting feeling and imagining that perhaps in a week she would be holding her baby in her arms in this same spot. She and Jayden had both decided they didn't want to know the sex of the baby until it was born, but she was going to be happy no matter what it was because it was her's and Jayden's.

"Fat, bloated, unattractive, and tired."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:15 pm

OOC: oh man..well at least with that family it would be more modern. will start brainstorming

IC:

Andrew smirked when Zoe listed off how she felt. "oh just wait, once that kid comes out you'll miss those pregnancy days. And you're not fat hon you have a baby." He said clicking his tongue. He leaned forward in his chair staring out into the yard. "have you two picked a couple of names?" he asked. He didnt find it odd they didnt want to know the gender of the baby. Afterall he wasn't present for James birth so he was of a free mind for that sort of thing.

"you're mother is beyond excited. I think she's retiring just so she'll have an easier time to drop whatever she's doing to babysit." He smiled.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:21 pm

Zoe smiled a little at her father's words. He always had a way of making her smile when she was feeling down. In that way Jayden reminded her of him. She rested her hand upon her very round belly and shook her head. "We've considered a couple of girl names and a couple of boy names, but I don't think the right name is really going to come to us until the baby is born."

She smiled a little when her father mentioned how excited her mother was. "Well, Jayden and I don't want to bother you guys too much..."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:39 pm

Andrew nodded knowing that Zoe and Jayden would have a few backup names. "I got ya, i'm sure you two will pick the perfect name for hte little one." He said. Since their really bad fight Andrew had made a real effort in being nice to Jayden. He would often refer to them as a couple instead of individuals. He still didnt really like Jayden but the guy was finally beginning to warm up to him.

He laughed when Zoe said they didnt want to be a bother, "Do you know how much time i have on my hands nowadays? You two wont be a bother, will be a nice change of pace. Running out of projects around the house..well cept for one but thats a surprise for your mother when she leaves on a conference for a few days." Andrew said. He took a deep breath, "Would be nice to have a kid around the house again in any case." he said missing those days terribly.

"Anyway, i didnt want to bother you too much. Just wanted to check in on ya, see if you needed anything so you can give your husband a break." He smiled.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:45 pm

Zoe loved her father dearly. There had been that rough patch when he had thought their mother was cheating on him with Tony Stark and had left her, but they had all come through that together. She had ultimately regretted the things she had said to her father during that time, but she had been young and upset. She knew that her father would do anything for James or her and she couldn't wait to see him hold her son or daughter for the first time. She knew she was going to cry.

She was about to hang up with her father when something he said hit her and she very quickly backed up to that.

"Wait, wait, wait...let's back up to what you said about this project that is going to be a surprise for Mom. What are you going to do? And is this surprise going to be a nice surprise for her or one where she might have a stroke or threaten to divorce you?" she teased.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:14 pm

Andrew was about to start saying his goodbyes but heard Zoe protest and ask more details on his surprise. "what did you say? sorry you're breaking up zoe." He held up a finger making it spark imitating static. He knew he wasn't fooling his daughter but it was still nice to play.

"It's not a big thing, it will be a nice surprise. I mean there's always a chance of divorce and a stroke but thats what makes life interesting." He said leaning back in his chair. "It's just a little bit of gardening is all." If tearing up part of the yard to dig it up was gardening...

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:23 pm

At 2 am the following morning Alex was laying in bed with Andrew. Both of them were deeply asleep. It was strange for Alex to be on a normal sleeping pattern. Most of the emergency calls were now going to the new Chief Surgeon, Dr. Paul Lassieter. However, if he really needed her he would still call. And so when the phone began to ring at 2:07 a.m. Alex immediately assumed it was Paul...that is until she realized it was the house phone that was ringing and not her cell phone. She sat up and looked over at Andrew as he answered it...knowing only one thing could mean them getting a call at 2:07 in the morning.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:30 pm

Andrew woke upon hearing the ringing. He was never a morning person and it held true now. His hand missed the phone a few times but on the 4th attempt he grabbed it. His mind not quite awake from his dream he answered, "Hello."

"hi! Need help..it's happening!' Jaydens voice erupted on the other side. Andrew winced and his eyes sparked as he looked to Alex his head finally catching up.

"oh..christ. Right childbirth never happens during normal hours. We're on our way, just have Zoe do the breathing thing and stop panicking." Andrew said sitting up. He looked to Alex, "you're daughter has decided to give birth now. you up?" He asked with a smile.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:37 pm

Alex was immediately awake upon hearing Jayden's panicked voice on the other end of the phone. She smiled a little knowing that Jayden was going to make a wonderful father. She quickly got out of bed and grabbed some clothes to change into. She knew there were plenty of people at the mansion to help them, but she wanted to get there as quickly as possible to be with her daughter.

Suddenly, something hit her and she looked over at Andrew. "Can you believe that we are about to become grandparents?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

Andrew would have taken his time but he figured Zoe was getting concerned and a bit scared. He stopped whilst he was puling on a pair of pants and really thought about becoming a grandparent. "Can i shock Kimo if he makes a comment?" He asked assuming he'd make some crack. After all Andrew gave him plenty of trouble about becoming a grandfather. "Man we're getting old, oh told Zoe not to be afraid to drop her kid off with us." he said remembering their conversation earlier.

Yawning he grabbed a shirt and waiting up for Alex to finish getting ready. "ready to meet your grandchild?" Andrew asked knowing Alex was beyond excited.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:36 pm

Alex smiled and rolled her eyes a little when Andrew asked if he could shock Kimo if he made a grandparent joke. "No, you may not." She finished getting dressed and pulled her hair up into a ponytail and grabbed her coat. "Well, this is Zoe's first child and labor can take a while, especially with a first baby so we may not actually meet him or her until tonight." Thankfully, she and Andrew had pre-packed bags to take with them to the mansion ready to go just for this reason. She picked up her bag and then paused and looked at Andrew. "I think maybe we should wait to tell James and Mariah that Zoe is in labor. I'd rather not wake them and I know they will be supportive, but I can tell they are still in pain."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:21 pm

Andrew groaned at Alex when she denied him shocking privilges. He thought of Zoe having to go through a long labor and wans't too fond of the idea. But that was nature. Collecting their bags they headed out to the car and in his rush he forgot about James and Mariah and how robbed they were.

"We'll send them a message later in the morning. After we make sure they're doing alright. I dont think they'd want to ruin this event but i want to make sure they're ok first ya know?" He said. He was worried about them both and how they were handling their loss. Mariah seemed to be working quite a bit and James, well he would vanish from time to time when Mariah was actually working.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:25 pm

OOC-Should we jump ahead to later that morning when James and Mariah get the news that Zoe is in labor?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:04 pm

OOC: That'll work, would you like to start?

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next