New X-Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slow Recovery

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Slow Recovery Empty Slow Recovery

Post by VoltKimo Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:09 pm

For the past week Andrew continued to push himself testing out how much could move under his strength. This was after the others stepped away so he could practive moving without being fussed over. But seeing as he coudln't make it to the elevator he didnt think getting back to the subway was doable. Earlier that morning Hank began to talk to Andrew trying to get to know him better. When Andrew pointed out he needed to get back home Hank broke the news the damage to the station was rather extensive. He believed his body was stable enough to present this news to him and of course Andrew didnt take this news well at all. After a few hours of calming him down Hank wheeled Andrew to the storage room where a multitude of boxes rested that contained his belongings.

Andrew sat there for a few hours going through a few things eventually standing as he looked over the jukebox. It had a few new cracks but it seemed like it worked. He thought of plugging it in but had noticed a few records were missing. He went through the rest of the boxes but coudln't find them. Thinking of what Hank had sadi about his home he feared they were destroyed. He got back into his wheelchair and decided he had to go back to the station to dig around.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Slow Recovery Empty Re: Slow Recovery

Post by Black Widow Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:59 pm

Kylie decided not to tell Logan about her encounter with Victor in the park. She had a feeling if he knew about what happened that he would not allow her to go out alone and she didn't need a chaperone. She couldn't help but wonder though about how Logan and Victor knew one another.

She had been continuing to visit Andrew and try to get to know him. He never spoke much and she began to wonder if it was even worth it to continue to try. That afternoon, however, she sighed and went to the kitchen and grabbed two sodas. She then got on the elevator and headed down to the sub-basement. As she got off the elevator she nearly ran into Andrew.

"Where are you going?"

Black Widow
Admin

https://new-x-men.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:07 pm

Andrew was so busy trying to think of how to pay for a cab he didnt really notice the elevator doors were opening. He gripped the wheels wincing in the pain in his arm as he didnt want to run over anyone. "I have to go home..there are few things missing that are important." He simply said looking up at Kylie. He was still bandaged heavily on his arm leg and face.

"I just need to go look for them..and i'll come back." he said even going so far as bargaining. He was desperate to make sure the collection remained intact. "not sure how i'll get there but i have to get my records."

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:14 pm

Kylie blinked at Andrew, unsure of what he was talking about. However, she did know that Hank told her that his old home had been destroyed and she doubted whatever he was trying to find was even in one piece.

"What missing records?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:43 pm

Andrew's shoulder slumped as he feared Kylie would try to stop him or worse tell the others. "Records..the flat disc that music is on and you put a needle on it." he explained. "My..caretaker had a collection that he was proud of and there a few missing." He said having memorized the songs on said records. "its..very important to me i dont expect anyone else to understand but i have to get them." He said looking up at Kylie

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:50 pm

Kylie rolled her eyes when Andrew started patronizing her. She didn't understand why she kept trying with him. She really should just walk away, but for some reason she couldn't. She was quiet a moment before sighing and looking at him.

"Fine, but you have to let me go with you and if it is unsafe we will turn around. Alright?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:43 am

Andrew hadn't meant to patronize Kylie he had assumed, incorrectly, that she didnt know what a record was. He was aware just how far along tech had come. When she offered to help him he wanted to turn her down but he couldn't bring himself to do that. It went beyond his current state in lack of mobility there was just something there about her that made him somewhat at ease. Was probably just because she was nice to him despite everything.

He still thought about her offer but slowly nodded, "Alright..fine deal." He said. Though he didnt care if was unsafe or not he knew there would probably be an argument later. "So how do we do this? You tell the others you're going to take me for a spin or something?"

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:08 pm

Kylie was glad when Andrew agreed to her deal. She didn't need to be doing this for him, and to be honest she wasn't entirely sure why she was. She knew she could get into trouble for taking him there, but she knew he was going to try and get there one way or another so at least this way she could be watching him.

"Yeah, that's exactly what we say," she replied as they got onto the elevator and headed up to the main floor. As they exited the elevator she looked over and saw Logan and Sabella. Logan was smiling and looked happy as he talked to Sabella. When they both looked over at Kylie and Andrew, Kylie spoke up.

"Andrew asked to get some fresh air so we're just going to head out for a bit."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:51 pm

Andrew kept his mouth shut as Kylie wheeled him onto the elevator. feelings of inadequacy building up a little as he had to rely on her. Logan was enjoying his conversation with Sabella when he spotted Kylie and Andrew in the corner of his eye.

He knew that Andrew was being taken off the pain medication to avoid any chances of addiction but didnt think he should be up and about. Then again if he was in pain he never complained to anyone. Logan looked to Kylie when she mentioned going out for a bit and his first instinct was to tell her no but she was becoming an adult and her last outting resulted in no problems. "Well..alright. just dont be too long, doubt Hank would approve it but going stir crazy doesn't help anyone." He said. Not to mention he didnt see Andrew as a threat. Half his face was still wrapped up and from what he heard was starting to swell pretty bad. Not to mention that leg and arm.

Andrew kept a straight face hiding how relieved he felt when they got the all clear. Kylie could tell Logan was in a pretty good mood since he wasn't asking many questions

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:11 pm

Kylie could only assume that Logan's good mood must be because of Sabella. She had heard her giggling and laughing last night in their room as she walked down the hall. It was nice to see Logan smile and look happy. From what little she knew about him he didn't seem to have had a nice life.

"Thanks, we won't be out too long."

Kylie walked with Andrew to the garage and picked out an SUV to take. She helped him into the car before starting the car and pulling out of the mansion grounds.

"So, how do I get to this place?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:06 pm

Andrew did his best to lighten the load for Kylie as she helped him up into the SUV. Despite his height he was rather light, evidence of malnutrition and a hard life of scrapping by. Living on his own sneaking into places to steal food became a problem as his growth spurt happened. Holding his wrapped arm he gave Kylie directions to the old subway station. He was quiet along the way save for directions his eye taking in everything he saw memorizing how difficult it would be to return under his own power.

After some time they arrived at the warehouse section of the city. Very few people actually lived there save for the homeless. Plenty of places for them to hide themselves in to protect themselves from the elements. "The car will be fine, no one tends to go where we're heading." he said giving the final directions. Rounding a corner revealed an old building acting as a hub for the subway station underground. What made Andrew's heart sink was the hole in one side of the building where the Juggernaut fell.

As Kylie placed the SUV into Park Andrew pulled his seatbelt off and pushed open his door ignoring the pain. Seeing the gaping hole spurned him on as memories of the place assailed him. Getting into the place on a wheelchair would have been difficult as the place was not obviously made for such amenities. Knowing This Andrew forged on dragging his bad leg behind him in a panic to see how badly damaged the place really was. After some doing he managed to step inside the station itself.

"it's...it's down below. Those stairs there." Andrew said knowing he wasn't going to outrun Kylie. He took a moment and leaned against the wall to catch his breath. He hadn't meant to run or ignore her but this was his home. The station itself looked old and rustic with a set of stairs leading down to the subway carts themselves. He would often run around up here to play so he wouldn't bother Mason. But seeing the damaged stairs leading down into the darkness did not fill him with hope.

He hesitated as he wasn't sure if he wanted to see what was down there at first but pressed onward with Kylie's help if she offered. Going down the stairs opened up into a larger station which at one point was glorious. The walls were faded but revealed beautiful paintings of murals. The dusty guard rials at point shined brightly. Andrew felt so much better being here until he saw the twisted rails and damaged carts. The cart in particular he had slept in was overturned and there was damage everywhere. The sadness was too much and all he could do was sit wide eyed as tears fell down his cheeks. He knew it would be damaged from what Hank and Kylie had told him but seeing it broke his heart.

He didnt have a home, everything that was left to him was either packed up in a box or broken. The pain in his limbs didnt register to him as loneliness crept again. Gone was his tough guy i dont need anyone exterior, he looked more like a lost child in that moment. The way he gripped the guard rail was more for a secure feeling that would never come

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:21 pm

From the gaping hole on the exterior of the building, Kylie knew that what they were going to find inside was going to be bad. However, before she could stop Andrew he had hopped out of the SUV and rushed into the building without the wheelchair. She jumped out after him and ran in behind him. Inside, the building didn't seem like it was going to fall down at any moment, but it still unnerved Kylie being there. However, Andrew clearly wasn't going to leave until they went downstairs to the subway itself. She wasn't sure about this, but went against her better judgement and helped him down the stairs. She hoped it wouldn't be as bad as she thought it would.

Whatever hope she had quickly vanished when as they walked down the stairs. The subway was a mess. The rails were broken and twisted and the cars that had been left there were either badly damaged or overturned. Kylie looked at Andrew and could see his tough exterior beginning to crack. She wanted to suggest they just leave, but she wanted to try and help him if she could.

"Those records you mentioned...where might they be? I can go get them for you."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:33 pm

Andrew continued to sit there stunned in his grief for a moment. When Kylie offered to look for the records it snapped him out of it. He coughed and wiped at his face, "Y-yeah..um.." It was hard for him to look at the carts so he closed his eye and went from memory. He pointed forward towards a car that had a massive dent in it. "Mason's cart, he kept all of his records in there." he said. Inside the damaged cart there were a few records that had been thrown under an old worn dresser. One of them had been damaged but the other two were intact.

Andrew began to get up but sat back down as his leg screamed at him. "i'm sorry.." he apologized realizing that he had just dragged some girl down here. "you shouldn't be here and i dont deserve your charity." he said knowing how much of a pain he had been. She could be back at the mansion relaxing living her life and instead she was down in some decrepit old station.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:57 pm

Kylie wasn't really the comforting type. She had just spent the last two years of her life locked away in a small room and being experimented on and before that she had been verbally, physically, and sexually abused by her father. Apart from Logan, she really had never been comforted by anyone (and even with Logan it wasn't overly mushy). And so Kylie didn't really know what to do to help Andrew or what to say to him in this situation. Instead, she decided to go see if she could find the records.

"Just wait here. I'll be right back."

She left him there for a few minutes while she walked down the rest of the stairs and over to the car Andrew had indicated the records would be in. She looked around the damaged car and was about the give up when she spotted something sticking out from under an old dresser. She crouched down and pulled out three records. One was damaged, but two were still intact and appeared to be in good shape. She made sure there weren't any others before exiting the car and walking back up to where Andrew was.

"Here...I found these two. Are these the ones you were looking for?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:33 pm

Andrew watched Kylie walk on to the cart and felt more horrible about how he treated her. What do you expect you've been thinking about yourself he thought thinking of the last time he had spent any meaningful time with anyone. He waited patiently for her to return and thought that perhaps the records were truly lost. He was about to call for Kylie to give up as he felt he wasted enough of her time when she re emerged. Seeing the records brought some relief even with the broken one. It hurt but he'd rather have them all in place.

"yeah..these are the ones. Thank you Kylie." He said. He ran a hand over them the music playing in his head. "we should go. The others will probably start wondering where we're at." he said pulling himself up onto his good leg. He took another look at the place and knew he'd return when his leg was better. True to his word Hank had gotten most of the manageable items out of the subway. Taking one last look at his old home Andrew bid farwell and returned his attention to moving forward.

After getting settled into the SUV Andrew became quiet reflecting on the events of the day. His fingers brushing the broken edges of the record he knew he owed Kylie. "Not sure if i asked this before but mind if i ask what your story with that guy Logan is?" He asked.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:35 am

Kylie helped Andrew back upstairs and then into the SUV. She hoped he hadn't reinjured himself because if he had that would mean admitting to Hank and Logan that she had lied and snuck him out. She didn't want to lie to them since they were taking care of her and trusted her. She didn't want to lose that trust, especially with Logan.

She started up the car and began to drive back towards the mansion but glanced over at Andrew when he asked about Logan.

"Well, I don't know a whole lot about him...no one really does...not even him. He has these healing powers, which pretty much mean almost nothing can kill him. I've seen him get shot in the head and then a minute later the bullet has been popped out and the wound is healed and he is on his feet. Professor Xavier told me that he believes Logan has been alive since the Civil War. He can also smell and hear really well too. At some point though some guys got a hold of Logan and fused this Adamantium skeleton to his bones, which is where he gets his claws from."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:20 pm

Andrew cringed a little hearing Logan's story with the part about fusing metal to his skeleton. "So guy has been around a long time then." He said turning his attention back to their trip back. He moved a hand down to his leg carefully rubbing it wanting the pain to settle down. We'll lie down and we'll be fine he thought. "So where do you come in then?" He aske.d He could tell they were close despite how isolated he had been within the mansion.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:06 pm

Kylie continued to drive and glanced at Andrew slightly. She wasn't sure how much she wanted to open up to Andrew just yet. There were things she could tell him that very few people knew about her, but she decided to just give him the basics.

"Logan found me in the Northwest as he was traveling around. I was living on the street and he took me in and I began to travel around with him."

OOC-Are we still going to have Andrew be nasty towards Kylie? I think you mentioned something about having him say something about the tattoo on her wrist. We could have that happen later on if you are still interested in doing that.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:19 pm

OOC: Actually was planning on having him bring it up pretty soon. Figured it would cause a fight perhaps

IC:

When Kylie mentioned she was living on the street it kind of broke his assumed opinion about her. He had figured she lived the good life until she discovered she was a mutant and that Logan had just befriended her or something. He didnt press the topic knowing how difficult living out on your own was, more so for a girl. Soon enough they arrived back at the mansion and with Kylie's help Andrew got back into his wheelchair. His records safe he was grateful to her for her help.

"guess you can go and tell the others we're back without incident. I'll just get myself back down into the subbasement." Andrew said looking to Kylie.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:44 pm

OOC-Ok, sounds good to me. And yes, it is going to cause Kylie to get upset. How do we want to set it up? Will it be a few days later?

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:34 pm

OOC: Yeah few days is fine. What should our next bit be? i'm gonna have Andrew start to recover at least with his leg to take care of the mobility.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:38 pm

OOC-That sounds fine to me. Then we can have the fight happen between them.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:53 pm

A week had passed and with Hank's help with a serum Andrew's leg was growing stronger. It still ahd to remain in a cast but he was growing more and more restless. He spent his free time in storage having secured a power source for the jukebox. He listened to the old records as he spent time sort through his belongings. But after a weeks time he had pretty much everything sorted and even folded up the clothes.

He had been asking Hank if he could just head out on his own but he was concerned that the young man would push himself. Which irritated Andrew beyond belief as he had spent years doing whatever he felt like. So down in the subbasement he set himself up a target and using his good arm fired off shots of electricity.

Hank was upstairs discussing ways to help Andrew pass the time in an effective constructive manner with Logan and Xavier. Logan was becoming less okay with Kylie spending time with the young man now that his body was beginning to get better. A bored teenager was the last thing he wanted around Kylie at this time.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:06 pm

Kylie was continuing to try and help Andrew. She didn't quite know why. Perhaps it was because they had both lived on the streets and so in that way they understood one another. However, as Andrew continued to get better he became more and more restless. Because Andrew's leg was still in a cast Kylie understood why Hank didn't want to let him do too much. She knew that Logan wasn't wanting her to be around Andrew anymore, even if he hadn't outright said it to her. But she didn't want to give up on Andrew. In her room she pulled out a few books that she thought he might like. They were paperbacks and clearly well loved from the amount of creasing in the spines and covers. Reading had helped her to pass away time when she was being kept in the scientific research facility and had been an escape for her. She thought that perhaps they could do the same for Andrew.

She walked downstairs and past Professor Xavier's study where she heard the Professor, Hank, and Logan discussing Andrew...and herself. She paused for a moment to listen, but then walked on. She boarded the elevator and rode it down to the sub-basement. She walked down to the room where he had set himself up and knocked on the half open door to get his attention.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:55 pm

Andrew's arm crackled with electricty as he fired another shot at the burnt target. The jukebox was still playing but he heard the knock still. He was still standing in an attempt for him to get used to walking on the leg for an extended period of time. He figured the sooner he was able to walk the sooner he could leave. Where he would end up he wasn't sure..

"It's open." he said relaxing his hand. The room had a faint smell of ozone as he had been practicing with his mutation. He opened his hand up building up more electricity in his palm as he eyed the target.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next