The Truce--A Flashback

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: The Truce--A Flashback

Post by VoltKimo on Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:16 pm

The evening for Andrew turned out to be rather fun. Was the first time he laughed in a good way for some time. He found it hard to remember their last fight as the evening went on. Eventually fatigue began to set in and Andrew had gotten up knowing it was probably time to turn in. He cut out the power to main lights leaving the back ups on. The station's lights went on and only the interior lights of the cars remained on but at a very dim glow. Andrew pushed the doors closed as normal.

"If it's still too bright in here the switch over there just turns it all off. Dont get much natural light down here." He said. He loked to the door, "and i keep the doors closed, bit paranoid keeping it open to the rest of the station." He said. He'd pop into the back where his 'room' was normally but he hesitated.

"can i get you anything before i go?" Andrew asked

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:37 pm

OOC-Are you thinking they should sleep together at this point?

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://new-x-men.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:06 pm

OOC: I'm not sure they're at that point, i think Andrew would keep coming up with reasons to keep her around until he offers her a partnership. Make a friendship and something develops soon after that sort of thing is what i was thinking. What do you think?

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:14 pm

OOC-That sounds good to me. Did you want to play out them sneaking into the warehouse or skip over it?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:44 pm

OOC: Hmm..well can we can skip over it. I figure the only eventful thing is maybe they nearly get caught and either Kylie saves Andrew or vice versa. Either way Andrew gets a cut and she helps patch him. They start entertaining the thought of a partnership sort of thing from the successful haul

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:02 pm

OOC-We can play out what happens at the warehouse if you would like. It doesn't matter to me one way or another.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:38 pm

The night went smoothly, the sounds of the subway providing a background noise of sorts. The cars were insulated as best as they could be and for anyone living on the streets it was a rather nice place. The next morning Andrew made breakfast, another can of food, and did his best to be a good host. THe good vibes were still there between the pair and a bit of respect grew.

Whether Kylie stuck with Andrew the entire day, which he was amicable too, the evening came quickly. Before going to the warehouse Andrew had to make a stop at convenience store on the way. Using what little money he had he bought a pack of hot dogs. Looking to Kylie he explained that it was for Chad. He led her to the location in question and went down a dark alley with a few street lights. At the far end there was a fence with barb wire at the top. Andrew placed his bag down and pulled out a heavy blanket that had a few tears in it. Looked as if he had scaled this fence a few times.

"Sneak in and out, pretty simple stuff. I'm going to go ahead and bring Chad back so he doesn't freak when he sees you ok?" Andrew said looking to her tossing the blanket up over the barbed wire. He handed her the hot dogs to keep, "once we get him used to you'll just pop on over and we'll head in. Any questions?

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:43 pm

Kylie was able to settle in and fall asleep pretty easily. It was comfortable and the sound of the subway provided a little background noise. The following morning Kylie awoke to Andrew preparing breakfast. There was a good feeling still between them and Kylie felt relaxed. They spent the day talking and swapping stories before evening came. Kylie got dressed in her clothes, which had dried by then, and followed Andrew out and to the surface. When Andrew told her that they needed to stop at a convenience store on the way to the warehouse she gave him a funny look, but said nothing. When he came back out with hotdogs and explained to her that they were for 'Chad' she grew more curious, but continued to follow Andrew's lead. They headed down a dark alley and at the far end there was a fence with barb wire at the top. Kylie was about to ask Andrew how they were going to get over it when he suddenly pulled out a well worn blanket and she figured it out. However, she was starting to grow more nervous about 'Chad'.

"I'm assuming Chad is a big dog..." Kylie said with a little fear in her voice. She had not had good encounters with dogs thus far in her life.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:36 pm

Andrew looked up at the blanket making sure it would hold. Hel ooked to Kylie when he heard that fear in her voice when she brought up Chad being a big dog. He gave a nod, "You ok?" He asked wondering if she was afraid of dogs. He wasn't fond of most guard dogs but this one was friendly enough after a few meals. Andrew began to climb up the chain and very carefully pulled himself over the blanket. He felt a pinch here and there but his clothes weren't caught.

Climbing back down the other side, "I'll bring him over here and you can feed him. It'll be fine." Andrew said. "After all we're getting along, getting Chad to like you should be a breeze in comparison." He said with a smirk

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:41 pm

OOC-Is she supposed to follow him over the fence?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:24 pm

OOC: Either way works to be honest, i figured Kylie would stay behind the fence if she's afraid of a dog

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:34 pm

Kylie was still very nervous, but trusted Andrew. She decided that, for now at least, she would stay on the other side of the fence. She was nervous, but she tried to mask it. "Of course I'm ok. But I should probably stay over here for now."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:34 pm

Andrew headed further into the compound and rounded a corner out of sight leaving Kylie alone in the dark. The skies above remained a bit cloudy covering the moon and after a few agonizing moments Kylie could hear footsteps approach. Just around the corner walked Andrew as relaxed as can be and at his heels was a massive doberman. Its tongue hanging out as he walked alongside Andrew until he spotted Kylie.

Its ears focused on her and he growled softly, "hey hey, she's a friend." Andrew said patting his thigh beckoning the dog over. He led Chad over to the fence wehre Kylie waited. "Sorry about the wait thought i had heard something. So this is Chad, dont let him spook you he is actually pretty nice." Andrew said scratching at the dogs neck. "just feed him the pack he'll get used to ya and we'll move on to the next bit." He said making sure to keep a hand next to Chads mouth to make sure he woudln't bite. The dog sniffed at Kylie but wasn't barking

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:49 pm

Kylie anxiously watched Andrew walk away and was left alone in the dark alleyway. She was on guard as she felt trapped. Her ears listened for any noise and she was relieved when she heard Andrew coming back. However, that relief was short lived when she saw the huge Doberman at his heels. She instinctively took a step backwards, even though there was a fence separating them. She gripped the hotdog package tightly when the dog began to growl at her, but Andrew was able to settle him pretty quickly. Kylie still wasn't sure about the dog, but trusted Andrew. She nervously took a few small steps towards the fence and tried to appear more confident, but her heart was pounding. She managed to get the package open and pulled out one of the hotdogs. She held it just enough at the end so her fingers would not be anywhere near the dog's teeth. She cautiously put one end of the hotdog through the fence and waited to see what would happen.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:11 pm

Andrew kept close to Chad rubbing his neck as Kylie fed him. His growls quieted down as the smell of food hit its nostrils. It wolfed down the treat its tail wagging. "might as well give him the rest." He said looking back the way he came. Once Kylie fed him completely Andrew patted his neck and looked up at hte fence. "Just climb over slowly, i'll be here to make sure Chad likes you well enough." He said carefully pulling Chad away giving Kylie some room.

He could tell she was nervous around the big dog and wanted to make sure she would be comfortable. "think you can make it over the wire?"

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:43 pm

Kylie trusted Andrew, she had to. She continued to feed the large Doberman the hotdogs until they were all gone. Thankfully, the dog had stopped growling and appeared to be wagging it's tail. That was a good sign, right? Well, she had no other option that this point than to take it as one. She had promised Andrew she would help him and she intended to keep her word. She waited until Andrew pulled Chad back before she began to climb the chain link fence. She used the blanket to get over the barbed wire at the top, just as Andrew had a few minutes before. A moment later she dropped down to the ground in front of Andrew. The dog was still there, but was showing no signs of aggression so she relaxed slightly.

"Ok, so now what?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:19 pm

Andrew gave advise as she climbed up over the wires and kept a hand on Chad. He watched the dog lick its chops and looked to Kylie his tail still wagging. Walking him over the dog sniffed at Kylie but seemed to tolerate her. "Some guard dog huh." Andrew smirked patting his side. "Theres a door i cant get us past but i need you to keep it open." He said. He lead them around the corner where the overly secure door awaited into the building.

"It's a pretty heavy door and it locks as soon as it closes. I can get myself in but i can't pick the lock out. Last time i tried this i got locked in and found a crate to hide out in until i could slip out." Andrew said walking to the door. "Chad will stick out here, i wont be gone long. Just going to grab a few cans, enough so they wont notice." He said hefting the bag onto his shoulder. He went ot work immediately popping the lock and slowly opened the door. He looked to Kylie, "just wait here with him, make sure this door doesn't close. That ok?" Andrew asked looking to Kylie

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:27 pm

Kylie stood nervously as Chad sniffed at her. She was afraid that once he realized she didn't have anymore hotdogs he would attack her. However, he just continued to wag his tail. She slowly began to relax, but didn't feel comfortable enough yet to reach out and pet him. She followed Andrew as he led them around a corner and to a large and heavy looking door. She listened to what Andrew said and nodded. It seemed simple enough.

"Yeah, I think I can handle keeping a door open," she replied to Andrew with a teasing smirk.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:20 pm

Andrew rolled his eyes but smiled when Kylie pointed out she could watch a door. He turned and walked into the facility thinking of things to pick up. The building was just a storage facility for canned goods and other items to be redistributed. Andrew had kept a close eye on the place knowing earlier that day a semi had dropped off a shipment.

He walked down the aisles just grabbing up random cans when he came across an open door into a lit office. Things were quiet on Kylie's end for quite a while after Andrew ventured out. Somewhere inside the building however she heard yelling and the sounds of footsteps grew louder. "move move!" Andrew hollered. He had stumbled across an employee doing some late work and before he could slip away he drew attention to himself. Andrew had pulled as many cans into the bag as he could no longer caring about stealth as he sprinted back to the door alerting Kylie that he was made.

"Back to the fence!" Andrew said coming into view. With closing the door he figured they would have enough time to get up over the fence and get away. He huffed lifting up the now heavy bag of food as he rushed outside wanting to make sure Kylie got up the fence first.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:37 pm

After Andrew disappeared inside the building, Kylie held the door open and waited for him to return. It was strange for her to think that only a few days ago she and Andrew had been at each other's throats, but now they were working together. It felt nice to be able to trust someone. In a way it made her feel less alone in this harsh world. It was difficult enough for them living on the streets, but what made it even worse was being a mutant as well. They understood each other in a way no one else ever could.

Suddenly, she heard footsteps running back towards the door. It was Andrew. She heard him yell out and knew then that he had been caught. A few days ago she would have left him to fend for himself and bolted, but today she stayed right where she was, keeping the door open so he could get out. Finally, he came into view and once he had cleared the door she let it close behind him. They both began to run towards the fence. She went up and over first. She got to the backside of the fence and then she leaned over to grab the bag from Andrew so he could more easily scale the fence.

"Give me the bag!"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:47 am

OOC: sorry for the absence, lots of things happening! planning a trip, medical stuff, work. Yeah summer!

IC:

Andrew looked back hearing the guard quickly approaching. The sound of the door swinging open could be heard and Andrew looked up at Kylie expecting her to have just taken off. When she asked for the bag he hesitated for a second. It was a lot of food and like her just days ago he would have just laughed off this situation and kept hte food. But now he felt like he could trust her not to run off and leave him behind.

Andrew swung the bag up for Kylie to catch it. After doing so he saw the guard round the corner and Andrew leapt up onto hte fence scaling it as quick as he could. With Kylie going over quickly the blanket needed to be adjusted but there wasnt much time. If Kylie were to climb down Andrew would make it to the top in time for hte guard to reach him. The guard himself had a bit of a gut to him but he was tall enough to jump up and grab Andrew's leg pulling him down a bit.

Andrew felt some panic in him and his grip slipped and he felt a sharp pinch on his stomach as he was pulled down a little. His fingers held true however and he was able to keep himself held up onto the fence. Down below Chad was barking confused if he should help. Andrew thought of just electrifying the fence but Kylie was still on it. "you're not getting away you brat." The guard grunted trying to pull Andrew free.

Andrew gritted his teeth and tried to lift himself up and but felt that sharp pinch again. He figured he was cutting himself up on the wires but he needed to get away. He looked at Kylie and held hish and out, "Help me out here." he called out asking her for help.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:59 am

OOC-That's alright. I completely understand. Going anywhere fun on your trip?

IC-Kylie looked over and saw a guard rushing towards the fence. She knew they were cutting it close. She wasn't going to leave Andrew behind though, not after all he had done for her. She caught the bag of food and dropped it down over the other side. She was about to jump down, but panicked when she saw the guard grab hold of Andrew's leg. Andrew was at the top of the fence and the blanket wasn't completely covering the barbed wire anymore. She waited a second to see if the guard would let Andrew go, but when he didn't she began to build up an energy ball in her hand. She aimed quickly, but accurately, and struck the guard. It was a weaker energy ball, but it still knocked him off of Andrew and down onto the ground. He was left dazed, but conscious and she grabbed Andrew's hand and pulled him carefully up and over. They both quickly jumped down and Kylie grabbed the bag of food and they took off down the alleyway.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:43 pm

Andrew landed fairly hard but scrambled to his feet as the guard was knocked back. He laughed as they made their getaway running through the alleys. Hearing sirens nearby they did their best to evade the cars until they found a way down into the subway tunnels. Upon seeing the stairs Andrew felt relief even as a cop car rolled into view.

"just keep running, we'll lose them down below." Andrew said moving Kylie along even as the officers shouted at them to stop. Down below Andrew took the lead offering to take up the food if it grew too heavy for Kylie. Again he led her throughout the tunnels taking unnecessary turns here and there. This time not to confuse her but to make sure they weren't being followed. After fifteen minutes of stumbling through the dark Andrew began to lead Kylie straight to homebase.

"Think we're good now. Its just a bit further you ok?" he asked unaware that he was cut and bleeding a little. The adrenaline he was getting was keeping his pain down as they made their way to the dimly lite station

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:51 pm

The moment Andrew's feet landed on the other side of the fence they both took off like a shot. Kylie carried the bag of food, being sure not to drop any cans. They couldn't lose any, not after what it had taken to get it in the first place. Suddenly they heard police sirens and they began to run even faster. Kylie had no choice but to follow Andrew through the maze of tunnels as they hoped they weren't being followed. She was exhausted and the bag of food was heavy, but they kept going. Finally, they knew they were safe and they slowed down to a walk. Kylie's arms were cramped from holding the bag of cans, but she became more worried about Andrew when she saw he was cut and bleeding.

"You're hurt," she said with genuine concern in her voice.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:39 pm

Andrew took a moment to catc his breath and realized that he had Kylie carrying the food the whole time. "Do you need me to take that? "He asked. He looked to himself as she mentioned that he was bleeding. He looked down at himself and could see his shirt was torn in a few places and was wet. He lifted his shirt a little bit and he could see he had several cuts, one in particular looked a bit nasty. "Guess i caught myself when that guard grabbed my leg." He said.

"I have some bandages. I'll be ok." He said noticing she sounded concerned. He'd just wrap himself up best he could. "might have some to find some disenfectant." He said trying to think of places with decently stocked medicine. "You good to keep moving?" He asked holding his hand out for the bag if she wanted a break.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum