New X-Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mutant Experimentation

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mutant Experimentation - Page 2 Empty Re: Mutant Experimentation

Post by Black Widow Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:04 pm

Kylie was somewhat comforted by Logan's continued presence, but she still wasn't sure who to trust yet. She looked at Professor Xavier and something about him just put her more at ease. He had a soothing voice and kind eyes. She nodded a little at what he said, but clearly didn't feel like talking very much.

Upstairs, Sabella was finishing up preparing Kylie's room. It had been she who had been on the phone with Logan earlier and based on what he had told her she had gone out and gotten Kylie some clothes and other things a girl might need. She knew how important Kylie was to Logan and wanted to ensure she was comfortable and felt she was in a place where she was safe.

Black Widow
Admin

https://new-x-men.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:48 pm

Xavier did not take offense to Kylie's silence and instead turn in his chair and led them inside. The mansion was spacious and warm far from the confines of her cell. It was still quiet given the hour of the day but there were signs of life here and there. Xavier looked to Kylie as he wheeled himself along providing her with an introduction to what the school stood for. "We have several students, most of them far younger than yourself obtaining an education and better understanding of their abilities." He advised.

"I would give you the full tour but i feel a good bit of rest is in order." Xavier said sensing some tension from Logan. "After all you've driven quite the distance. When you become hungry the kitchen is down that way i'm sure Logan would be wiling to fetch you anything you need." He said. Logan looked to Xavier when he mentioned food.

"you got the fridge stocked?" He asked.

"We thought it would be best to be proactive, especially with our new guests." Xavier said referring to Kylie and their other guest in the subbasement. "i'm sure you know which room will be Kylies?" He asked having picked one nearby Logan's. He figured he would be fretting over her for some time.

Logan gave a nod and looked to Kylie, "lets get you settled pup." He said sticking close to her leading upstairs to where Sabella waited.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:59 pm

Kylie slowly followed Professor Xavier and Logan inside. She listened to Professor X as he spoke, but her eyes gazed around the large, building as they made their way inside. Despite the size, there was a coziness to it. It was certainly a far cry from the building she had just come from. She still couldn't believe that she was free and wouldn't be locked up here and studied.

Kylie felt both hungry and tired, but the thought of sleeping in a bed instead of the truck won out. She also was no longer used to the idea of being able to just go into a kitchen and get anything she wanted. It was slightly overwhelming. She glanced at Professor Xavier slightly when he suggested that she wasn't the only newcomer to the school. She was curious, but decided not to ask him since she didn't know him very well. Instead, she followed Logan upstairs towards the wing where her bedroom was located.

"Who is this other new student?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:11 pm

Logan looked to Kylie as they made their way up the steps. He thought back to a few weeks ago when the Juggernaut was causing some issues. Storm had blasted him with a gust of wind sending him through a building. It was in the old section of the city where there werent too many people about. Unfortunately their fight ended up in the tunnels down below to where a squatter lived in an old abandoned subway station. Of course this squatter was upset and turned out to be a mutant who lashed out at the Juggernaut and nearly got himself killed for the trouble. Thankfully Storm Logan and the others were still in pursuit in time to see the young man thrown through a subway car.

Unable to ascertain his identity Storm made a call to bring him to the mansion and nurse him back to health. Hank was surprised that the man was still alive given the number of fractures and poor physical health. Sabella wasn't around at the time so they relied on old fashioned medicine to keep him stable. With her aid they were able to fix most of the injuries but with the head trauma they felt it best to keep him under. "Not sure if he'll become a student to be honest. there was a fight that tumbled into his home and he got in the way unfortunately." Logan said.

"They have him wrapped up pretty good in the subbasement. They have a medical facility for injuries for the adults like me." he said making it clear it was of benefit. He didnt want to hide anything from Kylie considering he just busted her out of a experimental hellhole. "we're thinking he's an orphan that grew up out there, felt it best to bring him back here to rest." Logan said.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:42 pm

OOC-I'm actually thinking in this game that Sabella isn't going to have the healing powers. I want to give her powers that she can actually use in fighting. I'm playing around with the idea of giving her powers like Jasmine and Professor Xavier, though not to Jasmine's extent. What do you think or do you have any other suggestions for powers for her?

IC-Kylie listened to Logan as he told her about the boy they had found living in an abandoned subway station. It sounded like he had been badly injured and she hoped he would be alright. It was starting to sound like this place was not only a school for those with mutant abilities, but also a refuge. She was starting to like this place more and more, but told herself not to get her hopes up. She had always wanted a real home...a place where she felt she truly belonged, but had yet to actually find that place. Up until this point the closest thing she had found was Logan's truck. She didn't want to be disappointed if this place didn't work out for her. She figured she would rather quickly screw something up and be asked to leave.

As they walked down a hallway a woman stepped out of one of the rooms and smiled at herself and Logan. She was quite possibly one of the most beautiful women she had ever seen. Her long, dark brown hair was thick but soft looking and shone under the overhead lights. Her eyes were violet and had a quality that pulled you in. There was a kindness to her face, but undeniable strength behind her eyes. Kylie knew in that moment that this had been the woman he had been talking to before.

Sabella smiled at Logan and then looked at Kylie. "You must be Kylie Winters. I am Sabella Hunter. Logan has told me a lot about you. You must be exhausted. I took the liberty of buying you some clothes based on the size estimates Logan gave me. They are in the dresser and there are fresh sheets on the bed."

Kylie slowly walked into what was to be her bedroom and looked around. It was at least triple the size of the cell she had been in before with a large bay window looking out over the garden.

"This entire room is mine?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:18 pm

OOC: Oh gotcha! i didnt want to assume you did something different with Sabella. Makes things a bit interesting at least, wont have a heal all. So telekenisis/empathic kind of thing with Sabella? And are Sabella and Logan a thing at this point or just kind of getting started?

IC:

Logan kept his smile in check seeing Sabella still putting up the quiet strong face he wore around the others. He was grateful for how Sabella helped put together a room for Kylie and some clothes and personal items. He stood at the doorway and watched Kylie look about the room. Nice big window showing the garden, after breaking her out he was glad she got a great view. "It's all yours Kylie, as long as you want to stay here." he said not wanting to chain her down. Before all of this it was just the two of them in the truck traveling around.

Staying at the mansion had a sense of permanence after all. "Its not all fun and games there are kids that run about i should warn you." Logan said.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:11 pm

OOC-I haven’t decided about Logan and Sabella. What do you think?

IC-Kylie was clearly overwhelmed and Sabella just stood back and let her take it all in. She noticed the tattoo on her inner right wrist and also the scars and bruises on her arms. Her heart broke for the young woman.

“There is a bathroom at the end of the hallway with a shower if you would like to use it. There are fresh towels there to use. I will let you get some rest and we will talk more later.”

She then stepped out of the room to let Logan speak more to Kylie if he wished.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:45 pm

OOC: i'm thinking that they are in the beginning of a relationship? maybe testing the waters a bit going out for drinks. Kylie could help Logan out even. I thought of something, not looking forward to Andrew asking about that tattoo

IC:

Logan stepped inside smiling and giving a nod to Sabella completely grateful for her assistance. "Taking it in okay?" He asked walking to her side. "I know its a change but like i said if you want to leave we'll figure something out." Logan said at the very least wanting to offer her that. Though he had hoped she would become attached to the place and make it easy on him.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:55 pm

OOC-That sounds good to me. What did you think of about the tattoo?

IC-Kylie sat down on the edge of the bed and was surprised when it didn't sink straight down. It was full and soft, without being overly so. The room was bright and comfortable. She looked down at the tattoo on her wrist and ran her fingers over it slightly. "Compared to where I was this place is probably the closest to Heaven that I will ever get." A few tears suddenly came to her eyes. "I don't deserve to be here."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:07 pm

OOC: He's going to bring it up in a very blunt manner and completely misunderstand its significance. Am anticipating the future fight

IC:

Logan looked to Kylie and saw the tears spring up. He walked over and kneeled in front of her. "You deserve to be here and more Kylie. We ahve a lot of time to make up and that starts today pup." He said brushing a tear away.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:11 pm

Kylie looked at Logan slightly and then looked down. "You don't understand Logan. They made me do things...they made me hurt people...even kill people. I didn't want to but I had no choice."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:23 pm

Logan knew he had kept some things from Kylie about his own past espeically when it came to violence but hearing her admit all that she ahd done he felt his heart break a little. "I know pup, one day you'll be able to forgive yourself. You have to believe me when i say i understand and that it wasn't your fault. I wont think less of you Kylie."

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:27 pm

Kylie knew that Logan wasn't necessarily comfortable with displays of affection (and to be honest she wasn't either) but she couldn't help herself and she wrapped her arms around Logan and hugged him."Thank you Logan. I don't know what I would do without you. To be honest I don't think I would be alive."

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:13 pm

Logan wrapped his arms around Kylie thinking that this was one of those times when they had to step out of their shells. He thought of how he got her away from her father but she also was captured by being around him. He rubbed her back and leaned back, "Im glad to have you back Kylie." he said looking her in the eyes. He broke contact and looked about the room, "Think you'll be able to adjust?" He asked now that they were alone

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:21 pm

Kylie knew she was lucky to have Logan in her life and she would never blame him for what happened. It hadn't been his fault. She continued, though, to carry anger towards Dr. Howe and fear that he would find her again. He had become obsessed with her and she doubted he would let her escape go that easily. However, she gave Logan a little smile, her outer shell going back up.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. Go be with your girl," she said with a little smirk.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:32 pm

Logan relaxed a bit as Kylie semed to be ok. Well ok enough to make jokes at least. "yeah you'll be fine." he said pushing her a little. He stood up and figured he'd give her some space to adjust. "Like Chuck said you got free reign over the place, gonna go check the fridge see if thers anything worthwhile before hte kids get to it. you need anything?" Logan asked knowing he didnt respond to her quip about Sabella

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:35 pm

Kylie shook her head and looked at him. "No. I think I'm just going to try and sleep for a little while. Then I might look around a little."

Sabella had headed back downstairs while Logan spoke to Kylie. She, Hank, and Professor Xavier were in the kitchen whenever he walked in.

"How is she doing?" she asked looking over at him.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:04 pm

Logan left Kylie to get some rest closing the door behind him. He headed down to the kitchen to get himself something to drink only to find the others waiting. He figured they'd want to talk about Kylie so he wasn't too surprised. "I think she's going to stick around. THings are a bit overwhelming for her right now but i think she'll make it." Logan said.

Xavier was glad to hear this but knew they had to be remain respectful of her space. "She will have plenty of time to adjust to her surroundings. As we discussed prior if she is willing to talk about her experiences we are all more than happy to listen." He said. Hank gave a nod agreeing with that sentiment.

"yeah im sure she wont be in the mood to talk about that place for a while. One day maybe." Logan said crossing his arms. He looked to Hank, "how bout that other kid? he still alive?" He asked. Hank gave a nod,

"The number of injuries are staggering but he's still stable. Im afraid he'll be in the med wing for some time. But with our newer guest i doubt she'll be up for an examination anytime soon." Hank said.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:09 pm

Sabella was curious about Kylie since she meant so much to Logan, but didn't want to push him for information about her. She knew that there was a special bond between them and she had never seen Logan talk about anyone the way he did her. Logan's life had been so full of terrible things that she wanted him to have this good spot in it. She cared about him and therefore she cared about Kylie as well.

"We won't push her Logan. I'm just glad she's here and safe. What happened with Dr. Howe? Did you kill him?"

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:46 pm

Logan shook his head when Sabella asked about Howe, he couldn't devote time to look for the man when the alarms started to sound. "Couldn't get Kylie out and look for the guy at the same time." He said. "Id want to go back out and see if i cant track him down..but with Kylie i want to make sure he's comfortable and at ease before i leave." Logan said.

Xavier had afeeling that Kylie would desire the same thing but was glad Logan wasn't about to leave. "I believe she'll rely upon you for some time." He said looking to Logan.

"Yeah, i'll admit the pups grown on me." he said.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:03 pm

Kylie slept for most of the day. It was the same kind of fitful, unrestful sleep she had been experiencing since leaving the facility. She awoke with a start from a nightmare involving Dr. Howe and just sat there for a while, trying to calm herself. It's just a dream. You're safe here.

She finally decided to get up and stretch her legs a bit. She changed into some of the clothes Sabella had gotten for her and cautiously opened her door and stepped out into the hallway. In the room across the hall she could hear Logan and Sabella talking. From the way they were talking she could only assume it was about her. She slowly walked down the hallway and then down the stairs to the main floor. There was a large, comfortable living room as well as other small rooms that appeared to be used as classrooms. She eventually discovered the kitchen where she made herself a sandwich and found something to drink. She was walking out of the kitchen and was about to head outside when something caught her eye. An elevator. She hesitated a moment before slowly walking over and hitting the down button. The doors opened and she stepped inside. The doors then closed and the elevator gently traveled down before stopping. The doors opened and Kylie stepped out into a large, sterile looking hallway. There were no windows and the feeling down here was different than upstairs. In her head, Kylie had flashes of memories of the scientific facility were she had been subjected to torture and experimentation. For a moment she thought of fleeing back upstairs, but she pushed herself to go further. She slowly walked down the hallway, unsure of what she might uncover.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:18 pm

In her exploration of the subbasement there were several doors along the hallway. Most of which were closed that lead to storage rooms, equipment, a set of heavy doors that lead to the Danger Room and was marked as such. At one end of the hallway was the door with a large X protruding from it that lead to Cerebro. There was a set of doors that were open that led to the med wing where Hank had left prior only to head to his lab to continue his work.

From the open door she could hear the unmistakable sound of a heart monitor and oxygen tank pumping air. If she were to glance in she would find several beds all neatly made and at the far end a bed that was occupied. Lieing very still was a young man wrapped in bandages. His left leg and arm were completely wrapped up and other bandages covered various parts ofh is body. His head had a few wrappings covering his forehead and left eye. An oxygen mask was placed over his mouth as he slept soundly. His right hand seemed to be wrapped up as well with an iv drip secured.

Despite the bandages he looked about the same age although on the skinnier side. Looking to the bare spots on his right arm there was some muscle definition but wans't much to write home about. Despite the darker complexion of his skin there were obvious scars along his body, with one prominent one along the side of his head underneath the dark brown hair.

He seemed to be sleeping soundly although internally he was suffering from a nightmare he couldn't wake up from. a tear rolled out the corner of his eye as his heart monitor picked up. his hand twitched but he remained asleep...

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:26 pm

Kylie slowly walked along the hallway. She wasn't sure if she was supposed to be down here and hoped she wasn't going to get caught and then thrown out of the mansion. That was the last thing she wanted after Logan had saved her and brought her here. However, for some reason she felt compelled to keep walking. She glanced in a few of the rooms, but she continued to feel that pull.

Glancing in one of the rooms towards the end of the hallway she discovered it to be a medical room. There were several neatly made beds and various medical equipment around the room. However, one of the beds at the far end of the room was occupied. Looking down the hallway to be sure no one was coming and finding it clear, she stepped into the room and let the door close behind her. As she moved closer she could see that it was a young man who appeared to be around her age. He was hooked up to a heart monitor and oxygen tank and his left arm and leg were bandaged, as well as other parts of his body and part of his head.

As she moved closer to him she could tell he was dreaming and that he was in distress. When she saw the tear roll down from the corner of his eye she slowly reached out and gently touched his hand.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:47 pm

Andrew found himself alone in the dark tunnels of the subway chasing after the shadow of Mason pleading him to wait up. He would run as fast as he could but eventually his legs would grow heavy and he would be left behind. Fearing being alone he broke down asking him to come back, for anyone to be there. He didnt want to be alone anymore...

When Kylie touched his hand there was a little zap and he blinked. His unbandaged eye very slowly opened taking in his surroundings. Course it was difficult with the painkillers and the lights everything had a celestial glow to it. His vision focused and all he could see was Kylie for a brief moment. He took a breath watching her eye before his vision began to blur and he slipped back into a sleep. His heart monitor had picked up sending a signal to Hank.

Not wanting to stray too far from his patient he had been working in a nearby lab. Getting up he walked out into the hallway the sounds of his feet echoiing a little.

VoltKimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Widow Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:00 pm

OOC-I don’t know if you saw or not but I started a new thread on the other board.

Black Widow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next