Some Retirement

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Some Retirement

Post by Admin on Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:44 pm

Kylie smiled a little at Jayden when he admitted that he had no idea what he was doing.

"No one does with their first kid. Let me tell you something Jayden, if there is someone out in this world who was less prepared than I was when I had Kai I have yet to find them. I didn't have anything close to a normal upbringing, even for being a mutant. My mother abandoned me with my highly abusive father. When I finally got away from him I lived on the streets. I only knew how to take care of myself, but I learned. You're going to make mistakes and everything in your life is going to seem chaotic, but as Kimo said when you see and hold your child none of that is going to matter. I think you are more prepared than you think. Look at everything you've done for your sister. You have a good heart Jayden. You are going to be a wonderful father."

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://new-x-men.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:43 am

Jayden thought ofh is sister and that was still a bit of a touchy subject. There was a bit of him that hoped he would be able to let go of his child eventually. Sure at first being overprotective was probably a good thing but with is own parents he desperately wanted free of their watchful eye fairly soon. Most of the time they were right to keep an eye on him he had to admit thinking of his early day pranks.

"Yeah i suppose. For now i just have to keep on Zoe's good side." Jayden said having heard stories from Kamea and Kai about how Sorina and Gwen's moods would change. Kimo kept his opinion to himself knowing better to comment on that.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:47 am

OOC-Do we want to jump ahead a little here?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:24 pm

OOC: Yup jumping ahead!

IC:

With daylight coming to an end the gorup arrived in Tokyo. Not that the lights of the city gave that away. Keeping Kimo with the group was a difficult task as there were plenty of sights to see. Being reminded that Andrew was behind held hostage he focused on teh task at hand and kept up with the group.

Stepping aside from the others as they spoke with Kimo Logan was intercepted by a messenger who advised their friend was behind held nearby. Kenuichio was made aware that Logan didnt come alone but felt the others would leave if they released their captive. After realizing the mix up Kenuichio had Andrew's leg tended too and his accommodations were improved. Heading back to the others Logan had their next set of instructions.

Noticing that his father was missing Jayden made it obvious to the others. After a few moments they watched Logan walk back. "They're holding Andrew nearby, one of the medical facilities near the water. Kind of a trade situation, i'll go in and you can grab Andrew." Logan said leaving out the part that he wasn't going to be able to leave without a fight.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:05 pm

Kylie did her best to relax, but was worried about Andrew and she knew that Alex was too. She eventually moved over to sit next to her and held her hand for support. The two women had always been friends and supported one another. Kylie was glad that Andrew had found Alex. She had been exactly what he needed and she had grown to think of Alex as a sister.

Finally, they reached Tokyo and stepped off the train. Kylie knew she was going to need to keep a close eye on Kimo as he was easily distracted here. Thankfully, he quickly remembered why they were there and snapped out of his daze. As they were talking Kylie slowly became aware that Logan was not with them. Kylie began to look around and soon spotted him walking back towards them. When he informed them of the plan Kylie looked at him.

"So we go in and grab Andrew...and what about you? I'm not leaving here without you Logan. That is not an option."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:50 am

"I have not intention on staying, i just have the best chance of getting myself out." Logan said. "I may be getting older but i can still get things done." He said looking to Kylie. Jayden crossed his arms knowing his dad would slow down one day but he wasnt about to start an argument in front of the others. "Its our best chance of getting Andrew out in one piece, unless you can think of a way to just infiltrate the place and sneak him out." Logan offered.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:56 am

Kylie sighed, not liking the plan, but knowing that it was really their only option.

"Without knowing how the interior of the building is set up, or even where Andrew is being held I think we would get caught quickly if we tried to infiltrate the building. Unfortunately, I think the "smash and grab" plan is our best option. Just be careful Logan. This guy obviously has some issues towards you and I don't think Sabella would be happy if we returned with you not in the best of shape."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:54 pm

Logan thought of Sabella and that issue at home. Again Jayden kept his mouth shut knoiwng there were problems between his parents. "I've beaten him once already. Besides time coudln't have been kind to him in either case." he said. Having concluded that conversation the group began to make their way to the location where Andrew was being held. Down a rolling hill rested an inconspicuous building on the harbor.

Kimo having been paying attention to their location noticed how close to the water they were. "Would be a good way to escape, once we grab Andrew we can just get on a boat and take off." He offered.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:05 pm

Kylie knew that there were issues between Logan and Sabella. She just hoped that they would work things out whenever the group got back. Like Jayden, she kept her mouth shut about it. She knew that if she brought it up that it would only upset Logan and she didn't want that. She followed him with the rest of the group down a hill towards a building on the harbor. When Kimo suggested that they might be able to escape by water she nodded and looked at him.

"That's a good idea. Why don't you see if you can secure a boat and wait for us."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:13 pm

Kimo looked to Kylie when she asked if he could secure a boat and wait for him. "While you run off and be a hero huh?" He asked raising an eyebrow. But he knew an exit was just as valuable and he wanted to avoid an argument. "Alright, i'll try and secure an exit." He offered placing his hands in his pockets. He began to walk on keeping an eye out for an unattended vehicle he could 'borrow'. If anything else i can just move it along myself he thought.

Logan and the others continued on their way towards the building where they were intercepted by armed guards recognizing Logan immediately. Speaking with him directly they opened the gates allowing him entry. "Any of you speak English by chance?" Logan asked. When the guards looked to him with a blank stare he looked to the others. "once we get an idea on where Andrew is we'll move forward with the plan." Logan said walking with the guards into the building

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:39 pm

Kylie raised her eyebrow slightly at Kimo's comment. She could sense that her husband wanted to argue over her suggestion, but she thought it made the most sense. His ability was water based and he knew more about boats than she did. She was glad when he finally relented and agreed to do it. She knew that now was not the time or the place for an argument. She watched him go and hoped he would be safe.

She and the others followed Logan towards the building. As they got closer to the entrance they were immediately intercepted by guards who appeared to recognize Logan immediately. Alex remained as relaxed as she could. She had done a little field work before, but this involved her husband's safety and she didn't want to take any risks that might get him, or the rest of them killed.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:26 pm

Kimo hadn't meant to come off as aggressive as he had. he just wasn't fond of having Kylie be in danger. Separating from her made him a bit worried. He focused on the task at hand as the others entered the building.

The guards began to lead the small party inside the building. The first area they entered being long hallways with rooms with a few doors leading deeper into the warehouse where it opened up. Part of the building was used to load and unload cargo from ships while the other half seemed to be for the management aspect. The guards stopped the group as another man in a suit approached.

"You're friends are to remain here. You're business with our employer is between just the two of you." He said looking to Logan. The suit looked to Kylie Alex and Jayden, "You're friend is being held at the other end of the hall. His leg has been patched up, you may retrieve him and leave." The suit said.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:14 pm

Alex anxiously followed Logan into the building. The men in the suits made her nervous and she wanted to see her husband. When they told them what room he was being held in she did not hesitate to quickly walk that way. She wanted to see first hand what they had done to “patch up” his leg. She entered the room and rushed to his side.

“Andrew...are you alright?” she asked with worry thick in her voice as she began to look at his leg.

Meanwhile, Kylie looked at Logan. “Are you sure you want me to leave?”

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:44 pm

Logan looked to Kylie as Jayden rushed ahead with Alex to check on Andrew. "Yeah i'll be right behind you pup. Once you get him out i'll make my exit." logan said. He was certain it wasn't going to be as easy as that but he wanted to at least make sure she and Alex got out safely. He wans't sure what condition Andrew would be in so he wanted to give them as much time as possible.

For Andrew this entire ordeal was a bit of a hassle. After suffering the slice on his leg he had been flow across the world and interrogated. After laughing at the complete mix up and insulting those behind it the leader of this little event had his leg patched up rather well and placed him in a more comfortable setting. Kenuichio was furious with this failure but after being convinced Logan would still show he decided to keep Andrew.

Since then Andrew's situation improved. His leg was properly tended to and he had access to a very fancy bar. So he took advantage. course he was worried about his family and knew he was being held hostage but he wasn't going to be able to just up and walk out. He tried it once and he didnt get far at all. So when Alex rushed into the room he had taken a drink of Saki his leg propped up on a chair.

"Alex?" he asked surprised she was there. Shouldn't be too surprised she woudln't want to be left behind he thought ot himself. He leaned back as she tended to his leg. Moving the hakama pant leg up she could see it was bandaged professionally. "i'm fine i'm fine..i dont hear any alarms what gives?" He asked looking to her placing a hand on her cheek.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:01 pm

Alex was visibly surprised by how well Andrew's leg was bandaged up. He had clearly been well taken care of judging by the room he was in and the bar. The whole thing was just very odd to Alex, but she wasn't going to question it. She just wanted to get Andrew out of there quickly. When Andrew placed a hand on her cheek she leaned into his touch, having missed it.

"We were let in. There is some old grudge between Logan and Kenuichio and as soon as the guards saw that Logan was here with us they let us in and told us we could get you and go."

At that moment Kylie walked in. She walked over to where Andrew and Alex were and crossed her arms over her chest when she saw him drinking Saki and dressed comfortably. "Well, clearly we didn't need to be *that* worried about you. You seem to be having a comfortable time of it. Clearly you weren't the intended target. Who was?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:42 pm

Besides the fight and the kidnapping Andrew had little to really complain about. Sure he'd rather be at home but that bar was stocked with bottles he had never heard of and looked rather expensive. And knowing someone would hsow up eventually he just decided to just relax and go with it. He smiled at Alex hoping she wasn't too worried through this whole thing. He only hoped the damage done to his old home was minimal, gave him more reason to put everything in boxes and sort through it all.

"oh good so we can go then." Andrew trying to get up. He grunted feeling a slight bit of pain in his leg. Thankfully the drink helped with most of it but htere was still a twinge of it. Jayden hurried to his side to give him a hand. He looked surprised to see him here and then thought of Zoe, "She threatened ya huh." Andrew pointed out.

"More or less, need to give her a call im a bit behind on an update." Jayden said helping him up onto a foot. Andrew looked up hearing Kylie's voice and smirked a bit.

"Well you didn't need to be all 'that' worried about me. It's me, they just got in a lucky shot." Andrew said boastfully. He grinned when Kylie asked about the target. "so get this, obviously they want Logan so they figured they'd get someone close to him. Some guy got in his head about an street kid that Logan took under his wing years and years ago. Thing is he got the gender wrong and found info on me. You were supposed to be the target." Andrew said looking to Kylie.

"So yet again, you got me in trouble." He teased. He did have a bit to drink and Sake was a bit different than his usual drink.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:11 pm

Alex wasn’t all that surprised when Andrew revealed that Kylie had been the intended target. It made much more sense than Andrew. Kylie and Logan were very close. Logan cared for Kylie as if she was his own daughter.

Kylie rolled her eyes when Andrew pointed out that she had gotten him into trouble yet again. “Oh stop complaining. You are loving this. You’re pretty much on vacation and now you have Alex to fawn all over you. However, we need to get out of here. Kimo was going to secure a boat. He’s probably waiting on us.”

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:23 pm

OOC-I went ahead and cleared the Avengers forum and created a new X-Men one.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum