Some Retirement

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Some Retirement

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:30 pm

Jayden had thought of that option, seriously it would avoid a lot of drama. "Fine i'll go talk to my dad. You just relax and i'll send you a message soon." He said giving her another hug and kiss. He headed back out and hurried down to the subbasement as the others had already gotten permission to take hte new BLack Bird out for a mission. Running to the hangar he came to a halt seeing his father, mother and law and Kylie and Kimo.

"Hi..um..i have to go with you guys."

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:48 pm

Kylie had already changed into her suit and was ready to go. She was anxious to get in the air, but tried not to show any worry around Alex. The group was going over the basic plan when they were suddenly interrupted by Jayden. Kylie blinked at Jayden's statement, but decided to leave this decision up to Logan. He was his father after all and it was his decision. She left with Alex and Kimo to go get the jet ready.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://new-x-men.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:50 pm

Jayden and Logan went back and forth about his joining the rest of his team. Logan didnt want his son getting in the way and already felt he had his hands full keeping an eye on Kylie, Alex and Kimo. "Last time pup you're not coming with." Logan said heading to the jet.

"I'm coming with dad." Jayden said getting rather angry. He felt like he was still being treated like a child. He had to work on his anger he knew this but he was working on it. Logan stopped and looked to his son.

"This isn't some training mission, the men that are involved are serious business." Logan warned. Jayden stood his ground not caring, his wife was counting on him.

"I'm not a child old man. But i'm not going to sit by while someone's attacked my family." Jayden said. Logan raised an eyebrow at the old man remark. He growled but rubbed his head caving. Before they got into it further Kimo called out from the jet getting a bit irritated knowing his close friend was in trouble.

"Can you do the stern father rebellious son on the way??" Kimo asked. Having dealt with Kamea through his entire teen years he knew how this started. Logan glared at Kimo actually stood his ground for once! "another pair of eyes will help now suck it up and get on the friggin jet!" Kimo barked.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:08 pm

Sabella had heard that something was going on and that Logan and possibly Jayden were leaving. Things between Logan and herself were still not completely healed after the incident with Jasmine, but she needed to find out what was going on. She walked into the hanger as Kylie finished the pre-flight checks. She had never flown this new jet before, but it seemed very similar to the original Blackbird.

"What's going on?" she asked Logan as she approached him.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:12 pm

THe rumor mill had pretty much spread throughout the mansion. Kamea wasn't exactly quiet so it wasn't much of a surprise. Logan looked up seeing Sabella ask what was happening. He breathed out and was about to forbid Jayden from joining when his son took advantage and rushed onto the jet. Watching him for a moment he looked back to Sabella his heckles already up from that little spat he had with their boy.

"Someone's grabbed Andrew and is holding him hostage. Just a small thing." Logan said leaving out the fact that an old enemy of his was behind it

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:04 am

Sabella glanced over Logan's shoulder as Jayden rushed aboard the jet. She hated this fight that was going on between Logan and herself. She wanted Logan to forgive her and understand she had only been protecting their daughter. She had hated keeping him from helping, but it had been what was best for Jasmine. She sighed a little, hearing the irritation still in Logan's voice. She wanted to say more, but she knew they needed to go.

"Be safe", was all she finally said before she turned and walked away.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:09 pm

Logan watched Sabella walk away and felt that he should go after her. He knew he was being stubborn but it was hard to apologize. He set his jaw and looked to the side as she walked. Nows not hte time he told himself forcing himself to turn and walk onto the jet. Jayden was already buckled in as Kimo sat next to Kylie adjusting to the seats.

Logan boarded the jet and just took the closest seat keeping to his own thoughts. Kimo glanced back and looked to Kylie, "Think that's everyone." he said keeping his voice low.

"We'll need to head to Tokyo to start with..thats the last time i saw Kenuichio." Logan said giving the coordinates to Kylie

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:49 pm

Kylie glanced out the front window of the jet at Logan and Sabella. She sighed a little as she watched Sabella walk away still looking upset. She just shook her head, but didn't say anything. Instead, she continued to prep the jet. All of the pre-flight checks were complete by the time Logan got strapped in. She glanced at Kimo and then entered in the coordinates Logan gave her. Once those were programmed in she prepared for take off and hit the button that would open the hanger. The ground beneath them rumbled a little as the doors above them opened. Then, a hydraulic lift lifted the jet up through the basketball court. Within seconds they were then in the air. Kylie activated the cloaking system and the jet became invisible to both the naked eye and any radars. However, she could see any other aircraft in the area.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:42 pm

With the improved Black Bird's stealth capabilities there was little for them to look out for on the way out to Japan. The travel was long but quiet with Kimo breaking the silence every so often to encourage Alex taht Andrew would be just fine. That by the time they arrived he would have probably have broken himself out and taunted them for taking so long.

The rest of the trip was uneventful and the navigational system advised Kylie that they had arrived. Locating a secluded spot to land was rather difficult until Logan pointed out their best bet was to land in Nikko and find a way to travel to Tokyo via train. The mountaineous region provided some cover for the black bird to hide out in.

"Well have to take a train to Tokyo but its the closest we can land this thing." Logan said pointing out the location. Kimo looked to Kylie.

"Always wanted to visit Japan when i was a teen. Can't imagine we can do some shopping once we spring Andrew." He teased.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:06 pm

The jet was fast, but it was still a very long flight and most of them were able to get some sleep on the way. Finally, they arrived over Japan. It was nice to see land after seeing nothing but open ocean for so long. Kylie followed Logan's suggestion and navigated the jet towards Nikko. There, she was able to find a safe spot to land. The area was secluded and she powered down the jet.

"Well considering we didn't bring any other clothes I don't think we're going to be able to stay after we find Andrew," Kylie replied with a smile to her husband. "We can come back on an actual vacation."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:48 pm

Kimo sighed knowing full well that they werent able ot make a trip of it. Not to mention Andrew would probably be upset that they were sight seeing. With the jet powered down everyone disembarked. "So how do we communicate here?" Kimo asked feeling rather dumb.

"I'm fluent." Logan said looking back to Kimo.

"Are you really!?" Kimo asked rather surprised by this. He didnt think Logan would take to time to learn another language. Logan gave a huff and kept walking knowing they'd find a road eventually. Jayden grabbed up one of the bags of supplies and followed keeping his distance from his dad. Heading along eventually they would find a road that would take them to one of the small towns dotting the mountainside where Logan would be able to figure out where they were and how close a train station was.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:45 pm

Kylie followed Logan's lead. She was completely lost out here and hoped he knew where they were going. She didn't want to waste any time getting to Andrew. She could tell Alex was anxious and did her best to continue to reassure her that he was fine. However, her attention was drawn away when Logan admitted to being fluent in Japanese. She was just as surprised as the rest of them. She looked back at Jayden.

"Did you know your father spoke fluent Japanese?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:22 pm

Jayden shook his head at Kylie when she asked if he knew that Logan was fluent in Japanese. "Not really, he didnt like talking about things in his past." he said. Which caused some problems in his relationship with Sabella early on but it wasn't something he was willing to share. His past relationships he felt were better suited to just stay in the past. The group followed Logan until they found a road and continued to hoof it to the nearest village.

True to his word Logan was able communicate with those tehy came across and managed to get directions to the nearest train station. For Jayden it was offputting hearing his father talk in another language as if he was always able to speak it. It bothered him how little he knew about his dad. his relationship with Zoe and friendship with James made him realize how little info they knew about their own fathers past but to not fault of their dad. At least they were able to find out more about him. Meanwhile his own father was seriously reluctant about talking about anything.

Jayden exhaled knowing not to think about it for now. Kimo was glancing around some the shops spotting a kimono he thought would look good on Kylie and thought a new dress would make a good gift for her next birthday.

Logan returned to the others after securing a ride to the station. "Looks like they have a taxi service, we can all cram in and get ourselves a ticket to Tokyo without much of a problem." Logan said looking to Kylie and Alex. He was glad that his son and Kimo weren't wondering about but worried when they got to a city

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:41 pm

For Kylie it was strange hearing Logan speak Japanese, but then again he had lived a long time and had had a past before joining the X-Men. His past was his own and as someone with a difficult past she could understand not wanting to talk about certain things. He deserved his privacy, although it still fascinated her. I will never fully know you, will I? Kylie thought to herself as she looked at her longtime friend.

Alex was grateful to Logan for his help, knowing there was no way they would be able to pull this off without him. "How long will it take for us to get to Tokyo?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:39 pm

Logan looked to Alex, "should get to the train station within the hour. matter of a few hours on train to Tokyo." He said trying to be hopeful for Alex. He was certain he would get another message from Kenuichio before too long. They all stood out pretty bad and it would only get worse when they got to the city.

He looked to Kylie noticing that Kimo was lagging behind a little bit. "I'll go arrange some transportation to the train station, should give us a bit more time to get rid of the jet lag." Logan offered before turning to the villager helping him out.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:52 pm

Alex sighed a little, but nodded. She wished that it wouldn't take so long to get there. She just hoped that Andrew was alright and hadn't been hurt by Kenuichio. They were able to get transportation to the train station and as they waited for the train to arrive Kylie took a seat next to Logan and looked at him.

"So, what was it that brought you to Japan?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:39 pm

Logan looked to Kylie when she asked how he came to Japan. This was what he wanted to avoid with the situation. But he relented knowing Kylie wouldn't let this go. "You know i took part in wars in my past. I was shipped out to assist in intelligence gathering in Japan. I was captured and sent to a prison camp in Nagasaki." He said. He went into detail of his struggles and his eventual escape from his cell, where he fell in love with a local girl Atsuko.

"And then the bomb dropped..the big one." He said looking to Kylie. "I survived..a lot of people didnt." Logan said. He never really wanted to return to Japan but with his work with the X men that wasn't exactly an option at times. And now a part of his past had stirred. "This doesn't involve our situation however. Another venture out to Japan i came across this influential family and things turned sour."

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:34 pm

Kylie listened to Logan with genuine interest. Logan was the closest thing she had to a father and she was extremely interested in his life because he had lived for so long. Normally, he didn't open up this much, even to her, and so she made sure not to miss a word of what he said. It was difficult for her to imagine living for so long. While it might sound like a great adventure, she could imagine that after a time it would get lonely watching those you care for grow old and die.

"So, what exactly do you think this guy wants with you?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:39 pm

Logan thought back to his early encounters with Yuriko and Kenuichio. Along the train ride he explained to Kylie of early encounter when Yuriko or Lady Deathstrike as she took to calling herself. Defeating her he found out she had been taught by Kenuichio who Logan went after soon after. "He probably had nothing to do with her besides teaching her looking back on it. But i was headstrong and stubborn..moreso than i am now." Logan said being quick to cut off any quips from Kylie.

"Yuriko's father developed the adamantium skeleton and she has it in her head that i stole it and grafted it on myself. Kenuichio and me went at for a while and i've come out ahead. Mans honor still has a few marks on it. Figure it just an old grudge that he wants to take care of." Logan said. He wondered then if perhaps Kenuichio was on his last legs and wanted one last attempt at Logan before he passed.

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:46 pm

Kylie listened closely as Logan began to tell her about how he had come to know Yuriko and Kenuichio. She was completely fascinated by anything and everything having to do with Logan's past since very little was either known or spoken about. She smirked a little when Logan pointed out that he had been headstrong and stubborn, but was cut off before she could make any comment. The man knew her too well.

"What I still don't understand is why they went after Andrew. The whole thing seems strange to me, but I guess we will figure that out soon enough."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:32 pm

Logan had to think on why they went after Andrew of all people. He thought of people he knew who an enemy would go after but it still wouldn't be him. "I dont know, if anything i feel he would help them out." He said hinting they still dont get along.

"I figure we'll find out why they grabbed him specifically. If he's smart he'd tell him we're not on good terms." Logan said looking to the window. After some time he spotted the train arriving and corralling Kimo they all boarded. Logan made arrangements for the tickets and before too long they were on their way. Logan sat down on one of the seats feeling eyes upon him from somewhere. He woudlnt be surprised if they were being watched. they stuck out. Especially with Kimo wanting to see everything around them. Kylie's husband at the moment had his face up against the window watching the view as they rode on

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:30 pm

Kylie took a seat next to Kimo, but let him have the window seat. He was so excited that she couldn’t help but smile. She hoped that one day they would be able to return on better terms and enjoy a vacation for themselves. Suddenly, she felt like they were being watched and she glanced back slightly over her shoulder. She didn’t see anyone obvious but she decided that she needed to remain vigilant. Jayden was sitting in the seat in front of her and he had just gotten off the phone with Zoe. She leaned slightly over the back of his seat to talk to him.

“How’s Zoe doing?”

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:50 pm

Jayden had made sure to sound positive an optimistic. That his father was actually concerned for his father in law. He highly doubted that was the case but he didnt want to give Zoe reason to be concerned. "She's worried." Jayden said. He looked to Kylie, "Her dad has a bad heart..im sure you already knew that though. And she's stuck at home." he said.

"just trying to keep her hopes up ya know?" he said> though Jayden had personal reasons to help Andrew as he helped out with fixing his marriage

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:03 pm

Kylie nodded a little when Jayden confirmed that Zoe was worried. She had every right to be. This was her father after all. She just hoped she wouldn't worry too much and stress herself out. She was pregnant and that stress could transfer to the baby.

"She has a very good support system at the mansion. They will all make sure she is alright."

She paused a moment before looking back at him. "Are you still worried about becoming a father?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VoltKimo on Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:35 pm

jayden nodded glad for Kylie's support. He knew the others would look after Zoe and keep her stress levels low. Everyone at the mansion would make sure she would be fine. Jayden breathed out feeling like he should be at her side but he didnt want to sit this one out. When Kylie asked if he was concerned about becoming a father she could tell by the lok on his face that he was scared beyond belief.

"I have no idea what i'm doing." He admitted.

"Fun isn't it?" Kimo asked smiling a bit.

"But you guys seem like you know exactly what to do all the time." Jayden said thinking that both Kylie and Kimo were natural parents.

"I'm a surfer bum by nature i had no idea how to raise a child." Kimo smiled looking to kylie warmly knowing she didnt see herself as a mother before Kai. "I'm sure you'll figure it out as soon as you see your child for the first time." Kimo said looking to Jayden

VoltKimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum